darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 207 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 205 206 207 208 209 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#10301 Posted: 11:24:42 14/08/2016
I really want to see Starcast and Chompy Mage at Gamescon, mostly Starcast. Hopefully a full Poster too, but I think that's unlikely.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#10302 Posted: 11:36:10 14/08/2016
Quote: AmbushFan
EDIT: I looked at some videos, and the constellations for Swashbucklers have tails and the Ninja constellations don't have bodies. Looks like they will be restricted.

Translated using my AspB to English dictionary
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#10303 Posted: 11:46:45 14/08/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
The Quickshot constellation has no body, yet we've seen Quickshot Imaginators with bodies already.

The bodyless Quickshot constellation was from an early demo. At E3 and later events, it does have a body.
[User Posted Image]
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#10304 Posted: 12:01:51 14/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: yrocgames
What is everyones Gamescom predictions? smilie

Super hopeful is Bad Juju and level editor.
Realistic is Starcast, Hood Sickle and Arena Battles.

It's funny, because when Imaginators was being leaked/revealed I thought that the level editor was gonna be the main gimmick. I was a little disappointed when I found out it was just my confusion.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#10305 Posted: 12:21:50 14/08/2016
We did see what looked like Quickshot Imaginators without bodies, though, and it looked like a pretty advanced build of the game (talking about the banana-headed creatures which were apparently in the Academy).

I'm still convinced Ninjas and Swashbucklers will have locked body types unfortubately but Quickshots may not have the same limitation: the most iconic "Quickshot" around is a walking head, after all. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:23:28 14/08/2016 by Drek95
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#10306 Posted: 12:28:56 14/08/2016
Well, it'll all depend on when it goes gold; they kight have time for one more with both types but choose against it so Ninja or Swashbuckler isn't left behind.
But really, we need game longevity. Just shower us in extra modes if we can't have full creation freedom. Trap Team was a lesson in how you don't make more than you can finish.(especially now that I found a scrapped level in the Prototype thread, it looked so good ;-; )
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:32:11 14/08/2016 by Bifrost
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#10307 Posted: 13:32:06 14/08/2016
If level editor is a thing I'm gonna make a level where all 10 elements are present, but I think that would be a bit much and now I'm drifting into my unrealistic dreams.
As for gamescom predictions, since Chopscotch is confirmed to be there, I'm certain we'll also get Barbella (yay), Tae & Krank as well as a reveal for Starcast, Aurora & Mysticat, though they orobably won't actually be at gs.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#10308 Posted: 13:34:33 14/08/2016
I doubt there'll be a level maker. I dunno, just seems like something that'd be too ambitious considering we can already create our own Skylanders, and on top of that we don't even know how many levels there will be in the game. Plus then that'd probably take away from modes people actually want to see. Unless they can somehow make it really work, I don't think it'll happen.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#10309 Posted: 13:38:02 14/08/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
I doubt there'll be a level maker. I dunno, just seems like something that'd be too ambitious considering we can already create our own Skylanders, and on top of that we don't even know how many levels there will be in the game. Plus then that'd probably take away from modes people actually want to see. Unless they can somehow make it really work, I don't think it'll happen.

I could see a level creator for the next game though.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#10310 Posted: 13:44:17 14/08/2016
Tho I'd prefer Battle Mode (online)
#10311 Posted: 13:47:31 14/08/2016

Well, they have the tools, just look at the demo reels we've found over the years. They just need to apply the same logic as the character creator - take existing assets, make pieces of level ground and mechanics, limit what can you do (maybe preset puzzle rooms), and have that all easy for kids to understand.
It's just that this is the best game we could have one. If Mind Magic created Skylands, only fair we could continue the work.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#10312 Posted: 13:50:03 14/08/2016
Maybe it could be a mode unlocked after finishing Story Mode, since I guess we'll get to obtain or "free" the Mind Magic which originated a good part of the Skylands.

Regarding GamesCom, I'm obviously expecting Chopscotch, another Sensei and one or two reformed villains as well as some extra mode or prominent feature (maybe an Adventure Pack?).
I'm really hoping for some shown-but-not-revealed Skylander, like Déjà Vu during Trap Team or High Volt last year.

And packagings.
It's about time.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#10313 Posted: 13:50:37 14/08/2016
I don't know. Considering how huge and long most of these levels are, I don't think a level editor could really work. The format of the games is too complex for a level editor to properly function like that.

What this franchise really needs is some more long lasting modes. Kaos Doom Challenge was fun, but what if we took that concept and made it a Dungeon Crawler mode? Random enemies, random layout and random spots to spawn Elemental minions to help you.

Something like that would really prolong the life cycle a bit! More substantial side modes would GREATLY improve the longevity of the game.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#10314 Posted: 13:52:55 14/08/2016

Well, they have the tools, just look at the demo reels we've found over the years. They just need to apply the same logic as the character creator - take existing assets, make pieces of level ground and mechanics, limit what can you do (maybe preset puzzle rooms), and have that all easy for kids to understand.
It's just that this is the best game we could have one. If Mind Magic created Skylands, only fair we could continue the work.

Well... Then if there is a level creator of sorts, then I could see that as a good substitute to stuff like Battle Mode or whatever, since Super Mario Maker proves that people do legitimately enjoy making levels.

As for Gamescom predictions... Laos official reveal, Hood Sickle and Chopscotch gameplay, and some other stuff.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#10315 Posted: 14:34:09 14/08/2016
If we don't get a level editor this time, I think it could be a future gimmick.

However, they could include a smaller creator as a bonus mode, and/or maybe a post-credits scene teasing an editor (like Drek95's idea)

After Supercharger's supposed failure (from what I've heard), and Infinity being cancelled, I think Activision are going to start coming up with better ideas. I think Imaginators is definitely a step in the right direction, so far.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#10316 Posted: 14:56:47 14/08/2016
Wow. Last night I had a dream that Sheep Creep took Chompy Mage's spot on the roster, and Cluck was the Light Villain...

Anyways, any news yet?
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#10317 Posted: 15:00:11 14/08/2016
My Gamescom predictions are obviously Chopscotch and Hood Sickle, Barbella, Tae, Krankcase and HOPEFULLY Mysticat, Aurora, and Starcast. I think Kaos will be there, but just not playable.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
BB pop fizz Green Sparx Gems: 426
#10318 Posted: 15:12:47 14/08/2016
My gamescom predictions are... Everyone from wave 1 almost everyone from wave 2 and some from late wave 3 to 5 and maybe kaos.. But not playable
---
Instagram : @Vegeta_bader
Instagram 2 : @Skylanders_epic_imaginators
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#10319 Posted: 15:22:17 14/08/2016
I'm guessing Chopscotch, Hood Sickle, the ones we've seen before and perhaps Starcast and/or Aurora too. Kaos is there but only for show (maybe FGTV get a scoop with Lou about him) and the reveal of hopefully Battle Arenas or possibly something else. Maybe something Imaginator exclusive.

Speaking of which, do we know if the Imaginators can do something some other characters cant? Maybe go into a Dojo for training. That'd be cool.

Also, just wishful thinking, but I hope Traptanium shards, Giant chests, Swap chests that require a swapped character (not specifically one, just that a character is swapped), and some kind of Supercharger exclusive chests. (inb4 Rift chests that require a rift engine is what Eon says)

I also really hope that elemental gates make a return like they were in Trap Team and Senseis aren't only useful for Shrines.

Also, (yet again) Ember will unlock her Sky Chi at the first Sentinel Shrine. When you come across a Sentinel Shrine later on, you use Ember, see the animation, but does it count to whatever end level goal there is? (Because I'm certain those will count)
#10320 Posted: 15:25:59 14/08/2016
I don't like how you have to get your Sky-Chi from a Shrine... it's kinda confusing.

I believe gates are back. We've seen one in the Academy.... otherwise... idk.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10321 Posted: 15:27:24 14/08/2016
I think that Senseis already have good use. You know, Shrines, Gongs, unlocking parts and attacks...

For now we know that Imaginators have their own areas on stages where they are stronger. The same with Senseis.

I personally only want Elemental Gates if every Skylander can unlock it. But that's me.
---
Bruh
#10322 Posted: 15:29:32 14/08/2016
We've seen Tri-Tip using a Shrine even if he already had his special. It counts but you're better off using someone who doesn't.
---
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#10323 Posted: 15:30:18 14/08/2016
I thought that wasn't a gate just some fire-themed place? Probably just the elemental gate in the Academy again ugh

I don't really find getting Sky-Chi from a Shrine confusing. Makes sense to me, you're a sensei, a master of battling a certain way, you go to this place and resonate with it finding you have some (slightly) over powered move.

Speaking of, (wow I say this a lot) if Battle Mode were a thing, do you guys think Senseis will be able to use Sky Chi? It's basically a win for a few of them.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10324 Posted: 15:33:54 14/08/2016
I don't even believe that Battle Arena is coming. But, if it is, if they can balance Elites, they will find a way to balance Senseis.
---
Bruh
#10325 Posted: 15:53:16 14/08/2016
Well we almost have a Sensei of each element in Wave One, just not an Air Sensei, which isn't a big deal, so either way...
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#10326 Posted: 16:24:40 14/08/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I really just want some kind of mode filled with just really good fighting. Giants and TT had modes with the right idea, but most of the fighting wasn't all that good and they felt more gimmicky than focused on battling.

The saddest part is that this game could have worked the gimmick around battling and had the ideas of making this game more battle oriented. Picture this instead of Imaginators and Seneis, the game could have been called Skylanders Battlezone and the Senseis could be Gladiators. There would be more relevance to battle classes and Pit Boss would literally have been the leader if that were the case since that's practically right up his alley.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#10327 Posted: 17:44:30 14/08/2016
Quote: GhostRoaster617
I really just want some kind of mode filled with just really good fighting. Giants and TT had modes with the right idea, but most of the fighting wasn't all that good and they felt more gimmicky than focused on battling.

The saddest part is that this game could have worked the gimmick around battling and had the ideas of making this game more battle oriented. Picture this instead of Imaginators and Seneis, the game could have been called Skylanders Battlezone and the Senseis could be Gladiators.

Nah, I think a focus on creativity is better than a focus on violence. Skylanders has never been a series featuring fighting in that way, and hopefully never will be.
#10328 Posted: 17:49:45 14/08/2016
I think Skylanders Academy will scratch that itch a little bit. The news posts and the snippet of the trailer we caught at SS16 show the Skylander Games as some sort of arena battle either between the contestants or last-man-standing against hazards.
---
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#10329 Posted: 18:30:46 14/08/2016
Well, it'll all depend on when it goes gold; they kight have time for one more with both types but choose against it so Ninja or Swashbuckler isn't left behind.
But really, we need game longevity. Just shower us in extra modes if we can't have full creation freedom. Trap Team was a lesson in how you don't make more than you can finish.(especially now that I found a scrapped level in the Prototype thread, it looked so good ;-; )

This. So much. We want (content wise) another Swap Force, not another Superchargers.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#10330 Posted: 19:00:03 14/08/2016
Quote: GhostRoaster617

The saddest part is that this game could have worked the gimmick around battling and had the ideas of making this game more battle oriented. Picture this instead of Imaginators and Seneis, the game could have been called Skylanders Battlezone and the Senseis could be Gladiators. There would be more relevance to battle classes and Pit Boss would literally have been the leader if that were the case since that's practically right up his alley.

Sorry for off topic post, but I like the ideas of the Gladiators. I think I might have to make a fan game out of it.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#10331 Posted: 19:27:11 14/08/2016
What we really need is the Time Attacks and Score Attack modes from Swap Force back.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#10332 Posted: 20:42:54 14/08/2016
I never even tried those tbh.
#10333 Posted: 20:44:58 14/08/2016
Dunno, Bonus Missions are where it's at imho and you guys know I don't like SF in general. It just reused assets like Heroic Challenges but were pretty good in design and a refresher from story mode levels. I guess Survival as well but I fall asleep just trying to watch them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:45:26 14/08/2016 by Bifrost
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#10334 Posted: 20:45:18 14/08/2016
At the very least they added a lot to the game's lifespan, and also removed the regular time challenges which were never fun
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#10335 Posted: 21:00:12 14/08/2016
Never even tried any of the other modes in SF, but it would be nice to have a few more ways to play again.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:37 14/08/2016 by Spyro Lover122
#10336 Posted: 21:03:36 14/08/2016
I hope we get character specific quest with exclusive dialogue, that was the best thing SC did.
#10337 Posted: 21:05:00 14/08/2016
Aw yeah, I actually really liked that. I don't know what it is, but I just love getting a taste of what a character is really like.

Oh, but I didn't like the missions themselves.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:51 14/08/2016 by Spyro Lover122
#10338 Posted: 21:10:56 14/08/2016
Yeah the missions are meh, but heck, they don't even have to give missions, just having this specific character that they actually talk back to for a few sentences would be pretty great already. Leave the extra gameplay to be non-specific to anyone.
---
#10339 Posted: 21:23:54 14/08/2016
Yeah, that'd be great alright. Just some kind of response to anything would be. It's a shame that they can't do it with every Skylander, but it's just too much. At least Academy will be able to explore interaction a little more too.
---
Zekrom Prime Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#10340 Posted: 23:29:02 14/08/2016
Quote: JohnnySmasher42

This. So much. We want (content wise) another Swap Force, not another Superchargers.

Yes we need it
#10341 Posted: 23:32:41 14/08/2016
Ech no. I know I'm in a minority with this, but I just hated them. I found most of the dialogue predictable and almost all the actual missions were the same grindy garbage. They didn't even try to make most of the objectives fun.

If they bring back character-specific dialogue, I'd prefer seeing it appear in other ways, like just through talking to NPCs at the Academy. That'd cut out the bad part of SC's quests and give potential for more interesting stuff when you'd see Skylanders chat with different NPCs instead of just Buzz.

How about like if it was like SSA where they say something about the character like quigelly
However you spell his name
#10342 Posted: 23:38:42 14/08/2016
Quigley was cute, but he was the only one talking. After SC the most that I want is see the characters talking back.
---
#10343 Posted: 23:41:16 14/08/2016
For some reason I still want all of the normal NPC'S back WITH the Skylander NPC's, then also bring back some old ones, such as Ermit, and more.
---
#10344 Posted: 23:44:59 14/08/2016
Quote: Luminous35
For some reason I still want all of the normal NPC'S back WITH the Skylander NPC's, then also bring back some old ones, such as Ermit, and more.

I wonder what happened to ermit
#10345 Posted: 23:52:46 14/08/2016
Ermit said he was going to make Machine Ghost go punch some clouds once you talked to him enough after beating the game.

He's got a lot to punch.
---
First | Previous | Page 207 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 205 206 207 208 209 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me