First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Worst (New) Skylanders Roster?
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#51 Posted: 15:51:18 05/07/2016
I like the Bowslingers and the Magic(?) Smasher.

I think Pain-Yatta has been de-confirmed.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#52 Posted: 15:54:23 05/07/2016
He hasn't. We don't even have a villain in that list. Please stop assuming a demo is final when it isn't.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#53 Posted: 16:14:35 05/07/2016
I know, but that other Smasher looks like Magic or Undead, and if its Magic then I think that would mean Pain-Yatta is gone.

But I know your right, but I'm looking at all options.
---
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#54 Posted: 16:25:01 05/07/2016
I kinda agree with the TC here. I feel that the class gimmick really limits creative character design. That being said, there's still much we haven't seen, especially if the latest leak turns out to be outdated or otherwise wrong. I pray that it does.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#55 Posted: 16:27:34 05/07/2016
Quote: Shin Majin
I kinda agree with the TC here. I feel that the class gimmick really limits creative character design. That being said, there's still much we haven't seen, especially if the latest leak turns out to be outdated or otherwise wrong. I pray that it does.

Couldn't have said it better.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#56 Posted: 21:19:51 05/07/2016
That actually likes the roster so far? Everyone is absolutely losing their minds and ranting about how bad it is, but I honestly don't see what's so bad about it. It includes Bad Juju, who pretty much everyone wanted for the Air element. The new ones look awesome, especially the Bowslingers, Swashbucklers and Sentinels. I honestly don't see what all the commotion and hate is about. Is it just because it's not all Doom Raiders? Is it just because the Undead element is going to have 2 villain figures?

I feel like everyone needs to take a chill pill on this. This was a while ago this demo was shown. Some of the art could have been placeholders. Hood Sickle might not even be in this for all know! Let's just wait until we see an official line-up before some of us burst a blood vessel freaking out about this roster, okay?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:26:51 05/07/2016 by Chompy-King257
#57 Posted: 21:24:43 05/07/2016
I'm with ya, don't worry. But when someone decides everyone in the board needs to know how much they're overreacting, I didn't feel like posting for a while if anyone noticed the hours I disappeared, and I just discussed the new faces with other friends.
The only one who I really can't care much about is the Tech Sentinel,but even then, we've only seen her/his head. The rest might not be anything wow-worthy for now, but I could warm up to them in time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:01 05/07/2016 by Bifrost
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#58 Posted: 21:29:30 05/07/2016
"Am I the only one..." I feel like I hear this all the time, and the ones saying it never are the only ones... Plus, it makes for a pretty non-descriptive title.

Anyway, I think the roster is just fine. I already knew that some of my favorite creature types were out due to the general theme of the characters, so to me, the bar was lowered a bit, and so far, I haven't seen anything I dislike. I'm even pleasantly surprised, as I'm usually not a fan of heavy Earth characters, but I find that Tri-Tip is quite a refreshing twist on it.

Slightly let down by no Dreamcatcher, but Bajuju is the best alternative, so I'm still happy to get her. Can't say much about the faceshots we got of the new characters, but they all look decent.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#59 Posted: 21:30:22 05/07/2016
It's not a HORRIBLE roster... I mean, I really like some of the new characters that were revealed, I just wouldn't say it's the best roster of all.

Though some of the names are awful... like Tri-Tip? Ember? Ambush? Mysticat? REALLY?
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#60 Posted: 21:36:01 05/07/2016
If the new leaks are to go by, the roster is pretty 'meh' this year. Luckily there aren't any particular villains I want to be included, so I just take each one as it comes!
#61 Posted: 21:41:01 05/07/2016
I admit, I was salty. It was mostly because Dreamcatcher and Mesmeralda have been shot down in two days and I was really hyped for them, even though both weren't that likely to return. I've taken my time to cool down and I know that it could've been worse. They could've chosen Buzzer Beak instead of Bad Juju or Gulper instead of Hood Sickle and those are characters I hate! I guess I should've made a "worst case scenario" and not just get hyped for something that isn't even happening. I like Bad Juju & Hood Sickle and they're actually the best replacements for Mes & Dream.
(I actually think their figures will look amazing)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#62 Posted: 21:47:18 05/07/2016
i like the roster.

we have many new things this year.

>penguin.
>non-predatory dinosaur.
>nightmare fuel yeti.
>proof of more genie tailed beings in skylands.
>some chick with eon's helmet.
>a ****ing gormiti.
>salt party.
>orange Calhoun
>tech viking man
>green arrowy guy
>squid bayonetta
>that badass air guy
>the skeleton girl?

so yeah i'm happy. let's just hope the names for the remaining unnamed are good. (I wouldn't mind the name "Dawnbringer" for mr. nightmare yeti YOU HEARING ME TFB!?)

also, dino rang and chopper are the preds. minority in zootopia terms, so technically tri-tip has more privilege. no wonder he's a sensei, and chopper/dino rang are only cores. and they've never gotten reposes... huh. is there pred-ism is skylanders!? let's get game theory on the phone!

(just kidding i've seen zootopia too many times lol)
#63 Posted: 21:51:04 05/07/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
i like the roster.

>penguin.
>non-predatory dinosaur.
>nightmare fuel yeti.
>a ****ing gormiti.
>salt party.
>orange Calhoun
>tech viking man
>green arrowy guy
>squid bayonetta
>that badass air guy
>the skeleton girl?

so yeah i'm happy. let's just hope the names for the remaining unnamed are good. (I wouldn't mind the name "Dawnbringer" for mr. nightmare yeti YOU HEARING ME TFB!?)

also, dino rang and chopper are the preds. minority in zootopia terms, so technically tri-tip has more privilege. no wonder he's a sensei, and chopper/dino rang are only cores. and they've never gotten reposes... huh. is there pred-ism is skylanders!? let's get game theory on the phone!

by that "yeti" guy, do you mean the Light bowslinger? he's not a yeti, he's wearing a hood like spellslamzer
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#64 Posted: 22:03:17 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I said I don't like the roster a lot, it's not a big deal. I'm not saying people can't like the roster, it's just, so far, not grabbing me in any way.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#65 Posted: 22:11:53 05/07/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
i like the roster.

>penguin.
>non-predatory dinosaur.
>nightmare fuel yeti.
>a ****ing gormiti.
>salt party.
>orange Calhoun
>tech viking man
>green arrowy guy
>squid bayonetta
>that badass air guy
>the skeleton girl?

by that "yeti" guy, do you mean the Light bowslinger? he's not a yeti, he's wearing a hood like spellslamzer

yeah he's that one

pretty sure that's not a hood
#66 Posted: 22:18:24 05/07/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
i like the roster.

>penguin.
>non-predatory dinosaur.
>nightmare fuel yeti.
>a ****ing gormiti.
>salt party.
>orange Calhoun
>tech viking man
>green arrowy guy
>squid bayonetta
>that badass air guy
>the skeleton girl?

yeah he's that one

pretty sure that's not a hood

but his face is all black, so i would assume it's just like Spellslamzer or Star Strike, with his mouth and eye showing but nothing else.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#67 Posted: 22:18:58 05/07/2016
Regarding the characters we've seen in that leak, I think it's too early to tell if I'll like them or not. I need to see some gameplay of them first, or at least a figure and name reveal.

But regarding the characters that have been revealed so far I don't really have any issues with them. I like the samurai penguin, the triceratops, the forest ninja knight, and I even like Torch 2.0. Plus I'm also personally a fan of Trap Team villains getting their own figures, and of course Crash is back.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#68 Posted: 22:21:34 05/07/2016
They can also just have black fur/skin/whatever on his face. With the shading on his picture it feels like we can't see much from here.
---
#69 Posted: 22:23:20 05/07/2016
can we all just agree there is racism against predatory dinosaurs in skylanders

i mean chopper and dino rang have been shafted and tri tip just shows up one day and BOOM SENSEI
#70 Posted: 22:27:41 05/07/2016
Well, he didn't show up one day according to the backstory. There are probably a ton of weapon masters like him out in Skylands who don't want to take such a high-risk job and just train people in dojos instead, despite having great power.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:27:56 05/07/2016 by Bifrost
#71 Posted: 22:38:45 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Whoops wrong thread
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:47 05/07/2016 by Bionichute
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#72 Posted: 23:25:20 05/07/2016
Am I the only one that...

No.

I like the roster so far.
---
bye
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5772
#73 Posted: 01:58:06 06/07/2016
I'll probably like the roster of characters no matter what. Even if they screw with my head with the two things that will bug me with the villains: 2 villains of the same element*, or not having all the Doomraiders.

Sure, that's my preference (especially with a need for Dreamcatcher), but I will like all my landers the same.

*Exception if somehow we get Cortex as a guest villain. Preferably Tech element.
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#74 Posted: 05:21:09 06/07/2016
Not gonna lie, this has been the most interesting line-up since SSA for me.

Designs seem pretty solid to me, as it usually seems with TFB for me.

Edit: Please no Cortex. No Cortex. Some original TFB sensei, PLEASE.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:24:51 06/07/2016 by ZygardePerfecto
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#75 Posted: 11:16:43 06/07/2016
I have nothing against the roster, i like King-Pen, Tri-Tip, Ember and Ambush.

But I do agree that some names are awful.
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#76 Posted: 13:21:59 06/07/2016
I want to see ambush is clever due to his "bush" on his head and his sky-chi is ambushing enemies
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#77 Posted: 13:42:18 06/07/2016
Ambush is clever on the bad pun kinda way, you groan but it IS smart. Ember sounds like a name so passable. King Pen is forced, he ain't even royalty. Tri-tip... makes no sense, since he doesn't use his horns or has a triple-bladed mace.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:43:07 06/07/2016 by Bifrost
#78 Posted: 13:43:41 06/07/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Ambush is clever on the bad pun kinda way. Ember sounds like a name so passable. King Pen is forced, he ain't even royalty. Tri-tip... makes no sense, since he doesn't use his horns or has a triple-bladed mace.

tri-tip does use his horns for one attack

he can charge forward while stabbing enemies with them
---
#79 Posted: 13:46:49 06/07/2016
Yeah, but it's not like it's his "gimmick" in comparison to the mace. It fits more as an attack name.
---
#80 Posted: 13:51:12 06/07/2016 | Topic Creator
King-Pen is a really bad pun on kingpin and penguin. If they wanted to go really clever, they should have gone with an emperor penguin pun.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#81 Posted: 14:39:16 06/07/2016
i really just don't care about the roster. I also see it no better or worse then any of the other games.
I always pick just one character from each element to play as.
I never really been one to complain about the rosters in the game as long as the characters I want to play are playable.

But since you have a create a character I just see no reason to complain at all about the roster. I feel there are things much worse to complain about like so far the lack of online Vs., How traps and vehicles aren't going to mean much to most of us in this game.
But by now in the series you already have your favorite characters and there probably is at least one new character you like i think that's all that matters right now.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#82 Posted: 15:01:44 06/07/2016
I'm really liking it so far, actually.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#83 Posted: 17:01:00 06/07/2016
Eh, the new leaked characters don't look very promising to me, but of course, those are most likely just prototype images. I may not get any of the characters for this game anyway... *sigh* I'm broke.
#84 Posted: 19:10:27 06/07/2016
Quote: ZygardePerfecto
Well I liked Tri-tip and Ambush from the get-go. EMBER ON THE OTHER HAND, well lets see...........yup, I. DO. NOT. LIKE. HER. DESIGN. AT. ALL. BLEH.

Wolfgang is a must have, always will be. Honestly, I think these designs are all pretty solid. Certainly better than Swap-Force IMO.

Ember is fabulous. How dare you say such a thing about her.

Her design is better then a lot of characters actually...
---
#85 Posted: 19:15:43 06/07/2016 | Topic Creator
She and Ambush are probably the only characters I really like so far, even if they're not instant buys for me.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#86 Posted: 19:30:00 06/07/2016
Ember and Ambush are really good.

Design-wise, this is my order

Light Bowslinger
Ember
Wild Storm
Magic(?) Smasher
Ambush
---
#87 Posted: 19:30:09 06/07/2016
I don't really understand all the commotion with Ember. I mean, she's cool and all, but I really don't get why people are saying things like she's the greatest character ever and her design is so creative and so much better than anyone else's in this game. I can't help but see her as just Smolderdash and Torch combined. Sure she's a cool character that I'll look forward to using, but I'm liking the other ones like Tri-Tip and King-Pen much better.
---
#88 Posted: 19:31:57 06/07/2016
I like Ember and right now she's my favorite, but I'm sure they have far better characters in store.
#89 Posted: 19:35:48 06/07/2016
I would hope so! Light Bowslinger is looking good, but he could easily change.

Ember's attacks are what impressed me. Design is really nice too though.

I noticed that she could easily be a Swashbuckler.... smilie
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#90 Posted: 21:13:01 06/07/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: Bifrost
Tri Tip definately feels like he lacks something. His figure's pose is AMAZING, but dunno, other Earth characters always make sure to have a different color but he's all brown and yellow. Maybe if his horns were painted or something.

I actually think his pose is kinda "meh" 'coz even though it has a really good line of motion, it looks kinda like he stopped in the middle of fighting. It's just funny next to KP and GQ's figures where they're clearly in the middle of a fight and attacking. But I agree with everything else, even though he's my favorite so far because dinosaur.

Feeling that he lacks something...

Like an actual Triceratops face? not a face that looks the same as some other Skylanders?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#91 Posted: 02:31:04 07/07/2016
I just hope the water villain is cool because man that element has a sad list to choose from. Even though the majority is against him, the smilie really is our only legitimate choice imo. Threatpack was another I liked, but I want someone more unique for the water villain sensei, Chill Bill isn't all that interesting to me, Brawl and Chain I don't have to explain his shortcomings, Slobber Trap is just abysmal and Cross Crow is while cool just doesn't seem like a villain we really need.

Besides isn't this just terrible timing that two years after Trap Team we are now gonna get villain senseis? The element that practically contributed to making traps shelfwarm, thus causing us to never get the yawn traps?
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me