Page 1 of 1
WB and SS- Any Good?
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#1 Posted: 16:03:13 14/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I just ordered Wrecking Ball and Stump Smash off of Amazon, they should be here Wednesday. But my question is -
are they any good?
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2 Posted: 21:55:10 14/11/2016
In my opinion, they're some of the best in the original game, however some may call them some of the weakest.

Stump Smash's acorns have good range and can take out some enemies before they even start attacking you, and his hammers do fair damage too. (I recommend the acorn path)

Wrecking Ball's Forcefield Ball is extremely powerful, just spam that button after taking him on that path and you wreck everything. However, in later games, this attack becomes extremely underpowered, and the tongue path is much more useful there.

EDIT:
Wrecking Ball has what I call a hidden upgrade that allows him to enter the Forcefield Ball faster when on that upgrade path, doing a very rapid 60 damage if you spam the button to enter and exit it. This process is slowed down immensely come SSF, causing Total Tongue to be the superior (and also overpowered) path. I have very little experience with him in STT and beyond.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:20 15/11/2016 by weebbby
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#3 Posted: 23:35:41 14/11/2016
Don't listen to this guy. I have both paths on Series 1 and 2 Stump Smash. Acorn path is trash. Go for the combos.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#4 Posted: 00:31:33 15/11/2016
^ Except:
The time it takes to recover from a combo (which is 60+60+80=200 total damage iirc) would allow an extra hit without the use of combos (bringing 60*4=240 total damage). Not even mentioning that the Stumpfist path doesn't have a damage upgrade, so the Stumpfists do the same amount of damage on both paths. Sending a Meganut flying is nothing compared to making it split into multiple exploding Acorns, and making a Meganut explode is also lacking compared to making it split. Acorns, on the other hand, do massive damage if you mash that button, and having two explosive ones at once is really powerful. The difference here is in playstyle, as the acorn path is more of a hang back path, whereas Stumpfists is get right in there. Personally, I really enjoyed the Stumpfist path as well, but I realized that over the other combos I was always remaining with either the A, A, A combo or just mashing A when using that attack, so I reset and took the other path for utility.

EDIT:
Info on Stump Smash based on SSA only, very little experience with later entries playing as him.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:38 15/11/2016 by weebbby
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#5 Posted: 00:45:59 15/11/2016
I love Wrecking Ball, and even more with Total Tongue, altough I know he's not one of the strongest characters. But I like it, he's really funny and cute, and if you play carefully, he can be as good as any other Skylander. It all depends on how "hardcore" are you as player.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#6 Posted: 08:58:38 15/11/2016
Wrecking ball so cute , and strong too . One of my faves .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#7 Posted: 12:07:35 15/11/2016
Quote: weebbby
^ Except:
The time it takes to recover from a combo (which is 60+60+80=200 total damage iirc) would allow an extra hit without the use of combos (bringing 60*4=240 total damage). Not even mentioning that the Stumpfist path doesn't have a damage upgrade, so the Stumpfists do the same amount of damage on both paths. Sending a Meganut flying is nothing compared to making it split into multiple exploding Acorns, and making a Meganut explode is also lacking compared to making it split. Acorns, on the other hand, do massive damage if you mash that button, and having two explosive ones at once is really powerful. The difference here is in playstyle, as the acorn path is more of a hang back path, whereas Stumpfists is get right in there. Personally, I really enjoyed the Stumpfist path as well, but I realized that over the other combos I was always remaining with either the A, A, A combo or just mashing A when using that attack, so I reset and took the other path for utility.

Hm. I'm gonna have to test this. TO THE LAB!
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#8 Posted: 01:42:43 22/11/2016 | Topic Creator
SO,

I got both last week, WB is somewhat on the weaker side, probably won't make it into my elite class of Skylanders.
His rolling attack is good- if you have the attack that allows you to control it.
Stumpy, however, is kind of strong. Especially for a new character. Gonna have to learn to master the AMAZING acorn ability, but will probably go for the smasher path, I'm planning to get S2 Stump Smash anyways, so I can do his other path on him.

Overall, I would say money well spent. Even if they end up bad in the long run, they get me two characters closer to getting all 32.
I'm thinking WB won't make it into my go-to team, but he will probably fall a couple tiers behind, and SS will probably make it into my backup tier.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#9 Posted: 02:40:41 22/11/2016
You can change paths anyway with the S2 SS so you're free to test both paths out whenever you want
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me