Page 1 of 1
May be getting a Monkey Sensei?
PopFizzFan5 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#1 Posted: 18:39:52 19/06/2016 | Topic Creator
It seems like every year they have a Skylander for the Chinese zodiac for that year. For SSA, it was Rabbit. The only Skylander thaf looks somewhat a bunny is smilie. In Giants, it was dragon, and we got smilie. In Swap Force, it was snake, and. we got smilie. Trap team was Horse, and we got smilie Superchargers was sheep/Ram, and we got smilie. So for Imaginators, will we get a Monkey Sensei for the year of the Monkey?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:42:12 19/06/2016 by PopFizzFan5
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2 Posted: 18:45:00 19/06/2016
Huh, that's pretty interesting. Maybe a Sun Wukong type guy with a bo staff.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#3 Posted: 18:45:39 19/06/2016
I don't think Trigger Happy was supposed to fill the Rabbit thing, but the rest makes sense... a Monkey Sensei would be perfect lol.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#4 Posted: 18:46:59 19/06/2016
Well, we did get that Easter Bunny Triggs that one time.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#5 Posted: 18:54:16 19/06/2016
I wouldn't mind another monkey. Wouldn't be surprised if it happened either, since they made a big deal out of Year of the Dragon, and as you said, they've followed up every year since.

I don't think they thought about it for SSA, but the rest seem likely. If it holds true, we can expect a rooster for the next game, which could be interesting.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#6 Posted: 18:56:50 19/06/2016 | Topic Creator
the trigger happy thing was kinda a stretch, but the others are spot on
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#7 Posted: 18:58:54 19/06/2016
Quote: PopFizzFan5
the trigger happy thing was kinda a stretch, but the others are spot on

Nah you're definitely right about smilie , there's no other skylander in SSA that even remotely represents a rabbit.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:59:13 19/06/2016 by PwnageFTW
#8 Posted: 20:03:41 19/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I found that out from this video. (This was made around the time Skylanders SuperChargers was announced)
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=KCskrqBHW0E
And then added it to what I think may be a new sensei
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#9 Posted: 20:22:03 19/06/2016
I wouldn't be against a monkey sensei. I like monkeys. Monkeys are cool.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#10 Posted: 20:23:50 19/06/2016
a monkey with banana guns
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#11 Posted: 21:24:19 19/06/2016
If anything, Flashwing isnt the dragon of the zodiac but instead Hotdog is the zodiac dog Skylander for Giants and then Fire Kracken (being a perfect fit for the chinese dragon) is the zodiac dragon, next to Rattle Shake for zodiac snake
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#12 Posted: 21:24:32 19/06/2016
[User Posted Image]
Sun Wukong.
Japanese = Fit to be in Sensei Team
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#13 Posted: 21:30:14 19/06/2016
Isn't Journey to the West chinese?

Either way, Sun Wukong's concept is awesome. He's the hotblooded funny anime protagonist in myths centuries before it was a thing. We haven't had a character with a crazy careless personality(that's new,not the villains) in a while,too.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:48 19/06/2016 by Bifrost
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#14 Posted: 21:41:20 19/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Isn't Journey to the West chinese?

Either way, Sun Wukong's concept is awesome. He's the hotblooded funny anime protagonist in myths centuries before it was a thing. We haven't had a character with a crazy careless personality(that's new,not the villains) in a while,too.

He's present in many asiatic mythology. It's called Son Gokū (孫悟空) in Japanese.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:41:33 19/06/2016 by Buuzer
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#15 Posted: 22:15:09 19/06/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
If anything, Flashwing isnt the dragon of the zodiac but instead Hotdog is the zodiac dog Skylander for Giants and then Fire Kracken (being a perfect fit for the chinese dragon) is the zodiac dragon, next to Rattle Shake for zodiac snake

I agree with you, they fit those signs better.
However, 2012 was the year of the dragon and 2013 was the year of the snake so those are actually the best guesses.

Sun Wukong simply has "Sensei" written all over his shiny armor.
And we do have a monkey head which looks nothing like Grilla Drilla or Fling Kong as a part for our Imaginators... smilie

Life (or Air) Sentinel, maybe?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:59 19/06/2016 by Drek95
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#16 Posted: 22:33:44 19/06/2016
While I think the whole zodiac theme is rubbish, as it turned out to be for Pokemon's fire-type starters, I do agree that a Wukong-esque character would make a great sensei...

On the other hand, what class would he be? Staves are claimed by the Sorcerer class, which doesn't suit him at all.

Then again, there's some room for creative license. It's not just going to be a carbon copy.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#17 Posted: 22:35:48 19/06/2016
This is an interesting piece of speculation. The weird thing is I already came up with a similar concept for an Imaginator Sentinel named Monk Kiki, though she was of the Light element, to represent her "enlightened mind, body and heart"; nonetheless, I drew a little inspiration from Sun Wukong in her design, even if they are completely different in many ways.

It is interesting that there's a pattern of Skylanders based on animals in the Chinese Zodiac, though. It reminds me of the theory that each Fire-type Pokémon is a representation of the same system...
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
#18 Posted: 23:25:00 19/06/2016
Quote: Shin Majin
While I think the whole zodiac theme is rubbish, as it turned out to be for Pokemon's fire-type starters, I do agree that a Wukong-esque character would make a great sensei...

On the other hand, what class would he be? Staves are claimed by the Sorcerer class, which doesn't suit him at all.

Then again, there's some room for creative license. It's not just going to be a carbon copy.

Sentinel could work.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#19 Posted: 00:57:37 20/06/2016
Quote: GamerZack7
This is an interesting piece of speculation. The weird thing is I already came up with a similar concept for an Imaginator Sentinel named MONK KIKIthough she was of the Light element, to represent her "enlightened mind, body and heart"; nonetheless, I drew a little inspiration from Sun Wukong in her design, even if they are completely different in many ways.

It is interesting that there's a pattern of Skylanders based on animals in the Chinese Zodiac, though. It reminds me of the theory that each Fire-type Pokémon is a representation of the same system...

Monk Kiki that sounds like an old lady name.
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#20 Posted: 01:43:00 20/06/2016
I could see him being a life sentinel. Maybe they could give him a bamboo shoot bow staff
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#21 Posted: 02:41:21 20/06/2016
Quote: Dark35
Quote: GamerZack7
This is an interesting piece of speculation. The weird thing is I already came up with a similar concept for an Imaginator Sentinel named MONK KIKIthough she was of the Light element, to represent her "enlightened mind, body and heart"; nonetheless, I drew a little inspiration from Sun Wukong in her design, even if they are completely different in many ways.

Monk Kiki that sounds like an old lady name.

It's a combination of monkey, monk and the Japanese onomatopoeia for a monkey's cry ("kiki"). But I do see your point. smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#22 Posted: 02:49:00 20/06/2016
Isn't Fling Kong already based on the Monkey King?
---
#all Spyros are valid
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#23 Posted: 10:45:25 20/06/2016
Quote: Okaps
Isn't Fling Kong already based on the Monkey King?

Just slightly, I don't think he ever makes any direct reference.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#24 Posted: 21:17:31 20/06/2016
I would be down for another Monkey character. Now that the Skylanders Universe is connected to the Nintendo Universe, I imagine Fling Kong as a distant relative of DK's.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#25 Posted: 22:14:00 20/06/2016
If this theory is true, which it may or may not be, but calling Trigger Happy a rabbit is a bit of a stretch, then it's a shame they probably won't make it to the rat. I'd really like to see a rat Skylander.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#26 Posted: 00:49:04 21/06/2016
Oh god, I hope so!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me