Page 1 of 1
What if the tables were turned?
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#1 Posted: 20:55:30 21/06/2016 | Topic Creator
So, Crash has now become a Skylander. I'm sure we're all pretty excited, but I was thinking about it, and a thought struck me:

What if it was Spyro in Crash's place?

Imagine this: Crash has been a Skylander since 2011. And now, Spyro has been announced to make a sort of cameo - along with 3 remasters of his original games for the PS4.

How would everyone feel about this? Would there be any differences to the Skylanders universe?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2 Posted: 21:01:09 21/06/2016
Would... Probably not be much different, in all honesty.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 21:28:03 21/06/2016
Even better!

I wasn't a great fan of Crash when I was younger, the games were too difficult for me.
Vastly preferred Spyro and his slower gameplay encouraging exploration.

However, I recently played Crash 2 and Warped (couldn't get the first on the PlayStation Store) and I have to say they were fantastic: much more difficult and challenging but extremely fun and incredibly satisfying.

Love both series now; Crash is more arcade and old-school while Spyro already looked towards the future back when it first released and is more calm and "relaxing".
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#4 Posted: 21:32:07 21/06/2016
I would've been more hyped for Crash's Adventure in that case since he was my childhood and I think Skylanders wouldn't be the same. Crash looks pretty out of place if you put him in a casual collection, so I think all Skylanders would look more like they're from a Crash game. After all, I think all SSA Skylanders could fit into the Spyro universe.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#5 Posted: 21:45:37 21/06/2016
But wait! If it was Crash's Adventure, then who would have been Cynder? Coco?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#6 Posted: 21:53:09 21/06/2016
If Crash had been the original mascot instead of Spyro, I probably wouldn't have gotten into Skylanders at all. Not even with Spyro being a guest star this year.

One of the things that drew me into the series was all the dragon (and other quadruped and/or winged) characters, as well as the magical feel of many of the others, which we may or may not have gotten as much of if Spyro wasn't the inspiration for the series.

With Crash as the inspiration, it could have turned out much less magical and much more wacky, which wouldn't have caught my attention.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#7 Posted: 21:56:30 21/06/2016
Well, it means that we probably would be having the reverse conversation on a Crash related forum instead of DS.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 22:02:04 21/06/2016
Actually, upon thinking about it, if Crash was the "main character" of Skylanders, then the games would probably be drastically different.

For one, we'd probably have Cortex as the main villain instead of a new character not seen before in any previous games of his.

And it would probably also change the context and designs. Most of the Skylanders are designed to fit the game's more fantasy setting. Maybe if Crash was chosen as the icon, then the games would be more cartoony and the world would be more tropical-themed, and certain characters would probably have their designs match that... And characters like Double Trouble, Slam Bam, and Eruptor already have a kind of tropical theme to them anyway (Double Trouble having his tiki mask, Slam Bam being a surfer, and Eruptor being sentient lava). And aside from that, maybe other Crash villains could serve as like the Doom Raiders? Like instead of Chef Pepper Jack we'd see Dingodile?

Actually, it sounds really cool. I might actually make that a full-blown AU now.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#9 Posted: 22:19:12 21/06/2016
it'd have made no difference to me. But I will assume Crash had the bigger fanbase since he was for a while the Mascot to challenge Mario and Sonic and the face of Sony for a short time. Spyro was not this.

While Dragons are cool, I got into skylanders mainly for the humanoids and care very little about the other creatures besides maybe the dragon. It wasn't until Chill showed up that I bought Skylanders.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#10 Posted: 22:23:06 21/06/2016

-------
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#11 Posted: 22:53:02 21/06/2016
For me, it wouldn't have changed much as Spyro did not affect my decision to get into Skylanders. But I must say, Spyro fits the cast of SSA better than Crash, and Crash fits the cast of Imaginators better than Spyro.
---
bye
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#12 Posted: 08:40:16 29/06/2016
Crash would get the lame design and about 3 attacks only and Spyro will get the cool move sets and a cool charcter design and a ski chi power
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#13 Posted: 09:03:55 29/06/2016
The magic factor of Spyro is too heavy in comparison to the zany feel of Crash. I think a series linked to Crash would have flopped for fans, but I'm thrilled to see a Crash figure!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 09:09:39 29/06/2016 by 4inCreation
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#14 Posted: 10:46:55 29/06/2016
I still would've got the first game as soon I realised it existed .

But the game would be different .

With crash not talking, we'd probably still have half the characters just making beast sounds like in SA, but I don't think that would've bothered me.

The game would also be wackier , although it seems to keep moving in that direction anyway.

Actually it makes me wonder with crash this year, if they reposed spyro now, would he resemble his original graphic design more like crash does, or would they still redesign him. I don't like the old spyro design much, but I would be kinda cool for them to repose a kooky retro spyro that looks like his old graphics.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#15 Posted: 14:36:06 29/06/2016
I came to Skylanders purely for Spyro to be honest, if it was Skylanders Crash's adventure i wouldnt be interested that much (even tho i kinda liked Crash) my Spyro interests slowly faded away sinse Skylanders became its own series.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:37:24 29/06/2016 by Kevin16
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#16 Posted: 20:55:12 01/07/2016
I would never had gotten SSA (SCA?) in the first place, since the only reason I got it was because it seemed to be based on the Spyro series. While I'm a huge Spyro fan, I'm not really a Crash fan, so I would have ignored it or *shudders* been one of the "this kids' game ruined Crash forever" haters. I'd probably ignore it though, and maybe be a bit jealous that Crash got something while Spyro sat in obscurity.

I'd like to say I'd try Imaginators out with him being the guest star. But I'm not sure I would. I would have had several years listening to haters talk about how badly Crash was ruined by the series behind me, and honestly if I hadn't made the plunge in SSA I'd find the characters unnecessarily kiddy and generic.

I might watch some gameplay of SCA and determine that "oh, it plays like Pokemon Rumble. I don't like the gameplay of Pokemon Rumble, so I probably won't like this game" and would have just waited for the remakes in avid anticipation.

About Skylanders itself, I assume it would be fairly different if it was based on Crash rather than Spyro. The first game, the blueprint of the series, was based on the tone of the classic Spyro games, and had many references. There'd certainly be no bouncy sheep, Persephone may not be a fairy, and Auric would certainly not look the same. The art style and theme may be more jungle and island based rather than fantasy-like islands in the sky. The base gameplay and toy mechanics would certainly be the same, though, and likely there would be characters in very similar roles to how they are now.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#17 Posted: 21:15:38 01/07/2016
To be fair, Crash was already ruined forever in his own series.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#18 Posted: 23:33:36 13/08/2016
imagine if that was an alternate universe, i wonder how each character would be designed?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me