Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Artwork theory [CLOSED]
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#1 Posted: 14:16:13 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
With the reveal of Crash Bandicoot in Skylanders I wanted to share a theory that has been on my mind since the reveal of the game. If you take a look at the new artworks, you can see that there always seems to be a different colored light coming from the left that doesn't fit to the color fitting to the element of the character in the back. At first I thought it was the color of the Battle Class but then I noticed that both Golden Queen and Tri-Tip had a puple color on the left so I didn't have an idea what it could mean... but now I do.

King Pen: blue background for Water, green light coming from the left, Brawler Class.
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

Crash: green background for Life, blue light coming from the left, Brawler Class.
[User Posted Image]

Does this mean that the color on the left is hinting what the Element of the other Skylander from that Battle Class is?
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#2 Posted: 14:17:49 14/06/2016
No, Ambush is NOT a brawler he iz a knight. But maybe the other life is a brawler.. And the other water iz a knight!!! U on to somthing
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
#3 Posted: 14:20:37 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark35
No, Ambush is NOT a brawler he iz a knight. But maybe the other life is a brawler.. And the other water iz a knight!!! U on to somthing

What the...?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 14:22:57 14/06/2016
i guess that means a magic smasher!

[User Posted Image]

look at the purple..

and ambush.... water knight?

[User Posted Image]
#5 Posted: 14:25:13 14/06/2016
The other water is a knight?!?!?!?!?!
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
#6 Posted: 14:44:36 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Though what kinda ruins this theory is Golden Queen, since she also has a purple light though since she's a villain and with that the third character she wouldn't hint anything. I think the blue light next to Ambush could be for Air.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#7 Posted: 14:48:53 14/06/2016
Well I see the shade of blue in Ambush's art as lighter than the one in Crash's...

I like this theory but yeah, we don't really have a lot to go off of. Maybe wait for more art?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#8 Posted: 14:57:31 14/06/2016
Quote: isaac343018s
Well I see the shade of blue in Ambush's art as lighter than the one in Crash's...

I like this theory but yeah, we don't really have a lot to go off of. Maybe wait for more art?

You got it. That's Air blue, it's less saturated and closer to white. And we know the Air sensei single-wields a sword.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:59:04 14/06/2016 by Bifrost
#9 Posted: 14:58:32 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I wish we'd get to see Wolfgangs and Embers art.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#10 Posted: 15:03:51 14/06/2016
If this theory is true, then I guess that means Gulper is also a knight? Or whoever the water villain is? Because the girl sensei in the trailer is clearly a quickshot.
And the Golden Queen also has purple in it to, which could mean Magic is also getting a sorcerer... Which is kind of obvious, but whatever.

I think it might just be like a stylistic decision, but it would actually be interesting. Maybe that would mean the battle classes are divided more evenly among the elements. (For example, both Water and Life getting a brawler, a knight, and a quickshot and both Magic and Earth getting a sorcerer, a smasher, and whatever other class there is for the elements.)
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Skycrosser24 Green Sparx Gems: 267
#11 Posted: 15:25:07 14/06/2016
I think we are getting Both an air knight and air brawler since Crash and Ambush blue half's are lighter then King pen water background.
---
Sly thief, Evil overlord. I will hunt you Luminous and your minions too!
Welcome to the family Hoodsickle. Never trusted the crow
#12 Posted: 16:00:26 14/06/2016
Wolfgang just showed up in the Instagram page. Pure white is the Undead color, while his secondary light is dark purple. Dark or Magic sharpshooter.
---
#13 Posted: 16:02:31 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Wolfgang just showed up in the Instagram page. Pure white is the Undead color, while his secondary light is dark purple. Dark or Magic sharpshooter.

Just saw it too, I can't quite put my finger on it, it could be Magic or Dark. Though no matter which one it is, I can already tell the character will be amazing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:02:47 14/06/2016 by Deja Vu
#14 Posted: 16:04:08 14/06/2016
I think it's darker than GD and Tri Tip's purple so most likely Dark, but yeah, these colors are definately not random, you're probably supposed to see them side by side or something. Also I exaggerated on the other post, Undead is just very light grey. I was looking at the center and saw white... even knowing they're all white in that spot.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:05:43 14/06/2016 by Bifrost
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#15 Posted: 18:06:50 14/06/2016
I'm pretty sure these color differences mean nothing. I mean, it could, but I don't think it hints towards anything.
I could be wrong so don't take what I say for granted.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#16 Posted: 18:42:40 14/06/2016
Hmm, very interesting.

I'm pretty sure the other Knight is supposed to be Air, the one dude we saw in the trailer.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
PopFizzFan5 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#17 Posted: 18:52:46 14/06/2016
Quote: Skycrosser24
I think we are getting Both an air knight and air brawler since Crash and Ambush blue half's are lighter then King pen water background.

If this is true.we have a unknown air Sensei. Who looks somewhat like a knight.That only leaves the villain and an unknown Air sensei.we either will get a Unknown air Brawler, or we will get Dreamcatcher as a Brawler! smilie smilie smilie I say that it is the 2nd one due to there already being 2 non villain brawlers
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:55:31 14/06/2016 by PopFizzFan5
#18 Posted: 19:32:57 14/06/2016
If you look at this video

at 0:28 and 0:34 you can see Ember and Wolfgang's artwork. Ember has a Yellow orange color, so Tech Sentinel? And Wolfgang has....idk what color that is, and what element it represents. If looks purple, but also blue. Idk.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#19 Posted: 19:43:08 14/06/2016
That looks purple to me, a magic bowslinger then..
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#20 Posted: 19:43:53 14/06/2016
Dark Bowslinger, more likely.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#21 Posted: 19:51:39 14/06/2016
Dark purple and dark green are, well, Dark element colors. Magic is purple and royal blue.
Tech is orange, just far enough from Light yellow, and silver - different from dull Undead gray. Look I spend too much time in the Wiki I analyze a lot.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:26 14/06/2016 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#22 Posted: 20:22:25 14/06/2016
Bifrost is right, if this theory is true than we are getting a Smasher and a Bowslinger, for Dark.
Not sure if Ember's artwork leans more towards pure yellow or orange but I think that's definitely a Light-related tone.

Let me make a quick list:

King Pen hints at a Life Brawler (probably Crash);
Crash hints at an Air Brawler (yet unseen);
Ambush hints at an Air Knight (possibly the one in the reveal trailer);
Golden Queen hints at a Magic Sorcerer (yet unseen but definitely expected);
Tri-Tip hints at a Dark Smasher (yet unseen);
Ember hints at a Light, maybe Tech, Sentinel (yet unseen);
Wolfgang hints at a Dark Bowslinger.

I thought those artwors looked suspicious as well, glad to see this theory being supported.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#23 Posted: 20:24:48 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I think Crash is supposed to "hint" at King Pen. So seems like we'll be getting a Tech Sentinel, I kinda expected that.
#24 Posted: 20:28:28 14/06/2016
Hmmm.... this seems to be more and more realistic by the minute. Believing it more.

Though I'm pretty sure Tri-Tip's purple is magic, so a Magic Smasher (Pain-Yatta?)

King Pen hints towards a Life Brawler (Probably Crash)
Crash hints towards the Air Brawler, which is unseen.
Ambush hints at the Air Knight that we saw, which is making me believe more and more that this is the case.
Golden Queen hints at a Magic Sorcerer, who is also unseen.
Tri-Tip hints at a Magic Smasher, who is probably Pain-Yatta.
Ember hints at a Tech Sentinel (or light, but chances are, it's Tech)
Wolfgang hints at the Dark Bowslinger.

Nice to know we can finally uncover some more characters. Lets see if were right!
---
#25 Posted: 20:29:40 14/06/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
I think Crash is supposed to "hint" at King Pen. So seems like we'll be getting a Tech Sentinel, I kinda expected that.

Crash's blue is lighter then King pen's blue and Crash's blue is more fit for an air element brawler
---
#26 Posted: 20:31:50 14/06/2016
Now, another thing I wanted to point out.
If the Water Sensei is a quickshot, then her artwork will be King Pen's blue, and green, meaning she could hint at the Life Villain being a Quickshot...
I mean, each Element's color's HAS been the same.
Crash and Ambush's artwork colors are the same, and same thing with Tri-Tip and Golden Queen.
---
#27 Posted: 20:34:48 14/06/2016
I look at it more closely and Embers other half looks like the Earth from Tri tip and Golden Queen
Earth sentinel confirmed?
---
#28 Posted: 20:37:29 14/06/2016
Nah, it's more orange then brown. Still believe it's a Tech Sentinel.
They are choosing some interesting Battle Classes for certain elements. I wonder how Tech Sentinel will work.
---
#29 Posted: 20:42:55 14/06/2016

Look at the stone base in the artwork, that should help you distinct King Pen's dark blue from Crash and Ambush's light blue.
Same goes for Golden Queen's purple and Tri-Tip's darker one.

Quote: Luminous35
If the Water Sensei is a quickshot, then her artwork will be King Pen's blue, and green, meaning she could hint at the Life Villain being a Quickshot...
Crash and Ambush's artwork colors are the same, and same thing with Tri-Tip and Golden Queen.

Tri-Tip and Golden Queen's purples aren't the same.
Look at the stone bases, the reflected colors are different.
I think the first is Magic while the second is Dark (would have said Undead since its bases are a very similar color, but Wolfgang's artwork show it's actually silvery grey).

It's still a theory not to exclude just yet, after all Golden Queen and Wolfgang might be hinting to reformed villains, while Tri-Tip and Crash/Ambush at proper Skylanders.
We are at that awesome but slightly frustrating phase where we do have lots of informations but not enough to confirm our theories. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:44:15 14/06/2016 by Drek95
#30 Posted: 20:48:23 14/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95

Look at the stone base in the artwork, that should help you distinct King Pen's dark blue from Crash and Ambush's light blue.
Same goes for Golden Queen's purple and Tri-Tip's darker one.

Tri-Tip and Golden Queen's purples aren't the same.
Look at the stone bases, the reflected colors are different.
I think the first is Magic while the second is Dark (would have said Undead since its bases are a very similar color, but Wolfgang's artwork show it's actually silvery grey).

It's still a theory not to exclude just yet, after all Golden Queen and Wolfgang might be hinting to reformed villains, while Tri-Tip and Crash/Ambush at proper Skylanders.
We are at that awesome but slightly frustrating phase where we do have lots of informations but not enough to confirm our theories. smilie

Go to the gallery and switch between Tri-Tips and Golden Queens artwork repeatedly, then you'll see that they're the same.
#31 Posted: 20:48:28 14/06/2016
Purples are no different but yeah you at pretty much right.
---
#32 Posted: 20:53:54 14/06/2016
Look at the Purple on Wolfgang's artwork, then look at Golden Queen and Tri-Tip. Golden Queen and Tri-Tip both hint at Magic.
---
#33 Posted: 21:07:46 14/06/2016
Great Eon, I feel stupid now.
I switched from Golden Queen's artwork to Tri-Tip's for literally about a minute, asking myself how I could have been so blind. smilie

Could have sweared they looked different on my own gallery.

So, Tri-Tip hints at a Magic Smasher (Pain-Yatta?) and Golden Queen to a Sorcerer.
Apparently Wolfgang is the only one pointing towards a Battle Class for Dark, as of now.

King Pen's blue is definitely different from the Crash or Ambush, though.
Much darker.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:08:19 14/06/2016 by Drek95
#34 Posted: 21:12:31 14/06/2016
What if Crash Hints at Dreamcatcher? Air Brawler? It seems to be the only thing that makes sense for Dreamcatcher now...
Theories... Theories....
I think the Water Quickshot hints to a Life Quickshot, which is either the other Sensei besides Crash, since he doesn't count as one of the 30 Sensei.
I only see Sheep Creep as a possibility for the Life Quickshot, but then again, they DID change Wolfgang. They could change Chompy Mage. Maybe he shoots chompies now?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:28:04 15/06/2016 by Luminous35
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#35 Posted: 01:21:44 15/06/2016
Would I possibly be able to make a video on this? I'd give you credit for posting the theory
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:06 15/06/2016 by skylandsfan
#36 Posted: 01:27:36 15/06/2016
I made a video and gave credit. I don't think it would matter.
---
#37 Posted: 01:48:24 15/06/2016
What if Crash Hints at Dreamcatcher? Air Brawler? It seems to be the only thing that makes sense for Dreamcatcher now...
Theories... Theories....
I think the Water Quickshot hints to a Life Quickshot, which is either the other Sensei besides Crash, since he doesn't count as one of the 30 Sensei.
I only see Sheep Creep as a possibility for the Life Quickshot, but then again, they DID change Wolfgang. They could change Chompy Mage. Maybe he shoots chompies now?

If Crash hints to Dreamcatcher. GREAT!! Also, where is this water quickshot you speak of?
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#38 Posted: 03:16:17 15/06/2016
One of the two unnamed Sensei's in the reveal trailer. The one with Cuttlefish looking guns
#39 Posted: 06:46:07 15/06/2016 | Topic Creator
You can make a video as long as you give me credit.
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#40 Posted: 08:08:03 15/06/2016
I'm so confused? We know that Ambush is from the Light Element and Tri Tip is from the Earth Element....
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#41 Posted: 08:44:51 15/06/2016
Quote: SilverWolf2308
I'm so confused? We know that Ambush is from the Light Element and Tri Tip is from the Earth Element....

That's the light they have coming from their lefts. We're wondering about the lights on their rights and how it matches a different element's color schene.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#42 Posted: 09:47:57 15/06/2016
I don't think the color hints at Class. It's just that all Water Skylanders main color in the artwork is blue with a bit of green, Earth Skylanders are brown with a bit of purple, etc. The color does not indicate Class for other characters, it just varies for variety between artworks.
---
bye
#43 Posted: 10:22:31 15/06/2016
Then how do you explain King Pen having green and hes a brawler, then theres Crash who is a Life Brawler?
---
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#44 Posted: 10:31:43 15/06/2016
I think you need to line the pictures up and post it Up as 1 image so they all get what your talking about
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#45 Posted: 11:37:47 15/06/2016
Quote: SilverWolf2308

Ambush is life BTW
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#46 Posted: 12:53:00 15/06/2016
Then how do you explain King Pen having green and hes a brawler, then theres Crash who is a Life Brawler?

I see no inherent correlation. Both Earth backgrounds and both Life backgrounds have been identical, so there's nothing to suggest that they have anything to do with classes whatsoever.

Reminds me of a nice quote
Quote: 8th Doctor
I love humans, always seeing patterns in things that aren't there.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:56:33 15/06/2016 by Nightmoon
#47 Posted: 13:33:42 15/06/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
Here you can clearly see the difference between Crashs/Ambushs blue and King Pens blue, as well as Tri-Tips/Golden Queens purple and Wolfgangs purple.
#48 Posted: 14:15:02 15/06/2016
When will painyatta's artwork come out?
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#49 Posted: 14:45:27 15/06/2016
Quote: Dark35
When will painyatta's artwork come out?

When he's actually revealed
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me