Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Most Segmented, Fragmented, Divisive, Fractured, Split, or Divided Fanbases?
Page 1 of 1
Most Segmented, Fragmented, Divisive, Fractured, Split, or Divided Fanbases?
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#1 Posted: 04:15:07 05/11/2016 | Topic Creator
We all know/belong to fanbases that can never agree to anything? Which fanbases in your opinion are the most divisive groups in video gaming?
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#2 Posted: 04:26:40 05/11/2016
Spyro. It's just a no brainer at this point.

Also Sonic but even SEGA keeps its fanbase together with memes nowadays lmaooooooooooooooooooooo
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:26:53 05/11/2016 by DS D
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#3 Posted: 05:10:34 05/11/2016
Final Fantasy. I love the franchise myself, but the fanbase rarely ever agrees on anything.

Fire Emblem, ever since Fates and Tokyo Mirage Sessions split the fanbase more ways than Fates' amount of paths.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#4 Posted: 06:14:34 05/11/2016
Pokemon's tends to disagree on which gens were good and which weren't overall and it can only get worse when you get into Meta with the Pokemon themselves. It's why we have terms like "Genwunner". Most can agree Ash is an idiot, but even then you still have those that like him.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 11:18:47 05/11/2016
Can I give my vote to all of them? No fanbase is safe, which is why the internet can't have nice things. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#6 Posted: 11:40:13 05/11/2016
Same as HIR. Someone always wants to make your life worse for disagreeing, someone always depends on their opinion being accepted to be happy and throw a fit when it doesn't. Apply that to a community, welp.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#7 Posted: 11:49:53 05/11/2016
Just about any franchise that was popular in the 90s because we're pathetic old men who don't wanna move on to the modern times unless it's Pokemon and Tekken, which have been consistent for 20 years.

Maybe Call of Duty too. A split between the older fans who love both the spectacle of the older campaigns and multiplayer and the kids that keep playing a new CoD every year just for the sake of it. Older fans can't keep up and move on while kids still scream racist slurs with doritos and mountain dew in their mouths.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#8 Posted: 13:47:41 05/11/2016
Fnaf is pretty bad imo, it's split between cringey little kids that think the animatronics are cute and make horrible ships and such, then there's people who focus on trying to figure out the games lore, and then people who just play the game casually.

Legend of Zelda is kinda split too, mainly between people with nostalgia goggles who still think that ocarina of time and majora's mask are the best games ever made, and those that don't. If you think OoT is "bad" or "just ok" you can get some serious backlash.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#9 Posted: 15:05:34 05/11/2016
Honestly, the harsh reality is: ALL fanbases have their fair-share of bad eggs. Though, in my honest opinion, I'm mostly annoyed by the Rock Band fanbase. I'm actually a Guitar Hero fan, and to be honest there's really not a whole lot I like more in the Rock Band franchise. I like the characters more in GH, I like the stages, the graphics, heck I even like the gameplay more in 5 and WofR. But the setlists are what do it for me. Yet Rock Band fanboys always act like Rock Band is factually better than GH and come up with all these excuses as to why I have to like it.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#10 Posted: 20:41:49 05/11/2016
Kingdom Hearts Enough Said. Really people are fight for one certain fictional character in the series, just shut up already.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#11 Posted: 00:03:17 06/11/2016
All of them.

All of them.

Even the smaller fanbases have their moments.

Now if I had to pick one, I'd say Phantasy Star. You've got the Classic fans (aka genwunners), the PSO 1 fans, the PSU fans, the PSO 2 fans, and that tiny shadowy place called the PSZ fandom. And then you have the poor souls who like everything (and as such have to navigate a minefield).

All of the groups within this fandom tend to think their game is the bestest and that the franchise has been ruined ever since Sega moved on. Good luck getting them to see the merits of any other games in the series.

For example, the PSO 1 fanbrats are legendary. These are the people who were genuinely shocked that Sega betrayed them with PSO 2. How were they betrayed, you may ask? They wanted PSO 2 to literally just be PSO 1 with prettier graphics. They don't want gameplay fixes or overhauls, they want the same damn game from over ten years ago just with more shinies. Do note that these people would rage at Pokemon for changing too much. That is how stuck in the past they are.

I'm sorry, I just really dislike PSO 1 fanbrats. They almost made me quit playing the game altogether.

That said, this is how the fandom was before I unceremoniously stopped participating in it. I have no idea if much has changed, but from what little I've seen of PSO 2's specific fandom, it's full of perverts and elitists. Oh, and the poor souls who still think the game has a chance to come to the West, and those who laugh at them.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#12 Posted: 11:03:39 09/11/2016
I sincerely believe the Smash fan base is the worst, strictly because the vitriol from it seeps into so many other fanbases and causes them to become even worse.

And as far as crossover games go, they are way more hostile and picky over who gets in and what not. I literally have not seen that once in any other crossover game's fandom.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#13 Posted: 01:16:02 10/11/2016
^To add to this, Smash also has some pretty notable lines in the sand based on your preference of game, and you can be looked down upon for playing one over the other (Melee and PM players in particular get real smug about it).

For a fanbase who as a whole gets looked down on by the FGC for playing a "party game", they sure like to **** on Smash 4 and Brawl players.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#14 Posted: 06:32:35 10/11/2016
The TF2 fan base seems to be divided, some people are angry that the game receives little attention from Valve while some are content with the the state of TF2. Actually, could you consider this divided? idk
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me