Page 1 of 1
Favorite Skylander Intro?
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#1 Posted: 01:10:12 26/06/2016 | Topic Creator
While I know it doesn't have much to do with Imaginators, it does give us the opportunity to speculate how the new intro for the 6th game will be like. Will it be like the ol' classic beginnings with Eon appearing and talking about the magical world, or will it be something like Superchargers, new and unique?

It may be a bit early to discuss, but I thought it would be worth talking about, and in the process, what is your favorite intro after all?

And while it's not fully apart of the Skylander Franchise, this has got to be my favorite intro of all time. It's probably the most mature of all of them.
But out of the regular five, Superchargers and Giants were probably my favorites, but Spyro's Adventure's is so memorable.

---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2 Posted: 01:16:07 26/06/2016
Hard choice between SSA intro and Swap Force intro
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#3 Posted: 01:27:25 26/06/2016
Giants, I loved the part with Kaos on earth.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 02:18:22 26/06/2016
SA is SA, it all felt so new, magical and amazing back then!
But, in general, I think it's a tie between Trap Team and SuperChargers.

That 3DS intro is pretty cool, though, even beats SuperChargers in terms of seriousness (but not surprise).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#5 Posted: 02:35:38 26/06/2016
Superchargers', honestly. It was just very unexpected, and it's usually fun to see a series stray from a usual formula.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#6 Posted: 11:27:58 26/06/2016
Not sure between SA and TT. I think it's TT since it also showed the villains and stuff.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#7 Posted: 12:53:59 27/06/2016
Trap Team's one had horrible graphics... look how weak the Skylanders animate when they won lol and Gulper shows soooo much emotion (not)

Anywaaaay i guess i'll go with SSA and Swap Force.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#8 Posted: 13:40:47 27/06/2016
They all have their good points, but I think my current favourite opening is the one for SuperChargers. It takes a new approach to introducing a Skylanders game, and it seamlessly transitions directly into the first piece of gameplay, integrating you, the Portal Master, along with your Skylander, right into the story from the get-go. Plus, it features one of my favourite pieces of music in the entire franchise to date:
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:41:04 27/06/2016 by GamerZack7
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#9 Posted: 16:05:23 27/06/2016
I'm between swap force and spyro's adventure
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#10 Posted: 16:43:54 27/06/2016
Oh my God Spyro's Adventure takes it by a landslide. It made Skylanders look and feel like an actual movie. Swap Force is easily the second best, though.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#11 Posted: 03:33:38 28/06/2016
I like them all for different reasons ( though the only 3DS one I've played is Superchargers Racing so I can't say much on those )...but I definitely love Swap Force's opening because I love Tessa....and also because of Flynn's volcano hat ( he looks so goofy in it it just cracks me up ) and I like the opening theme to Superchargers.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#12 Posted: 03:42:30 28/06/2016
Giants for sure. It has it so much good:

• Continuity from the previous game
  • Existing Skylanders talking and showing personality
  • New lore (even if it's ignored one game later) ("Portal Masters aren't supposed to use portals on themselves!")
---
Thank you for releasing me!
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#13 Posted: 05:31:29 28/06/2016
Definitely a mix of SA and Giants .

They really need to bring back some recognition of the real life toy concept in the opening scenes . That's what's special about the game so that's what they should highlight from the start.

They better at least explain the concept of how we ended up with the villain figures .
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#14 Posted: 20:08:47 28/06/2016
Can I just say that how Trap Team's opening implied that the Trap Masters had only been missing from Skylands for like, a month at most, always bugged me?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#15 Posted: 20:14:52 28/06/2016
Quote: Bionichute
Can I just say that how Trap Team's opening implied that the Trap Masters had only been missing from Skylands for like, a month at most, always bugged me?

But that's canon? The only Trap Masters that have been missing since SSA were Knight Mare and Knight Light. They were around until a few months before as seen in the The Kaos Trap comic.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:25 28/06/2016 by Bifrost
#16 Posted: 20:46:22 28/06/2016
I know, but it still bugs me. Why weren't the Trap Masters around back in SSA or Giants or Swap Force?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#17 Posted: 20:48:24 28/06/2016
Well they weren't invented yet. Until they do remakes it's better to assume you just didn't see them at the time.
---
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#18 Posted: 20:51:02 28/06/2016
My favorite is Trap Team!!
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#19 Posted: 20:55:17 28/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Well they weren't invented yet. Until they do remakes it's better to assume you just didn't see them at the time.

Canon wise it doesn't make any sense.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#20 Posted: 21:02:19 28/06/2016
18 Skylanders can't fix the Core of Light alone, considering it just took losing parts of the team to the portal network being cut off for them to be throughly wrecked by Kaos' army in Rift to Overdrive.
---
#21 Posted: 21:03:42 28/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
18 Skylanders can't fix the Core of Light alone, considering it just took losing parts of the team to the portal network being cut off for them to be throughly wrecked by Kaos' army in Rift to Overdrive.

Sure, but 48 Skylanders could probably fix the Core pretty easily.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#22 Posted: 21:09:18 28/06/2016
If I remember correctly the Trap Masters captured the Doom Raiders quite a lot of time before the events of the game, I guess sometimes before the events of SA since they were apparently really close to ruling the Skylands back then.

Being their jailors I suppose they stayed at Cloudcracker Prison since their capture, until Kaos destroyed it.
I have to check the Trap Master's backstories to see if they mention Kaos or not, that would help understanding their time period better.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#23 Posted: 21:19:31 28/06/2016

Sure, but 48 Skylanders could probably fix the Core pretty easily.

Core Skylanders are all from SSA time, just unrevealed. Blades butchers the canon on TT Issue 6 by still studying but for all intents and purposes he was already a skylander before. Trap Masters are the ones that stayed in the Prison.

Tuff Luck's mentions Kaos, iirc.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:19:52 28/06/2016 by Bifrost
#24 Posted: 21:21:53 28/06/2016
The jailer thing is definitely supposed to be the excuse for why they weren't in previous games, but that still results in two plot holes:

1. How did none of the Trap Masters notice Kaos sneaking into Cloudcracker? He isn't exactly subtle.

2. Traptanium is only supposed to be broken by Trap Masters, and since all the villains are stuck in Traptanium, they can't get out, making the concept of them being guards completely pointless.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#25 Posted: 21:25:12 28/06/2016
1. They're seen leaving the main entrance by the end of the cutscene. Why, because convenient.
2. The Doom Raiders were inside a giant Traptanium cluster with an energy field,ALSO seen in the same cutscene.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#26 Posted: 22:20:54 28/06/2016
The jailer thing is definitely supposed to be the excuse for why they weren't in previous games, but that still results in two plot holes:

1. How did none of the Trap Masters notice Kaos sneaking into Cloudcracker? He isn't exactly subtle.

2. Traptanium is only supposed to be broken by Trap Masters, and since all the villains are stuck in Traptanium, they can't get out, making the concept of them being guards completely pointless.

Remember how Mags broke Traptanium easily in SCC? xD
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#27 Posted: 22:45:20 28/06/2016
Quote: Kevin16

Remember how Mags broke Traptanium easily in SCC? xD

SCC? Character Crew? DO YOU KNOW ABOUT SKY7 ALREADY? OMG!!! smilie
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me