First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Dark Starter Pack discussion
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#51 Posted: 07:46:29 02/06/2016
Never been a fan a Wolfgang, however,I liked how he was the only one to dispute Doom Raider's leadership.

LUMINOUS, that was the true badass (Sort of).

The think I like most about the dark edition is the dark crystal, but I'm pretty sure it will be sold separately, so standrad version for me.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#52 Posted: 10:10:48 02/06/2016
considering how the sales might slump with this entry too....i don't see the reason to pre order this or get it day one. a hundred bucks for these things don't justify the price anymore and most likely this year they'll be dropping prices. im surprised a lot of people here want to preorder them after all the price drops on the game before.

A reused portal and possible things like the traps here to make your own skylander? i guess they found the very last thing to really be a gimmick. i have a feeling that the create your own skylander is terrible in it might be limited in what you can actually use to make it. If I can't make a dragon or anything that looks close to an actual figure, this game's probably only going to be good to collect some of the figures for and pass on about 90% of it. just not really feeling it worth to purchase. Though the dark edition which Im surprised is being made still does have things that actually live up to the dark part this year.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#53 Posted: 11:01:43 02/06/2016
Quote: Iganagor
HEAR ME OUT FIRST o_o

[User Posted Image]

As we can see the outer tube design of the crystals are the exact same (although the inside are different)

What I'm guessing is we will have multiple creation crystals of each element, with different designs. Just like traps

So we may have stuff like
Dark Furnace Crystal
Earth Furnace Crystal
Earth Podium Crystal
Fire Podium Crystal
Water Tree Crystal
Dark Tree Crystal
Fire Tree Crystal

(These arent real names, just an example)

This could play out similar to traps where we can collect many, many crystals.
Not sure though. This is just speculation due to the Dark and Life Crystals having the exact same outer tube.

EDIT: Maybe the Inside things will be exclusive to elements

Definitely been saying this with u all along. At this point different crystals will b like Acti 3D printing money. Since its only 1 figure per crystal (like traps), why limit creators? And if only 1 mold per element, why go thru the work of different molds? IF its only 1 mold per element, ppl who buy multiples will not know what figure is in what crystal. Plus Acti can make a lot on the crystals. Theyre small, can be produced for cheap and sells at $10 a piece.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#54 Posted: 11:38:41 02/06/2016
maybe what your seeing there are just place holders such as the portal.
They said it will be an all new portal this time and what we are seeing in terms of the swap force and the superchargers portal are just place holders.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#55 Posted: 13:00:19 02/06/2016
First time I'm getting the Dark Edition.
First sale that comes along, anyway.
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#56 Posted: 14:07:31 02/06/2016
Please tell me there is a normal Wolfgang as well. Also, WHERE IS MY DREAMCATCHER!
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#57 Posted: 14:11:50 02/06/2016
basically if you got the email from gamestop about skylanders day, it looks like they're the only one selling the dark edition this year as it's exclusive to them, so there's most likely not going to be lower prices for awhile on it, maybe saving 10 bucks on black friday for that one at gamestop
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#58 Posted: 15:15:42 02/06/2016
I plan to buy Dark Edition at launch and wait until Black Friday to buy a regular edition. There's no need to pre-order. Never an issue to get DE at launch in previous years and this year WON'T be any different. I still saw DEs weeks after launch. There would have to be a significant benefit to pre-order, especially if doing it at Gamestop.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#59 Posted: 15:35:25 02/06/2016
Dark edition looks neat but I'll wait for the sale. dat Wii U dark pack sale was awesome.
Although I dunno, Dark versions of the character always seemed weird to me. It was nice when there was a "different" version of the game so it made sense to get another copy, but I only have one console. I guess if you have more than one it's pretty good because then you don't really have to double up on stuff but like for me...what am I gonna do with another portal and game? Sell it for like $4?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#60 Posted: 16:27:24 02/06/2016
Quote: tigerdr
basically if you got the email from gamestop about skylanders day, it looks like they're the only one selling the dark edition this year as it's exclusive to them, so there's most likely not going to be lower prices for awhile on it, maybe saving 10 bucks on black friday for that one at gamestop

I took it as the Dark Edition WITH The Book of Kaos bonus was GameStop exclusive - that the regular Dark Edition would be available elsewhere.
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#61 Posted: 16:48:46 02/06/2016
It looks really nice this year. Wolfgang looks sick. The dark crystal will probably be exclusive for a few months too.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#62 Posted: 17:07:49 02/06/2016
i'll totally pick this up. dark golden queen (AKA silver queen) looks amazing. dark king-pen is cool. dark wolfgang looks eh, but i'll take it. I'll also buy the wii u version (my dark edition will be for xbone) so i'll have the better-looking regular king pen.

the crystals are the main reason i'm getting the dark edition. light/dark element stuff is usually hard to find when tfb handles it so i'll be doing my best to grab those guys.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#63 Posted: 19:31:49 02/06/2016
Quote: tigerdr
considering how the sales might slump with this entry too....i don't see the reason to pre order this or get it day one.

They may make less this time around due to previous sales numbers.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#64 Posted: 19:48:15 02/06/2016
Quote: Nightmoon
Quote: TakeYourLemons
They are seriously re-using their unsold SC portals in this entry? Crapfest.

The case of portals seems to be regional, like the 3DS versions of STT and SC Racing. North America: Swap Portal. Australia/NZ: Rift Portal. Europe: Unknown, but it's usually the same as Australia/NZ, so probably Rift Portal.

Or it could simply be placeholder... Probably not, though... I might import this time around >.>

How am I supposed to engage in the "Imagination" fantasy if we're using a Rift engine portal?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Sorry, Baha bros.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#65 Posted: 19:50:17 02/06/2016
I've always decided to get the Dark Edition in the past, and with this one, the Dark element Creation Crystal was all I needed to see to decide this year will not be different. smilie

I prefer Wolfgang's normal colors, but the Dark colors aren't too bad either. I like the other two, though.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#66 Posted: 20:37:24 02/06/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons

How am I supposed to engage in the "Imagination" fantasy if we're using a Rift engine portal?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Sorry, Baha bros.

You have to imagine that it's a different portal.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Captainfishlip Green Sparx Gems: 415
#67 Posted: 21:21:38 02/06/2016
This is probably the first time I'm going to pre-order dark edition but it just looks so cool! Only other time I got dark edition was when my swap force disc broke and it was on sale at gamestop.
---
SA 31/32 SG 16/16 SF 27/32 TT 30/52 SC 9/20 SCV 3/20 SI 3/31
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#68 Posted: 23:29:58 02/06/2016
You'd think (there still very well could be) that this entry could have had the coolest portal. The Imagination Station, The Creation Station, The Imaginator Creator, The Imaginarium, etc. blah blah blah. My point is the could have gone nuts with the portal. I sincerely hope (and believe) the Super Chargers portal is a place holder.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#69 Posted: 23:31:21 02/06/2016
Quote: Tigorus
You'd think (there still very well could be) that this entry could have had the coolest portal. The Imagination Station, The Creation Station, The Imaginator Creator, The Imaginarium, etc. blah blah blah. My point is the could have gone nuts with the portal. I sincerely hope (and believe) the Super Chargers portal is a place holder.

The Imaginarium sounds promising
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#70 Posted: 23:35:40 02/06/2016
The Superchargers portal IS a placeholder and are currently designing a new one.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#71 Posted: 00:57:19 03/06/2016
I don't think there'll be a new portal, as it doesn't seem as necessary as past games. Swap Force needed to read swappers, Trap Team had a trap slot, and Superchargers, while optional, was wider to it vehicles. Giants, like Imaginators, only requires one figure on the portal, does not need a trap slot, and can already read all previous figures. Both of them have old portals included with the game.
#72 Posted: 01:05:02 03/06/2016
It was already confirmed there is a new portal.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#73 Posted: 01:06:21 03/06/2016
Quote: Luminous35

Nah it wasn't. It was said "I haven't seen the new Portal" and multiple people have said that, but no where is confirmation of there existing a new one.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong though lol.
#74 Posted: 01:12:36 03/06/2016
There was though, someone who was AT the event themselves and asked the company if they were making a new portal and they said yes. The Superchargers and Swap force portals are placeholders.
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#75 Posted: 01:20:49 03/06/2016
Quote: Luminous35

[citation needed]

Don't get me wrong, I would love a new portal, but we've never had a placeholder portal before, so there's every reason to be sceptical.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#76 Posted: 01:27:28 03/06/2016
Since they are doing away from the digital pack this year, it's even more important to give us a portal consistent with the fantasy they are selling. To be honest, a variant of the Trap Team portal (with lots of colors, etc) would work rather well. I would hate to think they are cutting corners here, but since they've already done that with the cards, I can't help but to be a little doubtful.
sunburnninja Yellow Sparx Gems: 1118
#77 Posted: 16:29:43 03/06/2016
Well I guess it's a deal because you get 35 dollars worth of extra toys for 25 dollars.
---
Subscribe to join Team Sun Today!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-I9N_yeZJSmhYTDu3lbSyg
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#78 Posted: 17:09:59 04/06/2016
Skylanders on Instagram just posted a picture of Dark Golden Queen and Wolfgang in-game. They also said that if you preorder the dark edition, you'll get something called "the Book of Kaos"
I can't figure out how to upload images to this forum, so here's the link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG...ylandersthegame
Captainfishlip Green Sparx Gems: 415
#79 Posted: 04:16:45 05/06/2016
Just pre ordered Dark Edition! Also SirKev7 the book of Kaos is a book about all the different villains and enemies of the series by Kaos.
---
SA 31/32 SG 16/16 SF 27/32 TT 30/52 SC 9/20 SCV 3/20 SI 3/31
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#80 Posted: 05:32:50 05/06/2016
Pre-Ordered mine!
CakeMc Gold Sparx Gems: 2267
#81 Posted: 05:49:30 05/06/2016
Preordering Tommorow, Doesnt Look Like There A Preorder Bonus In Australia
---
Kaos - The Master Of All Battle Classes
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#82 Posted: 06:56:35 05/06/2016
Quote: Dark35
Wait for it Darkspyro! Skylanders 7: Gill's Revenge.

You don't put him in sky 6 you shall DIE

Erm, you DO realize that if he's the villain in Sky7, Gill Grunt can't be part of the roster there either, right? smilie
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#83 Posted: 06:57:04 05/06/2016
I'm gonna be picking this one up on launch day, although I can't say I won't be getting a Loose figure of Wolfgang for his normal color scheme (although I could probably get used to the Dark scheme, given how it's not too far off from his Evolved colors)
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#84 Posted: 07:37:45 05/06/2016
Quote: juarmo
Quote: Dark35
Wait for it Darkspyro! Skylanders 7: Gill's Revenge.

You don't put him in sky 6 you shall DIE

Erm, you DO realize that if he's the villain in Sky7, Gill Grunt can't be part of the roster there either, right? smilie

It's called Gill's Revenge because the game will be about you playing as Gill Grunt as he hunts down and kills everyone else in Skylands. The various Gill Grunt figures, including several brand new ones, will be the only figures that are compatible with the game.
---
Boop me if you see this.
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#85 Posted: 15:40:15 05/06/2016
Does anyone have an answer about whether the Dark Starter Pack is definitely a Gamestop exclusive? I have seen different opinions and wondering if anyone that has gone to GAMESTOP knows for sure.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#86 Posted: 16:41:15 05/06/2016
Quote: pezskylander
Does anyone have an answer about whether the Dark Starter Pack is definitely a Gamestop exclusive? I have seen different opinions and wondering if anyone that has gone to GAMESTOP knows for sure.

Yes. It's confirmed to be an exclusive.

Edit: *Coughs*

[User Posted Image]

First off, what's that treasure chest? Second, the Life Crystal is different.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:44:17 05/06/2016 by Chompy-King257
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#87 Posted: 16:51:09 05/06/2016
This obviously doesn't look final (looking particularly at you, non-exsisting Battle Class symbols) but... YAY!
Life crystal looks like the one of the Facebook poster! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#88 Posted: 16:53:58 05/06/2016
And the box alone makes me want to get the Dark Edition.
---
Hahahahaha
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#89 Posted: 16:54:21 05/06/2016
Quote: Drek95
This obviously doesn't look final (looking particularly at you, non-exsisting Battle Class symbols) but... YAY!
Life crystal looks like the one of the Facebook poster! smilie

Hooray! What is it with Placeholder Starter Pack images this year? Seems like the Graphic Design department was slacking off a bit this year
#90 Posted: 16:58:10 05/06/2016
Or they just want to make things as obscure and vague as they did with the pre-reveal period.
Wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway, guess that the chest will unlock some Kaos-related special parts, since it looks like the Imaginite ones.
Could be the Kaos Trap/Trophy of this year (so most likely available as single later on).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#91 Posted: 16:59:47 05/06/2016
The Dark Imaginite Chest (looks like the in-game Imaginite Chest but with black instead of purple) could be exclusive customization items, possibly including some shown on the custom in the artwork.
---
#92 Posted: 17:07:48 05/06/2016
The Dark Imaginite Chest (looks like the in-game Imaginite Chest but with black instead of purple) could be exclusive customization items, possibly including some shown on the custom in the artwork.

Could be, didn't noticed it was different from the one on the regular box.

Inb4 it is the only way to unlock quadrupeds customization. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#93 Posted: 17:28:45 05/06/2016
As mentioned in the other post, that pic has both PS and Xbox logos. This is most likely a user created / custom image. It does not look official.
---
smilie
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#94 Posted: 17:30:53 05/06/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
As mentioned in the other post, that pic has both PS and Xbox logos. This is most likely a user created / custom image. It does not look official.

But, how do you address the GLARING issue of the new Wolfgang art on the side of the box? It might not be final, but it is certainly real. Unless, this guy was a REALLY good artist
#95 Posted: 17:33:26 05/06/2016
As mentioned in the other post:

By the gaffe of xbox & ps logos. And there is no official link (like a store's site) showing where this pic originated, and not social media.
---
smilie
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#96 Posted: 17:37:03 05/06/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
As mentioned in the other post:

By the gaffe of xbox & ps logos. And there is no official link (like a store's site) showing where this pic originated, and not social media.

That does not answer the question: How do you explain the Wolfgang from a completely different angle and the new Wolfgang art?
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#97 Posted: 17:38:35 05/06/2016
Lol prove to u. All im saying is the ps and xbox logos are a big problem. They cant sell it like that. Both companies will throw big fits. The box looks custom. Not the artwork but the box as a whole. When these things are found, a link would be beneficial. There are known users on social media who love to make things (fake images) to attract attention. Remember that nitro SSC fig?
---
smilie
#98 Posted: 17:42:05 05/06/2016
Nitro SSC fig...Thats why i hold to the spiderman justice system for new sky news. smilie
---
smilie
#99 Posted: 18:18:49 05/06/2016
Quote: Drek95

Could be, didn't noticed it was different from the one on the regular box.

Upscaled + smoothed pic
[User Posted Image]
Different sword, bat wing ear things, that's about it.

EDIT: Seems those things were changed for the main starter pack as well, nevermind.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:21:38 05/06/2016 by Nightmoon
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me