darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > [OFFICIAL TOPIC] The Definitive Skylanders and Vehicles Tier List
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
[OFFICIAL TOPIC] The Definitive Skylanders and Vehicles Tier List [STICKY]
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#101 Posted: 11:25:53 28/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Coxula
I don't know if I'm completely stupid but the Imaginators tier list is completely empty. I can see the ranks but no Senseis / Imaginators listed. All other games tier lists are fine...
What am I doing wrong? Any idea?



They are still new and we are trying to figure spots out. I have a few I need to add. But I'm not counting Imagnitors since I honestly don't know how to judge them.
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#102 Posted: 11:41:29 28/04/2017
I don't think we should bother ranking Imaginators. Equip ultimate gear and they have broken attack stats at high enough levels, plus there's too much variation in how effective they are depending on level. The more Senseis you buy the more their positioning changes and the more noticeably overpowered they can get... But IMO... Messing around with them at different level caps is too much to test for something that isn't worth it. I've tried testing as many Element and class combos as I can, and even without messing with level caps, it straight-up gets repetitive and becomes unfun pretty quickly.
That's just my opinion, though, and if someone starts doing it and actually enjoys it then I'm not gonna stop 'em. When I was making SF tier lists for Ghostroaster, I did it for fun- because I enjoyed playing and testing everyone anyway, and it was satisfying having something to put all that time and research into- not to have the tier list... 'Cuz honestly... It's useless for single-player and should only be created for the fun of testing/dicussion. It's usually obvious who the most effective characters are and a tier list really doesn't help with finding out who's fun, because that's way too subjective.

... And along with my dying interest in this game (seriously, my playtime has nosedived in the last month), the lack of discussion is why I never contribute to this list. I would only be playing and posting for the discussion, but I honestly don't think there has been very good discussion of the Skylanders themselves since TT or maybe even SF. I think people just care about paths less since TT (IIRC, we haven't had as many people making path videos since then... But don't hold me to that, since I also stopped watching path videos during SF).
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 11:54:18 28/04/2017 by Drawdler
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 679
#103 Posted: 14:26:21 28/04/2017
Quote: GigaCamo
Quote: Coxula
I don't know if I'm completely stupid but the Imaginators tier list is completely empty. I can see the ranks but no Senseis / Imaginators listed. All other games tier lists are fine...
What am I doing wrong? Any idea?


They are still new and we are trying to figure spots out. I have a few I need to add. But I'm not counting Imagnitors since I honestly don't know how to judge them.


No way it was meant as a complaint!!! I meant: The list is completely empty and I wanted to know if this is right or if I have some sort of technical problem.

And: Yes. Imaginators seem to be broken regarding the power level.
Nervertheless it would be interesting to me which combinations of Element and Class are top tier or bottom tier. I don't need a full review of each combination.
I'm dreaming of a patch that brings us a hotseat multiplayer arena where you can fight against each other - but that doesn't belong to this thread.
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:25:21 30/04/2017 by Coxula
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#104 Posted: 15:42:08 28/04/2017
If someone else is also testing every class/Element combo, maybe they could contribute to a tier list of those, separate from the main one. Even though I'm trying to test them, I don't think I have the interest to contribute my notes or such from testing Imaginators, because they're more for me personally.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:44:46 30/04/2017 by Drawdler
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#105 Posted: 02:51:03 01/05/2017
Quote: Drawdler
If someone else is also testing every class/Element combo, maybe they could contribute to a tier list of those, separate from the main one. Even though I'm trying to test them, I don't think I have the interest to contribute my notes or such from testing Imaginators, because they're more for me personally.


dark/brawler is QUITE powerful.
Wishblade Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#106 Posted: 03:03:24 01/05/2017
My most powerful are my life sentinel, water knight, and dark bowslinger.

But Imaginators are OP. Maybe the tier list should exude them. I would like to see the tier list for senseis and discuss them. My favorites often change as I play, but right now I might put in the top tier:

Mysticat. using her (or is it his?) three attacks synergistically, she is untouchable in shadow form while blasting multiple shots from her copycats. She saved my but in a tough gong battle where several other characters got destroyed.

Barbella

Chopscotch

Pit Boss!! On the snake pit path. Just run back and forth opening snake pits and shooting snakes. When surrounded, go into snake mode and drag enemies away. Boom!
---
Any last wishes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:18:07 01/05/2017 by Wishblade
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#107 Posted: 03:40:43 01/05/2017
Quote: Wishblade
My most powerful are my life sentinel, water knight, and dark bowslinger.

But Imaginators are OP. Maybe the tier list should exude them. I would like to see the tier list for senseis and discuss them. My favorites often change as I play, but right now I might put in the top tier:

Mysticat. using her (or is it his?) three attacks synergistically, she is untouchable in shadow form while blasting multiple shots from her copycats. She saved my but in a tough gong battle where several other characters got destroyed.

Barbella

Chopscotch

Pit Boss!! On the snake pit path. Just run back and forth opening snake pits and shooting snakes. When surrounded, go into snake mode and drag enemies away. Boom!



agreed on the bolded!

(mysticat is male, btw. headcanon i that he's a transitioning f to m but thats for another time)

also, AIR. STRIKE.
JohnnySmasher42 Gold Sparx Gems: 2877
#108 Posted: 23:06:23 01/05/2017
Hmm... OP Senseis...
Grave Clobber, King Pen, Kaos, Dr. Krankcase, Chopscotch, Air Strike, and Tae Kwon Crow.
Well, of the ones I have at least. My other senseis are Crash, Cortex, Boom Bloom, Hood Sickle, Starcast, Golden Queen, and Wild Storm, so idk if like, say, Chain Reaction or Bad Juju is OP.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
Wishblade Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#109 Posted: 05:13:11 15/06/2017
I so wanted to like Starcast as my favorite ninja., but after more gameplay, I must admit that Tae Kwon Crow is the most powerful of that battle class.
---
Any last wishes?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#110 Posted: 05:53:18 15/06/2017
grave clobber top tier
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx Gems: 3477
#111 Posted: 22:46:36 09/07/2017
I decided to rank the SSA Skylanders based on how well both their upgrade paths do. Each tier is worth 1 to 6 points, 1 being bad (E) and 5 being really good (S). 10 points in total. So that means...
10 Points: Basically a God
No-one

9 Points: OP as Heck
Terrafin (confirmed best Skylander lol)

8 Points: Still OP
Camo
Bash
Double Trouble
Cynder
Drobot

7 Points: Excellent
Dino-Rang
Zook
Stealth Elf

6 Points: Very Good
Voodood
Ignitor
Sunburn

5 Points: Good
Prism Break
Slam-Bam
Hex
Sonic Boom

4 Points: Usable
Spyro
Wham-Shell
Flameslinger
Ghost Roaster

3: Eh...
Zap
Chop Chop
Whirlwind

2: Bad
Wrecking Ball
Gill Grunt
Eruptor
Boomer
Drill Sergeant
Warnado
Lightning Rod
Stump Smash

1: Very Bad
Trigger Happy

0: Trash
No-one

Not my opinion, just this is how well both paths together did. For example, Stealth Elf would have been higher if the Scarecrow path was better.

I probably made some mistakes though.
---
I’ve had this avatar for a year and a half at this point, I’m not changing it now
cookieeater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#112 Posted: 14:53:40 17/11/2018
imo lighting rod is a great character i was enable to win 9 swap force pvp matches in a row last night i was on level 20 on the lord of the lighting path
---
my fursona is a hot dog
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me