darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Vicarious Visions to be making the crash reboot for 2017...
Page 1 of 1
Vicarious Visions to be making the crash reboot for 2017...
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#1 Posted: 20:37:21 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
just read: "In addition, Vicarious Visions will be heading up the remasters of the first three Crash games that will be released on Playstation 4 in 2017." does this mean they are not working on skylanders 7?
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 20:58:17 14/06/2016
Source on reboot?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:38 14/06/2016 by Bifrost
Titancrasher01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4325
#3 Posted: 21:00:48 14/06/2016
I don't think so. Since Activision approved of the remastered trilogy and given their notorious track record of making sequel after sequel of something popular I imagine they will do the same with the spyro trilogy if the crash remastered sells well so Vicarious will be very busy with those projects.
---
PANCAKES!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#4 Posted: 21:40:16 14/06/2016
Oh god, Crash is nothing compared to the upcoming salt if that's true.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 22:28:20 14/06/2016
V.V. already handled a couple Crash titles (nothing too big but they also had less experience).
Seeing how much passion they put in creating the Skylander version of the bandicoot, I'm sure they'll do a marvelous work.

Especially since they'll have all the robots, gears and over-the-top mechanisms they could dream of, with Cortex around.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#6 Posted: 23:00:22 14/06/2016
Aaaand I'm thoroughly upset if that means what I think it means. Agh! VV has so much potential and yet almost none of it ever sees the light of day. Unless you count stuffing all of it inside an usually extremely-expensive book that isn't supposed to even be on Ebay. Oh well. At least there's tons of random VV-ness in Imaginators. Happy for Mr. Phillips, though. I'm glad he'll still be working on a franchise with wacky, anthropomorphic animals. With very, very big grins.

Although, admittedly, there's nothing VV can really do to blow the gimmick Imaginators has out of the water. If they'll be focusing on Crash, I won't have to see them do something as...out of the blue as Superchargers.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:01:00 14/06/2016 by BlueFox
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#7 Posted: 23:38:34 14/06/2016
I really hope it doesn't mean they'll have Sky 7 be a rush job. But if VV's busy... I guess they might bring in another developer. Or have TFB do an expansion-type sequel like Giants was.

Regardless, as a fan of VV Skylanders who doesn't have a PS4 to get the Crash games (and isn't in a position to get a PS4 anytime soon), it doesn't look too promising. It'd be great if Activision gave Skylanders a year or two break to ensure quality, but knowing them that's not going to happen. Sky 7 will be out in 2017 whether it's ready or not.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 23:48:19 14/06/2016
Allow me to repost this from Crash's thread.

The problem is V.V. couldn't come up with a SWAP Force or a SuperChargers, with just one year (actually a bit less) to work on the game.
It would be another Giants (which I'd thankfully accept but would still be quite a pity).

I think we might have a Dark Souls II situation, here.
In case you didn't know, Miyazaki and From Software's main team were asked by Sony to make an exclusive game (which turned out to be Bloodborne) and had to leave Dark Souls' sequel development right after starting working on it.
To keep its release date, From Software's team B handled the development.
Miyazaki than came back to work on his own Dark Souls II which later became the third chapter.

We already saw a rather heavy change in direction with SWAP Force, I guess V.V. could leave their plans to another studio (NOT BEENOX) while they work on Crash's remasters, especially since Skylanders' art-direction and aesthetics aren't as pivotal as in the Souls.
I simply hope it would be a temporarily thing: two developers are fine but three might become too much.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#9 Posted: 23:50:58 14/06/2016
Well, they could always call in Beenox. To Sky 7 I mean, god forbid they touch a Crash game when they half-ass porting a 3DS title to Wii.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me