Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Worst (New) Skylanders Roster?
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1 Posted: 22:30:29 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm not the only person who thinks that the currently revealed characters are horribly boring right? This is the first Skylanders game to just not have a day one character that grabs me. This doesn't include Villains, though, I'm excited to play as them, it's just everyone else that's severely dampening my excitement.

Like, oooh, a Fire Samurai, that's not a thing I've seen in everything ever.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 22:33:01 01/06/2016
Nope. The designs are quite fun even if none clicked for me yet.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 22:35:49 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
None of them have the creativity of previous games, though. So far there's no guys like Dive Clops or Food Fight, there's no really weird concepts, and it just seems too... grounded. It's mostly just animals and Normal Dudes so far.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#4 Posted: 22:36:56 01/06/2016
First of all: You can make your Skylanders roster. How could you call that horribly boring?

Second of all: I love any characters who seem like the Trap Team. smilie
plebeianprint Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#5 Posted: 22:39:14 01/06/2016
Sees three figures and some in-game footage. Declares worst Skylanders line-up.

Congrats on an amazing job of internetting. Keep up the good work.

With a vivid enough imagination, and a copious amount of fantasy and sci-fi experience, it would be easy to look back on the entirety of the Skylanders line-up with disdain and criticism--but I choose not to. I'm excited for what I've seen so far from the title.
#6 Posted: 22:39:50 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
The Create-A-Character thing just seems incredibly limited to me, just not exciting at all. I tend to play Skylanders for the new characters, with the gimmicks being a secondary thing, but these are the highest form of boring Gimmicklander I can think of.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#7 Posted: 22:43:09 01/06/2016
Hold your horses, now! We have to wait for the rest of the cast to be revealed before we claim that it's the most boring roster.

I do agree that the Fire Samurai and King Pen look pretty boring, but I love both Tri-Tip and the Life Sensei! So far it's a mixed bag, but I have confidence in TFB.
plebeianprint Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#8 Posted: 22:44:08 01/06/2016
Declares that they play Skylanders for the new characters and then calls the new feature that makes, literally, millions of new characters boring.

We get it: you weren't excited for the reveal today. We were. Your insistence to rain on the parade with contradictory arguments is laughable, though. At least see some of the game before you declare a verdict.
#9 Posted: 22:46:39 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh, I am excited for the game, just a lot less excited for it than I was for basically any other game.

To put it more simply, I'm not grabbed by the customization aspect, so that leaves me with the new characters, and none of which, besides the villains interest me, purely based on what we've seen.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#10 Posted: 22:50:30 01/06/2016
I like what I've seen so far but it's too early to tell overall. I'm mostly excited about the Imaginators and what we can do with them.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#11 Posted: 22:56:27 01/06/2016
I'm usually tied to characters with simple designs, in cool poses, which is why I like King Pen, but that's just me.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
The PokemonMan Green Sparx Gems: 314
#12 Posted: 23:05:14 01/06/2016
U DONT LIKE THE CREATE A CHARACTERS IDEA

U DONT LIKE THE SENSEIS

U DONT LIKE THE VILLAINS BEING FIGURES

U R DUM
---
POKEMON SUN AND MOON
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#13 Posted: 23:09:05 01/06/2016
I kind of agree, and kind of don't. So far, the sensei skylanders just don't appeal to me much, other than villians.
However, the crystals instantly won me over despite having a limited amount to work with, the idea still looks amazing to me, and I am personally in love with this idea. There will be no one skylander that is the same, and I am probably going to end up buying at least two crystals of each element. The crystals also look appealing, and I wouldn't mind covering my tables and shelves with them!
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:54 01/06/2016 by Echo2VX
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#14 Posted: 23:13:58 01/06/2016
I feel the exact opposite superchargers roster almost was meh but I this roster is the best day 1 announced charcters since swap force imo
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#15 Posted: 23:18:51 01/06/2016
The characters are a bit too limited to being a humanish design again, but that's been happening since SF so it's not really this games fault.

Also if this penguin and a triceratops came out 2 years ago u probably wouldn't be saying their boring. these characters are fine, your probably just wanting to be wow'd which gets harder the longer you've been playing the series. Same thing that happened to 20+ year old Pokemon fans.

If anything, the villains should be what your bored of coz we've already played a basic version of the doom raiders in trap team. Their just getting upgrade able attacks and in figure form, but they are basically reposes.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:22:04 01/06/2016 by B-BOB358
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#16 Posted: 23:21:00 01/06/2016
I don't like how they are all humanoid, so basically the entire cast will be? Because it seems like the created skylanders must be. /:
#17 Posted: 23:52:35 01/06/2016
Quote: Bionichute
None of them have the creativity of previous games, though. So far there's no guys like Dive Clops or Food Fight, there's no really weird concepts, and it just seems too... grounded. It's mostly just animals and Normal Dudes so far.

To be honest I never found food fight and dive clops that amazing design wise.
But if you researched the game , you'd see that the skylanders design studio has food fight as a basic template for one of the classes and something like dive clops looks really easy to create.

There's nothing wrong with leaving us to create the weirder more specific designs we want, whereas the actually official character figures are more universally likeable . ( this is obviously the point of this game )
---
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#18 Posted: 00:02:40 02/06/2016
I find that you are being SO ridiculous after 2 days of knowing that you say that it is horrible. Wait until you play the game! I highly doubt that they are all two legged creatures so cool your jets Bionichute
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#19 Posted: 04:05:26 02/06/2016
Designs are good so far.
---
bye
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#20 Posted: 04:18:24 02/06/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
The characters are a bit too limited to being a humanish design again, but that's been happening since SF so it's not really this games fault.

Also if this penguin and a triceratops came out 2 years ago u probably wouldn't be saying their boring. these characters are fine, your probably just wanting to be wow'd which gets harder the longer you've been playing the series. Same thing that happened to 20+ year old Pokemon fans.

If anything, the villains should be what your bored of coz we've already played a basic version of the doom raiders in trap team. Their just getting upgrade able attacks and in figure form, but they are basically reposes.

Actually I got the distinction that the moves were all new and comprehensive. I wouldn't use Trap Team as how these will function. You do know that the villain movesets in TT were limited, right?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:19:02 02/06/2016 by TakeYourLemons
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#21 Posted: 04:54:05 02/06/2016
No way the new cast so far looking great. The designs are getting so creative and unique that some of these guys actually look like they came from different games. No more super generic cliche superhero designs so far and the characters are looking more magical than Skylands itself. I am totally stoked at my favorite element Undead to show their senseis and seeing the other Doom Raiders in physical form.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#22 Posted: 05:48:18 02/06/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: B-BOB358

Actually I got the distinction that the moves were all new and comprehensive. I wouldn't use Trap Team as how these will function. You do know that the villain movesets in TT were limited, right?

They definitely arnt all completely new, just look at golden queens attacks. Very familiar. And Of course I know TT attacks were limited, as why I said that " they have upgradeable attacks now " , so their newattacks are definitely gonna have more depth to them, but they all won't feel completely new unless they change them up a bit like Wolfgang with his new bow.
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#23 Posted: 07:24:46 02/06/2016
I am actually more hyped than ever for the new characters revealed. I love animal skylanders.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#24 Posted: 07:40:01 02/06/2016
We'll have to wait until we get to know the complete roster. I'm not particularly clicked by any of the senseis/villains reveal so far, but there is a lot to be reveal yet.

I love Imginators though, that winged guy with blue/golden armor and hood shown on the first second of the trailer is incredibly cool. I wish he had been a sensei to get him as a figure.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#25 Posted: 13:02:57 02/06/2016
These new characters? The so far revealed and teased ones (other than the fire guy), are characters that I think are amazing! BEST new roster is more like it.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#26 Posted: 13:33:30 02/06/2016
I absolutely don't like the fact they'll most likely be big humanoid animals or beings, that's for sure, and the fact they all have a quite evident common theme and features doesn't excite me either.

But one of the things I like about TfB is their ability to still make these humanoids unique, intriguing and special.
For example, the majority of the Trap Masters are humanoids (and just a couple of them aren't bipedal) but I never felt like they were limited: just compare Short Cut with Krypt King, or Snap Shot with Blastermind.

With Senseis, I do feel like they are less "free" but I still think this doesn't impact their overall design.
Don't stop at King Pen and Tri-Tip, look at the female Water Sensei and the Air one in the trailer, or even at the Life shaman-like creature.
I think it's waaaay to early to judge as I would have never expected certain Trap Master's designs until they got revealed or leaked.

Villains, thought... Yeah, I'm happy they have more complex movesets but I still think figures were not the best idea, traps should have been kept fully playable in my opinion.
They did come up with a pretty good story and explanation though, so it's purely a matter of subjectiveness.

I think the restricted design choice was mostly due to the Imaginators gimmick, it's like they wanted us to experiment and create the designs we truly want.
I can completely forgive them in this case, but yeah, variety is what I look for in Skylanders' figures.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:39:00 02/06/2016 by Drek95
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#27 Posted: 14:26:59 02/06/2016
I admit I don't like the fact that all new Skylanders will have one theme of design but you can't already say it's the most boring roster since there were only 3 characters officialy announced and we only got a glimpse at 4 more. I personally love Golden Queen and we all know that the best characters are the last ones to be revealed (ususally Magic, Undead & Dark have the best ones). And also, Wave 1 is big, those three are probably just a quarter of the first wave.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#28 Posted: 15:05:42 02/06/2016
For the created skylanders, there are bottoms of snake, squid, and other non 2 legged bottoms. Hoping for a four legged feature like Knight Mare and Spy Rise. Also Lightning Rod bottom would be a good option. They also have a Blastermind bottom.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#29 Posted: 22:29:04 02/06/2016
There are only 2 new characters fully revealed as for now. I'm sure that previous games had a little more. Maybe you should wait a little more.

And, as a other tough, the Skylanders designs are quite different from usual. Maybe that's a reason you didn't liked then as for now.
---
Bruh
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#30 Posted: 22:36:28 02/06/2016
I'm not completely impressed by really any yet. Maybe Wolfgang and the Life Sensei, but I'm not saying I'm not satisfied. I love the roster so far, I just haven't found my favorite yet. Too early... but heheh if Luminous comes... haha.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#31 Posted: 19:59:32 03/06/2016
No gill grunt repose this year

WORST SKYLANDER ROSTER 1967 CONFIRMED
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#32 Posted: 16:02:36 04/06/2016
Yeah to be honest i think the character roster is getting worse and worse.

Also this childish fanbase needs to learn how to accept opinions thank you.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:03:38 04/06/2016 by Kevin16
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#33 Posted: 16:14:40 04/06/2016
Like: Flamurai ( Fire sensei), Treeki (life sensei), Tri-Tip
Ok: Master King Pen
Dislik: none
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#34 Posted: 16:19:43 04/06/2016
Me personally, I really like the two Senseis we've seen, and of course the Doom Raiders are a plus.
I can totally understand not being impressed by King-Pen and Tri-Tip by what we've seen of them, but I don't think it's necessarily the time to make a final judgement on the overall roster, when we've only seen six out of twenty new characters, four of which don't have their official names revealed and only two of which have any actual gameplay shown. For all we know the Fire Samurai could wind up being one of the most fun and diverse Skylanders in existence.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#35 Posted: 20:25:36 04/06/2016
Like: air sensei, king pen, water sensei, life sensei, golden queen
Eh: wolfgang, tri tip, fire sensei
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#36 Posted: 20:32:33 04/06/2016
Imo, having any new Skylanders this time around (I can make an exception for the former villians) is just money grubbing. The focus of the game is creating your own Skylanders, we don't need another 31 figures, especially if they're gonna keep moving towards the "you need 1 of everything for 100% completion" model like SuperChargers pulled.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
#37 Posted: 20:34:04 04/06/2016
Tri Tip definately feels like he lacks something. His figure's pose is AMAZING, but dunno, other Earth characters always make sure to have a different color but he's all brown and yellow. Maybe if his horns were painted or something.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#38 Posted: 20:35:03 04/06/2016
Quote: AzarianGO
Imo, having any new Skylanders this time around (I can make an exception for the former villians) is just money grubbing. The focus of the game is creating your own Skylanders, we don't need another 31 figures, especially if they're gonna keep moving towards the "you need 1 of everything for 100% completion" model like SuperChargers pulled.

Technically that model's been the case ever since Swap Force.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#39 Posted: 20:41:37 04/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Tri Tip definately feels like he lacks something. His figure's pose is AMAZING, but dunno, other Earth characters always make sure to have a different color but he's all brown and yellow. Maybe if his horns were painted or something.

when you tri your best but you don't succeeeeeeeeeeed
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#40 Posted: 20:43:01 04/06/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

You only needed 8 Swappers and the level packs, so long as you bought the right ones.
Super chargers requires you to have every character, and their vehicle, for the SuperCharger challenges. The challenges are minor, but you can't have 100% completion without them.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
#41 Posted: 20:45:00 04/06/2016
Considering the Smasher Shrine isn't tied to Tri Tip but to his weapon, it'll probably be like Trap Team where you need only half(in this case third) of the skylanders.

That said, the Shrines only unlock their special, so they're useless to players who don't have that character anyway; it's not like in TT where you miss out on entire areas.
---
#42 Posted: 20:50:18 04/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Tri-Tip is also just a horrible, low effort name. Definitely one of the worst.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#43 Posted: 20:51:19 04/06/2016

when you tri your best but you don't succeeeeeeeeeeed
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#44 Posted: 20:52:54 04/06/2016

I prefer `Tri-top', at the very least. Maybe they were trying to make all the new Sensei names double barrelled?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:41 04/06/2016 by yelvy
#45 Posted: 21:26:34 04/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Tri-Top at least sounds better.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Luluque Red Sparx Gems: 87
#46 Posted: 04:44:34 05/06/2016
The villains will make it for me. How many skylanders are confirmed ?
4 ?
1. Wolfgang
2. Master king Pen
3. Tri Top
4. The Golden Queen

I agree with you guys : Tri Top and Master King Pen are'nt the best looking skylanders.
---
“I think I've discovered the secret of life -- you just hang around until you get used to it.”
― Charles M. Schulz
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#47 Posted: 06:18:05 05/06/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

You only needed 8 Swappers and the level packs, so long as you bought the right ones.
Super chargers requires you to have every character, and their vehicle, for the SuperCharger challenges. The challenges are minor, but you can't have 100% completion without them.

How is that really any different than heroic challenges in SSA and Giants, though?

At least the Superchargers challenges are limited to a certain character and vehicle, so if you don't even like that character or vehicle enough to buy them then it's no huge loss. But the heroic challenges were available to everybody and gave stat boosts, so that's a lot of content that you needed to buy every figure for.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#48 Posted: 15:43:52 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Bringing this back because every character so far that isn't a villain looks bad
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me