darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 4 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#151 Posted: 15:15:00 18/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Potential leak?
[User Posted Image]

Source: @mikenacharge instagram
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:18:12 18/04/2016 by TTD
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#152 Posted: 15:23:31 18/04/2016
Quote: TTD
Potential leak?
[User Posted Image]

If it is, it's using concept art from SF. More likely from Battlecast or something. It also could be using it as a filler image too.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:24:14 18/04/2016 by HeyitsHotDog
#153 Posted: 15:25:10 18/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm thinking that it may have been a concept or prototype build for Swap Force.
#154 Posted: 15:27:12 18/04/2016
I'm thinking that it may have been a concept or prototype build for Swap Force.

Agreed. the font is very SF-esqe.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#155 Posted: 16:16:11 18/04/2016
Nothing from Battlecast, the aesthetics are way different and it's not using mobile-friendly stuff. Seems more like an early version of SF's PVP which included the last non-boss level.
Anyone with that game could see its battle arena icons to see if they are artwork from levels like this? The one next to it is too faded to tell.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#156 Posted: 17:51:54 18/04/2016
The level name and image from Swap Force is a dead-giveaway.

Of course, young instagramers, like Mike-na-Charge, who haven't seen concept images from previous games will assume it's a new game leak.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:53:22 18/04/2016 by Aura24
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#157 Posted: 18:45:55 18/04/2016
Well, it is the time of the year where the new game usually gets announced. I think the latest reveal date possible is mid-May.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:28 18/04/2016 by Deja Vu
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#158 Posted: 21:41:03 18/04/2016
SuperChargers was revealed late May, if I recall. With the reveals getting later each year, I imagine an early to mid-June reveal.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#159 Posted: 21:54:59 18/04/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
SuperChargers was revealed late May, if I recall. With the reveals getting later each year, I imagine an early to mid-June reveal.

It was revealed June 3rd.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#160 Posted: 22:21:43 18/04/2016
Definitely a Swap Force development image. TfB would NEVER use one of V.V's levels for anything. Last I remember they're quite a bit salty towards the new kids on the block smilie
#161 Posted: 22:35:17 18/04/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Definitely a Swap Force development image. TfB would NEVER use one of V.V's levels for anything. Last I remember they're quite a bit salty towards the new kids on the block smilie

I was watching the interviews for Trap Team for some sources on the Wiki,and boy, is that true. Alex Ness straight up says "when we put things in the game,we always ask ourselves 'is this really Skylands?'. We always try to add its whimsical, magical twist,and make it truly Skylanders and not some other thing".
He couldn't be more subtle at the jab at VV since they tried to make it a Dreamworks wannabe.
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#162 Posted: 22:42:12 18/04/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: 84skylanderdude

It was revealed June 3rd.

Oh, well it leaked a couple days early of course.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#163 Posted: 22:43:26 18/04/2016
Yep, Spitfire was leaked in mid May and the game's reveal happened on June 3rd (and was teased around the end of May).

Regarding the leak I agree with all of you: this screen screams "SWAP Force".
Doubt TfB would use this exact style even if they were to change their own and they would definitely not use V.V.'s artworks.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#164 Posted: 22:49:10 18/04/2016
Be sure not to "spoil" the happy fans' fun of the "leak" or they'll hound you down as a know-it-all for it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#165 Posted: 22:56:45 18/04/2016
Quote: Aura24
Be sure not to "spoil" the happy fans' fun of the "leak" or they'll hound you down as a know-it-all for it.

I think I have two rant videos from Fire Fiesta on my name(didn't watch them but they literally showed up hours after we called him out both times), could care less. Want to spread fake leaks and get first discoverer dibs, not on my watch.
---
#166 Posted: 23:00:48 18/04/2016
Or something like this:

Quote:
Maybe that's why the photo isn't in the most amazing HD quality. Why do u have to be so stuck up about leak. Just enjoy the leak or fake for what it is. You don't have to ruin eveyone's fun by automatically saying its fake. Nobody likes a know-it-all Nintendo has leaks about there games everyday. But you don't see everyone getting butt hurt and saying its fake. Do you know why cause people want it to be real. Thats why people make fakes. So people can see a small possibility of what if. So unless you have solid proof it's fake please respectfully shut up and let everyone have fun for a change
---
#167 Posted: 23:03:17 18/04/2016
The only person that doesn't like a know-it-all and says it is someone who doesn't like getting called out,so. Someone who actually acts like a stuck up and know-it-all,is, well, a stuck-up person, there's an issue before that.

Next time they get a Wicked Thumback situation and lose their wanted variant they won't be whining.

Also, if I might drag on the issue a little longer, gotta love the youtubers are the ones acting like babies when they get called out. Truly, these people deserve being given expensive figure packages from Activision while some obscure great ones keep on shelling out a ton to keep their quality and maturity in check. Jealous? Yeah, I totally would love to act like a total jerk to random people despite this being my job, having zero professionalism.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:07:24 19/04/2016 by Bifrost
#168 Posted: 23:22:39 18/04/2016
Yeah, guess some people would scream "leak" even just for a colored pixel.

Regarding TfB's style I think they have all the rights to stick to their own vision of the Skylands.
After all they invented the series and were the first to bring it to us.

Whoever came later should learn to adapt instead of constantly try to change everything according to their own fantasies...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#169 Posted: 23:44:51 18/04/2016 | Topic Creator
It's a shame to see a lot of people passing the image off as confirmation but that's to be expected.

It could very well be a placeholder image for skylanders 6 but I don't think that battle mode is a priority when showing off the game to investors (or whoever snapped the photo). So I think that the most logical explanation would be that it's an early build of swap force's battle mode. However, I'm not going to completely write it off as false, I like to look at both sides.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#170 Posted: 23:49:45 18/04/2016
Potential leak?
[User Posted Image]

Am I the only one who think this could be Battle Mode returning for SuperChargers? I mean, there was a whole petition for it a while ago.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#171 Posted: 01:13:29 19/04/2016
That's what I thought at first but everything from the fonts to the artworks to the hud is extremely similar to SWAP Force's.

But honestly if this is truly something we have yet to see I'd say it would fit better SuperChargers than Skylanders 6, as it is right now.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#172 Posted: 01:13:54 19/04/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
Potential leak?
[User Posted Image]

Am I the only one who think this could be Battle Mode returning for SuperChargers? I mean, there was a whole petition for it a while ago.

This is just a concept design from Swap Force but yet I think Battle Arenas will return, and will be a big component of Skylanders 6.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#173 Posted: 07:01:33 19/04/2016
This year we haven't get the slighlest clue as to what Sky 6 will be about. Last year, we got those screenshots which, at least, had the same corner icon as superchargers.

There was also this biker (or rally driver, can't remember really) which said he had filmed an advert for the next skylanders game, which proved to be true at the end. I think this happened in may.

Nothing at all, for the moment, they are becoming quite good at keeping information.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#174 Posted: 09:02:39 19/04/2016
Quote: angelg
This year we haven't get the slighlest clue as to what Sky 6 will be about. Last year, we got those screenshots which, at least, had the same corner icon as superchargers.

There was also this biker (or rally driver, can't remember really) which said he had filmed an advert for the next skylanders game, which proved to be true at the end. I think this happened in may.

Nothing at all, for the moment, they are becoming quite good at keeping information.

The only reason I am saying Battle Arenas as I think Activision keep trying to innovate without keeping some original elements they will continue to alienate the Toys To Life industry.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#175 Posted: 09:22:37 19/04/2016
You know... It's strange but the more I think about this "leak" the more """"""""legit"""""""" it seems.

For example the artwork kinda looks like SWAP Force's but at the same time it remembers me of Jeff's style which has been confirmed to be working on the next game.
And the fact the dominant color is purple makes me remember that's one of the colors we speculated for the title, bases or both.

It has never happened to me (actually the opposite is more likely) but... Don't know.

EDIT: just checked, the artwork is from SWAP Force.
Maybe it's just that I want the sixth game to be revealed sooo badly. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:05:33 19/04/2016 by Drek95
#176 Posted: 10:48:05 19/04/2016
Wait a second, isn't Skylanders Academy's logo purple?

This is Kaos' Fortress(SF) artwork, no two ways about it, but the box UI is from TFB and it's possible that purple is the next color because of Eric Rogers' teasing.
There's proof towards both sides, though make no mistake, whetever this is it's REALLY early stuff and no way resembling a final arena select.
---
#177 Posted: 14:37:59 19/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Well this is interesting...
[User Posted Image]
#178 Posted: 14:39:12 19/04/2016
Well this is interesting...
[User Posted Image]

Welp, maybe it is a leak.

Maybe
---
#179 Posted: 14:48:45 19/04/2016
From 'probably not' to a big maybe, and swole birds is very much Jeff Murchie's thing(Tae Kwon Crow and Cross Crow have a nearly identical build).
Now it's hype time. If we get japed and this is a complex fake,whatevs, but now we have something tangible to speculate.

On that, the flag below it would mean racing, or time attack. Either way awesome.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:49:21 19/04/2016 by Bifrost
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#180 Posted: 15:05:37 19/04/2016
Clearer image is on Reddit. The flag says Skystones.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
#181 Posted: 15:08:56 19/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Clearer photo
[User Posted Image]

Quote: Drawdler

okay wow the image from reddit makes this seem way more fake since that stealth elf looks like it was taken from an SA screenshot

I think that if this is real, the images are all placeholder images, just look at the skystones menu smilie
The UI is definitely TFB-esque.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:12:12 19/04/2016 by TTD
#182 Posted: 15:12:31 19/04/2016
The skystone panel looks odd. Why a checkered background? I know Skystones is similar to chess (barely) but it makes no sense to have a checkered background when it fits racing more.
---
#183 Posted: 15:17:30 19/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
The skystone panel looks odd. Why a checkered background? I know Skystones is similar to chess (barely) but it makes no sense to have a checkered background when it fits racing more.

It's most definitely a placeholder image.
#184 Posted: 15:18:30 19/04/2016
good point

all of it probably is now that a think about it
---
#185 Posted: 15:21:52 19/04/2016
Still no source though, which is incredibly suspicious. But to be honest the games' UI and placeholders probably look just as ugly on Alpha.
---
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#186 Posted: 15:37:39 19/04/2016
If the new image is real, then the old one is probably real too. They both have the same/similar background.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Mike-Na Charge Blue Sparx Gems: 819
#187 Posted: 15:40:12 19/04/2016
I'm not saying I totally believe this, but I'm also not saying I believe it's completely fake either. I know about the concept art. That's one of the things I'm interested in. I've been trying to get my hands on a Strata book for ages. And I'm not new to all this. I only made my account around Swap Force era, but I've been looking on darkspyro and been looking into these things since SSA. I've seen the leaks before and I know what to expect. Anyway, I think this may be real considering the fact that it says "online" which is something brand new as of the last game. And we didn't have that during swap force or trap team. And also that bird in the corner looks very TFB-style. It looks pretty official, but again it's just my thoughts. I don't want to push my opinion on to anybody, as this could very well be fake.
#188 Posted: 15:51:14 19/04/2016
Remember the leak that started this topic was too good to be true, tho. This one is realistic, but just because it has what we want doesn't make it real. What points it as possible is the new color scheme, not obviously-a-free-game-engine UI, the swole bird that I don't recognize from anywhere, etc.
---
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#189 Posted: 15:53:39 19/04/2016
This is still a little unusual, I'm not sure what to believe at this point. This definitely seems more legit than the past 'leaks' we have gotten. Seems unusal that they have so much placeholder images, though. But I guess that can be understood, as the screen looks like it's in a really early stage.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#190 Posted: 16:02:30 19/04/2016
Hey guys, check out this totally legit leak I found! Zelda Skymiibo confirmed!

Okay, but in all seriousness now, I think that leak could potentially be real. I mean, the Stealth Elf render is kind of suspicious, and the fact that the Skystones button is just a checkered flag is also a red flag. But as for that buff bird dude, never seen that character before, and it does look like official Skylanders art. Meaning if it is fake, the creator at least put a lot of effort into it.

And I know I'm kinda late to the party, whattya want from me, eh?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:03:07 19/04/2016 by AdamGregory03
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#191 Posted: 16:21:55 19/04/2016
Very interesting images. That bird characters looks like a new skylander to me.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#192 Posted: 16:41:31 19/04/2016
Woah, I come back and we have a leak and a sticky!

Not quite sure what to think about it ATM, but the purple definitely points towards legit. (Or it's a really good coincidence!)

Purple for the next game makes sense, that way the colour will tie into Academy, just like Giants and (Battlegrounds?)
#193 Posted: 18:05:11 19/04/2016
Quote: Buuzer
Very interesting images. That bird characters looks like a new skylander to me.

That bird looks a lot like Cuckoo Clocker to me, but with some new armor (and a hat?). I really want this leak to be true, online battles would make me wanna buy the game right away, before I even look at the lore, price, etc. Online battles are my life.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:06:25 19/04/2016 by TrapShadowFan
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#194 Posted: 18:10:53 19/04/2016
I think, if this is legit, then that bird might be an NPC, like a replacement for Brock or something. But I'd be all for him being a Skylander too.

And also, if this IS legit and there is an online battle mode, then that means we could potentially have that tier list we had for Trap Team again.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:33 19/04/2016 by AdamGregory03
#195 Posted: 18:36:37 19/04/2016
If this is real, it'll make at least the 4th leak of the next Skylanders game (was giants' name leaked?). The Skylanders bucket has a lot of holes to leak through.
#196 Posted: 18:48:48 19/04/2016
The bird lacks a color palette for any element(blue, gray, reddish orange), NPC for sure unless they're finally having something like Spitfire whwn it comes to colors.
---
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#197 Posted: 18:57:23 19/04/2016
No saying it's real for sure or anything, but on the checkered bg thing:

most programs and game development software defaults to that if a texture is missing, or you can place it there manually...just because it's checkered doesn't mean it fakes...kind just seems normal place holder to me.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#198 Posted: 19:13:08 19/04/2016
Am I the only who keeps thinking that bird jock fellow sort of looks like Falco?

I'm not inferring anything, I just wanted to point that out.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
First | Previous | Page 4 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me