darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders Imaginators possibly the last game?
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Imaginators possibly the last game? [CLOSED]
PopFizzFan5 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#1 Posted: 21:16:07 31/05/2016 | Topic Creator
The new Skylanders looks great!we can make our own skylanders and play as villains again!these 2 parts make me think that Skylanders Imaginators will be the final game.first off the Villains.The villains are now Skylanders.now why would they make villains Skylanders? Unless they are running out of ideas and made them new skylanders. Next the ability to make our own skylanders.wouldn't they just make new Skylanders instead of us making them ourselves? This is another sign that they may be running out of ideas and this will be the last game. What do you guys think? Is Skylanders Imaginators the last Skylanders game?
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2 Posted: 21:37:25 31/05/2016
Maybe not the last, but it does seem clear with this game that they may not have as many ideas anymore. The series might be dying ... but I think there will still be another game or two.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3 Posted: 21:39:13 31/05/2016
Running out of ideas hasn't stopped Call of Duty from continuing. As long as the series is making money, it'll keep making games.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#4 Posted: 21:41:34 31/05/2016
The sales will determine the future of the franchise. I just don't think there will be another game. Sales have dropped steadily since Swap Force. The TV show may give it a boost, but not much more than the sales for SC. And, that's if sales even exceed SC sales. Don't see too many parents jumping on the bandwagon seeing how long it's been running.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#5 Posted: 21:41:39 31/05/2016
Will people please shut up about running out of ideas? That isn't a thing. People have been saying this since Swap Force and it didn't happen, so it's not going to happen now.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#6 Posted: 21:44:07 31/05/2016
It would be a fitting way to end the series, but at the same time this series has become part of me as a gamer, and I'd hate to see it go.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#7 Posted: 21:45:44 31/05/2016
They have TONS of ideas to choose from. They are NOT running out of ideas
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#8 Posted: 21:46:05 31/05/2016
Its basically the same as saying that Pokemon is running out of ideas. Ideas aren't a tangible thing, there's an infinite spectrum of ideas that you simple can't think of.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#9 Posted: 21:47:45 31/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Will people please shut up about running out of ideas? That isn't a thing. People have been saying this since Swap Force and it didn't happen, so it's not going to happen now.

booyah
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#10 Posted: 21:49:57 31/05/2016
Yeah, they arnt out of ideas. If we can think of new ideas, the company probably had those years ago.

But this game sounds like more of a long term game, then just apart of the yearly turn over cycle.

I don't think this game will end the series, but it might be a turning point to not produce a new game every single year.

They wouldn't end the series now after bringing out this probably amazing new game, starting a TV show and starting up apps like battlecast again. This year is turning more into a skylanders resurgence if anything.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#11 Posted: 21:50:19 31/05/2016
With a create your own skylander feature... the feature I've BEEN waiting for! it sounds like a skylander game to go out on but now makes me look forward to the future as well.
I wasn't thrilled about Swap Force, Trap team or superchargers but now i'm super excited for this game.. I just hope it lets me create human characters.
But I almost may never play an official skylander again...
#12 Posted: 21:57:33 31/05/2016
That's something I'm struggling with too. But maybe their future plan is to phase out producing alot of new characters . Let us do the character design work for them lol.
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#13 Posted: 22:13:45 31/05/2016
well that brings a fear too that maybe your created characters won't be supported in future skylander games like the traps in superchargers or the vehicles in this one. That happens though I will be very angry.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#14 Posted: 22:20:46 31/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost

The only tinge of truth to this is the fact that we're re-using a crystal concept to control some aspect of gameplay. In my mind, if they can't expand beyond a simple platform game then that adds more credence to this. They may be simply too scared to make changes to it and it's being perceived as "out of ideas", but I get where it's coming from.

Jury's totally out for me though. I generally think this entry will be more positive than the last, though. And the proof is indeed in the pudding. Given Infinity's departure and what appears to be a good idea this time around I suspect we'll turn the tide on a positive side. The show will help.

Based on the past, if the gimmick landers are based on these crystals it indeed will be an interesting thing if they will port this forward. But we're getting too far ahead of ourselves since Sky 7 has not been confirmed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:26:35 31/05/2016 by TakeYourLemons
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#15 Posted: 22:20:57 31/05/2016
I doubt it, we've had this same topic every year since Trap Team.
#16 Posted: 22:26:55 31/05/2016
Quote: Street50
well that brings a fear too that maybe your created characters won't be supported in future skylander games like the traps in superchargers or the vehicles in this one. That happens though I will be very angry.

Well yeah I wouldn't really expect them to be anyway unless they keep the character design studio as a core game concept . They arnt official characters, they're probably just a fun thing to make and play with in this game. it's time you excepted the gimics for what they are lol .
---
#17 Posted: 22:30:31 31/05/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons

The only tinge of truth to this is the fact that we're re-using a crystal concept to control some aspect of gameplay. In my mind, if they can't expand beyond a simple platform game then that adds more credence to this. They may be simply too scared to make changes to it and it's being perceived as "out of ideas", but I get where it's coming from.

Jury's totally out for me though. I generally think this entry will be more positive than the last, though. And the proof is indeed in the pudding. Given Infinity's departure and what appears to be a good idea this time around I suspect we'll turn the tide on a positive side. The show will help.

Based on the past, if the gimmick landers are based on these crystals it indeed will be an interesting thing if they will port this forward. But we're getting too far ahead of ourselves since Sky 7 has not been confirmed.

Well, people have this idea that one day you simply run out of talent, it's stupid but it's engraved in people's minds. I always say and other artists/creators as well, you just stop filtering out bad ideas, or lose their motivation to polish an ok idea into a better one. For example, it's been 20 years and we still get good Pokémon like Rowlet; even if maybe in a few years they'll start doing anything to save up time, that doesn't mean there suddenly won't be an opportunity for good ones.

Though from what I've seen bringing it up for Imaginators is feeling like a copout because they want to hate it(not here though,but the subreddit ooooh boy), we don't even have 100% release info yet. When you have a character creator AND standard characters it just means that you have enough assets for the former, just like fighting games where you have so many NPC battles you can put them into models without a hitch.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:31:04 31/05/2016 by Bifrost
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#18 Posted: 22:50:30 31/05/2016
I doubt it. I'm confident Vicarious Visions is working on Skylanders 7 right now.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#19 Posted: 22:52:58 31/05/2016
It's going to be hard to top this gimmick moving forward
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#20 Posted: 23:05:51 31/05/2016
Quote: Snap Shot

I would argue that instead of making customizable skylanders a gimmick specialized to another paywall they should just GIVE IT TO US as a new feature of each new skylander this year moving forward. My opinion. To me it's a feature that would be a gamechanger to use Eric's words a few years ago. But we still need serious gameplay enhancements. If they don't make some serious changes to the platformer itself, I'm not sure how this will make me want to play the same level over and over again. This is what they missed HARDCORE in SC and we've been complaining about it here for years. I gots 300 skylanders...that doesn't mean the game is going to be MORE FUN. You have to find inventive ways in the game ITSELF to make it so. I hope they finally figured that out.

If not, then I'm sure they can top this year's effort no problem.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:09:42 31/05/2016 by TakeYourLemons
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#21 Posted: 23:11:54 31/05/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Snap Shot

I would argue that instead of making customizable skylanders a gimmick specialized to another paywall they should just GIVE IT TO US as a new feature of each new skylander this year moving forward. My opinion. To me it's a feature that would be a gamechanger to use Eric's words a few years ago. But we still need serious gameplay enhancements. If they don't make some serious changes to the platformer itself, I'm not sure how this will make me want to play the same level over and over again. This is what they missed HARDCORE in SC and we've been complaining about it here for years. I gots 300 skylanders...that doesn't mean the game is going to be MORE FUN. You have to find inventive ways in the game ITSELF to make it so. I hope they finally figured that out.

If not, then I'm sure they can top this year's effort no problem.

We need a more extensive version of the Kaos Doom Challenge and Arena Modes. That will keep me coming back after the main story mode. Maybe a Boss Rush mode? Who knows at this point. We just need something to use our various toys on.
#22 Posted: 23:18:26 31/05/2016
Boss Rush yeeeesss. I think TT was the only one with enough bosses to really afford one, but who knows, they could try this now and have a separate instance fighting the major bosses in some arena.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me