darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > a skylanders game without figures ?
Page 1 of 1
a skylanders game without figures ?
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#1 Posted: 10:19:36 10/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Let's say after a few years from now activison decides to release a skylanders game without figures and five charcters from each element are playable in the game which charcters would you pick and what would you want to change in the game play .
My thoughts for the game play charcters would react in a unive way with environment
Charcters would have more than 5 attacks
Gameplay would be more RPG
Secret missions
The game would focus more on the gameplay
Bigger levels and hub
Customizing the hub
Magic : Spyro, Pop fizz , splat , Painyatta and mesmeralda .
Life : Stealth elf , crash , camo , Chompy Mage and zo Lou
Water : wash buckler , gill grunt , thump back , snap shot and Frezze blade
Undead : roller brawl , hex , Krypt king , Cynder and Wolf gang
Fire : eruptor , blast zone , flare wolf , wilf fire and hot dog
Air: jet-vac , sonic boom , whirl wind , free ranger and storm blade
Earth : Flashwing , terrafin , prism break , smash hit and crusher
Tech : Trigger happy , gearshift , sprocket , dr.krancase and bouncer
Light : aurora , spotlight , knightlight , astroblast and Luimous
Dark : Hoodsickle , nightfall , blackout , knightmare and starcast
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:22:06 10/08/2016 by KingMed
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#2 Posted: 11:09:51 10/08/2016
I feel like 5 per element is too much. That would be 18 more Skylanders than SSA, and 2 more than SG (not counting reposes/lightcores). If they're going to make a game that's more focused on the game itself rather than the toys, then I think there should be two per main element, and one each for Light and Dark. I would choose:

Magic: Pop Fizz, Deja Vu.

Water: Gill Grunt, Riptide.

Earth: Prism Break, Scorp.

Undead: Chop Chop, Grim Creeper.

Fire: Eruptor, Fryno.

Air: Jet Vac, Blades.

Tech: Trigger Happy, Wind-Up.

Life: Stealth Elf, Food Fight.

Light: Spotlight.

Dark: Blackout.

EDIT: Also, I would really like a game where you can play as either Spotlight or Blackout and have the villain and story change depending on who you pick.

For example, choosing Blackout would result in Spotlight eventually becoming the main villain and final boss. They would start out on the same side, but eventually the story would change depending on your decisions.

They could also add Light Villains on Blackout's side and Dark Villains on Spotlight's sides as side characters too.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:23:27 10/08/2016 by AmbushFan
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#3 Posted: 12:28:21 10/08/2016
We had a somehow similar topic not so long ago and, most users didn't seem very fond of the idea of not having toys around anymore. Not to mention the fact that the lack of support for most of the figures would very polemic, to say the least.

Anyway, Knight Light has always been my number 1 by a long shot. In that hypothetic scenario, getting him as one of the playables would be good news for me.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:29:12 10/08/2016 by angelg
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#4 Posted: 12:39:42 10/08/2016
Skylanders wouldn't be anymore without the toys.
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5782
#5 Posted: 13:17:30 10/08/2016
Quote: henryszuch
We've had plenty of these topics in the past. Skylanders wouldn't be Skylanders without the toys. TFB and VV definitely focus more on the toys and each games gimmick than they focus on changing the gameplay a lot. It wouldn't be Skylanders if the games became how you described them.

Thinking about it. I don't 100% agree with this. With the side books, comics, and soon to be airing show, Skylanders is setting up a brand that might be able to last without the toys.

Granted, I don't think the series would be the same. The only real way I can see the above idea working is as such:

Skylanders ends (albeit with Imaginators or game 7, 8, 9, 10, etc). A decade passes. Skylanders gets a toyless reboot after so many years without the franchise around, basing it around the show or book (banking of nostalgia?), or starting from scratch.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:18:11 10/08/2016 by SoulfulWolf
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#6 Posted: 13:25:59 10/08/2016
This collector would no longer be into SkyLanders. The whole reason SkyLanders the original game was created is because of Toys to Life idea, which they started, so to take their own idea and not use it would be suicide.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#7 Posted: 14:35:06 10/08/2016
The only way I could see a Skylanders game without toys is the free to play idea I came up with. Microtransactions allowing players to purchase the Skylanders digitally, while collectors could use our portals to scan our collections ( or use the toys on the portal to play like always ). However, I'd limit the available Skylanders to just the normal series 1 versions, unless you scan the toys. Doing a game like this could bring in more fans to the franchise, allow longtime fans & collectors access to more content than those just into the free to play title, and give our entire collection meaning again.

Free to play Skylanders, as I envision it, would feature:

element gates
dual element gates
Traptanium gates
vehicle zones
feats of strength
Giant areas ( like in 3DS Giants )
Swap Zones ( preferably more like in the 3DS game than the lame minigames from the console Swap Force )
arenas
Supercharger gates
racing
Portal Master powers
chests in fixed spots, possibly respawning on replays
Story Scrolls, Soul Gems and Winged Sapphires in fixed locations ( there would be a Soul Gem for every Skylander )
vehicle mods and Imaginite chests
special element based abilities ( IE water Skylanders can swim like in SA, fire Skylanders can walk through lava )
updates adding more options to customize Imaginators, more Skylanders & Soul Gems and more levels as new main games are released
in-game character resets so we don't have to reset the actual figures if we don't want to
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:54:07 12/08/2016 by ChillStealthElf
#8 Posted: 15:28:08 10/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: SoulfulWolf
Quote: henryszuch
We've had plenty of these topics in the past. Skylanders wouldn't be Skylanders without the toys. TFB and VV definitely focus more on the toys and each games gimmick than they focus on changing the gameplay a lot. It wouldn't be Skylanders if the games became how you described them.

Thinking about it. I don't 100% agree with this. With the side books, comics, and soon to be airing show, Skylanders is setting up a brand that might be able to last without the toys.

Granted, I don't think the series would be the same. The only real way I can see the above idea working is as such:

Skylanders ends (albeit with Imaginators or game 7, 8, 9, 10, etc). A decade passes. Skylanders gets a toyless reboot after so many years without the franchise around, basing it around the show or book (banking of nostalgia?), or starting from scratch.

I agree 100%
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#9 Posted: 20:33:15 11/08/2016
Aren't this games a excuse to collet toys?
#10 Posted: 01:34:52 12/08/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm talking about a reboot...anything could happen maybe you'll play as a portal master in game and place virtual figure on the portal and then play as your skylander
kczportalmaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#11 Posted: 10:41:11 18/05/2017
a game starts with 8-10 elements characters and collecting by doing challenges side quests and spenting gold
---
go home villains your all drunk off for your G()D DVWN @5535
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me