Page 1 of 1
Day one traditions/ memories.
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#1 Posted: 21:54:47 04/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Some may argue it's a little early to make this topic, but hey I did it for super chargers. And since I'm just getting active again why not? So as the topic suggests, what is your Day One Traditon? What is your favorite day one memory? For example, I always go to smyths, then go out to get a milkshake or some cake, right after.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 21:56:02 04/06/2016
i always get up early in the morning for it. Last year i started doing midnight releases.. plan on doing it again
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#3 Posted: 22:05:09 04/06/2016
I've actually never once gotten a game at launch. So typically my launch day is spent watching Youtube videos. But since I hope to preorder the Dark Edition this year, I'm going to spend the week of October 10th-16th completely off the internet and launch day playing. What I end up doing on launch day will also be affected by what exactly comes out at launch.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#4 Posted: 22:09:42 04/06/2016
I take my children to midnight releases and then we get up to buy everything we didn't get the night before and my kids always have their favorite wave one character. And for favorite memory, my kids and I were at the midnight release for Giants and it was like 12:30 and no one came with figures I went and talked to the manager and the employee was on break... Go figure, but why this is my favorite memory is we were first in line at the skylanders section but the employee took them to the counter and 2 kids tried to get in front of is on the way but me and my kids ran to the counter and they learned a lesson that day, never let two bratty kids take your skylanders from you!
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#5 Posted: 22:28:04 04/06/2016
The only one I've gotten on launch was Trap Team, so, usually nothing out of the ordinary.

The only reason I did get Trap Team on launch was that it was the only one I pre-ordered, and the reason for that being that the pre-order bonus here was a free Gearshift, who was otherwise inaccessible until several months later.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#6 Posted: 23:10:19 04/06/2016
Only Skylanders game I got on launch was Giants, so none really.
In other words, wait for a sale, plan what to buy with it, and when I finally get it, enjoy it clear through.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#7 Posted: 23:11:05 04/06/2016
Only got swap force on launch.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#8 Posted: 00:51:38 05/06/2016
To buy the new gills!
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
#9 Posted: 00:52:35 05/06/2016
Quote: Dark35
To buy the new gills!

Hey buddy, when you changed your avatar you forgot to change your sig.
---
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#10 Posted: 00:58:45 05/06/2016
What is the new sig?
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
#11 Posted: 01:01:18 05/06/2016
Quote: Dark35
What is the new sig?

"I need to stop posting Gill Grunt in the Skylanders section"

don't believe me, check the topic yourself in S&N
---
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#12 Posted: 01:04:55 05/06/2016
Me and my dad usually go early in the morning to hunt for figures before going to Gamestop to pick up our Pre-Order. Get all the variants. My dad and I split the bill. He pays for the game, and I pay for figures. On our way home we go to get sandwiches. Then we get back and play the first level together.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
PopFizzFan5 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#13 Posted: 01:42:15 05/06/2016
I started pre-ordering the games starting with Swap Force. After Church, we would go to Gamestop to pick up my game.I would sometimes buy maybe a Skylander or 2 to go with it.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14 Posted: 02:01:06 05/06/2016
so since we're talking memories..

SSA-
I got the game, darklight crypt, and hex back in christmas 2011.

Giants-
I was really hyped up for this. I went to walmart at 6am. stock was bad (no lightcores, no battle pack) but i got the GITD starter, pop fizz, crusher, and fright rider. Played the game all day.

SWAP Force-
TRU at 8am. picked up a pre-order and bought a ton of swappers and cores. There was (shockingly), no lightcore hexes in stock at the time.. times sure were different back then! smilie I then played the game and saw the mythbusters live that night. good day.

Trap Team-
This year was.. different. I was forced to choose either TT or 2.0. I had bought 2.0, but then decided to sell most of my reposes from giants and swap force to pay for TT. $175 later and i had the starter, krypt king, funny bone, chopper, and lots o' traps. Then bought wallop and gusto at TRU later. Played all day.

Superchargers-
Wasn't gonna make the same mistake as i did with TT. I went to a midnight release and bought about $200 worth of stuff. Went home, got some sleep, woke up. Played all day!

PLANS FOR IMAGINATORS-

now that i'm done with amiibo and LD... and disney infinity is done with us.. I'm going all out. Midnight release, then an all nighter until 11:00am to pick up my pre-ordered dark edition.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#15 Posted: 05:50:17 05/06/2016
Quote: Nightmoon
The only one I've gotten on launch was Trap Team, so, usually nothing out of the ordinary.

The only reason I did get Trap Team on launch was that it was the only one I pre-ordered, and the reason for that being that the pre-order bonus here was a free Gearshift, who was otherwise inaccessible until several months later.

Where was the free Gearshift? I seem to recall she was a Toys R Us exclusive for a full week before all the other stores and I had to pay $15.99. Or I could be mis-remembering things. I do remembering her being in huge numbers with no worry at all about being limited. I'm not sure if she had a later release after week one as she was so overstocked locally and no one seemed to want her.

Anyway for me, I discovered Skylanders a month or two after release of Giants, there was no day one with those.

Swap Force I reserved a dark starter at Gamestop as they had the exclusive for that and I thought it would sell out and become rare (turns out it was over stocked and discounted pretty quickly). I remember going to several stores looking for figures as Gamestop always charges more for them compared to other stores. I got several waifu at Best Buy as that year they had a few females out on day one. I also bought a lightcore Hex at Target as I think she was a Target only figure for that day (supposed to be free with a reserve). I remember not being allowed to get a game guide at Best Buy because the book was register locked for a later date (Tuesday?), which was so stupid.

Trap Team. TRU had a decent discount sale that no other store had, so I dropped about $300 there. I think it was buy one get 25% off another or something. Plus they had random coupons inside the starter boxes and I won a free crystal. Plus they had that Gearshift exclusive. Yet they didn't have any dark starters at all, which pissed me off, but I thought that I would be OK without one because of last years fiasco over the price. Turns out this year Activision pulled a fast one over on us and the Kaos Trap Crystal was underproducted and so limited. I went to several stores looking for just his crystal and never finding one. It as obviously done to increase sales of the dark starters which I saw everywhere that day EXCEPT for TRU. I got my game guide at Target with a price match on Amazon. Also at Target I also got a limited edition trap with some character inside (something Brawl and Chain?) and the Turbo Krypt King.

SuperChargers I just wasn't interested in as racing isn't my thing. I did go out later on day one to check things out, but I didn't buy anything. It didn't really look like anyone was interested in SC as the shelves were well stocked even a week later. Well not Walmart that is. They didn't even get the game or a display until a week later!

So my routine was to go to all the stores to see how it's selling and get the special stuff. Imaginators I'll decide what to do depending on what figures are out that day and what specials there are to get. I hope there is Mesmerlda or Dreamcatcher (unlikely as she's just a floating head and would be hard to make a figure of) to get on day one but I may just have to settle with the Golden Queen for a day one waifu.
---
Stay Cool!
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#16 Posted: 06:24:47 05/06/2016
Quote: fairyland
Quote: Nightmoon

Where was the free Gearshift? I seem to recall she was a Toys R Us exclusive for a full week before all the other stores and I had to pay $15.99.

Toys R Us Norway.

And unlike what reportedly happened in the US (IIRC), they didn't put leftovers from pre-orders on shelves, so she really was limited to pre-orders until her proper wave release.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#17 Posted: 08:18:38 05/06/2016
I only got Swap Force on launch. I pre-ordered the dark edition starter smilie
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#18 Posted: 08:36:38 05/06/2016
My tradition has been the same since Skylanders Giants. I drive to Toys R Us before their special early opening at 8 AM, and wait for them to open. I then buy all the Wave 1 toys (or the ones I want most if I can't afford them all at once) from Toys R Us, since they usually have the buy one get one 40-50% off deal. Then I drive to any stores with exclusives, like Target with their Nitros, to get the exclusive toys. Then finally, I drive to Gamestop, usually opening at 10, to pick up the game that I preordered there. Then I play the game all day.
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#19 Posted: 09:23:59 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Well I suppose I'll share one of my memories.
It was the swap force launch day. I was ready to go and pick it up. When I got there, I managed to get the normal starter pack, Magna charge and rattle shake, and the tower of time. Afterwards I went to costa coffee and then I played the first level.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#20 Posted: 10:25:36 05/06/2016
I always used to leave for my TRU an hour before they open, but since there have only been a couple of people in the last couple of years (though there is a family of scalpers, who bought tons of dark Wii packs last year), I usually just go there and wait for the ten or so minutes until they open. Then I go to the display, grab a couple of each figure and put them in my cart (so I can pick out the ones with the best paint job, and the scalpers can't just clear the shelves, and I'll miss one figure. Luckily, there aren't midnight releases at my store, so the stock hasn't been picked over). Then I check out, and go to pick up any Target, Gamestop, Walmart, or Best Buy exclusives.
---
Dead
Notsomegoonie42 Green Sparx Gems: 481
#21 Posted: 12:56:28 05/06/2016
I always get the games around Christmas so I usually just get on YouTube and watch vids of 1st day trips and hauls.
---
Heeeeey Yoooouuuu Guuuuuyyys!!! Hahaha - Sloth!
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#22 Posted: 12:59:51 05/06/2016
*The night before, play the previous game one more time.
*Put my clothes by my bed
*Go to sleep early
*Get up a 11:45
*Dress quickly
*Drive to Toys R Us
*Talk with some other people there about the new game before the doors open
*Run inside
*Grab everything I can
*Figure out what I have duplicates of and decide the best paint jobs
*Put my duplicates back
*Go to the register and kill my wallet for a good cause
*Go home and sleep for a bit more
*Wake up again at around 7
*Chug breakfast.
*Drive to Target.
*Get the Nitro variant (Let's be honest - on day one there is always going to be a Nitro variant at Target.)
*Go to Best Buy
*Pick up any variants
*Go to Gamestop
*Pick up Dark Starter Pack
*Go home
*Open everything
*Play the new game

With buying the regular Starter Pack, it depends on what the Pre-Order Bonus is. Once I know what it'll be at each store, then I'll decide. I'm lucky to not have any major scalpers in my area. I mean, at each release, I'll see the same people, but hardly any scalpers. There are lots of amiibo scalpers in my town, but only a few Skylanders ones I've had the displeasure of meeting.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#23 Posted: 13:29:37 05/06/2016
Well...my day one stories are sort of different...

SSA: Probably the most unique among the forums, as I've never seen anyone else talk of the same thing I did. You see, I never went to any retail store to get the game; I got it and quite a few single characters in a House Party pack. I got it a day before anyone else actually (PS: I wasn't on the forums at this time), and I wanted to play it as soon as it arrived. But we waited until release, and later on we had this big party, where we gave away a Skylander to all the guests who were kids. We played Spyro's Adventure up to Darkwater Cove, and that was when everyone had to leave. The one figure that wasn't taken was a duplicate Flameslinger, as he was an extra. And that was how I begun Skylanders.

SG: Ever since this game, I've always bought the game the day after release, as the releases always seem to be on Sunday. No going to any stores on Sunday in my family. Anyways, in that time I was waiting for the Wii U to release, so that I could have Giants on an upgraded system. My dad managed to find all the Wave One non-reposes/variants, and so I had a good time using them. I only got a Lightcore Prism Break out of it actually, as A) he wasn't able to find Granite Crusher and smilie he was the coolest Lightcore of the bunch. It wasn't until December when I could actually play. I had a good time playing then.

SSF: This game was alike to Giants, except I managed to buy the 3DS and Wii U versions at launch, as well as all the non-reposes and non-variants. No special time, except for it was after school.

STT: This was the beginning of my inner struggle as to whether or not I should continue with Skylanders, so I never got the game on release. I did get it around Christmas time, and I made it a time to remember by displaying all my collection on a table, and playing Swap Force until my parents got home with Trap Team and a full collection of Elemental traps (one of each of course). I made sure to buy Wallop and the Kaos Trap early on after I decided to continue with Skylanders, so I had a great time.

SSC: I only got Fiesta, Stormblade and Dive-Clops and their Vehicles day one, buying the Starter a little while later. Not too interesting of a day one story, to be frank.

SI: I plan on having this day one be one where I can go and get everything myself after school's over. I hope to maybe being able to drive myself there (as by then I'll be able to have my license), and buying every new character and Creation Crystal. Afterwards, I'll take time to open them up in the store parking lot, then drive home, with the figures snug in a shoebox, and the crystals stuck in a large cloth bag. When I come home, I'll act like that there was nothing there towards my younger brother and sister, and just say that I had an empty shoebox. Hopefully they'd notice the rather full bag in my fingers, then say that I had to have something. Then I'll fess up, and we'll begin to play on the XBOX One (reason being is that I really like the faster loading times and better graphics more).
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me