Page 1 of 1
Reposes for future games - Idea
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#1 Posted: 06:23:50 01/08/2016 | Topic Creator
So this idea came to mind, and since I have no idea where to put this, i'll put it here.

Now, the characters they choose to repose are "fan-favorites" when... It's not exactly the case, so what if, instead, it was up to the fans to decide? They would have a vote before the game would go into developpement, allowing us to vote 10 characters, 1 per element, to be reposed, and each character with the highest votes would make it into the game.

So who would you vote?

Magic: Cobra Cadabra (Never got him, and he looks fun)
Fire: Sunburn (Hes basically guaranteed... and he kinda needs it)
Water: Echo (I NEED to get her, and it would be cool to have her)
Life: High Five (Only Life character I don't have)
Air: Fling Kong (It was between him and Blades, and since i have Blades I have to choose him, but I really want him soo)
Tech: Wind-Up (Great character. Deserves it)
Undead: Bat Spin (It was between her and Funny Bone, and I greatly prefer her over him, so eh.)
Earth: Rocky Roll (Fun character)
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:59:19 03/08/2016 by Luminous35
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2 Posted: 07:17:36 01/08/2016
I'd vote Knight Light ( I know, I Know he's a gimmick and gimmicks get no reposes, earn yourself that comment), Thrillipede, Dune Bug, Bat Spin, Scratch.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#3 Posted: 09:24:38 01/08/2016
Magic : Spyro ( Dawn of the dragon powers fire,electricity and ice and combos like head butt and stuff)
Undead : Hex with crazy spells and the ability to summon skull servings to attack
Water : zap with acid attacks and the ability to summon eles
Tech : Sprocket with rocket boots and a gun
Air : Jet-vac with metal wings and a new bazooka
Life : Zo Lou they should make him faster and give him the ability to summon new animal spirts
Earth : Bash they should make his dream come true and give him wings
Fire : Sun burn a new move and a new way for him to teleport
Light : Spotlight it would be cool if she could make clones of herself to fool enemies and light blasts would be cool
Dark : blackout if already perfect
and I think that every winged charcter like (sun burn ,scratch and blackout ) should be able to fly by tapping the jump button twice instead of making it a third attack
Wreckin Ball Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#4 Posted: 14:21:56 01/08/2016
Magic: Spyro/ Wrecking Ball
Undead: Eye-Brawl
Water: Wham Shell
Tech: Chopper
Air: Scratch
Life: High Five
Fire: Sunburn
Earth: Bash
Light: Spotlight
Dark: Blackout
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:01:38 03/08/2016 by Wreckin Ball
TotalEclipsePro Green Sparx Gems: 469
#5 Posted: 16:49:16 01/08/2016
Bowser (he would become Dry Bowser), Sunburn, Spyro (along with Dark Spyro), Ghost Roaster, Cynder, and Drobot. (The reason I didn't put Blackout and Spotlight is I want them to stay rare, plus they are already the best they could ever be anyway.)
---
Galactic. Rocket. Aqua. Magma. Plasma. Skull.

Team Flare never happened!
WarDoctor42 Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#6 Posted: 21:07:55 01/08/2016
We need spyro back.

Also Luminous35 what is that avatar pic!?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:08:21 01/08/2016 by WarDoctor42
#7 Posted: 21:26:40 01/08/2016
Spyro should be re-imagined the franchise got rid of so many cool attacks ( ice shards , electricity ,grabbing enimes , combos , stopping time and the ability to turn into a ball ) they made Spyro so boring they only gave him 2 attacks fire breath and ramming * I won't count flying as a attack*
They should give him another chance he was so good back in his older games and he was fun to play as....he has so much potential .
#8 Posted: 22:06:01 01/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: WarDoctor42
We need spyro back.

Also Luminous35 what is that avatar pic!?

Drawing I did.
---
Squicman Yellow Sparx Gems: 1552
#9 Posted: 14:02:03 03/08/2016
I would want reposes of the characters I wasn't able to buy, so Drill Sergant, Wham Shell and Grim Creeper.
#10 Posted: 16:12:34 03/08/2016 | Topic Creator
^ Same, but Sunburn needs a repose sometime soon. Tons of people would vote him.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#11 Posted: 16:29:45 03/08/2016
That would be great! Then we'll never have to see Gill Grunt again smilie
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#12 Posted: 17:39:30 03/08/2016
Fire: Sunburn/ Bowser/ Spitfire
Water: Wash Buckler/ Snap Shot
Life: Tree Rex
Magic: Spyro/ Spry/ Dark Spyro/ Dune Bug
Undead: Fright Rider/ Fiesta
Earth: Golden Queen/ Scorp
Tech: Boomer
Air: Lightning Rod
Light: Knight Light

Yeah gimicklanders get no reposes but this isn't what I predict, this is what I want
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:46:36 03/08/2016 by AmiiboMaster
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#13 Posted: 17:49:49 03/08/2016
How about no more reposes and just rerelease older characters and packs for limited times at TRU or something. They did that for Dino Rang way back when. Why can't they do it for others?
#14 Posted: 18:08:48 03/08/2016
I actually would rather have recreations of old characters like SC. That way I feel justified to bother getting them.
---

Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#15 Posted: 18:23:31 03/08/2016
as i've said many times before I'd be fine with getting another Chill just so I can have a chill that can be upgraded yet look like she does in the figure and not the robot and i'm not fond with her blizzard form either but it's better then the robotic look.

But I'd rather just stop with all reposes. Lightcore and Elites maybe and maybe putting skylanders back out for a limited time is fine but I'd rather not have anymore reposes or even recreations. It always feels like they are just going to put another version of Stealth Elf, Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy and Eruptor. Great you don't have to buy them... But if ever they reintroduce the system like they did with Giants and how you had to have a Series 2 to unlock their heroic challenge it could become easily very annoying.
DreamBeam Red Sparx Gems: 88
#16 Posted: 19:04:53 03/08/2016
Magic: Sharp Finish Spyro
Magic: Bad Basket Cobra Cadabra
Tech: Lazer Mine Drill Sergent
Tech: Rocket Rehab Trigger Happy
Earth: Crazy Cage Prism Break
Earth: HandShake FistBump
Air: Wide Wing Whirlwind
Air: Bounce House Scratch
Life: Slicing Stealth Elf
Life: Backup Food Fight
Undead: Spirit Grim Creeper
Undead: Horrid Hex
Fire: Hot Headed Torch
Fire: Heat Stroke Sun Burn
Water: Shattered Chill
Water: Music Blasts Echo

IDEK
#17 Posted: 19:16:14 03/08/2016
Burning Bones Bowser.
---

juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#18 Posted: 09:26:52 08/08/2016
Quote: KingMed
Spyro should be re-imagined the franchise got rid of so many cool attacks ( ice shards , electricity ,grabbing enimes , combos , stopping time and the ability to turn into a ball ) they made Spyro so boring they only gave him 2 attacks fire breath and ramming * I won't count flying as a attack*

They didn't "take out" anything.
The moveset is inspired by "Spyro the Dragon", not "the Legend of Spyro".
he could breath fire, charge, and when you pressed Charge in midair, he'd do a "Horn dive"
and in Spyro: A Heroes Tail, you could also switch breaths between Fire, Lightning, Water, and Ice. The water did no damage and could only be used for puzzles, the Lightning was a linear attack with a fan shaped hitbox. It could hit any target within that fan, but would only be in a thin line between Spyro and the target. Ice could freeze enemies and a horn bash could Instantly kill the targets while frozen iirc. also, he could use his wings as a shield to block certain attacks

Quote: KingMed
They should give him another chance he was so good back in his older games and he was fun to play as....he has so much potential .

older games that you've clearly never played. All I see you bringing up is Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, that's not even classic Spyro.
Though I do agree with you. Something along the lines of your suggestion would be fun.
Mostly I want to see his third attack replaced. Certain characters [like Knight Light] don't have an upgrade for flight, and do so by double jumping, even characters like Spyro who DO use their third attack for flight, can trigger their flight that way, so it's wasting an upgrade AND a move.
I could see them replacing cerrain upgrades for more recent games, such as Spyro's Flight being switched for Wing Shield or element breath toggle. Would be good.
I'm 90% sure they could replace upgrades if they wanted to.
The games themselves hold the upgrade data, I'm pretty sure the figs only hold upgrades in binary form.
Like 0000000000000 would be a fresh Skylander, 0111111100000 would be a Skylander with its first path unlocked and its soul gem and wow pow missing 1111100011110 would be one with the second path and soul gem unlocked but missing it's wow pow
0111111111111 would be a Skylander that has all upgrades on both paths, including the soul gem and wow pow, but is currently on the first path.
It's kinda proven that the upgrades can be replaced because if I use, say, S3 Spyro in Giants, instead of being treated like an S1, the S3 upgrade is replaced with Fireslam!.
This of course means that if they wanted to, unnessecary upgrades like Spyro's/Cynders Flight and Stump Smash's Waterlogged/Double Trouble's Waterwalker could be replaced by new upgrades if they wanted to.
And it wouldn't have to be just reposes, they could update any character in need of a third move.
If Giants can treat Mega Ram's attack as Fireslam!, the reverse should also be possible.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#19 Posted: 13:21:22 08/08/2016
Yea, let's face it, we'll never get true fan favorites.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#20 Posted: 13:58:13 08/08/2016
The term "fan favorites" is mostly subjective anyway. Regardless of who they choose someone is going to be disappointed because their "fan favorite" wasn't chosen. I don't think it's so much choosing their favorites as much as it is just playing it safe.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#21 Posted: 15:27:59 08/08/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
The term "fan favorites" is mostly subjective anyway. Regardless of who they choose someone is going to be disappointed because their "fan favorite" wasn't chosen. I don't think it's so much choosing their favorites as much as it is just playing it safe.

this is very true...I mean I'm beyond happy seeing new Stealth Elf figures, but I will never understand why Eruptor keeps getting reposes. I'd pick...

Magic: Spyro ( replace flight upgrade with something more fun )
Life: other than more Stealth Elf, I'd go with Bumble Blast
Tech: Chopper
Light: Spotlight
Water: Echo ( like Spotlight & Blackout just hard to find so a repose would be much appreciated )
Undead: Grim Creeper or Fiesta
Fire: Sunburn or Smolderdash
Air: Stormblade
Earth: Flashwing
#22 Posted: 03:57:44 10/08/2016

"playing it safe"? I'm sorry, but the "safe" ones ARE the fan favorites!
"fan favorite" isn't a subjective term.
the "safe" ones are "safe" because they're more or less universally liked.

People get disappointed when their favorites are left out.
But a "fan favorite" isn't any specific fan's favorite, it's a crowd's favorite.
A fan favorite is referring to the fans of the sport, not the athlete.
If they're fans of John Cena, it doesn't make him a "fan favorite", they're his FANS, of COURSE he's their favorite.
No, he's a fan favorite because he's liked by wrestling fans in general.

Same with Pikachu, people get kind of upset to see anyone who says Pikachu is their favorite, as they assume that the person is a casual fan unfamiliar with the series.
But while he's not anyone's favorite, he's universally liked, that makes him a fan favorite.

It's the more generally liked people that are fan favorites.
The one's almost no one is particularly upset to see come back.
Not the one a few people are incredibly happy to see return.
But the one everyone is at worst, tired of seeing return.
The one no one has any real complaint about seeing come back.

TLDR: A "fan favorite" is NOT the #1 character on any particular fan's "top 20", but RATHER the one who appears most frequently on the average fan's "top 20"
It's the one everyone would cheer for, not the one everyone would get so excited they'd cheer at the top of their lungs
"Fan favorite" means "safe picks".
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#23 Posted: 07:46:58 10/08/2016

Which is exactly why I hope they'll never pick fan favorites (for figures) ever again.
Not recormed villains, nor reposes.
Absolutely nothing.

This series is mature enough to not rely on the same 5-6 Skylanders, now.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#24 Posted: 08:01:07 10/08/2016
Quote: Drek95

Which is exactly why I hope they'll never pick fan favorites (for figures) ever again.
Absolutely nothing.

That's not how you market a franchise, that's not how you make a franchise, and that's not how you BUILD a franchise.
You know, build, as in "add on to the existing things", instead of REPLACING THEM COMPLETELY.
Without returnees, or iconic characters, you might as well completely uproot the plot and continuity as well, just like Super Mario Galaxy "2" did, except that didn't have the excuse of using a different main character.
Point is: you might as well make it set in a parallel universe if you aren't going to bring back a few playable characters in some capacity.

Also, the characters people see in all sorts of Skylanders campaigns.
There has to be characters that make people go and say "this is a Skylanders [commercial, collection, etc.]!" just by looking at it, the way Pikachu and Charizard are iconic and eye catching.

There has to be a way to play as those characters in the game, and it might as well be aa way that's profitable to Activision, of which, pre-owned figures, or the few unsold ones on shelves that were already tallied as profit where Activision was concerned, do not count, as they have no real net effect on Activisions profits (pre owned figures were ones supplied to a retailer NOT by activision, so they get nothing out of their sales, and as far as activision's concerned, if they're still on the shelves, they already sold those figures, because they sold it to the retailer, and the retailer hasn't asked for a refund, so.....)

As much as i'd like the Pokémon Anime to let Ash win a Pokemon League, become a Pokémon Master, and just replace him with a different main character (preferably one based in the new region's male [or female] playable character from the RPGs [Like, if they did this in Hoenn, replace him with May or Brendan, in Johto, with Ethan or Lyra, or if it was Black and White's Unova, with Hilbert or Hilda, or if it was Black and White 2's Unova, replace him with Nate or Rosa]), or as much as I think the quality of the show could go up if they did do something like that, they won't because Ash and his Pikachu are iconic, and the series wouldn't be the same without him.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:20:28 10/08/2016 by juarmo
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#25 Posted: 08:22:31 10/08/2016
Quote: juarmo
Quote: Drek95

Absolutely nothing.

That's not how you market a franchise, that's not how you make a franchise, and that's not how you BUILD a franchise.
You know, build, as in "add on to the existing things", instead of REPLACING THEM COMPLETELY.
Without returnees, or iconic characters, you might as well completely uproot the plot and continuity as well, just like Super Mario Galaxy "2" did, except that didn't have the excuse of using a different main character.
Point is: you might as well make it set in a parallel universe if you aren't going to bring back a few playable characters in some capacity.

Also, the characters people see in all sorts of Skylanders campaigns.
There has to be characters that make people go and say "this is Skylanders!" just by looking at it, the way Pikachu and Charizard are iconic and eye catching/

There has to be a way to play as those characters in the game, and it might as well be aa way that's profitable to Activision, of which, pre-owned figures, or the few unsold ones on shelves that were already tallied as profit where Activision was concerned, do not count, as they have no real net effect on Activisions profits (pre owned figures were ones supplied to a retailer NOT by activision, so they get nothing out of their sales, and as far as activision's concerned, if they're still on the shelves, they already sold those figures, because they sold it to the retailer, and the retailer hasn't asked for a refund, so.....)

Oh, you mean what was partially done with SWAP Force...?
I totally agree, a series or franchise should never change itself so drastically which is why I specified "figures".

I personally don't care if they want to use Gill Grunt, Jet-Vac, Stealth Elf and company for merchandise, promotion, Academy or whatever they want and I would be really happy if they kept and developed classic or new NPCs such as Buzz, Mags, Flynn, Cali, Hugo, Sharpfin and so on but I personally don't want to see reposes of Skylanders never again.

Innovation toy and game-wise while keeping what made this series so great intact: this is what I think they should do.

And believe me, I know as much as you when it comes to sales (probably a lot less, actually) but I've seen which characters are shelf-warmers where I live, and reposes are always part of them.
Always.
Don't know about kids, but their parents are most definitely getting tired of buying the same characters over and over again.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#26 Posted: 09:38:14 10/08/2016
Dude I have played every Spyro game that has been created....but you got to admit his dawn of the dragon move set is so badazz
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#27 Posted: 11:50:33 10/08/2016
I'm assuming you mean a full revamp like SSC did.
Magic: Pop Fizz
Water: Flip Wreck
Earth: Rocky Roll
Undead: Chop Chop
Fire: Ignitor
Air: Blades
Tech: Wind-Up
Life: Depends if you can vote for Senseis or not. If yes, Ambush. If not, Shroomboom.
Light: Knight Light. If not, Astroblast.
Dark: Starcast. If not, Nightfall.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me