darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Which game had the best Character Line-Up?
Page 1 of 1
Which game had the best Character Line-Up?
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#1 Posted: 15:25:21 03/07/2016 | Topic Creator
So, each game has a series of amazing characters, but what game had the best Character-Lineup to you?

As much as I love the Superchargers Characters, I have to go with Trap Team. Trap Team created a series of tons of super fun characters, and also introduced my favorite character of all time, Knight Light.

That's not all, it all introduced tons and tons of brand new villains that were really fun, like Luminous and Wolfgang, who might now be getting figures!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:25:58 03/07/2016 by Luminous35
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 15:48:48 03/07/2016
Trap Team. Definately too much, but the hit-to-miss ratio is so low you almost forgive the huge roster. Everyone looks polished even when the gameplay falters, including the villains.
Superchargers was a big meeeeh. Half the roster is great oh my god VV finally learned,the other shows they are as stubborn with mistakes as TFB is with nostalgia.

As much as I love my Giants, I gotta agree it's just over Swap Force, which needs no introduction if you know me. It felt like a fill-in-the-blanks of SSA, just having characters that estabilished the use of the elements and playing way too safe; even with the Giants, I don't care much for the speed issue, but they also all are just things that you'd expect from the element that the first game couldn't fit. Love some of the characters but more with gameplay than their actual design or how they expand upon archetypes.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:14:39 03/07/2016 by Bifrost
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3 Posted: 15:56:42 03/07/2016
This is a hard one. These are only my opinions, so no hard feelings.

Best: Trap Team or Spyro's Adventure - While the latter did contain some characters that IMO really didn't fit in (I'm looking at you, Boomer and Ghost Roaster!) I appreciate it's many quadrupeds and Dragon hybrids. The sheer amount of new gimmicklanders and cores makes me tilt towards TT, though. My favourites from each are probably smilie and smilie.

Hit or miss: Swap Force - It might have brought in the likes of smilie and smilie, but there's no excuses for the terrible designs of Riptide, Slobber Tooth and Scorp.

Not enough: Superchargers - With only ten completely new characters, there's not much to choose from here. I'm only really interested in smilie, who has still ended up as a stereotypical bird.

Worst: Giants - The least creative gimmick to date, and including some of my least favourite designs. The only good characters to come out of this one were smilie and smilie.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#4 Posted: 16:39:04 03/07/2016
Definitely Trap Team. Even if it is my least favorite game,the roster is dang good. Supercharger's is definitely second best to me, it may have had a smaller roster, but the ten new characters are all really good IMO. Worst is prolly Giants, even though "worst" is a bit of an exaggeration, considering I still like most of the characters in Giants, and Eye-Brawl is still one of my favorites to date.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#5 Posted: 16:58:31 03/07/2016
Totally Trap Team or SuperChargers.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#6 Posted: 17:08:01 03/07/2016
Swap Force > Trap Team > Spyro's Adventure > SuperChargers > Giants
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:08:46 03/07/2016 by Badwolfmichael
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#7 Posted: 17:40:36 03/07/2016
Spyro's Adventure > Trap Team > Swap Force > Superchargers > Giants
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5782
#8 Posted: 18:06:22 03/07/2016
Hard to say. I won't include SuperChargers in my rankings because I've yet to play it [fixing that this week] and Thrillipede still hasn't come in the mail [ebay...], although I do think the Repose Chargers should count as new characters due to move sets. And for similar reasoning Minis shouldn't be counted in Trap Team. Anyway:

SwapForce > Trap Team > Giants = SSA

Out of trying to play them all per game, I probably have the most fun with SwapForce's characters. It's probably the only game where ever character I wanted to keep using, or playing [so far]. It also probably the game that has more of my favorite come from it than the others. TrapTeam is similar for the most part, but I don't think hits quite the same height when it comes to characters that I just have a blast playing, as apposed to regular fun. I'm also not counting the villains as part of the trap team lineup. In some cases they just seem, too strong [Looking at you Bone Chompy]. Granted I've only played on Normal mode, but still... Giants may have had the smallest roster, but I loved all the characters in that game.* Fright Rider and Ninjini especially. This caused it to tie with SSA, as while I still have some favorites from that game, I have a hard time remembering about half the roster...

*Except maybe Shroomboom or Hot Dog
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#9 Posted: 18:17:22 03/07/2016
hard choice between Trap Team and Swap Force
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#10 Posted: 18:44:52 03/07/2016
1. Trap Team:
It had a very full roster and most characters were great. Of course it also had its wins (Deja Vu, Gearshift, Enigma, Knight Mare, Echo) and fails, (Rocky Roll, Food Fight, Ka-Boom, Jawbreaker, Trail Blazer) but it's impressive how they could come up with so many new unique designs and ideas in barely two years. The Minis were also a better choice than reposes, because reposes are exactly the same, while Minis are at least cute and smol. And last but not least, the Villains. Tons of design ideas and attacks, I feel like they put a bunch of more effort into this game's characters than SSA or SG.

2. Swap Force:
While Swap Force only had a few amazing characters (Smolderdash, Scratch, Rattle Shake, ...) there was no character I really hated. True, there is a certain order, but everyone has at least slightly enjoyable gameplay. I know, Dreamworks grins, but I like Scorp, he has an unique armor! And of course the Swappers were all pretty diverse and all really felt different when playing as them.

3. Spyro's Adventure:
SSA didn't have many characters I like, but it has my all time favorite until this day. (Hex) There were also a few others like Stealth Elf, Spyro, Whirlwind, Camo, Zap etc. but since it's the first game, the developers didn't really know what fans like and made a few missteps. (Stump Smash, Prism Break, Boomer) And let's be honest, it has by far the darkest roster and almost every character could fit into a fantasy RPG with blood and gore without any alteration.

4. Superchargers:
10 new characters really isn't a lot, though there were some that shined brighter than others, (Nightfall, Splat, Smash Hit) and like with Swap Force, the rest of the roster was pretty likeable and unique. Though the reposes kinda ruined the party, since they could've made entirely new characters with the same moveset but the attack that stayed. (ST's invisibility, Terrafin's dig etc.)

5. Giants:
Giants was flat out bad. The only characters I liked were Ninjini, (one of my faves) Chill, Sprocket, Flashwing, Hot Dog & Swarm but the rest was just a mess. Slow, boring and uncreative, these three words are enough to describe the rest of the roster, I hated all of them and I hope we won't get to see those kind of characters in Imaginators. (there shouldn't be a character worse than King Pen & Tri-Tip)
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#11 Posted: 19:06:15 03/07/2016
Cores
Trap Team > Spyro's Adventure > Swap Force > Giants

Gimmicks
Trap Team > Swap Force > Superchargers > Giants
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#12 Posted: 20:33:35 03/07/2016
In terms of gameplay it's a strong tie between SWAP Force and Trap Team.

Design-wise Trap Team wins.

SA's was the first and probably most memorable but there were too many button-mashers Skylanders for my tastes.

SuperChargers (new ones) are good, definitely a step up from V.V.'s previous Gimmicklanders but 10 characters just isn't enough.

Giants was ok.
They got a better idea on how to handle the various gameplays and I absolutely love the concept of the Giants themselves: in my opinion they should have been the only Skylanders to have a bigger size.

As of now Imaginators is a step back from Trap Team but seem to be using the humanoid creatures concept well.
Can't forgive the fact the figures are so pointlessly big.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:44:49 04/07/2016 by Drek95
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#13 Posted: 07:21:16 04/07/2016
Trap Team. But Imaginators might be better when we learn about more characters!
---
bye
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#14 Posted: 07:41:37 04/07/2016
1. Swap Force
2. Spyro's Adventure
3. SuperChargers
4. Giants
5. Trap Team
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:42:05 04/07/2016 by wreckingballbob
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#15 Posted: 07:42:01 04/07/2016
I want to give SA an honourable mention .

I think it had the most diverse group of Skylanders physically, by personality, backstory and by gameplay. Now days a lot of these character are easily over shadowed by new characters with better abilities. But you have to judge each game in its own time.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#16 Posted: 11:25:20 04/07/2016
I'm probably alone on this, but I actually like the Giants characters the most. Thumpback is by far my favorite Skylander, being one of the only characters that really fills that "Big and Ugly" archetype that I tend to lean towards the most. Plus, the characters still had a unique feel to them even after a roster of 32 characters (People argue that Shroom Boom is just a Zook clone, and while I do see it, I kind of disagree to an extent). ...To be honest, it's hard to explain. Besides Thumpback, I also really like Jet Vac and Pop Fizz. I guess it's just safe to say "My favorites were introduced in that game." SA had a great roster, but I can't think of many characters that I really grew attached to. Trap Team's designs were kind of "eh," though still managed some cool ones like Snap Shot and Tuff Luck. Superchargers were even more "eh."

But most of Swap Force's designs were just outright ugly. Stink Bomb, Freeze Blade, Night Shift, Wash Buckler, Slobber Tooth, Fryno are some of the ugliest characters in the game, and I don't think of them as "ugly" in a good way. Besides maybe Trap Shadow (only because I like how muscular he looks) and Smoulderdash (only because she reminds me of Hexadecimal from Reboot) I can't think of any Swap Force characters I really found appealing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:25:54 04/07/2016 by MugoUrth
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#17 Posted: 11:54:39 04/07/2016
SSA/Giants tie: The original characters is honestly why I l love the series overall. Characters in games are important to me, and I loved such the huge variety of them. Dragons and other animals is what pulls me in the most, it's my life long interest. Other than Spyro and Cynder, (which were already a win for me) the designs created just for the game grew on me too. Whirlwind, Drobot, Bash, Sonic Boom and Sunburn + a lot more really got me. In Giants not only did they repose ALL of the characters that I loved, (reposes are great) but there were even more dragons and animals! It felt like heaven, honestly. I'm leaning a little towards Giants, as they had the SSA in it too.

Swap Force had some good ones. It still had dragon/animal type characters. Characters like Rattle Shake, Trap Shadow, Scratch and more were what kept me drawn to it. Most of the characters in it were bland in my opinion, and I didn't care a whole lot for them. Trap Team had my favorite roster just behind SSA/Giants. Pretty much the same as before, great animal characters and dragons that I loved just as much as my favorites. But little did I know that my luck would run out. SuperChargers took away almost everything I loved about the series' characters; no quadrupeds. Even though they could still drive in the game, they thought it was a good idea to take them all away for some bizarre reason. They began to lose my interest, as only Spitfire, Stormblade, Splat and Fiesta caught my attention. Imaginators so far is looking to still have no quadruped designs, as you can't even make an Imaginator on all fours. Crash and others at least have me buying it. I honestly don't think I'll ever be as drawn to the series again as much as before, if they keep it up, that is.

Overall, SSA and Giants are tied, as I said before. smilie
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#18 Posted: 13:07:26 04/07/2016
I loved the Giants too. they all felt really epic and diverse, and characters like frightrider and sprocket felt really unique.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#19 Posted: 13:08:14 04/07/2016
The villains also have new movesets, so they count.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
chowderberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2226
#20 Posted: 13:40:26 04/07/2016
Spyros adventure>Giants/trap team>superchargers>swap force

(I had the wii version of swap force)
---
"Nothing is impossible!"

"That's not true, I do nothing all day!"
#21 Posted: 14:31:25 04/07/2016
Quote: chowderberry
Spyros adventure>Giants/trap team>superchargers>swap force

(I had the wii version of swap force)

Those are scars that never heal.
#22 Posted: 15:11:56 04/07/2016 | Topic Creator
I had the Wii version of swap force too, which made me hate it...
---
#23 Posted: 16:25:51 04/07/2016
I didn't hate the game, I hated Beenox.
#24 Posted: 16:26:34 04/07/2016
Quote: Deja Vu

- - -
---
#25 Posted: 16:52:22 04/07/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW

- - -

Do you like them?
#26 Posted: 16:57:46 04/07/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW

- - -

Do you like them?

no I don't like beenox
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#27 Posted: 19:30:39 04/07/2016
To me I would say Swap Force, Trap Team, Spyro's Adventure, Superchargers and finally Giants of course.

Swap Force had a unique group of characters and took a few chances with some like smilie and smilie. Plus the designs had me guessing on what kind of move these guys would have and actually surprised me on how some of them fought.

Trap Team for the same reasons most people have said here and very fun and unique characters were in this game.

The first had a very diverse cast and these original 32 have a huge charm that can never disappear, but yeah some were too simplistic, some were not that fun or super creative and others were very technical to the point some were clearly experimental. Still these 32 were amazing and are very nostalgic.

Superchargers had cool characters, but some were built up for too long and the pay was very unimpressive. There were even some very generic characters in this game like sadly smilie.

Finally Giants all I can say is the cast was too small, very bland designs, bland gameplay and some pretty predictable and boring fighters in this one. There are the good ones, but there were more bland ones than creative sadly.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#28 Posted: 15:39:20 05/07/2016
1) Trap Team (Very memorable. Introduced my 5 favorite Skylanders and had a lot of variety)
2) Spyro's Adventure (Good. But it has a few downfalls as well as some characters never leaving until Imagnitors)
3) SWAP Force (A very hit or miss roaster)
4) Giants (Great cores, Bad gimmicks)
5) SuperChargers (The Vehicles were good but everything else is meh)
6) Imaginators (Other than the villains and Creation Characters this roaster is looking bad)
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#29 Posted: 15:40:48 05/07/2016
Not this game I can tell you that
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#30 Posted: 16:09:00 05/07/2016
Quote: Bionichute

I have to agree
#31 Posted: 16:12:52 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bionichute

I have to agree

Me too, even if Luminous gets a figure because these new characters are FU- *kicked from the thread*
---
#32 Posted: 16:18:45 05/07/2016
They messed up the villain roster and that was the thing I was hyped for the most, I'm hoping that the Light Bowslinger Mysticat and several females will save the day.
#33 Posted: 16:27:52 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Light Bowslinger is utter perfection. His demonic face got me a signature that is perfect smilie
---
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#34 Posted: 16:30:09 05/07/2016
They messed up the villain roster and that was the thing I was hyped for the most, I'm hoping that the Light Bowslinger Mysticat and several females will save the day.

I agree (DO WE REALLY NEED 2 UNDEAD VILLAINS?!)
#35 Posted: 16:33:45 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Hood Sickle is probably going to become a Dark Element :/

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO TAE KWON CROW?
---
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#36 Posted: 17:50:29 05/07/2016
For me
Giants, SSA, TT, Swap Force, Superchargers.
Superchargers the least, because I miss the quadrupeds and Spyro.

Giants had a great roster and the Gimmick of the Giants was cool at the beginning. They were BIG and cool to play with. I love Ninjini and she was very dangerous when completing all the heroic challenges.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#37 Posted: 01:29:02 06/07/2016
1.Trap team ( although that game had some of the ugliest charcters in the series)
2.Super chargers
3.Swap force
4.Giants ( good designs but most of them aren't that special)
5.spyro's adventure ( my favorite game...but most of the charcters felt very rushed and some were very boring)
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#38 Posted: 05:31:02 06/07/2016
This is a good question. I am having a hard time deciding. As with most things Skylanders, there are pros and cons.

I just think that Giants is not getting enough credit in this post. Yeah, the roster was small in this game with all of the series 2 re-poses, but more than a few were pretty awesome. A lot of my fav's like smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
---
Any last wishes?
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#39 Posted: 06:21:25 06/07/2016
The day they revealed Giants with Tree Rex is one of my happiest gaming moments ever.

I was fifteen at the time, and had just woke up that morning. Went on the computer, looked up skylanders and there HE was, standing next to Stealth Elf in all his Giant figure-sized glory, TREE REX.
Needless to say, I had the biggest, most idiotic grin on my face that day.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me