darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Crash Hints at Heroic Challenges' Return?
Page 1 of 1
Crash Hints at Heroic Challenges' Return? [CLOSED]
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 17:54:08 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
So with the reveal of Crash Bandicoot of course came some new screenshots. Out of all the screenshots, there's one I find the most interesting.

[User Posted Image]

Now, what do I find so interesting about this screenshot? Well, doesn't it look somewhat... familiar?

The level Crash is in looks to be a replica of N. Sanity Beach, the first level of the first Crash Bandicoot game. Because Crash himself wasn't enough of a neat little throwback to his glory days.

Now, Bifrost threw out the idea that maybe the Crash Starter Pack comes with like an Adventure Pack piece that unlocks a new level completely themed after Crash Bandicoot's PS1 games. And while I wouldn't object to that, I personally think this means something else. What if Heroic Challenges are returning, and this is our first glimpse at them?

As you can see in the background, it appears there are Wumpa Fruits, which were basically the coins of Crash's games. What I personally think is that this is a Heroic Challenge level unlocked by placing Crash on the portal, in which the player must collect a certain amount of Wumpa Fruits.

And I'm actually going to take this theory a step further. What if completing a Heroic Challenge with it's corresponding Sensei unlocks new parts for Imaginators based off of them?

I think bringing Heroic Challenges back would make sense, considering how they were kind of training missions for the Skylanders, and how this game revolves around the Senseis training the Imaginators.

Not saying this will be the case, just throwing out a theory. Thoughts?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#2 Posted: 18:21:10 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
But I doubt they'll ever bring heroics back- it would be a playtesting/bugtesting nightmare now.

......How?
---
Check this out! Please?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#3 Posted: 18:34:36 14/06/2016
Besides, I don't see the point of it. Yeah they were fun, but unless heroics are directly related to the gimmick of the game I don't see why they would bring them back, and we've had no real indication of heroics returning since SG really. It's probably just a character specific mission or something like in SSC.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#4 Posted: 18:45:32 14/06/2016
Could be like the Supercharged Combo Challenges in SC. Donkey Kong had a challenge that involved collecting bananas that looked and sounded like the ones in his series; I wouldn't be surprised if they took it a step further and included a level reminiscent of Crash's games just for him in this one.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#5 Posted: 18:47:39 14/06/2016
I think it's a full level, mainly for one simple reason:

There wouldn't be enough Sky-Chi for everyone.

Think about it, while Crash isn't exclusive, its more likely than not that mostly only Playstation owners will have him. With this, this means that there is probably only 30 Sky-Chi unlocks in the main game, and while you CAN use crash to unlock any of the Brawler ones, that would leave one Brawler without a Sky-Chi power, so the solution?

Give Crash his own level, with his own Sky-Chi unlock in it.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 19:11:15 14/06/2016
Not sure if anyone noticed it before, but in the official reveal video's description it says "Conquer all new Side Quests":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0UA8ql11_M

They do sound like some Heroics-like extra missions.
I hope it's a full fledged level, though.

Would have wanted to post it before, but had a rather busy (and terrible) day.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#7 Posted: 20:19:00 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Side quests, huh? Sounds to me like we may be getting something similar to Heroics then. Maybe not identical, but something along the lines.
---
Check this out! Please?
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#8 Posted: 20:48:25 14/06/2016
If they did bring back Heroics I can only see it working with the new Senseis. There's no way it would be for previously released Skylanders.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#9 Posted: 21:52:42 14/06/2016
Or maybe that's not a Skylanders screenshot, and is from the crash remake
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:32 14/06/2016 by Blink182Bouncer
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#10 Posted: 21:55:32 14/06/2016
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

are you really sure they would make that good of a remaster though
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#11 Posted: 22:04:00 14/06/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW

Look at Ratchet and Clank
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#12 Posted: 22:05:32 14/06/2016
Quote: sprocketrocket

___
[User Posted Image]
k.
---
#13 Posted: 22:14:38 14/06/2016

___
[User Posted Image]
k.

Now look at the reboot
---
#14 Posted: 22:16:41 14/06/2016

___
[User Posted Image]
k.

Now look at the reboot

___
[User Posted Image]
k.
---
#15 Posted: 22:17:19 14/06/2016

___
[User Posted Image]
k.

Now look at the reboot

___
[User Posted Image]
k.

The 2016 one
---
#16 Posted: 22:18:55 14/06/2016

Now look at the reboot

___
[User Posted Image]
k.

The 2016 one

am I getting closer

[User Posted Image]
---
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#17 Posted: 04:13:48 15/06/2016
Heroic challenges. They became too tedious, however, I do miss being able to boost my characters. It would be cool to have some kind of currency in bonus material that can increase character stats.
---
Any last wishes?
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#18 Posted: 04:20:16 15/06/2016
This is horribly off topic but I just want some sort of character specific thing. Be it a chest that only Superchargers/Giants/Trap Masters/Swappers can open, or heck even just an NPC saying your specific character's name.

On topic however, I would like to see Heroic Challenges come back but maybe something simple this time to allow for lots of characters to have one. (I'm thinking a challenge specific to a Sensei and then a challenge for Superchargers to do, one for Trap Masters, one for Swappers, one for Giants, and one for only the cores.)
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#19 Posted: 05:21:53 15/06/2016
It would definitely only work for new guys
Back in Giants only orange-bases characters unlocked heroic challenges
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#20 Posted: 05:33:02 15/06/2016
Reintroducing heroic challenges would be great, and it's got nothing to do with how many charscters there are in total, only new characters unlocked challenges ( like in giants ) .

It would make a lot of sense now too as each sensei could have a "challenge" to test their students with .

It'd also be a Perfect time to introduce them too so that there is lots of little missions to do with your Skylanders you made instead of story mode or battle arenas.

If some people don't like heroic challenges , they don't have to play them. It's not like small stat increases matter in the greater scheme of the game coz there's no competitive battle scene. It just gives the people who want to achieve a lot of mission goals with their favourite characters something extra to do.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Bitmap Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#21 Posted: 05:35:22 15/06/2016
Sorry, Crash fanboy here, explain to me what a heroic challenge is? I've only played a few Skylanders games before.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#22 Posted: 06:28:51 15/06/2016
Mini missions ( like find and destroy 100 enemies before timer runs out or collect all these hidden items before timer runs out etc ) .

In The first Skylanders game , each character you owned unlocked 1 . Once completed with a character you gain a small stat boost for that Character.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#23 Posted: 13:44:44 15/06/2016
If you completed a lot of heroic challenges, your character was much faster, got more critical hits, better armor, and more elemental power. It was so time consuming to repeat the same missions for all of your characters, but it was awesome to boost the stats.
---
Any last wishes?
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#24 Posted: 15:52:51 15/06/2016
If there is something akin to them, I predict something more like Buzz's quests for Superchargers.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me