darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Creation Crystals and Senseis' Size
Page 1 of 1
Creation Crystals and Senseis' Size
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1 Posted: 13:31:58 29/08/2016 | Topic Creator
So, I felt like making this topic mainly because I'm pretty sure some of us have a rather big collection and may find these informations useful to better plan and organize how to display them in the future.

Since it's reveal Imaginators has been bothering me for figures' size: Sensis are big, just like Swappers and Trap Masters you may say, but unlike them they seem to be big for the sake of it.
Everything from the bases to their poses seems made only to make them look as huge as possible, and it's something I personally don't like, especially when thinking about how they'll fit in my collection.
They look definitely bigger than a Swapper and maybe even than the majority of the Trap Masters.

But they might not be as big as they appear.
Looking back at pictures of Creation Crystals, to find molds, I came across this one:

[User Posted Image]

The first thing which crossed my mind was that the Crystal seemed much smaller than I initially thought; I tried holding Bumble Blast (one of the bigger Cores) in the same way and I think they are roughly the same size.
Which bring us to my second "discovery".

While I was trying to look for more in-hand shots of the Crystals, I stumbled upon this image:

[User Posted Image]

Focus on Wolfgang and Ambush, because Golden Queen is tall even for Senseis' standards.
The Crystal on his right seems to be just a tad shorter than Wolfgang's figure, if it weren't for the bow they'd be practically the same size.
Even in the previous picture, the one of the Light Crystal, you can see a Life one next to Tri-Tip and even if the perspective is odd it looks like it goes past his head.

I still have doubt, though, because the in-hand pictures of the Senseis make them look Trap Master's size at least, but these direct comparisons make me hope they will contain themselves.

That's about it.
Feel free to discuss and share more evidences of both toys' sizes, if you have any. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:39:11 29/08/2016 by Drek95
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#2 Posted: 13:42:44 29/08/2016
Senseis are wide as much as they're big, don't forget about that. I'm having to make space in my shelves because they'd cover up Cores and Minis.

Also Golden Queen is taller than a Giant, that's her ingame size. If you saw the Skylanders Academy leak, she also keeps that height in there, considering she bends almost a 100 degrees to get to Kaos.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 13:55:05 29/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Unfortunately, yes, they are absolutely large and not simply tall.
I would have accepted it more, if it were the case.

And yes, Golden Queen is an exception because her figure form's size matches her in-game model, which actually makes me remember another thing: quite a few Senseis look just a bit taller than Cores, in-game.
No need to bring up the orange elephant in the room, just look at Ambush compared to an Imaginator: ok, it could have been a very big Imaginator but I don't think that's the case basing on their surroundings.

King Pen could be the size of a Trap Master but his ridiculously wide chest could make him look bigger than he actually is.
We do have a very quick moment where he fights alongside an Imaginator, in the reveal trailer, and he doesn't look that big or tall.

Can't tell about the other ones, I doubt I've seen enough of them to get the right idea.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:56:46 29/08/2016 by Drek95
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#4 Posted: 13:57:07 29/08/2016
Chopscotch and Crash are obvious examples. Ingame they're no bigger than regular sized Cores, but their figures are very large.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 14:10:58 29/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Mmmh, I thought Chopscotch's figure matched her in-game model pretty well.
It is big, but only because she has a giant axe (and they found the wider pose they could think of).

Chopscotch herself looks Core-sized to me.

Crash and Cortex, on the other hand...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#6 Posted: 14:14:46 29/08/2016
I'm pretty sure Crash and Cortex are that big because they want the Crash fans to buy the toys and display them as legit figures.

I personally have no problem with the large figures because most of them look really nice. I would appreciate a better paintjob on some of them though. Wolfgang's toy is utter trash.
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#7 Posted: 14:14:59 29/08/2016
"The Senseis are roughly the size of the Giants and Trap Team figures."

--GameInformer 2016
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#8 Posted: 14:17:28 29/08/2016
Can we also talk about the size of the boxes?

The problem is worse if you don't take them out the package, like me.

However the boxes have a perfect shape this time around to put them side by side or even up and down, as they are like cubes (well, rectagunlar to be precise).

I will end up using another shelf, I will take some stuff to the storage room.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#9 Posted: 14:23:05 29/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheToyNerd
I'm pretty sure Crash and Cortex are that big because they want the Crash fans to buy the toys and display them as legit figures.

I personally have no problem with the large figures because most of them look really nice. I would appreciate a better paintjob on some of them though. Wolfgang's toy is utter trash.

I guess so.
It's not really a problem for me, since I plan to put them in a different place than the rest of my collection, but it would be weird if someone decided to place them next to Spyro.

Completely agree, bigger figures are fine but this only makes the lack of painted details even more evident: I hope they don't think making them bigger means automatically better.

Quote: Kat-Kun
"The Senseis are roughly the size of the Giants and Trap Team figures."

--GameInformer 2016

I remember this article, and that's exactly what I am expecting but those images makes me think differently.
Doubt they changed their size during development, though; maybe it's a matter of perspective?

Didn't though about boxes, angelg, they are a big problem in that case.
Trap Master's packagings must be a nightmare to store.
Really hoping they'll return to more manageable dimensions, next year.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:25:51 29/08/2016 by Drek95
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#10 Posted: 14:44:29 29/08/2016
Never use a hand for size comparison.
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:04 29/08/2016 by Akseyomiht
#11 Posted: 15:08:45 29/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh.
WOAH.

That was... Unexpected.

However, I tried comparing Bumble Blast and Rocky Roll to the Crystal when on top of the Portal (like in this picture):

[User Posted Image]

Unless they are using a different-sized SWAP Force Portal, it still looks like the Crystals are about the size of the tallest Cores.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#12 Posted: 14:41:15 31/08/2016
My only problem with the sensei's size is that Kaos is supposed to be really small. His figure should be the size of a core skylander, even if the base remained large to create a contrast.

Edit: Also, Crash and Cortex
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:53:43 31/08/2016 by Psychomancer
#13 Posted: 17:04:51 31/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Psychomancer
My only problem with the sensei's size is that Kaos is supposed to be really small. His figure should be the size of a core skylander, even if the base remained large to create a contrast.

Edit: Also, Crash and Cortex

I personally don't have a problem with them, because two are guest-stars with their own rules (they don't have a proper catchphrase and Crash doesn't wear Sensei clothes despite not being a villain) and Kaos is part of his own Element, but I completely understand you.

If I displayed them among my collection they would irritate me a lot.
I sincerely can't understand this "bigger is better" idea.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#14 Posted: 21:25:58 31/08/2016
I really like the bases, figures and packaging this year, much better then the last couple of years in my opinion

I don't mind the increase in figure size .For one thing even though we know the paint jobs sometimes arnt great, making them bigger does make it possible to add more detail to the figure textures. It may also make some more complex mold design possible and enable them to make some more "brittle" designs that wouldn't work for smaller/ thinner molds.

The overall figure size comparisons don't matter to me anymore coz those were ruined years ago by SF, so there would be no point trying to make everything perfect now. The damage is done .

also we have to remember that lightcore pieces like the crystals are much easier to make it they arnt super small , by making them a little bigger then what we'd expect they probably kept their manufacturing cost down . Smaller= more complex for these things.

One of the reason they couldn't make the DI dearth maul figure a lightcore like the rest, is coz it was to complex to light a double ended light sabre for the figure size. It would've made it randomly more expensive .
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#15 Posted: 22:55:13 31/08/2016
The tallest Cores in my collection are Bat Spin, S2 Hex, LC Smolderdash & Thorn Horn Camo. If the Crystals are as big as those, then Golden Queen (who seems to be the tallest Sensei) is as big as Krypt King. I guess I'll have to put my vehicles all on one shelf and put the two Senseis behind my Superchargers. I was worried that Smash Hit's tall figure would cover the Earth Senseis, but after seeing Golden Queen, I doubt that. Though I think Grave Clobber will probably top Golden Queen.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me