darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Reposes: Who do you want revamped in Sky6?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Reposes: Who do you want revamped in Sky6? [CLOSED]
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#1 Posted: 11:52:59 19/03/2016 | Topic Creator
BLACKOUT! I missed out on him in Trap Team and he is the COOLEST character!

Also reposes of special characters like Swap Landers an Trap Landers since I missed out on them too, though I doubt it'll happen.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2 Posted: 12:24:53 19/03/2016
This may be an unpopular opinion but...

None. I've never liked reposes.
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#3 Posted: 12:45:45 19/03/2016
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie

I know Dark Spyro is an alter ego, but it can get a revamp just like in Swap Force
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#4 Posted: 12:45:57 19/03/2016
Only one per element:
Blackout & Spotlight
Scratch
Tech - idk
Spyro
Hex
Shroomboom
Echo
Trail Blazer
Dino-Rang

Just as first choices off the top of my head.

If you count Giants/Swaps/TMs/SCs, this list would be different.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 12:51:58 19/03/2016
Well, if it were completely up to me, I would choose these characters, all to get the Superchargers treatment:

Spyro to explore the "purple dragons can master all the elements" concept (and so people can stop whining about him not being featured).

Sprocket, maybe give her an Iron Man-esque suit or something. That would be cool, at least in my opinion.

Food Fight.

Chill or Wham-Shell.

Flameslinger or Ignitor.

Bash.

Whirlwind.

Hex.

And possibly Blackout and Spotlight, though I don't see them getting reposes any time soon.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#6 Posted: 12:57:00 19/03/2016
Reimagined moveset would be how I'd go about it was well - reposes are cool but now we know a better way of fixing a character other than some OP upgrade.

As much as I like Hex, Ghost Roaster still needs the treatment more in my opinion since she's tons of fun no matter the path unlike him; otherwise similar list.
Maybe give Sunburn an actual repose just so he isn't the Forgotten One anymore :U
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 13:17:31 19/03/2016
I'm with yelvy.
There are certain characters which would benefit from being reposed, even if only to make them accessible again but after SuperChargers I just want the focus on brand new Skylanders and then, if they have time and money they can work on reposes.

Absolutely against revamps as well.
As much as they are objectively less lazy than S2/3/4/5 I sincerely wouldn't want to see a potentially great new moveset wasted on a character we already know.

But that's just me of course.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#8 Posted: 13:23:35 19/03/2016
Well, if we helps any, we could have less of 'waste'. Battlecast added quite a lot of new toys to some Skylanders(check the forum down there for a card list and pictures, you guys can scroll down) like Hex specializing in curses,Krypt King summoning mummies or Roller Brawl.. Using Disco... Ok I didn't say they were all usable. But still, instead of giving them new appearances or super forms, we could have same character, same outfit, new moves. I want to bring up the stances(?) in the newest Mortal Kombat but no idea if they all keep mostly the same appearance, only watched a few hours of the game.
Villains also got some new tricks but to be fair that's expected with recurring antagonists, not to mention them being playable isn't new anynome.

Oh yeah, and Trap Masters in the game each have a trapped villain as a Relic! Would get some people mad but would finally be a use for them to have a helper spawner of that kind.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:35:22 19/03/2016 by Bifrost
#9 Posted: 13:24:38 19/03/2016
smilie Sure, Sunburn would be great to see around again. But I kinda like how rare he is tbh.

^ Activision should focus on new characters, I agree!
LittlePunk Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#10 Posted: 15:13:36 19/03/2016
I want to see spyro return!
---
smilie This fire is outta control!
smilie Let there be rock!!!
#11 Posted: 15:21:20 19/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Whatever they do I REALLY want to see some backwards compatibility in any and all reposes. I see NO reason why an elite toy won't/shouldn't work in a previous game that already featured them. Maybe it's different with special toys like Supercharged Roller Brawl, but I don't really see why it would be other than a deliberate decision made to make people buy more toys. Which is just aggravating beyond belief.
#12 Posted: 15:25:12 19/03/2016
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
Whatever they do I REALLY want to see some backwards compatibility in any and all reposes. I see NO reason why an elite toy won't/shouldn't work in a previous game that already featured them. Maybe it's different with special toys like Supercharged Roller Brawl, but I don't really see why it would be other than a deliberate decision made to make people buy more toys. Which is just aggravating beyond belief.

Elites are compatible with previous games,they just appear as Series 1. It's a problem with the character tag, Trap Team can have SC's elites because they created the Elite tag, but other games can't because it doesn't exist for them. Same for the special variant tag in Giants and on that doesn't exist in SSA.
---
#13 Posted: 15:26:53 19/03/2016
Deleted 'cause Bifrost had me covered.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:27:14 19/03/2016 by AdamGregory03
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#14 Posted: 15:35:13 19/03/2016
Hex, Smolder & Deja, that's all I want.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#15 Posted: 16:09:11 19/03/2016
Reposes for Sky6:

Magic - Voodood
Tech - Chopper
Earth - Dino-Rang
Air - Warnado
Fire - Sunburn
Water - Echo
Life - High Five
Undead - Fright Rider
Dark - Blackout
Light - Spotlight
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#16 Posted: 16:43:30 19/03/2016
I'm ok with Reimagined movesets, as for s2/s3/s4 I want none. As for hard to find figures just make more and rerelease them in new packaging like "skylanders legacy" or something.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#17 Posted: 16:45:48 19/03/2016 | Topic Creator
But I looked at Ghost Roaster's elite Elite statue on the Supercharger's page of the Skylanders site and it only had Supercharges listed next to the compatibility heading. He's a series one character, so why isn't he backwards compatible? Or is the site just wrong?
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#18 Posted: 17:00:22 19/03/2016
The site is just wrong, he just won't be super powerful in past games.
---
Hahahahaha
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#19 Posted: 17:41:40 19/03/2016
I prefer no reposes at all. But, if they insist... I would say Spyro mainly. Maybe focus on Swap Force and Trap Team cores to makes things more varied.
---
Bruh
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#20 Posted: 17:42:28 19/03/2016
What if we have the same reposed Skylanders, including variants, as Elites. For instance:

Elite Dark Spyro (both S1 and Mega Ram [S3] versions)
Elite Spyro (S2)
Elite Big Bang Trigger Happy
Elite Tidal Wave Gill Grunt
Elite Ninja Stealth Elf

But it's just a hypothesis.
#21 Posted: 17:44:15 19/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: GaiaMemories
The site is just wrong, he just won't be super powerful in past games.

Oh cool! So what about Bone Bash Roller Brawl and Shark Shooter Terrafin from Superchargers?
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#22 Posted: 17:46:10 19/03/2016
Unfortunately, they are not backwards compatible.
---
Hahahahaha
#23 Posted: 17:46:14 19/03/2016
Quote: TheShadowDragon
What if we have the same reposed Skylanders, including variants, as Elites. For instance:

Elite Dark Spyro (both S1 and Mega Ram [S3] versions)
Elite Spyro (S2)
Elite Big Bang Trigger Happy
Elite Tidal Wave Gill Grunt
Elite Ninja Stealth Elf

But it's just a hypothesis.

Isn't everyone bored of these characters by now? They couldn't get more overpowered...
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#24 Posted: 18:02:19 19/03/2016
I personally wouldn't like it if they took away reposes. I would probably lose interest if they flooded us with nothing but brand new characters, without any familiar faces.
Anyway, I would like it if they bought smilie back for sure. His attacks are a little plain, and there is so much more that they could do with him. Such as mastering his other elements.
smilie is overdue for a repose, I would like to see something new, because I feel the same way with her too.
Other than that, I think it would be good to see what some of the other dragons could do too, like Whirlwind, Sunburn etc.
That's it for now, but that's just off the top of my head.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#25 Posted: 18:05:54 19/03/2016
I think they should only continue reposes if they are all different from the reposes in Superchargers. Once a character gets a "new moveset" repose that should be it for the character (at least for a few years). I'll be really disappointed if we just get the same characters reposed again.

My character choices would be...

Magic: Spyro
Tech: Drobot
Fire: Torch
Water: Chill
Life: Food Fight
Undead: Hex
Earth: Flashwing
Air: Pop Thorn

I think it's safe to assume there won't be any Dark and Light reposes.
---
Boop me if you see this.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#26 Posted: 18:19:11 19/03/2016
If the repose is gonna bring a wow pow with it, then I'll say Knight Light. That's the really the only character I would like to be reposed.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#27 Posted: 19:07:42 19/03/2016
Quote: angelg
If the repose is gonna bring a wow pow with it, then I'll say Knight Light. That's the really the only character I would like to be reposed.

Hate to be that guy who bursts everyone's bubbles, but the gimmicklanders aren't going to be reposed... At least not anytime soon. We'll probably not see an S2 Knight Light until they get too lazy and just go with Trap Team 2.
---
Check this out! Please?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#28 Posted: 00:54:38 20/03/2016
No one.
#29 Posted: 01:16:20 20/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro Lover122
I personally wouldn't like it if they took away reposes. I would probably lose interest if they flooded us with nothing but brand new characters, without any familiar faces.
Anyway, I would like it if they bought smilie back for sure. His attacks are a little plain, and there is so much more that they could do with him. Such as mastering his other elements.
smilie is overdue for a repose, I would like to see something new, because I feel the same way with her too.
Other than that, I think it would be good to see what some of the other dragons could do too, like Whirlwind, Sunburn etc.

Do you mean other elements than fire/lightning, or have they already expanded past those an you're hoping for more again? If it's the latter, what elements did Spyro and Cynder last have besides fire and lightning respectively?
#30 Posted: 01:24:46 20/03/2016

Do you mean other elements than fire/lightning, or have they already expanded past those an you're hoping for more again? If it's the latter, what elements did Spyro and Cynder last have besides fire and lightning respectively?

Skylanders lore says that purple dragons (including Spyro) can master all eight elements (no Dark and Light for now), but Spyro prefers to use just Fire.

In Legend of Spyro, Cynder can also control Poison, Fear, Wind and Shadow.

Maybe he wants those things back.
---
Bruh
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#31 Posted: 01:34:04 20/03/2016
none.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#32 Posted: 02:06:27 20/03/2016
I understand people wanting new powers for older characters, really.
What I can't understand is the need of seeing "familiar faces" among the new casts.

We have the luck to be fans of a series where characters cannot be removed from game to game because they have physical counterparts and if I want to see old Gilly, Triggs or Spyro again I can simply pick up their figures, place them on the Portal and play as them.

I don't absolutely want to sound like I'm speaking against those who want more reposes.
I'm just asking for an explanation because I really don't see a true "emotive" reason for more figures of old Skylanders.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#33 Posted: 03:06:51 20/03/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

Hate to be that guy who bursts everyone's bubbles, but the gimmicklanders aren't going to be reposed... At least not anytime soon. We'll probably not see an S2 Knight Light until they get too lazy and just go with Trap Team 2.

I hope they never start having reposed gimmicklanders. I like that you can currently buy a gimmicklander without worrying that it will be replaced by a 100% superior version that has a wow pow or a lightcore nuke or triple stats. It means that at least half of our figures are safe from becoming irrelevant.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#34 Posted: 03:14:27 20/03/2016 | Topic Creator
But what if you can't get the gimmicklanders you want the first time around?
#35 Posted: 03:28:46 20/03/2016
But what if you can't get the gimmicklanders you want the first time around?

Activision could make another production run of the toys.
---
Bruh
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#36 Posted: 05:25:38 20/03/2016
One per original element as Reimagined Skylanders:

Water: Slam Bam
Magic: Star Strike
Fire: Ignitor
Undead: Hex
Earth: Dino Rang
Life: Bumble Blast
Tech: Sprocket
Air: Fling Kong
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#37 Posted: 11:06:36 20/03/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

Don't worry Adam, I know the chances of reposed gimmicklanders are incredibly slim. In fact I would hate any ther gmmicklanders to reposed, but in the case of Knight Light, I like him so much that is the expcetion.

Quote: Drek95
What I can't understand is the need of seeing "familiar faces" among the new casts.

We have the luck to be fans of a series where characters cannot be removed from game to game because they have physical counterparts and if I want to see old Gilly, Triggs or Spyro again I can simply pick up their figures, place them on the Portal and play as them.

I don't absolutely want to sound like I'm speaking against those who want more reposes.
I'm just asking for an explanation because I really don't see a true "emotive" reason for more figures of old Skylanders.

To be honest I'm against reposes as well. Knight Light is the exception in my case as I like him very much, but yeah, I would prefer them to focus them on entirely new characters.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#38 Posted: 11:16:36 20/03/2016
Here's who I want reposed: Whirlwind, Scratch, Blades, Zap, Chill, Echo, Terrafin (he'll porbably be reposed since he's a more popular one), Bash, Flashwing, Stealth Elf, Camo, High Five, Trigger Happy (same as Terrafin), Sprocket, Chopper, Cynder, Fright Rider, Funny Bone, Eruptor (same as both Terrafin and Trigger Happy), Ignitor, Hot Dog, Spyro, Star Strike, Deja Vu, Spotlight and Blackout.

Oh, and no! I do not want another reposed gill grunt no matter what.
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#39 Posted: 12:12:21 20/03/2016
Air - Blades - more dynamic
Earth - Fist Bump - aggressive expression
Fire - Sunburn - rising on fire
Life - High Five - flowing gesture
Magic - Dune Bug - strike action
Tech - Drobot - more mechanical parts
Undead - Cynder - sharper edges
Water - Punk Shock - leap emphasis
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#40 Posted: 14:58:56 20/03/2016
Wrecking Ball
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#41 Posted: 17:01:04 20/03/2016
I want a new Spyro, along with a Dark version of that repose. Dark Spyro is one of my favorites.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#42 Posted: 17:05:23 20/03/2016
^ OOOH me too! smilie I had the tough decision once to pick between Dragon's peak and dark Spyro. I'm glad that I chose DP in the end because I ended up with the Dark edition starter pack when I got SF.
Fire_Fiesta Green Sparx Gems: 393
#43 Posted: 18:50:05 20/03/2016
Reposes
Earth: Bash, Dino Rang, Terrafin, Rocky Roll
Air: Whirlwind, Pop Thorn, Scratch, Blades
Undead: Cynder, Fright Rider, Grim Creeper, Fiesta
Life: Camo, Stump Smash, Bumble Blast, Food Fight
Fire: Flameslinger, Sunburn, Ignitor, Smolderdash
Water: Wham Shell, Zap, Slam Bam, Gill Grunt
Tech: Drill Sergeant, Drobot, Boomer, Countdown
Magic: Spyro, Double Trouble, Star Strike, Deja Vu
Light: Spotlight
Dark: Blackout
#44 Posted: 18:55:52 20/03/2016
So pretty much everyone? If we had another Giants-y lineup people would flip all their portals out of a table.

I kinda want to try that but I don't have a light table or money to waste by breaking my two portals.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:56:31 20/03/2016 by Bifrost
#45 Posted: 19:37:08 20/03/2016
Quote: Crash10

Skylanders lore says that purple dragons (including Spyro) can master all eight elements (no Dark and Light for now), but Spyro prefers to use just Fire.

In Legend of Spyro, Cynder can also control Poison, Fear, Wind and Shadow.

Maybe he wants those things back.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I mean, it would be cool to see what they could do with them.

Quote: Drek95

Well, there isn't really an exact "need" for them. I'm just one of the people that prefer them to bring back characters that we fell in love with.
It's better that they would revamp the characters in the next game, so that they can still feel like something fresh and different. (Better than old reposes for sure.)
For a few of us, a familiar face is what brought us to the game. So it's kind of just something that we'd like to see, but not really need. smilie
---
#46 Posted: 19:41:02 20/03/2016
^ Remember Acti include reposes so new players can find characters they might have missed out on if they didn't have previous instalments. This is why they pick 'familiar faces' e.g. Gill Grunt *Groans* smilie
#47 Posted: 19:43:39 20/03/2016
Yeah, that's another reason why. Gill Grunt.
Honestly, it's time for another Water Skylander to get a chance. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:45:41 20/03/2016 by Spyro Lover122
#48 Posted: 20:15:29 20/03/2016
I think it's good to strike a balance. You literally cannot make all over 100 guys stand out by releasing them once and never again - some will be better, some will not, some should've been sent back to the drawing board(*cough*Scorp*cough*). It's good to always have new characters to draw in more people,but sometimes you gotta give some old beloved ones polish. And by that I mean ACTUAL beloved ones like the characters with better backstories, noteworthy personalities and interesting gameplay, not Pop Fizz and Gill Grunt getting over 7 figures because because. At least settle with 2 nowadays, some more in the far future, not every darn year.
---
#49 Posted: 23:26:44 20/03/2016
Yeah, that's another reason why. Gill Grunt.
Honestly, it's time for another Water Skylander to get a chance. smilie

Sky6: Series 2 Deep Dive Gill Grunt.
Sky7: Series 3 Super Swimmer Deep Dive Gill Grunt.
Sky8: Series 4 Super Swimmer Mega Ocean Deep Dive Gill Grunt.
Sky9: Series 5 Super Swimmer Mega Ocean Pancake Flipper Deep Dive Gill Grunt.
Sky10: Portal Master Gill Grunt.

GILL GRUNT IS LOVE.
GILL GRUNT IS LIFE.

DON'T TAKE THESE IDEAS ACTI IM JUST JOKING!!!
---
Check this out! Please?
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#50 Posted: 02:49:22 21/03/2016
Here's my pick:

• FROM SPYRO'S ADVENTURE
    • smilie - TOP PRIORITY. The only Skylander from Spyro's Adventure who hasn't gotten jack squat in any of the sequels. That needs to change!
    • smilie smilie - SECOND TOP PRIORITY. Keep the Spyro legacy alive!
    • smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - They haven't gotten anything since Giants. They're due for a comeback.

• FROM GIANTS
    • smilie - Kind of a top priority too. Only core Skylander from Giants who hasn't gotten jack squat.

• FROM SWAP FORCE
    • smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - Basically any core Skylander could be good. Only smilie and smilie have gotten anything in any of the sequels.

• FROM TRAP TEAM
    • smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - Basically any core Skylander could be good, since none of the Trap Team Skylanders got anything new in Superchargers.

• WHO I DON'T WANT TO RETURN
    • smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - It's not that I hate them. They've had a revamp in every game, and I believe they need a break.

I wouldn't really say all of these listed. I'd say between 8-16 of them. And I wouldn't want them with different move sets. I didn't really like how returning Skylanders as Supercharchers had different move sets. It didn't feel like I was actually playing as them. I'd like them to be backwards compatible with the previous games.
    Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:17:01 21/03/2016 by SpcePirateMnky
    Page 1 of 2 | Last
    1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me