darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > im not totally on board with this create your own skylanders in imaginators..
Page 1 of 1
im not totally on board with this create your own skylanders in imaginators.. [CLOSED]
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 12:23:42 24/06/2016 | Topic Creator
im not totally on board with this create your own skylanders in imaginators.. you have 31 sensei, 10 villain and 1 crash bandicoot. you are already then up to 42 figurines (i guess there will be even more with legendaries and other variants, so this will raise the total, but these are optional) to play in the game... then on top of that you have 10 crystals(one of each element and if you can only save one on each you will need more) to get, where you can create over 100's of variants of the skylanders to your liking.

so after i got the 31 sensei, 10 villains, 1 crash bandicoot i feel pretty much i will have enough characters to play with in the game.. of course i will get at least one of each elements for the crystals since since its the new gimmick. but i think i will need a heck of a lot of new game content to keep on playing after those 42.

that brings me to another thing,if they go with the day one superchagers prices. imaginators will be the most expensive skylanders game to date (at least for us collectors). so i guess most parents/kids will just go for the crystals where they can make their own character, so they dont have to buy more. if so that will leave the other sensei and villain as shelves warmers. this can make another thrillipede/yawn trap problem since shops stock are full.(i hope that dont happen).

anyway after 42, i just feel i have enough, even if i know i need the 10 crystals with one of each elements to get the most out of the new gimmick. also i am wondering where is the paywall gonna be this time, is it you need more than one of each elements for the crystals. do you need all 42 figurines to unlock the stuff for creating your own skylanders with the crystals??.. many unanswered questions, but its early days yet, hopefully there will be some answers down the line. as of now i am not totally on board with this create your own skylanders since i feel i will have more than enough to play with in the game as it is. but with that said im looking forward to imaginators, it looks fun smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:27:40 24/06/2016 by CountMoneyBone
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5782
#2 Posted: 12:40:43 24/06/2016
I'm pretty sure the 10 villains (wasn't it supposed to be 11 villains?) and 1 Crash are counted as part of the 31 senseis. Leaving the roster at... 31. 41 if you add the 10 Creation Crystal. That aside...

I agree. I know for fact that I'll get more mileage out of at least 30 of the 31 senseis over my 10 crystals. (I have suspicions that sensei #31 is going to be a Kaos element. Not necessarily Kaos himself, but you get my drift.) Plus a lot of Imaginators I have a feeling will be a bit of an ugly mishmash. I don't really WANT to spend hours trying to make a somewhat pleasing looking Imaginator. What I do want to do is working out on maxing out my caste of 152 characters from the previous games, along with the new 31. So... my army of 183 skylanders? Potentially 193 after I cave in and create some Imaginators at the tail end of my grind.
#3 Posted: 12:45:14 24/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote:
a lot of Imaginators I have a feeling will be a bit of an ugly mishmash. I don't really WANT to spend hours trying to make a somewhat pleasing looking Imaginator. What I do want to do is working out on maxing out my caste of 152 characters from the previous games, along with the new 31

yes that exactly what i want to do to...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 12:47:04 24/06/2016
K, but you're not the only player and playstyle around. I used to spend over 2 hours just creating guys on Soulcalibur III(never played the others enough to check the character creator), this is just looking like another delicious time sink for my creativity.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#5 Posted: 13:23:33 24/06/2016
And the nice thing about it is if you don't want to spend that time creating, but still want to try/play as an imaginator, there's sets and randomization that you can use to do it quickly and just go.
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#6 Posted: 13:26:32 24/06/2016
The skylanders core concept has always been about giving players the choice to play with any number of their characters. You can play with any number from 1 to hundreds .

If you don't want to make your own Skylanders you literally don't have too. Just like how you didn't actually have to swap parts between SF Or play as villains in TT. No one is telling you how to play. Skylanders is about giving you options to play how ever you want.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#7 Posted: 13:37:37 24/06/2016
Unlike with Superchargers, it doesn't look like you'll need to embrace the gimmick if you don't want to. Everything story-related we've seen so far can be done with either a Sensei or Imaginator. To me, it looks like any other character creator in any other game with one: A neat feature, but completely optional. And even if you do need an Imaginator for something, you get a Creation Crystal with the game no matter what, so that kind of works out.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#8 Posted: 14:34:01 24/06/2016
One gripe I do have is that it sounds like you can't truly make your own Skylander, in that you can only construct one from bits and pieces of other Skylanders. ...I could have heard wrong, but that's what I'm understanding.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#9 Posted: 14:35:24 24/06/2016
It's not just other Skylanders, it's pieces of all sorts, even characters that'll never exist otherwise. However, there are sets based on Skylanders, in their own words, if you want to make OCs of the same species or related to them.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#10 Posted: 14:36:52 24/06/2016
I probably won't play with the Imaginators that much. The Senseis look a lot better IMO.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#11 Posted: 15:47:13 24/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
if you want to make OCs of the same species or related to them.

Here comes Gill Grunt's redneck cousin: Bill Grunt. :D
#12 Posted: 17:10:22 24/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: HuskerfanChuck
And the nice thing about it is if you don't want to spend that time creating, but still want to try/play as an imaginator, there's sets and randomization that you can use to do it quickly and just go.

the whole point of creating is gone if you just use the randomization. i know i will create at least one for my liking and see whats its all about, after that i might just stick to sensei and villain.

Quote: B-BOB358
The skylanders core concept has always been about giving players the choice to play with any number of their characters. You can play with any number from 1 to hundreds .

If you don't want to make your own Skylanders you literally don't have too. Just like how you didn't actually have to swap parts between SF Or play as villains in TT. No one is telling you how to play. Skylanders is about giving you options to play how ever you want.

choice is good but in this case its just to much choice i think. 40+ figurines to buy and 100+ creations in crystals... how much game content is there to fill this.. or are you gonna spend time and replay the game over and over until the next arrive.

Quote: AdamGregory03
Unlike with Superchargers, it doesn't look like you'll need to embrace the gimmick if you don't want to. Everything story-related we've seen so far can be done with either a Sensei or Imaginator. To me, it looks like any other character creator in any other game with one: A neat feature, but completely optional. And even if you do need an Imaginator for something, you get a Creation Crystal with the game no matter what, so that kind of works out.

there is always something that carry over to the next game. also i get a bit worried when you say you dont need to get this or that in this game. i understand its a good thing for some, but when shop is full stock and things dont move out of shelves you are looking at another thrillipede/yawn trap episode. that i hope we can avoid, because i try to get all newlanders and some variants if i fancy them later, and in this case 10 crystals(hopefully not more is needed) since its the new gimmick.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:47 24/06/2016 by Nroc-Nuika
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#13 Posted: 17:43:31 24/06/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone

there is always something that carry over to the next game. also i get a bit worried when you say you dont need to get this or that in this game. i understand its a good thing for some, but when shop is full stock and things dont move out of shelves you are looking at another thrillipede/yawn trap episode. that i hope we can avoid, because i try to get all newlanders and some variants if i fancy them later, and in this case 10 crystals(hopefully not more is needed) since its the new gimmick.

I guess I can understand where your'e coming from there. Though I'm sure the idea of creating your own Skylander will appeal to kids enough to the point where they're not shelf warmers. At least, that's what I think.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#14 Posted: 19:19:22 24/06/2016 | Topic Creator

I guess I can understand where your'e coming from there. Though I'm sure the idea of creating your own Skylander will appeal to kids enough to the point where they're not shelf warmers. At least, that's what I think.

the thing is that the crystal will be cheaper than a figurine and you can create a lot of different characters. in fact so many characters that parents might not see the point in buying anything new than what they first buy... then you will have a problem, specially for us that like to buy'em all. if the shops stop taking in new stuff because they dont sell enough...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:21:34 24/06/2016 by CountMoneyBone
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#15 Posted: 22:28:49 24/06/2016
You do know the villains are part of the 31 right?
---
Hahahahaha
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#16 Posted: 22:53:54 24/06/2016
You don't seem like you can be convinced otherwise . But you need to get over your issue with too many choices.

And if your not interested by being able to get creative and are one of the very few people that doesn't want to make their own characters . Then don't? theres nothing to discuss.

But also seeing as you didn't know that we only had 30 new characters in this next game. It wouldn't surprise me if you don't really know much about this game anyway, so I really don't think you know enough to make a big deal out of your own opinion on it.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#17 Posted: 23:35:28 24/06/2016
@countmoneybone Seriously all you do is complain, give the game a chance or at the very least wait until there's info for every aspect. Be positive, no one likes a downer!
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#18 Posted: 00:08:52 25/06/2016
I understand what you are saying, Count, but from what I've seen this game might have a rather consistent replay value, even without caring about unlocking more parts.
That's still just an assumption based on the Chapter Complete screen as we definitely don't know which other possibilities there are going to be.

That being said, you have to understand this game is really focusing lots of its aspects on the gimmick to the point it's speculated older characters might at as a way to unlock specific parts faster.
I do hope they will bring back some truly fan-favorite options (Arenas, Quests and Heroics of some kind, Path Switching) to boost it up even more for those not interested in the creation part.

What can I say, I'm optimist since this game seems not to have forced gameplay interruptions which break the flow of the level and make replaying it feel like a chore. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#19 Posted: 09:09:43 25/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: jesse217
@countmoneybone Seriously all you do is complain, give the game a chance or at the very least wait until there's info for every aspect. Be positive, no one likes a downer!

did you bother to read my post at all?... my last sentence was 'im looking forward to imaginators, it looks fun'... so yes i am positive.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#20 Posted: 15:36:44 25/06/2016
Quote: jesse217

did you bother to read my post at all?... my last sentence was 'im looking forward to imaginators, it looks fun'... so yes i am positive.

As a person, or about the game/franchise?
The answer is no in both cases.
You can't even compliment game without spending 3 times that much time complaining
Worse, your idea of "positive" is many people's idea of "negative", and when you're ACTUALLY in a bad mood, you suck all the joy out of that iteration of the game's forum/
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me