Page 1 of 1
Multiple crystal molds per element
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#1 Posted: 21:40:01 18/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Just so people can stop trying to assume one way or the other .

Undead creation crystal in Wolfgang pack ( spikes)
[User Posted Image]

Undead creation crystal in a single pack ( handles)
[User Posted Image]
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 21:42:32 18/08/2016
I wonder if they'll count differently in the collection. Seems almost like they'll be packaged randomly from the looks of things, there's like 3 elements for the rune vessel but none for wings, etc.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:42:55 18/08/2016 by Bifrost
#3 Posted: 21:49:59 18/08/2016 | Topic Creator
It'll probably be a almost random mix like traps . But there seems to be less molds this time which is good hopefully it's just a mix between 10 molds
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#4 Posted: 21:53:13 18/08/2016
Well since there's only 1 line of Creation Crystals on the poster, I guess we'll basically be left guessing to what the other molds of each element could be.
---
Dead
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#5 Posted: 22:02:06 18/08/2016
Activision....fool me once, shame on you....but fool me twice...

No way I'm chasing these crystals after what happened in Trap Team. Eat THAT, Activision.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 22:07:10 18/08/2016
The crystal itself seems to be unique according to the Element, though.
At least, it's the same for both of those Undead vessels.

Maybe they'll manage to make it less messy this year: for example, they could release just one mold per Element, as Single Packs, and then put a couple different ones in Combo, Triple and Adventure Packs.

EDIT: forget that, Mysticat's crystal has a different shape from the one shown in the GamesCom video.
Why did they wasted time coding all these possible shapes in-game...? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:16:24 18/08/2016 by Drek95
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#7 Posted: 22:37:37 18/08/2016
I don't know why people are upset at this. It makes sense! If you have multiple Creations of the same element, you would want to differentiate the Crystals a bit.

Plus it seems like the molds are exclusive to certain bundles so it's fine. Hopefully there's only a few molds in total. Traps had WAY too many different designs...
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#8 Posted: 23:35:02 18/08/2016
I don't think I'm really going to think about it too much as the stickers can separate them just fine. So I'm not going out of my way hunting for unique molds.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#9 Posted: 00:23:26 19/08/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
I don't know why people are upset at this. It makes sense! If you have multiple Creations of the same element, you would want to differentiate the Crystals a bit.

Plus it seems like the molds are exclusive to certain bundles so it's fine. Hopefully there's only a few molds in total. Traps had WAY too many different designs...

agreed..plus, the traps were severely unbalanced. 3 trap molds each for light & dark but 4 villains? and 6 molds per element for the classic 6 yet only life, tech & water even have 6 villains. and why 2 Kaos trap molds? so redundant and unnecessary...at least, as you pointed out, having a different crystal for different Imaginators made in that element makes way more sense
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:57:38 19/08/2016 by ChillStealthElf
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#10 Posted: 00:26:49 19/08/2016
I hope there are no Yawn Creation Crystals. arrrgh
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#11 Posted: 07:30:22 19/08/2016
We saw the different molds too, the single ones are different from those in the triple packs, that goes for undead, water, magic, earth and i think it was life so far. Might have some better pics but haven't uploaded them yet.

Btw: Dunno if it was said already: Once you chose a Battleclass for your imaginator, the class will be saved onto the crystal forever. you can't reset the crystal to change the class. You can edit the Imaginator as often as you like to but not his class. So if you want every class for every element, you'll have to buy A FEW crystals smilie

The game isn't finished yet and it can change but that's the actual status i got yesterday at gamescom.

Nice to know: They were able to reset the crystals at gamescom, because of the lifesize-imaginator contest. It was an extra menu or something in the menu of the ps4, not in game.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:32:35 19/08/2016 by myskylanders
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#12 Posted: 07:54:34 19/08/2016
^I guess I'll have to watch gameplay videos of each class and read guides before making choices.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#13 Posted: 10:57:12 19/08/2016 | Topic Creator
We all know not being able to reset is bad, but nothing's confirmed so don't bother getting worked up and ranting yet lol.

The crystals have a management tab after all. it'd pretty pointless to have a management tab to only have an " ownership" option in them, and possible the nicknames, but past videos have had that option in the personality tab.

Did anyone actually click on the management tab at gamescom? Coz all the videos I've seen just skipped over it.
---
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#14 Posted: 11:35:36 19/08/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
We all know not being able to reset is bad, but nothing's confirmed so don't bother getting worked up and ranting yet lol.

The crystals have a management tab after all. it'd pretty pointless to have a management tab to only have an " ownership" option in them, and possible the nicknames, but past videos have had that option in the personality tab.

Did anyone actually click on the management tab at gamescom? Coz all the videos I've seen just skipped over it.

Depending on where you played you were often watched by PR or someone else, so surfing the menus or something wasn't easy smilie
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#15 Posted: 13:56:21 19/08/2016
A realization I had while ranting on GD ; if locked classes is a thing people will start happily using third party tools and stuff you can't go into detail on DS(and the one you can) to wipe them clean, since some will want to research the best choices on their character themselves and not looking up videos and whatnot.

You screwed up badly when this gets encouraged in your game. Really hoping they'll go back on at least this, Day One patch or not.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#16 Posted: 14:00:47 19/08/2016
Is the single Magic crystal different than the one bundled with Mysticat? And are the ones in the triple pack different than the single ones, too?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#17 Posted: 14:15:11 19/08/2016 | Topic Creator
From memory, the magic crystal in the triple pack was the same mold as the mystical double pack crystal. Not sure about the single park , people don't know how to camera good and do a slow scan across the display lol .

Also I was going insane watching several videos where people picked up and viewed the double packs and adventure packs closely but none of them looked at the back of the boxes lol . We could've got a glimpse at future double packs and adventure packs there lol. ( if they weren't blacked out like a section of the starter pack box was )
---
#18 Posted: 14:18:04 19/08/2016
FGTV showed the side of the starter pack with the adventure packs and it had black tape over the Crash one. They probably did the same as SS16 and just blocked the backs from view entirely.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#19 Posted: 15:30:49 19/08/2016
Anyone who collects Creation Crystal molds is flat out of their mind after all that has happened.

I anxiously await hearing Gamemaster complain about it. smilie
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#20 Posted: 16:07:08 19/08/2016
Honestly I don't like these crystal things at all (wasn't fond of the Trap Team one either), so I would never get one of each just because "collecting Skylanders." I mean, there is more than enough figures to collect and we'll probably get at least 50% of them as variants as well. Money better spent on decent looking characters over hunks of plastic which looks like...crystal hourglasses...I guess?

I wonder, if there will be a sea of water ones. My TRU still has about 50 of the Trap Team water ones. I wonder if stores will stock up on these things much at all or have they learned from Trap Team that they are poison and they'll stop ordering up on them really quickly. I'm thinking that several will be rather rare, but honestly I couldn't really care, I'll let others worry about getting that next Yawn Trap. I'll stick with the ones that comes in the Starter Pack.
---
Stay Cool!
#21 Posted: 16:10:09 19/08/2016
I don't think there even are Fire crystals in Wave 1, are there? I think at least that was fixed.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#22 Posted: 16:18:38 19/08/2016
Does anyone have pictures of all the different molds shown so far? We should make a chart or something.
---
Boop me if you see this.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#23 Posted: 02:50:49 20/08/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
I hope there are no Yawn Creation Crystals. arrrgh

I can guarantee it will. Don't even start down that path. Or if you do, expect to be disappointed.

EDIT: Sorry, defpally beat me to the punch. And yes, can't wait for the GM threads.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:53:27 20/08/2016 by TakeYourLemons
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#24 Posted: 09:18:38 20/08/2016
Calling it now, there's gonna be ten molds for each element.

10 molds for 10 different battle classes.
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#25 Posted: 20:41:52 20/08/2016
It makes perfect sense for the crystals to have different molds.
What if you had two characters, and both of them were Magic, and they were Knights?
How would you know which character was which?
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#26 Posted: 23:46:38 20/08/2016
3 maybe 4 at most would be ok!!

The original picture showed 8 of the ten sculpts as being different!!!
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#27 Posted: 23:49:08 20/08/2016
I'm hoping that if there are multiple molds, they keep it at like 2-4 per element.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me