Page 1 of 1
Traps...
sonsilv2 Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#1 Posted: 20:03:26 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
In the previous 2 games we've had traps compatibility. I think we can safely say they will work with the game but I have a bigger question on my mind.

Will they just give us Sky Stones? It sucked that in Super Chargers they were basically useless and in Trap Team it also sucked that they had a 30 second time limit (This made me stop playing the game for a very long time) and in my opinion they should be seen as important.

People spend loads of money on collecting all the Skylanders and people did the same with Traps, but to stop them from being playable just takes the cake.

I think Activision should sit down and have a discussion on what they're going to do with Traps, they might as well not have them in the game completely if they only unlock Sky Stones.

What Traps should do is make a character playable as long as they're in the portal, Traps cost more than actual Skylanders over in the UK so they should at least do something for that price...
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2 Posted: 20:04:23 14/06/2016
Pretty sure they've been confirmed to do the same thing they did in Superchargers: Act as (upgrades?) to vehicles in racing mode.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:05:33 14/06/2016 by yelvy
#3 Posted: 20:06:01 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: yelvy
Pretty sure they've been confirmed to have the same usefulness as in Superchargers.

Well it's never to late to change it, but I think it's just stupid that they cost so much and do nothing. And they had a whole game based around them and then they were reduced to nothing.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#4 Posted: 20:12:36 14/06/2016
That's true, but I can't see them having any use when there are now villain figures themselves. I don't actually have any traps (Skipped on TT, regretted it later) but I wish they had some kind of use as well! That would encourage me to buy the game :3
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#5 Posted: 23:03:29 14/06/2016
That's why I don't buy every single skylander...I just get the ones that I like
#6 Posted: 07:45:48 15/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: KingMed
That's why I don't buy every single skylander...I just get the ones that I like

I do the same, I just feel sorry for the people who did buy them. If Activision said that all of the Skylanders from Spyro's Adventure weren't compatible with the new game, people would be very mad, but stopping the traps from working with the new game is almost the same thing.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#7 Posted: 08:36:12 15/06/2016
I bought several Traps during Trap Team. After how their utility was reduced in Superchargers and the fact it does not seem like they will do much in Imaginators, I've decided to only keep one of each element and sell the rest. Am I frustrated about that? Absolutely not. I had fun buying and using them in Trap Team, I never intended to get all of them and I don't mind that they are "useless" now.
---
bye
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#8 Posted: 13:33:04 15/06/2016
I read in an FAQ that they will boost vehicles in the racing sections just like they did in SC.
---
Any last wishes?
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#9 Posted: 14:25:10 15/06/2016
I wish they would at least use them to give the Trap Masters a little extra boost. Like, you could put a Magic trap in the portal alongside a Magic Trap Master and that would make his weapon start to glow and give him a temporary power boost until the trap runs out of energy. Kaos traps could work similarly except they would work on all Trap Masters of every element and would give a bigger boost, except at the cost of draining some of your health.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#10 Posted: 14:56:25 15/06/2016
Quote: Muffin Man
I wish they would at least use them to give the Trap Masters a little extra boost. Like, you could put a Magic trap in the portal alongside a Magic Trap Master and that would make his weapon start to glow and give him a temporary power boost until the trap runs out of energy. Kaos traps could work similarly except they would work on all Trap Masters of every element and would give a bigger boost, except at the cost of draining some of your health.

Or they could implement the Sky-Chi-like attacks from the 3DS version of Trap Team (though maybe without the cinematic), where collecting Traptanium fills up a bar which, when full, allows trap masters to unleash a powerful attack on all enemies in the area. Just put in a trap to charge the attack, then either player using a Trap Master can press the special attack button (R2/RT/ZR) to unleash their Traptanium power.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#11 Posted: 16:53:47 15/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I would have loved to see Traps be used for something more significant, for example you could unlock a race where you race against the character in the trap.

A cooler thing would be like Mario Kart Double Dash in which there is 2 characters in 1 kart, the trap could have the character on the top of the Car and help out in someway.

Another idea would be to put a cage on the Car, this would contain the trapped villain and your job is to take the villain back to Cloud Cracker prison.

Now the big idea. The Traps could work like minis, minis followed the Skylander and you could even play as minis. I would love to see this introduced like a partner. People would then go back and play Trap Team just to so they could get a different character in the trap making the game important to the franchise!
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#12 Posted: 21:36:11 15/06/2016
I'm still a bit annoyed by the fact that we have to buy the Doom Raiders again, am i the only one that is annoyed by the fact that Trap Team was originally supposed to make us capture villains and play as them WITH upgrade trees and stuff...?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#13 Posted: 22:26:35 15/06/2016
smilie I think there's a problem though, they can't really give traps a decent part in new games because the trap distribution wasn't very good with many regular fans still probably not having 1 from each element .

Giving traps a decent function in new games would be like saying "screw you " all over again to those fans unless they brought back traps in stores.

I would like to see a better function for them too, but I just don't think it's likely unless they revamp traps in a new game.

I'm more concerned about the expansion toys and magic items , I'd rather they keep their functions going over traps.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#14 Posted: 04:21:54 16/06/2016
Quote: sonsilv2
Quote: yelvy
Pretty sure they've been confirmed to have the same usefulness as in Superchargers.

Well it's never to late to change it, but I think it's just stupid that they cost so much and do nothing. And they had a whole game based around them and then they were reduced to nothing.

They were advertised as a collection for your villains. In a game called "Trap Team". They never advertised future compatibility of non-skylander items. I'm frankly shocked vehicles are doing something this year. I wasn't expecting it.
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#15 Posted: 06:32:57 16/06/2016
Maybe traps can unlock the villains as skylanders?
#16 Posted: 11:10:40 16/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I just want to see them work as minis, kind of like Skylanders Partners!

That would be a cool idea actually! If you don't have someone to play with, put 2 Skylanders on the portal and one of them could be AI, you could teach it like an amiibo!
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#17 Posted: 11:16:22 16/06/2016
How are the traps supposed to slot into the portal? 'Cause they've been using the SWAP Force one...
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#18 Posted: 11:31:04 16/06/2016
I loved the trap functions in Superchargers. If used correctly, and in abundance, they were extremely useful in Nightmare mode. As for Imaginators, I believe they will act as some sort of one time chest for new parts. Unless they decide to actually be creative and add special power boosts for traps.
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#19 Posted: 12:35:20 16/06/2016
Quote: Skylander3112
How are the traps supposed to slot into the portal? 'Cause they've been using the SWAP Force one...

I've not seen any official confirmation on whether traps will work or not, but my assumption is that they will only work in the multiplayer racing and only if you have the appropriate portal (e.g. Trap Team or Superchargers).
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#20 Posted: 12:37:23 16/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: wideawakewesley

I've not seen any official confirmation on whether traps will work or not, but my assumption is that they will only work in the multiplayer racing and only if you have the appropriate portal (e.g. Trap Team or Superchargers).

They haven't revealed the Portal yet, they have been using the Swap Force one at E3 but I doubt that they will actually use the Swap Force portal. People would be upset if the Super Chargers cars didn't work
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#21 Posted: 13:03:31 16/06/2016

They haven't revealed the Portal yet, they have been using the Swap Force one at E3 but I doubt that they will actually use the Swap Force portal. People would be upset if the Super Chargers cars didn't work

Vehicles work with all the Portals, as far as I know; traps are the ones limited to Trap Team's and SuperChargers'.

I'm expecting a brand new Portal as well, as well as a different Magic Moment and TfB-ish transition from level to Portal.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#22 Posted: 15:20:03 16/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95

Vehicles work with all the Portals, as far as I know; traps are the ones limited to Trap Team's and SuperChargers'.

I'm expecting a brand new Portal as well, as well as a different Magic Moment and TfB-ish transition from level to Portal.

Looks like it's bad news [User Posted Image]

Swap Force portal... Although this could change!
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#23 Posted: 19:54:07 16/06/2016
I'm not expecting a new portal, folks at the London press event were specifically told they would be using the fan favourite swap force portal (their words), but they could well change their mind. Saves them a bunch of cash by doing that though.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:40 16/06/2016 by wideawakewesley
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#24 Posted: 20:08:04 16/06/2016
*tries not to open up a discussion about what Activision considera to be "fan favorite"*

If that's the case, it's a pity but... Ok.
Not a big deal, I still have my beloved Traptanium Portal to use. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#25 Posted: 20:28:42 16/06/2016
Yeah, I've got a couple Traptanium portals myself that I'm gonna keep using for the game (I don't think I plugged in the Superchargers one more than once, to be honest). It'll give me a third Swap Force portal to use with my recently created Skylanders display, though.

I really wish the Tablet portal would work with PS4 via bluetooth, though... it's probably one of my favorites design and space-wise.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:29:36 16/06/2016 by Wolfgang
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#26 Posted: 22:00:02 16/06/2016
I think The tablet portal was great looking too smilie

In one of the videos, Lou did say that they don't want new players trying to find old toys that arnt for sale in stores anymore , so they didn't want to give traps too much of a use in new games. Which is what I thought.

it's sad traps don't do just a little bit more then be vehicle ammo , but it's still better the magic items if they not return them to their original functions.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#27 Posted: 14:46:21 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm not expecting a new portal, folks at the London press event were specifically told they would be using the fan favourite swap force portal (their words), but they could well change their mind. Saves them a bunch of cash by doing that though.

True. But if they make a version with a portal and a version without a portal (Like they did with Giants) It could also get them a lot more money!
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#28 Posted: 14:59:06 17/06/2016
You just made me realize that a Portal Owner's Pack could very easily be brought back. Ever since Swap Force some aspect of the Starter Pack has always been necessary.

SF: The older portals weren't compatible with the Swappers
TT: The older portals weren't compatible with the Traps
SC: Needed a vehicle on the portal/ You only had access to Instant Hot Streak if you had an older portal

But here, literally the only thing you need to play is the game. Imaginators/Senseis are just icing on the figurative cake. A Portal Owner's pack could be a great way to go so that older fans of the series don't have to keep coughing up 75 bucks every fall. I could see either GD or King Pen, a Creation Crystal, and the game of course. Maybe a little more than the Giants Portal Owner's Pack though, seeing as you're getting a bit more out of it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me