Page 1 of 1
Portal Owner's Pack
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#1 Posted: 13:41:06 10/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I saw in Walmart's Black Friday ad that they listed a Portal Owner's Pack for Imaginators. I haven't been able to find any information on it. Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a list of what comes in the pack anywhere? It says it's a "Special Buy" so maybe it's just some special deal that Walmart is getting for Black Friday. I'd like to know more about it, as my son has been saving up his money to buy it himself. He has enough for the portal owner's pack ($25), but if it was like Giants, it probably doesn't come with as much as the starter pack (i.e. less figures), so it might be worth paying the extra, anyway.

Edit: I was able to find a copy of the ad where I could zoom in a bit and it looks like it may only come with a creation crystal, so no senseis. Definitely doesn't seem worth buying, to me, unless you're just buying it for another system (i.e. PS3 and getting the PS4 version).

[User Posted Image]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:49:40 10/11/2016 by obidawsn
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 14:20:32 10/11/2016
Oh wow, this is pretty silly. Not even a Villain? At least 25 bucks is a great deal, but after launch, few will care.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#3 Posted: 15:21:23 10/11/2016
I wonder how much the portal owner's pack would have sold for 'normally', if it had been available at launch? $25 for just the game and a crystal would normally be a great deal, but not when the full starter pack is selling for only $14 more.

Depending on the price, I might have bought this if it had been available at launch, since I already had a compatible portal and didn't need another. However, I just went through the list of senseis again. Even without having to include King Pen and Golden Queen, I still can't create a minimal ten-sensei list that covers all the battle classes and elements while avoiding characters I don't want to own. (I don't want the Bazooker or Quickshot villains, which greatly reduces my options. Why couldn't those classes have had three senseis like all the others?)
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#4 Posted: 20:11:31 11/11/2016
I was wondering if they were going to do another Portal Owner's Pack this year, as I really don't want another portal, but it should be substantially lesser than the normal one for me to consider it. The normal starter pack actually looks like a much better deal this time, considering you get two Senseis for just $14 more (the regular price of one Sensei). I'll have to think about this.
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:07 11/11/2016 by Sboy13
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 20:14:26 11/11/2016
Starter Pack on Black Friday sales is just 10-15 dollars above Portal Owners looking at the upcoming sales, so -for now-. it's still the better option. If you just want Crash or miss the sales, though, it'll probably work nicely.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#6 Posted: 22:16:28 11/11/2016
Why didn't they come with this at the release?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#7 Posted: 22:33:00 11/11/2016
They said they weren't going to do it at all back in June, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#8 Posted: 03:11:22 13/11/2016
My guess (take it with a grain of salt) is that management was getting nervous that they were missing out if the "legacy" players really were done buying figures so came up with this. Fact of the matter is, saying one thing and doing another has been a trend for a while, and it's not helping.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#9 Posted: 13:41:44 13/11/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
My guess (take it with a grain of salt) is that management was getting nervous that they were missing out if the "legacy" players really were done buying figures so came up with this. Fact of the matter is, saying one thing and doing another has been a trend for a while, and it's not helping.

i think you are right about this, and later on they definitive should make imaginators a part of the ps+ and xbgoldlive digital library. just to get people to buy the figures and crystals to avoid retails to be stuck with a lot of figures all over again.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:43:31 13/11/2016 by CountMoneyBone
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me