Page 1 of 1
Imaginators' function in game?
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#1 Posted: 19:52:15 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
If anyone can clarify that'd be great. Do the characters you create actually have a function in the game? Something only they can do? I know what the Senseis can do, but I mean the Imaginators. If not then I honestly can't see myself buying a single crystal, as my girlfriend is buying the starter back this year and gets its contents.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 19:53:21 01/06/2016
they're just there for the purpose of making yo' own. i think.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#3 Posted: 19:57:34 01/06/2016
They'll probably have special functions in the game, but it hasn't been detailed yet. How important these functions will be though, remains to be known.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 20:00:26 01/06/2016
As long as they're not all required for completition(like the villain quest stars), it'll be better than what TT did. One required for 100% is fine, but not looking foward to making characters of elements I don't care about for a hat or something.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 20:04:50 01/06/2016
All they do is look cool in game. They are basically Core Skylanders, but you can make them!
#6 Posted: 20:10:18 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the answers everyone. Looks like I'll be saving myself $100 from not buying one of each element.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#7 Posted: 20:16:49 01/06/2016
Until you break and have to buy one.
#8 Posted: 20:21:21 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: 4inCreation

I won't "break". If they announce a good enough function for them then I'll buy them. But unless they do that, then I won't have a single one on my shelf. I'll just get the Senseis I want to use for this game. They are the ones with the real functionality it seems.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#9 Posted: 20:36:03 01/06/2016
Quote: GinjaNinja
Quote: 4inCreation

I won't "break". If they announce a good enough function for them then I'll buy them. But unless they do that, then I won't have a single one on my shelf. I'll just get the Senseis I want to use for this game. They are the ones with the real functionality it seems.

I can see how this could be ultra cool for younger kids, but I'm in the boat with you. I may buy one or two for my kids (they'll pick the element) but I'm more interested in the content. I'm hoping they're not thinking the replay factor is me creating and playing with my own skylanders....but I have a feeling they missed the boat again on the content boat. I have 300 skylanders and that won't help me with replayability at all.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#10 Posted: 20:51:30 01/06/2016
Yeah but when people demand this we get Traptanium Gates, then people complain they have to buy it. Can't live with them, can't live without them?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:51 01/06/2016 by Bifrost
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#11 Posted: 20:56:19 01/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah but when people demand this we get Traptanium Gates, then people complain they have to buy it. Can't live with them, can't live without them?

Very true! I like that these are optional things that don't affect the gameplay much. It's a fun thing that you can do if you feel like it. I'm personally going to make a whole buncha Skylanders while I can! I'm creative like that. I hope there is more to do in this game if they are giving us the opportunity to make so many characters.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#12 Posted: 20:58:07 01/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost

I don't think they're hearing me correctly then. Paywalls I do not want....I want great after game modes or innovation in the game to promote replayability---random generated levels, random enemy placement, more intelligent AI etc. But I hear what you're saying.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me