Page 1 of 1
an idea for adventure packs
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 01:22:00 09/08/2016 | Topic Creator
So, my idea for how they could do adventure packs is-

a sensei
a level with a new storyteller and imaginator items
creation crystal matching the sensei's element

seeing as our current wave 1 list from that argos magazine is missing 3 characters we've seen (ember, tri tip, hood sickle) and 2 elements of cc (fire, dark, tech, earth) this could be a great way to get those out there.

(yes, i am aware the fire cc is in the starter and the dark cc is in the dark starter)
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#2 Posted: 01:38:05 09/08/2016
I know they will do it, but man. NO ADVENTURE PACKS PLEASE! That's so old and tiresome and adds at least $100 more cost to the game every year. And you're left with a castle figure (or something) that has absolutely no use until next years game as a lame random pow-blast. I know we're not forced to buy it, but still I always felt a bit ripped off whenever I bought one of those things as I rarely actually wanted the figures that went with them.

Either way, yeah, it'll probably be a theme pack. 1 fire crystal, 1 fire lander and 1 fire level unlock = $30. Fire, Water, Life, Earth something like that, much like last year. I think the days of 3 Skylanders characters to a pack are gone (due to increased price) and they are left releasing these adventure packs.
---
Stay Cool!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 01:53:54 09/08/2016
I can see this happening... But without the Adventure Pack piece. They pretty much do nothing outside of the game they were intended for. That, and didn't someone record a message saying "level unlocked" after testing out Crash in a demo? Might work similarly to that if they do it, where the Sensei itself is the Adventure Pack.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#4 Posted: 02:05:07 09/08/2016
I love adventure packs. Side quests levels really extend the game. They'll be less special/ worth it without magic items though , and I don't think they'll be returning despite my protests lol.

I thought it would've been good for them to put only villains In the adventure packs , as kind of like a villainous quest level.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#5 Posted: 04:38:41 09/08/2016
Quote: fairyland
I know they will do it, but man. NO ADVENTURE PACKS PLEASE! That's so old and tiresome and adds at least $100 more cost to the game every year. And you're left with a castle figure (or something) that has absolutely no use until next years game as a lame random pow-blast. I know we're not forced to buy it, but still I always felt a bit ripped off whenever I bought one of those things as I rarely actually wanted the figures that went with them.

Either way, yeah, it'll probably be a theme pack. 1 fire crystal, 1 fire lander and 1 fire level unlock = $30. Fire, Water, Life, Earth something like that, much like last year. I think the days of 3 Skylanders characters to a pack are gone (due to increased price) and they are left releasing these adventure packs.

Psst...
You DON'T have to wait til the following year to use em' as a "pow blast", they function was such outside the hub to begin with.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#6 Posted: 05:53:55 09/08/2016
Quote: juarmo

Psst...
You DON'T have to wait til the following year to use em' as a "pow blast", they function was such outside the hub to begin with.

except for Trap Team's....
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 06:56:24 09/08/2016
As much as I liked old Adventure Packs I would be happy if they followed the Crash route and made the characters themselves unlock the levels.

Senseis are already pretty expensive (and big), a Double Pack with just one of them and a matching Creation Crystal would be more than enough in terms of figures.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#8 Posted: 20:39:33 09/08/2016
Quote: ChillStealthElf

Psst...

I don't know about that.
The Expansion Packs (Sunscraper Spire and Midnight Museum) had a Lightcore effect.
but I haven't actually tried using my Nightmare Express...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
TotalEclipsePro Green Sparx Gems: 469
#9 Posted: 01:24:47 10/08/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
So, my idea for how they could do adventure packs is-

a sensei
a level with a new storyteller and imaginator items
creation crystal matching the sensei's element

seeing as our current wave 1 list from that argos magazine is missing 3 characters we've seen (ember, tri tip, hood sickle) and 2 elements of cc (fire, dark, tech, earth) this could be a great way to get those out there.

(yes, i am aware the fire cc is in the starter and the dark cc is in the dark starter)

Hood Sickle is an adventure pack exclusive? smilie This will be Sunburn all over again.
---
Galactic. Rocket. Aqua. Magma. Plasma. Skull.

Team Flare never happened!
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#10 Posted: 01:30:48 10/08/2016

Psst...

I don't know about that.
The Expansion Packs (Sunscraper Spire and Midnight Museum) had a Lightcore effect.

they did? I only remember being asked if I wanted to play the corresponding level when I used any of the 4 TT adventure pack items
#11 Posted: 07:11:12 10/08/2016

I don't know about that.

they did? I only remember being asked if I wanted to play the corresponding level when I used any of the 4 TT adventure pack items

Did you use them in the Academy?
Cause even in the first 3 games, if you used Dragon's Peak, Empire of Ice, Pirate Seas, or Darklight Crypt again while still IN the Ruins/Eon's Citadel or the Dreadyacht, or used Sheep Wreck Island, Tower of Time while still in Woodburrow (I'd assume, I didn't buy the SWAP Force Adventure Packs). they'd just play the video again and ask if you want to do the level.
You have to go into a level to use them as a nuke in the games where they unlock levels
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me