darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Possible they will continue and improve the imaginators in the next game?
Page 1 of 1
Possible they will continue and improve the imaginators in the next game?
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#1 Posted: 00:26:36 31/07/2016 | Topic Creator
While the previous gimmick landers made a small difference from the Core Skylanders and unlock minigames. I see a lot more possible things to add and improve with the imaginators like adding new classes.

I know it's a bit early but nobody asked Will they ditch the imaginators again for a new gimmick or will they finally advance at least this gimmick?
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#2 Posted: 00:46:29 31/07/2016
I think that they will ditch them but we might actually get new body parts with each update
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#3 Posted: 05:09:05 31/07/2016
Probably not. Gotta have new gimmicks each time.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#4 Posted: 05:18:51 31/07/2016
I would love to see them add to it and keep it going...but I fear they'll end up with it joining traps & vehicles in the 1 & done gimmick with a token unlock or some bs in future installments lounge smilie
WarDoctor42 Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#5 Posted: 05:21:06 31/07/2016
In future games,it is mostly likely going to be used like a trap in superchargers.I do hope we can still play as them though
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#6 Posted: 09:30:46 31/07/2016
I'll be very furious if we cannot play as our imaginators in the next skylanders game and might bail on the skylanders game if that happens. I will continue to support these games and still get all the characters as long as I can play as the Imaginators from now on.
I like the idea that I create the characters but they bring me the adventures.

But i'm totally all for them improving this feature in later games. I may not be interested in building any four legged creatures but if that was the gimmick next game I'd probably make the whole 10 of elements.
But if they were to totally revamp and do series 2 crystals next game I'd be ok with that too.
But this is the greatest feature I could be given in these games.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#7 Posted: 09:37:00 31/07/2016
I honestly hope they are playable in future games.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#8 Posted: 20:00:06 31/07/2016
I have a feeling imaginators will, somehow, still be present in future games.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#9 Posted: 20:51:52 31/07/2016
They need to be. Or it would be a giant waste of an idea.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#10 Posted: 00:21:02 01/08/2016
I'm betting they'll still be playable, but in order to customize them you need to do that in Imaginators again.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#11 Posted: 01:00:19 01/08/2016
This is their best gimmick yet in terms of replayability. There's so much potential here to milk money out of the fans. I can see my parting with cash wanting to make new and varied Skylanders.

The only reasons I can see them not wanting to continue with them would be a) they come up with a better gimmick for making cash or b) they don't feel that people will keep buying creation crystals. But by introducing new parts/weapons etc that require new creation crystals they could keep milking this for a while to come yet.

Personally I'm only interested in having lots of places to explore, interesting villains to defeat and a really good storyline. If they provide that and the opportunity to make my own Skylanders then I would personally keep buying the game and creation crystals for many years to come.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#12 Posted: 02:11:18 02/08/2016
This is, of course, assuming there will be a next game.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 02:21:56 02/08/2016
i wouldn't count on it
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#14 Posted: 03:42:14 02/08/2016
There hasn't been anything that's shown that Skylanders is failing, so I'm pretty sure there will be a next game.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#15 Posted: 11:47:39 02/08/2016
Quote: Bionichute
There hasn't been anything that's shown that Skylanders is failing, so I'm pretty sure there will be a next game.

I mean, Trap Team and Superchargers did worse than SSA through Swap Force. So clearly there is some decline in sales. Plus SC starters and figures are hitting the deep discount!
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#16 Posted: 12:17:21 02/08/2016
They still haven't bee complete flops, though.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#17 Posted: 12:31:56 02/08/2016
Yeah, and there's also the fact that they're still making games in spite of TT and SC not doing too well.
Though this kind of makes me worried that Skylanders will eventually end up as the Shrek or Ice Age of video game franchises.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#18 Posted: 12:48:37 02/08/2016
i want to say they should sit back with another entry for a year or two and really focus on expanding the games. Cause yearly releases never really do good for a series in quality.

Maybe next year they could just put out a HD release of Adventures and Giants. Add in a few extra missions add in possible Light and Dark Core/Giants characters and make all characters up to this point playable.
Not so much of an upgrade but allows them to focus on expanding the next game without losing the interest of their audience.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#19 Posted: 17:20:21 02/08/2016
Nah, they'll just be like "Well kid testers wanted elemental bullets, so..."
TotalEclipsePro Green Sparx Gems: 469
#20 Posted: 17:36:15 02/08/2016
Quote: Street50
i want to say they should sit back with another entry for a year or two and really focus on expanding the games. Cause yearly releases never really do good for a series in quality.

Maybe next year they could just put out a HD release of Adventures and Giants. Add in a few extra missions add in possible Light and Dark Core/Giants characters and make all characters up to this point playable.
Not so much of an upgrade but allows them to focus on expanding the next game without losing the interest of their audience.

A Giants remake? A Dark Giant? Bowser being playable? TAKE MY MONEY ACTIVISION!
---
Galactic. Rocket. Aqua. Magma. Plasma. Skull.

Team Flare never happened!
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#21 Posted: 23:24:11 02/08/2016
With Disney Infinity pulling out of the market I wouldn't think Activision would want to pull the plug yet. Yes there appears to have been a decline in sales but as far as SC goes it was a stupid idea. Vehicles in Skylanders was just a stupid idea. This new gimmick looks like a very exciting idea that I think will boost sales, maybe not back to the highs they achieved in the past but I predict sales will go up.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me