Page 1 of 1
Understanding Sparx
Van_Dort Red Sparx Gems: 12
#1 Posted: 04:21:29 12/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Hi everyone! I have some trouble in understanding Sparx's speech in the first cutscene. Actually, I'm Russian, but I've heard that even some native speakers have the same problem))). It's really important to me 'cause our fan-company is working now on the translation of this game into Russian. So, could you tell me what Sparx says in his dialogue with Bianka during the intro? I really appreciate your help)
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#2 Posted: 15:44:49 29/10/2016
I suppose Sparx does say specific words in the opening cutscene, but I think people weren't intended to understand what he was saying. After Sparx says something, Spyro says something like "uh, yeah, right Sparx" implying that he doesn't really understand what Sparx was saying. It's the same way with Spyro 3, where Sparx's voice actor reads every word from a script but it's just buzzing nonsense. Sorry, this probably doesn't help much. Anyway, translating the entire game seems like a lot of work, so best of luck smilie
---
You gotta believe!
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#3 Posted: 19:15:09 08/01/2017
I see that this is an old topic, but in case there is still interest, I'll give it a shot:

• To Spyro at the beginning during the festival: "It's not every day a dragonfly gets a dragon either, Spyro."
  • As Ripto casts his spell: "Well, that's incredible" or maybe "Wow, what an animal." It's really hard to figure this one out exactly.
  • As the group finds Sparx: "That dumb Ripto! There was a big bang and a long tunnel.* When I woke up, I was here!"
  • At the end: "Well, everything's finally back to normal! Isn't it Spyro?" (yes, the same thing Hunter says; that's the "joke") After Spyro talks a bit: "Or the dragonflies!" which Spyro translates.

*Not entirely sure on this sentence. Could very well be "he has a big brain and a long (strong?) ego" "Tunnel" could be "Bubble" as well. Not enough context for reference.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#4 Posted: 07:22:40 12/02/2017
I think you're right about most of these lines. The only thing is that I think the second thing Sparx says might actually be, "Hey, I don't feel good," or something along those lines. I'm also not sure about the third line, no idea what he is saying there.
---
You gotta believe!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me