darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Is anyone going to play with Senseis when we have Imaginators?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Is anyone going to play with Senseis when we have Imaginators?
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1 Posted: 04:33:56 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Now that we've had a chance to digest some of the Imaginators news and footage I wonder who will honestly play the new Senseis lol. I can honestly say at this point that I will ONLY buy the Senseis to unlock the Battle Classes. The Customization system is so robust (I have a feeling that there's a lot we haven't seen) and I have so many ideas about what Skylanders I want to create that once I do I don't think I'll play anything else. I really have to wonder what they were thinking with so many options lol. Does anyone else feel this way? I honestly don't care about any of the Senseis compared to what I can create and play myself.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:41:46 17/06/2016 by Tigorus
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#2 Posted: 05:01:38 17/06/2016
I was under the assumption that you need Sensei to teach new abilities and such to your Imaginators. In any case, I would definitely make use of the ones I'd have, especially if Toys for Bob was thoughtful enough to include special Sensei-only zones...
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#3 Posted: 05:12:47 17/06/2016
CoughCoughWolgangCoughCough.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#4 Posted: 05:48:36 17/06/2016
I think the general idea is that you don't have many imaginators customisation options until you've played through the game a bit . Looks and especially attack wise.

You need to find soul gems attacks in the game as well as elemental attacks and they probably have some more hidden attacks in the game too.

And remember these upgrades will probably be really rare to come acroSs.

So unless you just want to play an imaginators with basic attacks all through story mode you'll probably want to use the senseis.

Just think of the possible 300 hats alone you'll probably have to find before the good stuff appears.

My aim is to play through the game basically with just senseis first, and then start making characters properly with more/better options.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#5 Posted: 05:55:54 17/06/2016
Why would I need Imaginators when they've revealed the objectively best Sensei (criteria being 'best looking in leather pants' and 'best taste in music', of course), as well as his Dark edition?

Joking aside, I'll be playing a mix of both.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:33:10 17/06/2016 by Wolfgang
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#6 Posted: 06:27:08 17/06/2016
I'm not going to get too attached to the Imaginators, as they might suffer the same fait as traps next game. Plus with Bowser, DK, Crash, Spyro, and pain-yatta I will be vary happy.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#7 Posted: 06:35:21 17/06/2016
I plan to use both. Crash Bandicoot, Golden Queen, and Ember have all totally won me over. King Pen and Wolfgang also have me excited.

I'm hyped to play as the Imaginators, but that will never replace playing as actual characters with unique attributes and move sets designed specifically for them by professional game designers.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:37:37 17/06/2016 by Muffin Man
#8 Posted: 07:29:47 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: darkrai848
I'm not going to get too attached to the Imaginators, as they might suffer the same fait as traps next game. Plus with Bowser, DK, Crash, Spyro, and pain-yatta I will be vary happy.

This is really my only real concern. Other than that I'm getting one Sensei of each Battle Class for the unlock. I'm more than happy playing with my old school Skylanders. Nothing I've seen from the Senseis has "Wow'd" me. Plus the challenge of playing a seemingly under-powered Skylander has a certain appeal to me. I think this will be the most important gimmick deserving of a carry over into future installments. They are actually Skylanders so they should be forward compatible.
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5756
#9 Posted: 08:06:51 17/06/2016
I plan on mainly using the Senseis. I will use an Imaginator here or there, but I think I'll be barely using them at all...
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#10 Posted: 08:27:23 17/06/2016
Unless more Senseis are revealed that I like the look of, I only want this game for Crash Bandicoot, Wolfgang and maybe Ember. I haven't even decided whether I'm buying a crystal of every element or not yet.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#11 Posted: 10:38:16 17/06/2016
I'll be playing with the Sensei's and the Villains, but also my Imaginators. Who wouldn't? I like the designs and attacks for all the characters so far.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#12 Posted: 11:25:55 17/06/2016
I'll play with my senseis, but when I make Shrek it will be all ogre
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#13 Posted: 12:28:34 17/06/2016
Sure I am!

Imaginators are a great concept and will most likely provide me hours of fun (and that won't change even if Skylanders 7 won't fully support them) but they cannot be compared with "true" Skylanders designed and thought by a team of expert creators, with their own unique powers and personalities.

Skylanders, "official" ones, are what I love the most in this series.
I do hope to see more varied designs, the ones revealed so far are all pretty diverse humanoids but they are still humanoids.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#14 Posted: 12:36:17 17/06/2016
Imaginator movesets can only do so much. If the Senseis and villains are cool and play awesome, I'll go for them too.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#15 Posted: 12:36:50 17/06/2016
I'm not going to get any Imaginators. Only Sensei for me.
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#16 Posted: 12:41:04 17/06/2016
I get the feeling that I'll be predominately playing with Senseis over Imaginators. Imaginators are great, but I'm so used to the freedom of a pen and paper that I'll probably not put much stock into my in-game creations and just stick to light-hearted experimenting. The potential lack of saving creations is certainly a factor in that! It probably doesn't help that one of my favourite things to explore when designing characters is different styles of locomotion (I adored analysing how bone and muscle structure determined movement in Zoology). That's pretty much the one thing we can't change with Imaginators, being restricted to bipedal walkers/floaters.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#17 Posted: 13:00:49 17/06/2016
My golden wife is in this game. MY GOLDEN WIFE IS IN THIS GAME AND YOU HAVE THE GULL TO ASK IF I'LL BE USING SENSEIS?

But in all seriousness, I certainly will. I mean, the Imaginators are definitely cool and I look forward to creating either my own Skylanders or other characters AS Skylanders, I still always enjoy seeing what kinds of characters these games can come up with and playing as my favorites.

At the end of the day, I think there will be some limitations to creating Imaginators, and I doubt they'll overshadow the Senseis. Especially since the Senseis seem to be an important part to them, with them increasing their level cap, unlocking new moves and gear, stuff like that.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#18 Posted: 13:53:48 17/06/2016
Golden Queen, duh!
Seriously now, the Imaginators are great and I can't wait to create my own characters... but that's about it. They can't be upgraded so they'll get boring very quickly. I'm not really too excited about playing as them but creating them, the Senseis are new Skylanders with Upgrades and overall an unique design, so I'll probably spend more thim playing as them while I enjoy creating new characters.
#19 Posted: 15:38:05 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Deja Vu
Golden Queen, duh!
Seriously now, the Imaginators are great and I can't wait to create my own characters... but that's about it. They can't be upgraded so they'll get boring very quickly. I'm not really too excited about playing as them but creating them, the Senseis are new Skylanders with Upgrades and overall an unique design, so I'll probably spend more thim playing as them while I enjoy creating new characters.

Huh? The Imaginators can actually upgrade their stats if you give them better gear so I'm not sure I understand. I wonder if they're tweaking the numbers again like they've done in previous games. I'll have to put what I know to be a powerful Skylander to get a stat reference and see if I can make an Imaginator with equal or better stats.

Most of these answers surprise me. I'm starting to develop an apathy for new Skylanders but was immediately interested in the ability to create and play as my own Skylander. For me, this changes the game. I think I'm a little disinterested because Trap Team really left a sour taste in my mouth when it required me to purchase Trap Masters I wasn't interested in if I wanted to access all areas of the game (I personally called them Key Masters). I loved most of the standard sized Skylanders from Trap Team but with the exception of Gearshift and Wallop the others were meh (in my opinion). I suppose it's still too early to pass judgment on the Senseis since we've only seen a few but at this point it's all Imaginators all the time for me.
#20 Posted: 15:58:02 17/06/2016
There's a difference between stats and gameplay. Sure, Life Imaginator can be as strong as Ambush, but he wouldn't create as impressive as his upgraded circle of bamboo, or the awesome looking bamboo dash.
Some people wouldn't bat an eye because they mash their way into victory, but I really care about differing playstyles. It's a joy and a curse to be losing in Nightmare mode and have to readjust my entire streategy from a ranged to a speedster, etc, all in the 5 seconds you have to portal back. Kinda like doing things with your left(or right if you're left handed) hand for a day and noticing how good it feels to master it as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:58:28 17/06/2016 by Bifrost
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#21 Posted: 16:26:27 17/06/2016
Hmm. None of the senseis really wow me so far. I mean, GQ and Ambush are pretty cool, but I really don't care much for the aesthetics of the others. I was Team Nintendo back when Crash was in his heyday, so I don't have much nostalgia for him...

And honestly, I've always been a sucker for anything with character creation/customization. I'm heartbroken that we'll need to make more of the upright characters who've dominated the roster lately, but even what they offer is more than enough to hook me.

I'm much more hyped about the imaginators than the senseis, but that being said, we've only seen about a third of the senseis, so I could still change my tune.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
#22 Posted: 16:38:23 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
There's a difference between stats and gameplay. Sure, Life Imaginator can be as strong as Ambush, but he wouldn't create as impressive as his upgraded circle of bamboo, or the awesome looking bamboo dash.
Some people wouldn't bat an eye because they mash their way into victory, but I really care about differing playstyles. It's a joy and a curse to be losing in Nightmare mode and have to readjust my entire streategy from a ranged to a speedster, etc, all in the 5 seconds you have to portal back. Kinda like doing things with your left(or right if you're left handed) hand for a day and noticing how good it feels to master it as well.

I think it's too early to tell/judge as to how unique the Imaginator move sets will be. We've only seen a few and we have already seen a move that no other Skylander has been able to do in the Sheep Morph move. That being said Imaginators can change move sets on the fly to cater to a situation...That's nuts. I personally like the challenge of not caring about stats and going for what looks cool (my current system for hats) assuming my skill will get the job done. I also like the aspect of being able to get better versions of the same weapon. That adds a since of progression that we've never had before. Hell you could make up all kinds of story/fluff background for your Imaginator in that they could start out wearing cloth our leather gear and upgrade/replace certain pieces to increase your stats as they become available...again options we've never had. This will be the most RPG and personal investment we've ever had in a Skylanders game (That is, if you're interested in such things). I'll be playing this as a pure RPG experience.

All that being said I'm not dead set against the Senseis I'm just not that interested. Wolfgang gets a pass on that though since he does look unique...and awesome. You know what would have been amazing? If we could have had an option to have Imaginators follow a Sensei in game like the old minis used to as a cosmetic "pet". It would be like they were watching and learning from the Senseis in real time.
Braveheart2015 Blue Sparx Gems: 760
#23 Posted: 18:31:06 17/06/2016
I will probably mainly be using the Skylanders more than I would the Imaginators. Especially Crash!
---
I'm so legendary, no one has even heard of me!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#24 Posted: 18:32:58 17/06/2016
*cough* GREEN GOO DAD WITH SPODER LEGGOS *cough*
#25 Posted: 18:37:39 17/06/2016
Whaaaat?
---
#26 Posted: 18:46:38 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Braveheart2015
Whaaaat?

I'm assuming he meant Krankcase.

lol some of the Villains I want to see aren't making it as Senseis (safe assumption). Trolling Thunder, Maskermind, Threatpack and Tae Kwon Crow were my favs...If Tae Twon Crow makes it as a Villain I'll totally play him lol.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#27 Posted: 18:47:27 17/06/2016
Quote: Braveheart2015
Whaaaat?

krankcase
#28 Posted: 18:53:31 17/06/2016
Ohhhhh! Okay.
Crash*cough*rules*cough*
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#29 Posted: 19:23:25 17/06/2016
Also, let's not forget about Pain-Yatta.
No Imaginators gonna top him.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#30 Posted: 20:11:38 17/06/2016
Quote: SoulfulWolf
I plan on mainly using the Senseis. I will use an Imaginator here or there, but I think I'll be barely using them at all...

Ill prob do the same, while the crwating a skylander thing is cool its not my cup of tea. I like playing figures with backstories and goals etc, not so much into making stuff. Like Disney Infinity or Minecraft I would be all for playing someone else's level but building my own I'd get bored pretty quick.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#31 Posted: 21:33:27 17/06/2016
I'll probably use Crash all the time, as well as all the villains. I'll still use regular Senseis, but probably not as much as I usually do.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#32 Posted: 21:37:08 17/06/2016
I'm most likely going to use the Senseis until I can get all the parts I want for my Imaginators. I may make simple version of them along the way depending on how many crystals I can get my hands on early on.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#33 Posted: 08:49:53 19/06/2016
I'll get them all and will probably play them all enough to max their levels and get all their upgrades but I will not be playing anymore official skylanders past that. Main Story playing will go with Imaginators all the time and in all future skylander games
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#34 Posted: 11:26:33 19/06/2016
I'll probably use mainly Sensie's the first time through, and then work with the Imaginators when replaying the game.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
PopFizzFan5 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#35 Posted: 13:04:30 19/06/2016
If they announce Dreamcatcher. I will play with her
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#36 Posted: 16:07:34 19/06/2016
Probably be playing as the villains more than anything. The Imaginators are great, but it's not whats making me excited about the game.
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#37 Posted: 18:38:56 19/06/2016
Senseis are really strong. And also they can let your imaginator reach a higher level.
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#38 Posted: 18:42:37 19/06/2016
Quote: PopFizzFan5

I'd play with her too, if you know what I mean.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#39 Posted: 18:47:28 19/06/2016
I'm playing both, Sensei and Imaginators
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#40 Posted: 20:15:13 19/06/2016
I'll be playing with Fire Kracken still...
I might not use the Senseis that though if they end up being as rediculously OP as Trap Masters (Was it really nescesary to make Wildfire that powerful?)
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#41 Posted: 02:12:57 20/06/2016
Quote: Bionichute
Quote: PopFizzFan5

I'd play with her too, if you know what I mean.

She's literally an ugly floating cartoon head, I will never understand these types of posts lol.

Anyways, senseis mostly, honestly after creating a good few Imaginations their movesets will get repetitive.
#42 Posted: 02:16:37 20/06/2016
She's a demonic nightmare creature with a freaky appearance and the disconnect of a spoiled teenager. You might not understand the appeal of her but love to hate villains are a big thing.
---
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#43 Posted: 02:25:33 20/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
She's a demonic nightmare creature with a freaky appearance and the disconnect of a spoiled teenager. You might not understand the appeal of her but love to hate villains are a big thing.

Atheist Amen.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#44 Posted: 02:47:35 20/06/2016
sorry that i think she's hot god
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#45 Posted: 10:45:14 20/06/2016
Well, I know a few Sensei I'll be playing as. For sure Ember, Ambush, and probably both of the Light and Dark Sensei. I'm always impressed with them. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME THIS TIME TFB.

As for villains, I'll be playing as smilie, smilie, smilie, and smilie. smilie as my main choice.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:29 20/06/2016 by Luminous35
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#46 Posted: 13:40:32 20/06/2016
At this stage I'm only interested in collecting these Sensei figures:

•Eight regular Sensei, with Master King Pen, Ember and Ambush as possibilities
•Eight former Villains, with smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie and smilie being my current preferred picks
•Crash Bandicoot...well, depending on which Starter Pack(s) I choose

Hopefully I can figure out a way to have all ten classes spread out between them, with overlaps of the ones I find most interesting. I won't lie, though, the idea of Imaginators means I'm more likely to play as my own ideas, especially since I'm a sucker for character creation.
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#47 Posted: 19:02:18 20/06/2016
I'm probably going to rarely play as Imaginators. I'm gonna be playing with the Senseis much more.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#48 Posted: 00:09:37 14/08/2016
ill be playing with wolfgang, flarewolf and tae kwon crow and obviously imaginators ill be making
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
#49 Posted: 00:16:29 14/08/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
I'm probably going to rarely play as Imaginators. I'm gonna be playing with the Senseis much more.

This. I don'y know why, but characters they create are fantastic. smilie
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me