Page 1 of 1
Sky chi powers , not so new .
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#1 Posted: 11:04:42 24/06/2016 | Topic Creator
In anticipation for the new game I'm finally getting around to playing some of the 3ds game versions.

Just thought it was interesting that in the trap team version, All the trap master have a "sky chi" like ability . They all collect trap crystal shards after defeating enemies , then you can press a trigger button to release a devestating cinematic trap master attack once the bar is full.

You don't really have control over the attack like the senseis do , they more or less just give a lightcore explosion effect that kills everything on screen , but the little movies that show each trap master releasing a big unique attack are pretty nice smilie

It just seems like more evidence that imaginators has been the long term goal of the series for a while now, and all the old games were like practise for this great looking one smilie
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 12:42:29 24/06/2016
Well, cinemaric specials in games have been a thing since, what, Weaponlord? But yeah, Trap Attacks are a precursor, though they charge waaay faster - you could easily unleash 4 or so if you use a single Trap Master in the longer levels, but the Sky Chi allows you 2 if you're killing everything in sight just barely.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#3 Posted: 13:58:42 24/06/2016
I still think these attacks should be brought back in Imaginators. Inserting a Trap to charge up the attack (like how you collect Traptanium crystals to charge it up in STT 3DS), then it can be activated with the Special Attack button (R2/RT/ZR) while playing as a Trap Master.

Limitations: Each Trap only allows one charge per level. Each Trap Master can only unleash the attack once per level. So, whichever you have least of determines how many potential attacks you can perform... if you can be bothered switching out Trap Masters every time. (Obviously resets when a level is complete, exited or restarted, like Magic Items used to.)
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me