darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Superchargers racing in imaginators
Page 1 of 1
Superchargers racing in imaginators
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#1 Posted: 22:06:42 16/06/2016 | Topic Creator
We've been told that SC racing will be available in imaginators with previous tracks available to in race mode.

This is a great move to not make us feel like vehicles were a waste of money and possible sell some more left over vehicles . Just a couple of thoughts ...

Does that mean all tracks will be available without having to use trophy figures?

And Will they encourage racing by hiding Imaginators parts in race mode as prizes / earnings?
Coz I gotta be honest, if they've got imaginators parts as prizes for racing , that may actually increase my interest in racing more then SC did lol.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#2 Posted: 22:08:46 16/06/2016
maybe, idk for sure. but im hoping they will improve the racing, SC racing was ok but it could of been better, maybe this time around they will add the few things that were lacking and make racing alot more fun.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 22:14:07 16/06/2016
Imaginator parts in racing would definately be incentive for farming, though not gonna make me buy a vehicle(only had the Instant) if it's the same tracks as before. At least some more land tracks so you're not doing the same 2-4 ones an entire session.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 00:04:29 17/06/2016
Lou said in a video that all the SuperChargers' tracks will be back in Imaginators so I guess that includes the ones locked by Trophies.

Wouldn't count on new tracks though, they have still a lot to do with the main game.
Maybe patches will add more tracks in the future.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#5 Posted: 23:25:17 17/06/2016
Although I sold all my SC stuff(didn't like the game), I am curious on if there will be offline play?

So far all I've read/hear about is that racing will be available via online multiplayer. So no offline local play?
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#6 Posted: 23:31:40 17/06/2016
I think offline local play is definitely there. It's become a staple of the series like the fact that all of the older characters still work.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#7 Posted: 01:28:35 18/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah I'm pretty sure there will be local. If they wouldVe got rid of anything it would've been online play, locals already set up and requires no trouble shooting .

From the way they make it sound, they pretty much took pandagasts whole racing menu and just stuck it on the side of this game.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#8 Posted: 04:49:48 18/06/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
Yeah I'm pretty sure there will be local. If they wouldVe got rid of anything it would've been online play, locals already set up and requires no trouble shooting .

From the way they make it sound, they pretty much took pandagasts whole racing menu and just stuck it on the side of this game.

I hope they do more than copy/paste tracks from SC...my guess is they will b/c they have a ton of SC stock still left to sell. Just a thought -- although they said vehicles would be available digitally...not sure if that means they want to charge you for it.

I'd be ok even for a $9.99 racing pack that would unlock 4 or 8 more tracks. It would've been SO COOL if they allowed us to create and play our own tracks. Since imaginators is on a "creation" kick...hmmm.....
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:07:51 18/06/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#9 Posted: 08:04:18 18/06/2016
Speaking of vehicles, has anyone confirmed yet whether or not vehicles will still give a supercharged boost to the superchargers during on-foot gameplay? You'd think it would be a no brainer, since it's the easiest way to give vehicles at least some functionality in the series even after they inevitably stop porting over the racing mode, but I can still see them leaving it out for whatever reason.
---
Boop me if you see this.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#10 Posted: 15:05:08 18/06/2016
Quote: Muffin Man
Speaking of vehicles, has anyone confirmed yet whether or not vehicles will still give a supercharged boost to the superchargers during on-foot gameplay? You'd think it would be a no brainer, since it's the easiest way to give vehicles at least some functionality in the series even after they inevitably stop porting over the racing mode, but I can still see them leaving it out for whatever reason.

I've heard people saying "confirmed--using traps to boost vehicles" but I've not seen any video confirming it.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#11 Posted: 16:04:11 18/06/2016
I for one don't really approve of this... But I mean, if this was the only thing they could think to do with the vehicles, then I get it. If battle mode isn't returning though then I hope at the very least we don't just get the same twelve tracks from Superchargers. Not that they're bad, but at least adding in two new ones per vehicle type would be good or something.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#12 Posted: 16:28:25 18/06/2016
Agreed. They should stop wasting gameplay on the worst gimmick and bring back what we want: battle mode.
---
Any last wishes?
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#13 Posted: 16:51:03 18/06/2016
I find the racing mode utterly pointless. Any fun I could have with it is dwarfed by Mario Kart, or for other systems, one of the Sonic cart racers. Superchargers' racing mode feels like a watered down version of these, and it's missing a lot of what draws me to Skylanders in the first place.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:52:25 18/06/2016 by Shin Majin
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#14 Posted: 18:43:35 18/06/2016
imagine if we'll get to create tracks like the imaginators ! not the most realistic scenario but it'll be cool ...
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
#15 Posted: 19:01:56 18/06/2016
Quote: Wishblade
Agreed. They should stop wasting gameplay on the worst gimmick and bring back what we want: battle mode.

To be fair, TFB can not waste a single moment other than the basic porting to get this into Imaginators. The work is already cut out from them if they don't touch the gameplay, they just have to copy and paste and do the adjustments with new characters. Though they should've done that ages ago, Battle Mode is a little harder since its last iteration was the early Alchemy engine one, we don't know how much it changed since.
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#16 Posted: 20:23:09 18/06/2016
@Muffin Man / TakeYourLemons
Q: Do Vehicles boost SuperChargers in on-foot gameplay?
A: Traps are (supposedly) confirmed to boost Vehicles.

I sense a major misinterpretation/disconnect here.

But to answer the question, Vehicles have not been confirmed to boost SuperChargers.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#17 Posted: 00:51:23 19/06/2016
Quote: Drawdler
What if they added a track from Crash Team Racing? I think it would've been unlocked with the Crash figure so I doubt it BUT IMAGINE HOW HYPE THAT WOULD BE.

That would be glorious.

Although it would also be a sad reminder that Crash Team Racing is not being remastered...
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:52:36 19/06/2016 by Muffin Man
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#18 Posted: 17:34:16 19/06/2016
Now if only they gave traps some use, but nope... we have to buy the villains again.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#19 Posted: 18:48:57 19/06/2016
You know what I'm wondering, if the trophies will work in racing mode. It would be nice to play as the villains in this game too. Asides from the ones becoming Senseis, those who aren't but are playable in racing mode. Though that would be strange considering Wolfgang and Golden Queen are becoming Senseis, and are already racing villains in the trophies. Sounds redundant.
#20 Posted: 18:58:27 19/06/2016
Quote: SpcePirateMnky
You know what I'm wondering, if the trophies will work in racing mode. It would be nice to play as the villains in this game too. Asides from the ones becoming Senseis, those who aren't but are playable in racing mode. Though that would be strange considering Wolfgang and Golden Queen are becoming Senseis, and are already racing villains in the trophies. Sounds redundant.

That is a good question. Chances are you can't use their vehicles unless you have the trophies but they can finally race on others.
---
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#21 Posted: 01:43:32 20/06/2016
Quote: Wishblade

Personally, I don't want battle mode either....all I want is a decent adventure with a good mix of exploration, combat, platforming and puzzles with adventure packs adding new levels ( maybe old level items could unlock brand new stages somehow too? ). Just let us replay stages in more of a freeplay mode without the cutscenes and whatnot rather than making us skip cutscenes and try to speed through dialogue every time and I'll be happy.....

not too keen on the racing, but I do like the 3DS Racing spin-off so I'll care about it if/when they do a sequel
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me