darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 627 of 627
1 2 3 ... 621 622 623 624 625 626 627
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#31301 Posted: 10:37:45 14/07/2019
Hello everybody. Been a while.
So apparently, my last post in this site was about 2 years & one month ago. Life got very busy for me.

It's been a long time since I've checked up on the Skylanders franchise, so I've been out of the loop for a while.

From what I've seen, Heartbreaker Buckshot is still unavailable, while other figures are limited. Mind if I ask again what figures are still unreleased and/or limited?

Anyway, nice to be back here after an extended absence.
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 7135
#31302 Posted: 23:20:32 14/07/2019
Everything that was limited before - and things that were almost limited before like say the DLC packs must be nearly non existent new in box. Nothing gets produced anymore, it's done.
---
I do art!
MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:08 14/07/2019 by Bifrost
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3118
#31303 Posted: 16:19:00 18/06/2020
there, for the last time,

sa > sf >> sg > sc > si >> tt
Halvmorke Gold Sparx Gems: 2246
#31304 Posted: 16:38:21 18/06/2020
For me, it would be:

1. Giants
2. Spyro's Adventure (the most charming and beautiful looking IMO, the more I play it now, the more I value it, it's like good old wine)
3. SuperChargers / Imaginators (kind of a tie, but as a game overall and going further the gimmick, I'd say SuperChargers go first)
4. Trap Team (nice hub, levels and gimmicks, but "meh" overall in a huge load of aspects)
5. Swap Force
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3603
#31305 Posted: 18:29:40 18/06/2020
Ah, Heartbreaker Buckshot, though you were never released, your memory will always live on.

Maybe. It'll be weird coming back in like five years and going "oh yeah, I still remember Heartbreaker Buckshot".
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
cookieeater Blue Sparx [online] Gems: 969
#31306 Posted: 19:37:33 18/06/2020
Quote: Muffin Man
Ah, Heartbreaker Buckshot, though you were never released, your memory will always live on.

Maybe. It'll be weird coming back in like five years and going "oh yeah, I still remember Heartbreaker Buckshot".

do we know why he was never released?
---
my fursona is a hot dog
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5591
#31307 Posted: 19:40:25 18/06/2020
Quote: cookieeater

do we know why he was never released?

Yoo scary, apparently.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
skylandsfan Gold Sparx Gems: 2995
#31308 Posted: 04:13:32 20/06/2020

That's one of the variants I really wanted, it's a shame that he got scrapped.
---
Missing the Imaginators hype days...
Matteomax Emerald Sparx Gems: 4936
#31309 Posted: 17:44:28 24/06/2020
There seems to be rumors circling around about a new Skylanders potentially being in development, with a different approach to monetization.

Just saying: don't always believe leakers. This leak goes against what I've heard personally, unless the development has just started recently.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx Gems: 3121
#31310 Posted: 18:16:37 24/06/2020
OMG SKYLANDERS SPORTS GAME 1000% CONFIRMED!!!

For real though, I don’t know how to feel. I could be someone looking for clout, but there are more popular franchises to gain clout from.

I should probably get Grave Clobber and Pain yatta at some point to finish the collection.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
#31311 Posted: 18:23:11 24/06/2020
what gimmicks could they even do at this point
---
my fursona is a hot dog
#31312 Posted: 18:32:24 24/06/2020
Quote: Matteomax
There seems to be rumors circling around about a new Skylanders potentially being in development, with a different approach to monetization.

Just saying: don't always believe leakers. This leak goes against what I've heard personally, unless the development has just started recently.

Source, please? Of both the leakers and your "personal" info providers.

I don't see it possible, unless Beenox said bye to Crash and was put on to it. VV and TfB are currently focused on Spyro and Crash. And yes, it's not a profitable franchise right now, to be honest. Doesn't seem logical.
---
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 6378
#31313 Posted: 18:35:35 24/06/2020
I've heard that it's apparently not a major game or project. (VV is focused on the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater remakes and potentially a Diablo II remake as well rather than Crash or Spyro, btw)
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:23:21 24/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
MekakuCityPKMN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#31314 Posted: 18:57:30 24/06/2020
I know it's super unlikely, but I would not be mad if they just ever so happened to decide to do a Spyro's Adventure remaster or something.

I can dream, right? lolol
---
"KRANK up the Sky-Chi!"

might be making a soft continuation of the series, idk
#31315 Posted: 19:20:01 24/06/2020
Quote: Matteomax

Assuming you're talking about the one Portalmaster on YouTube has been talking about, I'm actually the one that sent it to him lol. I haven't decided for myself whether it's worth believing or not though. One good sign is that the person accurately leaked that today's Pokemon Presentation would focus on the Tencent project, but I'm still not too sure.
---
#31316 Posted: 19:44:13 24/06/2020
There's also one with a full Activision lineup leak, that's actually just Ring of Heroes. "Gacha that doesn't use figures" is basically that game, but ever since Com2us announced the game was being remade we haven't heard a lick of info.
---
I do art!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4587
#31317 Posted: 21:32:41 24/06/2020
Quote: Bifrost
There's also one with a full Activision lineup leak, that's actually just Ring of Heroes. "Gacha that doesn't use figures" is basically that game, but ever since Com2us announced the game was being remade we haven't heard a lick of info.

Not really here to discuss the validity of the said leak, as I'm also not convinced it is real either, but I was wondering if you knew where I could find this.

I will say to Matteo's point that the leak at this point doesn't seem to be indicative that TFB is actively developing a game, but more so that options for a potential game are being explored. The tweets that indicate this came out after the original tweet that said something about a Skylanders project from TFB.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:35:00 24/06/2020 by ninja9351
#31318 Posted: 21:47:13 24/06/2020
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamin...of_leaks_for_r/

Not gonna get specific quotes n' stuff. It's been three years, I've got bigger priorities than chasing rumors and I'm down three Smash guesses I thought were no-brainers.
---
I do art!
#31319 Posted: 22:06:32 24/06/2020
Quote: Bifrost
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamin...of_leaks_for_r/

Not gonna get specific quotes n' stuff. It's been three years, I've got bigger priorities than chasing rumors and I'm down three Smash guesses I thought were no-brainers.

The Acitivison section of that seems to be pretty straight, although several other leaks in that wound up being false. That's for sure worth taking note of though, thanks for the quick response.

EDIT: CrystalBlazier posted this on Reddit which is a thread on Reset Era discussing the validity of this particular leaker. It seems as if they've made several correct predictions in the past but were banned from having their leaks posted on Reset Era after a series of incorrect predictions. I won't tell you what to think about this, but I won't lie that for me it does call into question the validity of this particular leak/rumor more so than before.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:15 25/06/2020 by ninja9351
#31320 Posted: 17:07:00 25/06/2020
if the rumors do turn out to be true how many of you would even buy another game
---
my fursona is a hot dog
ThunderEgg Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#31321 Posted: 17:45:24 25/06/2020
if the rumors do turn out to be true how many of you would even buy another game

depends on a lot of things for me

1) price: if it's something other than a reboot of roh, i assume it'll cost money. i think the rumor implied that there would be no toys involved, so i don't expect it to be too expensive. that being said, i think if acti tries to sell it for $70 USD like other skylanders games, i'll wait

2) gameplay: i think the prediction is that it will be a gatcha game? i'm not really into those, so that's not going to be favorable

3) inclusion of spyro: i got into skylanders bc spyro was a playable character. i think it's pretty much grown beyond him, so i don't expect him or many other skylanders characters to be playable. i won't want to play it without him, though

tl;dr: unlikely for me
---
I AM ETERNAL!
#31322 Posted: 18:47:32 25/06/2020

I would. I've been replaying the games (Finished SSA, Superchargers, and Imaginators so far) and it just made me realize what I've been missing.
---
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx Gems: 3121
#31323 Posted: 19:49:08 25/06/2020
Yeah, I would play it. First I stil need to finish my reviews (I’ve been doing other stuff, I’ll get to them eventually.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
#31324 Posted: 22:52:16 25/06/2020
The game maybe, the figures never again. I don't even know why I still have the wishlist on my profile anymore, the shipping and regular prices aren't getting any cheaper. I'm also kinda done with combing through videos and hashtags looking for any crumb of information; only what's needed for wiki work because life is too short to watch Youtuber With Kids Who Doesn't Care About the Game for the umpteenth time.
---
I do art!
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 6159
#31325 Posted: 23:17:34 25/06/2020
If this is true (and I don't think it is), I think Activision is jumping the gun a bit. It's a common thought that nostalgia comes around every 10-20 years. That would be 2026/2027 or 2036/2037. Also I agree with Bifrost, if Skylanders was to return, the figures aren't coming back.
---
'If God is wise, why is he still, when these false prophets call him friend"
Motörhead - God Was Never On Your Side - Kiss of Death (2006)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:22 25/06/2020 by JCW555
QuakeMarine Blue Sparx Gems: 948
#31326 Posted: 01:31:51 26/06/2020
Assuming the leak is actually true, I have no clue if I'd actually want to buy the new game just yet since there's like, no other information other than "It might exist possibly." I'm going to reserve my judgement when/if there's an official announcement or trailer while hoping that the game actually turns out decent and doesn't kill this series (again).
#31327 Posted: 02:10:46 26/06/2020
Yeah, I seriously do hope we don't get figures again. On one hand, I love having the ones I have, but I also feel like it would just be better for the series' longevity (considering that this leaked game comes out and is good enough to revive the series) if they didn't exist. Fun little gimmick while it lasted and would maybe be fun as a very optional thing, but if they ever wanted Skylanders to have another chance, it'd have to be scrapped.
---
"KRANK up the Sky-Chi!"

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:11:01 26/06/2020 by MekakuCityPKMN
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 6159
#31328 Posted: 02:35:15 26/06/2020
Also the reported 2021 release date doesn't make sense to me because TheGamingRevolution, a very reliable Activision leaker (especially CoD, but he leaked that Crash 4 and THPS 1+2 were happening too) stated that a new Spyro games' in development, and I'd assume that'd come out in 2021. Activision loves their once-a-year family-friendly game, but they don't seem to want to do two in a year. Also, it's been speculated that the reason why Academy and the Skylanders IDW comics ended was that Activision didn't want to confuse consumers with different Spyros, so they cancelled them. Like, a Skylanders game would work without Spyro, but that was supposedly *his* franchise. Would just be weird having a Skylanders game without him.
Even though he didn't matter at all in Skylanders by the second game, some would argue even in the first game smilie
---
'If God is wise, why is he still, when these false prophets call him friend"
Motörhead - God Was Never On Your Side - Kiss of Death (2006)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:36:35 26/06/2020 by JCW555
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4447
#31329 Posted: 02:49:18 26/06/2020
If I understand well this will be a mobile game..
---
THE END IS NEAR
#31330 Posted: 03:16:52 26/06/2020
Quote: nitendofan92

Is it just me, or does the leak just describe Ring of Heroes? On that note, maybe this is in reference to the supposed Ring of Heroes overhaul? They weren't exactly clear in that update post if they were going to be completely rebuilding ROH or if they were going to make a new game from the ground up.
---
"KRANK up the Sky-Chi!"

#31331 Posted: 04:16:01 26/06/2020
Quote: JCW555
Also the reported 2021 release date doesn't make sense to me because TheGamingRevolution, a very reliable Activision leaker (especially CoD, but he leaked that Crash 4 and THPS 1+2 were happening too) stated that a new Spyro games' in development, and I'd assume that'd come out in 2021. Activision loves their once-a-year family-friendly game, but they don't seem to want to do two in a year. Also, it's been speculated that the reason why Academy and the Skylanders IDW comics ended was that Activision didn't want to confuse consumers with different Spyros, so they cancelled them. Like, a Skylanders game would work without Spyro, but that was supposedly *his* franchise. Would just be weird having a Skylanders game without him.
Even though he didn't matter at all in Skylanders by the second game, some would argue even in the first game smilie

2021 is entirely speculation. I claim full responsibility for the fact that people think this leak is saying 2021. Essentially regardless of what you think about this leak, a 2021 release date shouldn’t be used as evidence for or against the validity of it.
---
#31332 Posted: 13:30:27 26/06/2020
Quote: MekakuCityPKMN
Quote: nitendofan92

Is it just me, or does the leak just describe Ring of Heroes? On that note, maybe this is in reference to the supposed Ring of Heroes overhaul? They weren't exactly clear in that update post if they were going to be completely rebuilding ROH or if they were going to make a new game from the ground up.

It seems to be an entirely redone game, but we haven't heard anything since. Might've been left on their announcements because Com2us still has the license or something.
---
I do art!
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3603
#31333 Posted: 15:55:49 26/06/2020
Personally, while I do want the series to be full on revived with figures again, I wouldn't complain if the big revival happened in like 5-10 years, after I have a kid of my own to get into it with. But at the same time, the idea of me ever having offspring is about as dubious as the future of Skylanders right now, so yeah.
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
#31334 Posted: 22:10:56 27/06/2020
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
if we do get skylanders 7 i hope we end up with these characters and more characters in this art style
---
my fursona is a hot dog
Matteomax Emerald Sparx Gems: 4936
#31335 Posted: 22:20:03 27/06/2020
The issue I see with the series being revived right as if there was never a huge gap between releases is:

A. Old figures are now nonexistent at common retail stores and people would have to rely on resellers to get the original figures, so forwards compatibility is a no-go unless they reproduce everything (which would be beyond risky and a potentially huge loss for them) or just leave it to eBay and Amazon to do the talking (which is a terrible idea).

B. Rereleasing figures, unless they're in "extremely limited" quantities, is a risky move considering there would already be less physical retailer support. Since ToysRUs shut down (and was one of the series' longest supporters) and GameStop is currently struggling, physical release options may not be such a good idea.

C. If they were to release a whole new set of figures again.. there's just too many characters at this point. The cast would have to be shrunk down a lot.

And my source pretty much confirmed (last December) that the studio they're at is no longer working on Skylanders. This could be outdated info for all I know, but their current project has gotten positive feedback so I'd say that their focus is elsewhere.

I believe all this hubbub is likely about Ring of Heroes getting a massive overhaul and not about a brand new physical game with a bunch of toys.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:32:25 27/06/2020 by Matteomax
BroGuy Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#31336 Posted: 23:03:59 27/06/2020
could figures be retooled into physical cards and retain the same functionality? is it even feasible or would it be the same situation you already described? I myself am skeptical about the potential return of Skylanders, but I am inquirious
---
No U
SoulfulWolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 3612
#31337 Posted: 15:49:54 28/06/2020
Quote: BroGuy
could figures be retooled into physical cards and retain the same functionality? is it even feasible or would it be the same situation you already described? I myself am skeptical about the potential return of Skylanders, but I am inquirious

All that's need is the NFC Chip, so that's a potential possibility. Looking at Nintendo's Amiibo Series, the Animal Crossing Cards did much better than the Animal Crossing Figures. However, the problem with this idea is that knowing Activision, we'd be subjected to blind bag booster packs of Skylander Cards (Much like the AR Cards released with Battlegrounds back in the day). And I doubt any of us want to deal with that again, let alone on a main series console game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:50:30 28/06/2020 by SoulfulWolf
#31338 Posted: 19:27:27 28/06/2020
My hope would be that they would have the new game be figureless, but with the ability to use old figures to unlock things in game. Completely optional, but nice for older fans.

This also goes for a ROH 2.0 tbh.
---
"KRANK up the Sky-Chi!"

#31339 Posted: 20:21:29 01/07/2020
whats the max level a imaginator can be
---
my fursona is a hot dog
#31340 Posted: 12:02:55 02/07/2020
Quote: MekakuCityPKMN
My hope would be that they would have the new game be figureless, but with the ability to use old figures to unlock things in game. Completely optional, but nice for older fans.

This also goes for a ROH 2.0 tbh.

I agree, I think it'd be the best way to bring the franchise back.
---
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#31341 Posted: 12:13:09 02/07/2020
It has been almost 9 years since Spyro’s adventure was released I think that the franchise should mature a little bit ,but without losing it’s charm
First | Previous | Page 627 of 627
1 2 3 ... 621 622 623 624 625 626 627

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me