darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders 6: The most creative game yet?
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders 6: The most creative game yet?
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 11:08:00 19/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Note I don't mean the rest of the games are uncreative, I loved all the games (although didn't play the first one all the way because I picked it up after playing like giants through superchargers or so) and all the gimmicks are good. But from a Gameplay stand this is going to be most creative simply because it's the first time you can create a skylander, this means you cannot complain if a certain type of skylander is not made in the main line up. Want a female chompie anthromorphic ninja? You can do that.
Swap Force is the second most creative because it also gave you a way to customize it a bit (but lets be honest, most people just used shift bottom in pvp if they had someone who would play pvp with them)
I feel like Senseis (including the villain ones) will be overshadowed by Imaginators though.

I can't wait till S6 so I can see how many crazy combinations miiverse and darkspyro can come up with.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#2 Posted: 11:58:57 19/06/2016
Imaginators looks like it will be one of the best games. But I don't think it's just about creativity. And Creativity by it self won't make it good.

Imaginators looks like it's been made by combining a lot of the older game qualities. It's about the combination of all the things into a single game that will hopefully make it great.

E.g.
- Giants and SA set the ground work for the series

- Swap force tested out some limited character customisation

- TT created the trap/crystal item character storage and villain play

- superchargers implemented the random rewards system used for collecting imaginators parts and probably some other stuff ( hopefully portal master powers or something ) .

It really seems like this game was the long term goal of the series. But all the characters creation possibilities we have wont mean much if they don't back it up with the core concepts the game needs.

E.g. long decent story mode with extra missions/ charscter challenges or quests and a diverse battle arena mode to test your creations.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#3 Posted: 14:13:20 19/06/2016
I think this game might be one of the only ones, along with SG, STT, and SSA, will truly feel like Skylanders. Am I the only one who feels this way? I don't feel like Superchargers and Swap Force felt like the first two games...
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#4 Posted: 14:15:58 19/06/2016
SF feels the most 'Skylander-y' to me, while SC feels the most detached.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#5 Posted: 14:44:35 19/06/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: yelvy
SF feels the most 'Skylander-y' to me, while SC feels the most detached.

Really? Most people feel the opposite way about SF. :0 It's one of my favorite games of all time, but even I don't think it feels like a Skylanders game... To me it's more like it was ripped out of another series or originally going to be a different game or something.

Maybe it's a personal thing, but SF just has the best memories for me. It was during the run-up to the game that I joined this site, and it's the first game I'd ever pre-ordered. I used to play PvP with my friend a lot, too. There's more to it than that, but I don't feel like writing an essay right now haha smilie

Saying that, I'd love to play through SA again. I think I've forgotten how much I loved it back in 2011.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#6 Posted: 15:04:52 19/06/2016
SF is still one of my favorite games too, It's always the one I have the most fun playing whenever I go back to play through the games.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#7 Posted: 17:02:35 19/06/2016
I concur. I have not felt such excitement for a skylanders game since Giants.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#8 Posted: 17:45:04 19/06/2016
Super excited and super scared too. This game has all the right directions to be the best, even with the odd choice here and there. But this rushed development time(from Yroc's last video, they straight up said the new portal isn't finalized and they might use an old one instead?!) makes me fear for this having the same issue as SC - great story mode, absolute bore once you're done with it. More than ever, TT and SC showed how valuable postgame is to this series.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:45:51 19/06/2016 by Bifrost
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#9 Posted: 20:30:40 19/06/2016
SSA is of course my favorite game, followed by TT; however, from the looks of everything so far, I believe SI could become my new second favorite. (Nothing can beat SSA for me...)
The gimmick definitely makes it the most creative in my opinion.
"What if we let the players create their own Skylanders?"

I am looking forward to creating a bunch of designs similar to the style of the original 32 Skylanders.
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me