darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Top 10 Most Forgettable Skylanders + Why (Opinion)
Page 1 of 1
Top 10 Most Forgettable Skylanders + Why (Opinion)
The PokemonMan Green Sparx Gems: 314
#1 Posted: 19:58:25 27/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Naming our most forgettable Skylanders will help show us what Activision's mistakes were and what not to do for next time! Plus we get to look over lists of Skylanders and say "OH YEAH! I REMEMBER THAT GUY!" Here are the TOP 10 most forgettable skylanders in my opinion from the least forgettable to the most:

10. Fright Rider
Let's face it, This was one of the coolest skylanders during Giants, and Activision needs to bring him back!!!!

9. Kaboom
This guy is the worst Trap Team member, Boring Design is why I forget about him

8. Wham-Shell
Other than a lightcore, Activision hasn't brought him back for years and I actually find him to be quite interesting! Too Bad I can't find him in stores anymore

7. Wrecking Ball
One of the funniest characters in the GAME! He needs to be remade or be a Series 3!

6. Sprocket
Never Had Her!! Seemed pretty good though!

5. Sonic Boom
I never had her, but she needs to be brought back! Honestly, I COMPLETELY forgot about this character

4. Stump Smash
VERY boring design! It is literally just a talking tree with legs, a face and stump hands

3. Lightning Rod
I completely forgot about him until the Cloud Kingdom Level in Superchargers

2. Wind-Up
I Honestly have no Idea how I forgot about him! Probably because I don't have him

1. Boomer
THIS GUY MUST BE BROUGHT BACK!!!!!!! He had one of the funniest personalities in the game! If they brought him back, I'd want him to be revamped though, cause he didn't have a wide variety of moves!

Those are my most forgettable Skylanders (Not anymore cause I remembered them all). What about Your's!!!
---
POKEMON SUN AND MOON
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 20:06:58 27/05/2016
You named a bunch of popular characters and that you like and they're forgettable? You're making little sense.

Scorp and Grilla Drilla for the Dreamworks genericness to the max, Lightning Rod for most people wanting to forget his Series 2 figure on purpose, Stump Smash for being overshadowed by Tree Rex and Bumble Blast in pretty much every way,can't remember many others with specific reasoning.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#3 Posted: 20:17:02 27/05/2016
Fist Bump is my most forgettable.

I'm not a big fan of Earth-Landers so most of them don't really come to mind, and whenever I see him I'm reminded that he exists. I'm pretty sure there were too many skylanders in Trap Team seeing how I can't think and name them all within a short span of time.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#4 Posted: 20:18:22 27/05/2016
10. Slobber Tooth
Never played a lot with him and he just overall has a boring design.

9. Double Trouble
Only played with him and SSA and never thought about him since Giants.

8. Ignitor
I actually really like him, but he would probably be one of the last Fire Skylanders I'd name.

7. Sonic Boom
Bought her soon before Giants so she got lost in the new figures, though I was never a big fan of her anyway.

6. Drill Sergeant
I don't remeber him having fans at all. He was just a small character in the roster.

5. Prism Break
One of my least favorite characters and no one's talking about him either.

4. Slam Bam
He did have fans, but same as with Prism Break he got forgotten.

3. Flameslinger
One of my first characters and a big part of my SSA playthrough, though since then he never came to my mind as a returning character.

2. Countdown
Also one of my less favorized characters. Never really really thought about him because there were so many better characters in SF.

1. Fright Rider
Hate him, don't want him back. Boring gameplay, even though he has an unique design. He was a quick buy and mostly overshadowed by Eye-Brawl (bought them at the same time).

I overall remeber the characters I used far too much in their games the best (Hex, Stealth Elf, Ninjini, Sprocket, Smolderdash, Star Strike, Gearshift, Deja Vu, Nightfall, Splat)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:21:22 27/05/2016 by Deja Vu
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#5 Posted: 20:22:55 27/05/2016
AKA just a load of characters from the first two games that hardly got reposes.

But anyway, I seem to forget about most of the Trap Masters. Almost everything from TT, actually. >_<

*Also, it's 'yours', not 'your's'
The PokemonMan Green Sparx Gems: 314
#6 Posted: 20:23:48 27/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote:
You named a bunch of popular characters and that you like and they're forgettable? You're making little sense.

I forget some popular characters because I do not have them!!! I looked over a list and when they came back to mind I was like "Some of these are actually pretty good!" REMEMBER THIS IS MY OPINION
---
POKEMON SUN AND MOON
#7 Posted: 20:25:20 27/05/2016
Well, it's your opinion, but I don't get it one bit. *shrug*
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#8 Posted: 20:30:34 27/05/2016
Basically every core Skylander from giants, aside from Sprocket.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#9 Posted: 20:38:57 27/05/2016
I don't exactly have a specific order, but I find that Zap, Warnado, Ghost Roaster, Chill, Star Strike, Rubble Rouser, Zoo Lou, Hot Head, Zook and Swarm were easily forgotten.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 21:38:15 27/05/2016
cobra cadabra is pretty forgettable. his weird "attack to the beat" thing makes him kinda... hard to use? As much of a unique design he is, i can't see him returning sadly.

i literally just remembered that freeze blade exists.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#11 Posted: 21:49:38 27/05/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
cobra cadabra is pretty forgettable. his weird "attack to the beat" thing makes him kinda... hard to use? As much of a unique design he is, i can't see him returning sadly.

Hey man, don't be dissing Freeze Blade! He's my favorite Swapper

Anyway... Riptide, Echo, Trail Blazer and Free Ranger are the most boring Skylanders to me.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#12 Posted: 22:22:11 27/05/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

I'll be honest, his attack to the beat was just poorly done.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#13 Posted: 22:53:16 27/05/2016
I don't forget anybody because this franchise is my life. I do admit some are not as memorable as others, but this series has some of the most fun, unique and diverse characters I have ever seen and would hate to lose it.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#14 Posted: 23:14:36 27/05/2016
My Top Three Most Forgettable:
(Too lazy to do 10.)
(This isn't counting SuperChargers and Minis, they're all forgettable to me. smilie)

3. smilie Cynder
Now, before I get ranted at for being a "Spyro Hater," let me explain. Let's be honest, she is left very plain and hard to use by the Skylanders developers. I mean, she seems the same with every remake. I wish I could say differently, but she is just very forgettable in Skylanders.

2. smilie Jawbreaker
He is a very unoriginal character, in my opinion; at least his moveset. Punch punch punch punch punch... I just personally do not take interest in this. His unoriginality often leads me to leave him unplayed.

1. smilie Shroomboom
There are little amounts of attention put towards him. Despite his Lightcore and Series 2, he is rarely mentioned or shown on the Fandoms and by the Skylanders developers. Plus, I personally have never had much interest in him.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#15 Posted: 23:54:24 27/05/2016
My list consists of some of the Trap Masters I didn't get:

Jawbreaker: as stated above punch, punch, punch is extremely bland
Kaboom: also mentioned before, really boring design/gameplay wise
Tuff Luck: *cough* definitely not a stealth elf clone *cough*

I can't forget any of the Swap Force because I love them all :3
Can't forget the Giants because I ike them all as well (though I hated Hot Head when Giants was still popular)

In terms of Cores, I've admittedly forgotten a few....
Deja Vu
Torch
Trail Blazer
Echo
Punk Shock
Riptide
Slobber Tooth
Zoo Lou
Dune Bug
Rocky Roll
High Five
Tread Head

I find it kinda weird how most of those are from TT seeing as I really liked that game...
#16 Posted: 00:10:01 28/05/2016
I think the issue with the TT guys is that a ton were introduced at once. They're mostly new, so no Series+ for you to ignore, so it overwhelmed a lot of people. I like them all and I still have trouble remembering them because I'll mistake one for the other - lost count of how many times I kept asking myself if Rocky Roll had maces for arms.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#17 Posted: 01:05:24 28/05/2016
I like Jawbreaker. His simplicity is charming to me, IDK. Granted, I haven't played as him since I sold Trap Team, but whatever!
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#18 Posted: 01:32:35 28/05/2016
Swarm
Fright Rider
Sprocket
Spy Rise
Lob Star
Ka-Boom
Bushwhack
Blastermind
Fist Bump
Cobra Cadabra

• I would most certainly have forgotten about Gill Grunt by now if they didn't keep remaking him.
  • Most of these characters are just here because I never saw them much at all, and don't like the designs, so I forget them easily.
  • The same thing goes for quite a few others, but you asked for a top 10.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#19 Posted: 08:03:22 28/05/2016
I couldn't name 10 because I already forgot them. smilie Honestly I had to check the posters out and this is my list. I had over 40 of them!

• Thumpback
  • Crusher
  • Hot Head
  • Lob-Star
  • Wildfire
  • Thunderbolt
  • Jawbreaker
  • Wallop
  • Krypt King
  • Fryno
  • Food Fight
  • Fling Kong
  • Blades
  • (Just about every mini Skylander)
  • Rocky Roll
  • Funny Bone
  • Fist Bump
  • Chopper
  • Trail Blazer
  • Dune Bug
  • Hoot Loop
  • Freeze Blade
  • Rip Tide
  • Wham-Shell
  • Countdown Wind-Up
  • Doom Stone
  • Rubble Rouser
  • Scorp
  • Slobber Tooth
  • Warnado
  • Pop Thorn
  • Bumble Blast
  • Grilla Drilla
  • Chop Chop
  • Grim Creeper
  • Fire Kraken
  • Blast Zone
  • Ignitor

Did you notice that there are no females in my list? I cannot forget a waifu! All of the ones here I just don't care for and I will never play with other than to register them into my new game. It's why I felt no desire to buy most of the SC characters as those are also ones I'll never use and will completely forget about in another year.

Actually it was two weekends ago where I found a box of Skylanders at a garage sale and I totally forgot about Voodood existing. I was like, "crap, is that a new Skylander!?" Then I saw the Giants base and I remembered that I must own it as I have all characters from the first three games. I thought to myself, "oh, it was only what's his name...Lob Goblin!" and I went away. LOL!
---
Stay Cool!
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#20 Posted: 08:03:28 28/05/2016
Batspin. (Forgot about her till I saw her in the bargain bin in toys r us)
Blastermind (Was the weakest trap master for me. Bland design and powers)
Fright Rider (I have him, sadly I rarely use him as I forget about him a lot)
Coba Cadabra (He has a great design and is very creative, but I never get to see him around)
Drill Sergeant (I like this skylander, but he's hardly ever seen)
Tree Rex (He is really forgettable, if you mention giants I'll know who he is, but often it takes a while for me to remember him)
Prsim Break (I always wanted this skylander, sadly I still don't have him. He just was forgotten after swapforce (I think))
Jaw Breaker (His design is boring, his powers are boring)
Slobber Tooth (I've always been a bit off about this skylander. When launch day came and I had the choice between him and zooloo I choose zooloo in a heart beat)
High Five (Did not remember him till I did a google search on the skylander fly with wings)
Dune Bug (This guy was really boring, I don't really remember him, not even his design! Just his name)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#21 Posted: 16:14:02 29/05/2016
Interesting that very few people actually remembered of Thunderbolt to include him.

Quote: fairyland
Did you notice that there are no females in my list? I cannot forget a waifu!

Female Skylanders are rare occasions, so everyone remembers of those ones.

Fun little useless fact: For some time I tough that Sonic Boom was male.
---
Bruh
#22 Posted: 16:28:06 29/05/2016
Quote: Crash10

Hehe me too! And I thought Sunburn was a girl until I actually got his figure smilie
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#23 Posted: 17:02:04 29/05/2016
I thought Whirlwind was a male when I first got the game :3 smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#24 Posted: 17:14:18 29/05/2016
Em I dunno
I don't remember most of the Trap Teams cores, seems like a few other are the same.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#25 Posted: 17:39:28 29/05/2016
Quote: Luminous35
I thought Whirlwind was a male when I first got the game :3 smilie

I thought that too until I got her and I didn't know Sonic Boom was female until Giants smilie
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#26 Posted: 17:51:07 29/05/2016
I think I remember all of the characters from SSA and mostly from Giants ... but after those two games I sort of stopped paying attention to the games so I don't remember most of those characters. I think the only that I do remember (off the top of my head) are Splat, Echo, Blades, Fiesta, Chill, Scratch, Star Strike and High-Five .... haha.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#27 Posted: 19:31:50 29/05/2016
I wonder if the fact that these were among the last to be released for their respective games plays a role in forgetting them. Since many of us have finished the game and did not get a real chance to play them before other "favorites" were established.
Anyway
Warnado
Ninjini
Doom Stone
Enigma
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#28 Posted: 20:03:43 29/05/2016
These Trap Team ones like for example Thread Head, Rocky Roll and stuff (i don't like them that much maybe thats why, also never got them)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#29 Posted: 20:49:16 29/05/2016
Riptide rules them all
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#30 Posted: 03:27:04 30/05/2016
Quote: yelvy
Quote: Crash10

Hehe me too! And I thought Sunburn was a girl until I actually got his figure smilie

Scratch was a forgetable generic "male" Skylander for me. I've been kicking myself for not getting her sooner, as she turned out to be really awesome, like Catgirl Peach in Super Mario 3D World game. MEEEOW!

Echo was another one that I thought was a forgettable male, but turned out to be way cool. The dragons always trick me as they could be either. Zap could just as well be a female if he had a set of girly eyes.
---
Stay Cool!
#31 Posted: 07:57:11 30/05/2016
Zap X Echo forever <3

Anyway, I missed out on Scratch as well. Only figure that I've really regretted not buying smilie
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#32 Posted: 09:29:54 30/05/2016
I don't know, because I've probably already forgotten about him.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#33 Posted: 12:22:27 30/05/2016
I thought Bash and Zap were girls when I first played SSA. Also thought Drobot was genderless like a robot. Oh, and Dark Spyro was a female character separate from normal Spyro. (Since I had no idea of the canon, I made up completely different personalities for my first SSA crew. Good times.)

As for 'forgettable' Skylanders, the Swappers all seem a bit much of a muchness to me. I think it's because the restrictions on body shape and size means they don't have very distinctive silhouettes a lot of the time. And swapping their top and bottom halves quite literally mixes them up!

Of course I've probably forgotten any truly forgettable Skylanders, but there's no time rn to pull out my figures and refresh my memory : )
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#34 Posted: 13:08:05 30/05/2016
So here are mine (I don't have all TT Skylanders so I might miss some)

10) Countdown - I love this guy, but nobody talked about him after his initial release, and suffered Wave 1 Syndrome

9) Torch - I have never played with her since she was first released

8) Zap - It always feels weird using him in newer games, because by newer game standards, he doesn't feel Skylandery

7) Drobot - He only ever had one useful attack, and as a result he was a boring character

6) Popthorn - He was overshadowed as a character by his adventure pack, and his attack strategy was too varied to spend any extended amount of time on

5) Zook - He just was so goofy looking, he was forgotten

4) Chill - I think her personality as a Skylander didn't work, and her humanoid look was boring

3) Jet-Vac - Was a bit to generic of a design, and the fact he was in the most boring element

2) Chop Chop - His sheild was kinda worthess unless you upagrade it a certain way. Any attack you need to take damage to use isn't worth it

1) Hoot Loop - His attacks always felt a bit week, and the fact his tertiary didn't do that much made an amazing concept for a character incredibly underwhelming
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Luluque Red Sparx Gems: 87
#35 Posted: 15:19:25 31/05/2016
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

10) Countdown - I love this guy, but nobody talked about him after his initial release, and suffered Wave 1 Syndrome

What do you want to mean by "wave 1 syndrome".
I'm kinda new to the skylanders universe since the trap team.

I do not like Stump smash. It is slow and skills seem to have no symbioses, making it weak and easily forgettable. Without forgetting its design: a tree with hammers for arms.
---
“I think I've discovered the secret of life -- you just hang around until you get used to it.”
― Charles M. Schulz
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#36 Posted: 16:55:15 31/05/2016
Well, I can only speak for the Skylanders of the first two games since I stopped with Giants due to financial restrictions, but my most forgettable (in no order):

-Zook (don't like his design and never had much fun with him; in fact, I'm not sure if I remember what his attacks are)
-Slam Bam (I don't use him much, not a big fan of his attacks I guess)
-Prism Break (he's kinda slow and his attacks aren't the best)
-Flameslinger (I don't really like his attacks either so I don't use him much)
-Boomer (again, his attacks are boring to me)
-Drill Sergeant (he's slow and I just don't tend to use him much; his attacks are a bit generic I think)
-Stump Smash (not a fan of his attacks really)
-Swarm (he can be fun to play since his attacks are okay and he's kinda fast... when I remember that I have him)
-Crusher (painfully slow to move and to attack; not a big fan)
-Sprocket (I don't care much for her design and I don't like her second attack at all, I almost never use it)
-Shroomboom (his attacks aren't that great imo)
-Jet-Vac (again, meh attacks and I find he gets overshadowed easily by the other air Skylanders like Whirlwind and Sonic Boom)
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:06:37 31/05/2016 by LevanJess
#37 Posted: 17:12:19 31/05/2016
Quote: Luluque
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

What do you want to mean by "wave 1 syndrome".
I'm kinda new to the skylanders universe since the trap team.

I do not like Stump smash. It is slow and skills seem to have no symbioses, making it weak and easily forgettable. Without forgetting its design: a tree with hammers for arms.

Wave 1 Syndrome means that characters which were released at the release of the game are forgotten very quickly since there are a lot of characters on release and there are still better ones coming.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#38 Posted: 01:10:14 01/06/2016
Activision be like "Spyro"
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me