darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > The Chances for Sky 6 on Older Gen Consoles
Page 1 of 1
The Chances for Sky 6 on Older Gen Consoles [CLOSED]
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#1 Posted: 15:07:51 23/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm wondering if this is the year we'll see support drop for the older gen systems?

The Wii especially seems questionable because it's so old, but then again we're told it's one of their best sellers as all the kiddies seem to have a Wii but not a Wii U even to this rather late date. Some year that has to change and the target group of youngsters won't have a Wii at all. It could be that they all own tablets and phones to game on instead and consoles are more of an older child thing, one who isn't into Skylanders as much.

360 and PS3 sales were always a bit lower in comparison because of age demographics and such. Still they have been selling better than Xbone and PS4 though. It's pretty obvious that there will be a release for those systems but they could end up having one of the last 10 games ever released if not this year, then surely next year. They will have to eventually give up and drop support but it's hard if people are so slow moving going to the next gen.

The 3DS is always iffy. Like why do they even bother? They are never discussed here nor are beloved. Often they are forgotten about entirely. I guess sales justify a token release but it seems a bit silly as they are obviously trying to focus in on the mobile market.

So I guess chances are probably 25% for the Wii as they really shouldn't, but they may deem it profitable still. 99.9% chance for the 360/PS3 although people really should be moving on to the newer gen by now and not count on the series being there for them for much longer. And 50% chance for the 3DS as not many would give a care or perhaps even notice either way if they do or don't.
---
Stay Cool!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 15:11:49 23/05/2016
3DS is beloved, c'mon, the side stories are even canon and confirmed as of SC. Or do you think TT3DS' online survived until real online kicked in on luck?

I hope they'll do like SC and have the side story be Wii and handheld, maybe even the last gens as well if they have the risk of being cut.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#3 Posted: 16:05:56 23/05/2016
Seeing how they have released the games for every single console avalaible (I think even PCs got SA but due to some hacking issues the ydecided not to release it again for windows ) in the past years I suspect they're gonna do that until the old generation technically struggles to deal with the quality standards they aim to deliver for the new gen. I don't think we are at that point yet, but we'll probaly be there in one or two years.

As you know the Wii got a " simplified" version last year's, so that's another option when eventually the above issue happens.

Being extremely selfish, I would love them to not focus a lot of old generation as I got the feeling this may hold them back to deliver as much technical excellency as they would like for the latest consoles. However, I don't want people who doesn't own a ps4, xbox ones or even Wii U to miss the game, so I'll shut up until next year.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#4 Posted: 16:40:41 23/05/2016
Maybe like TT, where the game for the Wii comes with free version for the Wii U. But no idea how it is at the PS3/PS4, the XBOX 360 portals don't work at the XBOX One.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#5 Posted: 17:20:46 23/05/2016
No more Wii. NX is coming out next March, Supporting Wii, Wii U and NX at the same time with Sky 7 would be insane of them.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#6 Posted: 17:41:44 23/05/2016
I would hope to god that they ditch the Wii. Still expecting 360 and PS3 versions though. 3DS is a maybe.
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#7 Posted: 17:55:11 23/05/2016
There will definitely 360 and PS3 versions. There will probably be a 3DS version. As for the Wii, I'd doubt it, but I said that about Skylanders 5 before Superchargers was announced too.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#8 Posted: 18:33:28 23/05/2016
I believe this is the year where the Wii support needs to stop. I can see them doing the 360 and PS3 for a couple more years, but the Wii really needs to go. Honestly, their support for the Wii should've already stopped a couple of years ago. If they did another "simplified" game like Racing this year, that'd be fine, but at this point I think it would be better to just drop it altogether and stop putting resources into it, which could instead be used for other things, like making a better, more refined main game. And there's also the fact that the NX is coming next year. At this point, continuing to put resources into the Wii is like beating a dead horse.
---
Purple dragon.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#9 Posted: 19:01:31 23/05/2016
On the other site they would have much more capabilities if they would make the game/s only for the PS4/XBOX One and NX. So they must look every year once more what is possible and what's not with the limited power of the last gen consoles. Or what they can't still support. So I'am almost sure that we would have full trap support (incl. villains) if they had devolped SC only for the next gen consoles.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:18 23/05/2016 by Jeriba
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10 Posted: 19:05:14 23/05/2016
I'm pretty sure that they will release it for XBox 360, PlayStation 3 and maybe Wii. As for the 3DS, he's not exactly a old console, since it's from the current generation.
---
Bruh
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#11 Posted: 19:18:15 23/05/2016
I'm certain Sky 6 won't be on the Wii. Buuuut it'll probably be on all other consoles though.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#12 Posted: 19:22:53 23/05/2016
I think they will keep it for the Wii for this year, but maybe do some different game that still relates to Sky 6, like in Superchargers. But next year, they ditch it because NX.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#13 Posted: 20:02:41 23/05/2016
There's 0.0001% chance they are doing the full game on Wii. Maybe 15% for a spinoff on Wii, 30% we are getting a 3DS spinoff and 99.9999% we are getting it on 360 and PS3. It's too soon to drop these two consoles.
---
bye
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#14 Posted: 20:05:19 23/05/2016
I'm certain that they will not do the full game on the Wii. They will do something else.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#15 Posted: 20:07:55 23/05/2016
As long as it stays on Wii U until sky 7 (assuming that we make it to atleast 7 games) I am good since the NX comes out in March
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#16 Posted: 20:20:31 23/05/2016
I can't see a wii version but can easily see a ps360 version, I can see wii u bundle that also comes with NX voucher or something along those lines.

I'm just wondering if older gen systems will get downed out considerably or will still get the full game.
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#17 Posted: 22:52:40 23/05/2016
I bet they'll keep 360 and PS3 and 3DS, but I sincerely hope they finally drop the original Wii for this series. Seriously, it's been the only new game on the console since like Skylanders 3 besides Just Dance 2016.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#18 Posted: 13:15:17 24/05/2016
After the past year, I highly doubt the wii will see another game and as many have said it really needs to be cut off from support. Right now the wii u would need the game more and second, the other 2 from last gen should get support and most likely will due to install base. The technology diff is not too much from ps3, ps4 and xbox 360 and xbone and capacity is still much there to provide it. though the 360 will be the first in trouble out of that and the ps3 due to limitations in space. Right now the wii just suffers from that and xbox 360 doesn't have bluray like ps3 and the others.

If you count this year and if the game somehow survives to squeeze out 2 more editions I'd think the systems you'll see support are:

2016 : 3ds, wii u, ps3, ps4, xbox 360, xbox one
2017: 3ds, nx, wii u, ps3, ps4, xbox 360, xbox one
2018 : 3ds, nx, ps3, ps4, xbox one

But then you have to factor in if those new updated consoles for ps4 and xbox one show up and that just might kill development on lower systems, so that could actually force them to stop supporting ps3 and xbox 360 by 2017 instead.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:19:51 24/05/2016 by tigerdr
MarvelSeer Blue Sparx Gems: 675
#19 Posted: 15:33:26 24/05/2016
I'm think more then I should I guess but based on sales for last year on all systems I'm going to say XBOX1, PS4, WiiU and the 3DS (Side Stories Only)
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - Missing Legendary Bushwack emoji
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#20 Posted: 16:22:33 24/05/2016
I think one issue is that it's impossible to tell this year how popular the Wii version was.

With the included amiibo (Dark Bowser *only* being sold in the Dark Wii starter' regular Bowser being slightly more available), there may have been a significant amount of people who picked up a Wii version and never played it or (like me) hardly put any time on it.

In theory, Activision could have sold one million units for the Wii, but if 999,000 of those only moved because of the included amiibo, then there's no reason to put out another Wii SKU. But, it's nigh-impossible to tell.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#21 Posted: 21:06:15 24/05/2016
I feel like including a Wii version just caused Wii-only parents to ***** when they found out it wasn't the main game. This year they should just get nothing.
---
Boop me if you see this.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#22 Posted: 21:10:07 24/05/2016
I can't believe they still bother with the Wii. Heck, I though they would've dropped support as soon as the Wii U was released.

Not that I want them to ditch older gen consoles. Here I am, hanging on with my ten year old Xbox 360 smilie
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#23 Posted: 21:46:13 24/05/2016
Maybe the 3DS version will go party game.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#24 Posted: 23:07:32 24/05/2016
3DS will be in, but it might be compatible with New 3DS. Please don't.

As for Wii, don't do this either. The NX will be around the same as Sky 6 at one point next year. Besides, I might have overheard an EB Games employee talking with somebody while I was pondering, about them no longer accepting wii games.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:00 24/05/2016 by LameLime
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#25 Posted: 12:06:55 27/05/2016
It all depends on sales really, wii games are beginning to go out of fashion, if the last 3ds version sold well they'll do it again.
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#26 Posted: 04:02:16 31/05/2016
Yeah, I have to agree that the Wii should be excluded this year. It's 10 years old now and can't support the main series anymore, anyway. There were a ton of negative reviews on the Wii version, Superchargers Racing (or whatever it was called), last year that probably caused Activision too many problems. I mean, if a lesser version is released on the Wii again this year, I don't really care, especially if it helps them bring in revenue.

They'll probably continue to support the 3DS. It's still being supported by Nintendo and third party developers, and probably doesn't cost Activision much to develop on each year.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#27 Posted: 17:31:15 31/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Seems that this year is the year that the Wii gets dropped. There was no mention of it on the sheet that was given away to people who attended the event. I didn't see a mention about 3DS either, but that could come later. So it's the usual suspects. I personally would have liked to see a Wii release as it would have made for a fun discussion, but really it was time to end it.
---
Stay Cool!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#28 Posted: 17:32:13 31/05/2016
they dropped the wii harder than disney dropped avalance software! YEAH BOI!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#29 Posted: 17:32:26 31/05/2016
We'll see if we'll get a spinoff, but yeah, Wii is firmly out on main series.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me