Page 1 of 1
Arena, Kaos Mode, Battle etc.
temperedreason Yellow Sparx Gems: 1351
#1 Posted: 04:10:59 02/06/2016 | Topic Creator
So, earlier someone commented about Battle Mode, and someone said:

"It's confirmed its not happening." and then the thread was promptly closed. How do we know this? Do we actually know someone on the inside that knows for certain that there will be no battle mode, arena mode, etc.?

It was just a little rude to close the thread like that when no one but Toys For Bob really knows what will be in the final version.

I WANT to see a Battle mode, arena mode, etc. in the vein of Swap Force to come to Imaginators. Period. And we should talk about it.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2 Posted: 04:16:15 02/06/2016
Battle Mode was one of the best mode of this series. I'm getting the feeling no one is listening to us.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#3 Posted: 07:53:15 02/06/2016
I would have loved PvP as well.

I still have hopes for arenas and kaos doom challenges...even for a toybox where you can see other user's creations.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#4 Posted: 10:36:51 02/06/2016
PVP and other game modes need to return.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#5 Posted: 10:45:26 02/06/2016
the pvp times is long gone by the look of it, at least in the console game. if you still want that they have it in the tablet/mobile game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 11:27:30 02/06/2016
Quote: Drawdler
the8bittheater asked and confirmed there's no traditional PVP

I just want Survival back

No traditional PVP?
So does that possibly mean it is coming back just not like it was before?
Probably not, just asking.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#7 Posted: 11:31:47 02/06/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: Drawdler
the8bittheater asked and confirmed there's no traditional PVP

I just want Survival back

No traditional PVP?

Glorious return of Sky Goals confirmed.

Jokes aside, just give us more of postgame. Be it a huuuge single mode, or many side activities, just give us a reason to keep playing which isn't "go through this unfinished randomzied dungeon every Friday"
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 13:50:37 02/06/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Battle Mode was one of the best mode of this series. I'm getting the feeling no one is listening to us.

I wouldn't say they aren't listening, but they are indeed focusing on the less relevant things.

I am a bit disappointed but will wait to know which other replayability options we'll have.
Character creation and randomized parts seem like a good start.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#9 Posted: 15:13:17 02/06/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

No traditional PVP?

Traditional PVP = Direct combat.

PVP just means Player Versus Player.
Trap Team had PVP in the form of Skystones. (At least on 3DS, can't quite remember if you could in the main game,)
SuperChargers had Skystones (again, not sure if you could compete, though this time, it's not in 3DS either) and, more prominently, Racing.

Racing has been confirmed, so there is PVP, just not direct combat.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:17:49 02/06/2016 by Nightmoon
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#10 Posted: 21:04:27 02/06/2016
We have this:
Quote: temperedreason

"It's confirmed its not happening." and then the thread was promptly closed. How do we know this?

And then this happens:
Quote: Nightmoon

Racing has been confirmed, so there is PVP, just not direct combat.

Can we start citing the sources?, seriously it's not that hard.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#11 Posted: 21:24:35 02/06/2016
Note that by "just not direct combat", I meant that it's not confirmed.

Quote: The Verge
Vehicles, the most recent franchise gameplay twist from last year's Superchargers, will be playable in standalone racing tracks, but aren't part of the game's main quest.

Thus, racing (which is a form of PVP) is confirmed. Traditional combat PVP (SSA-SSF) has not been mentioned anywhere that I know of.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:22 02/06/2016 by Nightmoon
#12 Posted: 21:24:54 02/06/2016
Keep in mind the8bittheater also said that old skylanders wouldn't be playable, which was a misread and long disproven. He's also done mistakes in the past for just rushing the video out of the door, so we'd better wait for a secondary source first.
---
GamingBoy247 Red Sparx Gems: 35
#13 Posted: 12:55:44 04/06/2016
Keep in mind that some of the Skylanders would make it too easy to win at PVP/Battle Mode. In Skylanders Swap Force, Night Shift can have two times more lives than any other Skylanders (when not choosing the Underbat Path) or three times more lives (when choosing the Underbat Path). Since Skylanders Trap Team, the Eon's Elite figures are three times stronger in stats and damage than their original counterparts (Elite Trigger Happy would do over a five hundred damage points when charging the Golden blast, regardless of which upgrade path you choose, and Elite Ghost Roaster would survive longer when in ectoplasm mode, especially when on the Fear Eater Mode Path due to having three times more health than regular Ghost Roaster and taking less damage when in ectoplasm mode after purchasing the ecto-freindly upgrade).
#14 Posted: 13:00:17 04/06/2016
So... If Battle Mode does return, are we gonna make a tier list like we did with Trap Team?
Just asking.
---
Check this out! Please?
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#15 Posted: 15:29:12 04/06/2016
Hopefully something like Kaos Mode returns. We still use the Kaos Doom Challenge to level up/earn gold for many of my Skylanders, and it's a lot of fun, too!
Terrornaut Red Sparx Gems: 58
#16 Posted: 11:12:37 20/06/2016
I really hope for the arenas to come back, or Kaos mode. Just some game mode to extend the game play well beyond the normal campaign. I put so many hours into the arenas, having tons of fun with the pure action there.
.I can only hope for online coop (non racing). That's very important to me, but mostly some kind of randomized action experience is a must.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#17 Posted: 12:32:45 20/06/2016
I'm thinking we'll easily see arena battle challenges again. But pvp battles are probably long gone.

The character play styles have advanced so much and there's no possible way to balance all those charscters . There would only be a dozen characters out of 100+ worth playing in the end.

They couldn't even balance pvp good in SF. their method of balancing out characters was to literally nullify all character effect moves. E.g. Slam bam couldn't freeze anyone. Which ended up just biasing characters that just had pure attack power.

The only way I think they could bring it back would be to make a group of Skylanders that were designed to battle each other. This would've been something good to do for villains ( fighting to be the leader of the doom raiders etc ) .
This could probably also work well for imaginators too since they all seem to have only relatively classic style attacks available to use , and none that look too over powered yet, but we'll see.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Terrornaut Red Sparx Gems: 58
#18 Posted: 01:04:08 21/06/2016
Its easy enough to imagine why they took PvP out. I still want the other modes though. Swap force may have been the best game in the series IMO, though TTs extra modes were also great (though Toys for Bob's single player campaigns and maps tend to be a bit a little dull and straightforward).

Going to be very disappointed and probably not buy much if they crank out another SC. No extras but racing was very lacking.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#19 Posted: 05:08:40 21/06/2016
I'd love to see arenas come back, maybe even the Kaos Doom Challenge in some form....but I never cared for PVP combat personally.
Pokelander Green Sparx Gems: 424
#20 Posted: 21:23:25 21/06/2016
If they gave us arenas, this would be the best game of the series. Seriously SC had nothing to do postgame, to the point where I started playing Trap Team again... < < that's bad. All this money Activision is getting and they are starting to get lazy with the series. Porting SC online over? That's a waste, I guess it's more to save face with the gimmick, but who cares since they will be discarded if the 7th installment ever gets made.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#21 Posted: 11:20:03 23/06/2016
i just hope for survival mode will be back. that i really missed in superchargers.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#22 Posted: 11:51:13 23/06/2016
Just curious, were the Kaos challenges laggy on newer consoles? I'm on the 360 and I couldn't bring myself to play many challenges since the mode was plagued with problems. I will be picking up a ps4 or Xbox1 so I'm curious how much better the presentation is on those versions.

I would be amazed if we didn't see Brock come back with all new arena challenges. It is the only thing that NEEDS to be in the game at this point. Imaginator's will be hands down the best game of the series if we get Arenas to make a return.
#23 Posted: 12:13:52 23/06/2016
I had the same version and the most issues I'd get was when the box got opened near too many enemies, it's an old X360 too. My real problems with both were the super zoomed out camera, I'd lose some characters so easily among some enemies.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:14:18 23/06/2016 by Bifrost
#24 Posted: 12:17:43 23/06/2016
One thing to note in that one of the options during Imaginator creation, we see Brock on the icon. It may mean nothing, but then again Persephone is also on an icon, and I'm willing to bet she'll be back as she's your main source for upgrading Skylanders.

If Brock and therefor arenas are back, however, one thing I hope they do is not re-use his voice clips like they did in Trap Team, or at least make him sound like he did in Giants if they do... Seriously, that was so jarring.
---
Check this out! Please?
#25 Posted: 02:54:57 24/06/2016
smilie^ I so whish they would marry the two forms of upgrades into one... "Persephone Pods"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me