darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Kaos as a Skylander in Skylanders 6 (Theory)
Page 1 of 1
Kaos as a Skylander in Skylanders 6 (Theory)
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#1 Posted: 14:31:17 15/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm thinking about something today. Kaos as a Skylander. Kaos joined the good side to help them against other villains that means TfB and VV doesn't want to get rid off Kaos from the series but as you can see Kaos is becoming a secondary villain since Swap Force (with his mother, Doom Raider in Trap Team and The Darkness in Superchargers). What if something bad happen in the comics (they're canon story) and Kaos, along with Glumshanks, help the Skylanders and save everyone? They'll get "Skylanders" status (heroes who did something very important or that has a incredible power to help the good ones) and we finally will get a statue of Kaos (Magic) & Glumshanks (Tech). TfB and VV always put playable Kaos in Dark Edition but now it's time to make fully playable Kaos & Glumshanks and insert new villains (Malefor is a good candidate for Skylanders 6). What do you think?
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:41:34 15/01/2016 by Buuzer
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#2 Posted: 14:46:54 15/01/2016
0/10 would not buy those figures. Pain-Yatta though...
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 14:51:57 15/01/2016
Those figures were already written off as just testing the 3D printer, same with the Hugo and sheep figures.

Kaos's already put himself as Evil Counselor(?), it's more than obvious he'll never swap sides forever. It's more of a enemy of my enemy situation currently, and at the most they'd have him as a playable guest and not called one officially because he'll eventually decide to attack again.

Glumshanks,though... He's pretty much neutral now, because he'll act for the people he likes no matter the side. He could very well end up becoming a Skylander secretly as to please both sides but he'd have to have some sort of fighting chance... Which currently he doesn't.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:53:37 15/01/2016 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#4 Posted: 17:28:59 15/01/2016
I can see it now, Skylanders 6:
smilie "I disobeyed my orders and went against the Darkness' wishes... I'M A TRAITOROUS CLOD"

smilie "Uh, Kaos? Are you gonna be ok?

smilie smilie"NO!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:40:43 15/01/2016 by TrapShadowFan
#5 Posted: 17:33:20 15/01/2016
Well, that he already did, but why settle for little when there are macguffins in every corner that can grant you world-dominating power?
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 17:34:18 15/01/2016
If Kaos becomes a Skylander, then I want a figure of my beautiful Golden Wife too.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#7 Posted: 18:39:53 15/01/2016
I may be off-topic here. But when I went to GameStop and checked out the Kaos Trophy in single packs, I couldn't help but noticed that they look much glossier than the ones sold in Dark Edition Starter Packs. Or maybe it's just me.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#8 Posted: 19:55:12 15/01/2016
Why do they need to make Kaos a good guy to make a figure out of him? Skylanders is the only TtL series where none of the villains have their own playable characters. You can play as a villain in Disney Infinity, Legos, and Amiibo (as far as I know). Even when it makes absolutely no sense, like when the boss is the same exact villain. I can't imagine it would hurt sales for Skylanders, would actually go over really well with fans. They could introduce figures that fans are already familiar with, something the other franchises have been miking with great success.

The story line would be so easy. The darkness has come back more powerful then ever, and now the villains are joining forces with Skylanders to save Skylands from utter destruction. You already have all the characters from Trap Team, and you can use the vehicles the villains had from superchargers. I think you'd have significant change to satisfy the need for change, yet you would lose pretty much nothing from the previous 2 games. If wii is still around, you could do another racing pack.

Makes too much sense.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#9 Posted: 19:57:14 15/01/2016
It would certainly be nice to have figures of some Villains from Trap Team for Sky 6 and make them playable with a full upgrade tree in the game. Kaos would also have a full figure, not only a Trap or Trophy, but don't call him a Skylander. Have a Dark version of him in the Dark Edition of Sky 6, and sell the regular version in single pack a few months later.
---
bye
#10 Posted: 20:06:54 15/01/2016
Quote: melvimbe

Because the villains are the ones doing trouble in Skylands while the skylanders were made into toys by whatever force of the day and can't stop them until they're brought back. Sending them here and keeping them in toys as punishment only to use them would be kinda counterproductive.

Also,as you said,some mirror matches make no sense.
---
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#11 Posted: 20:45:42 15/01/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I can see it now, Skylanders 6:
smilie "I disobeyed my orders and went against the Darkness' wishes... I'M A TRAITOROUS CLOD"

smilie "Uh, Kaos? Are you gonna be ok?

smilie smilie"NO!"

Nice reference. smilie
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#12 Posted: 21:32:05 15/01/2016
I wouldn't mind villains as figures but I still don't think they're likely. I'd probably just prefer traps to be rerelease/used again, it's a cool little system .

If they did make villains into figures , all I want is for them to have a defined villain base to stand on .

You'd want to see them and have it obvious they were a villain, elmental bases would just make them look exactly like skylanders which would be pretty lame.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#13 Posted: 04:49:25 16/01/2016
I caught wind of villain figure talks before Trap Team, and thought "THAT SHOULD HAPPEN". I still think it would be the best direction to expand.

I really want a Kaos figure! Everyone talks about PVP, and villain characters could be exclusive to a PVP only game. OMG!

DO IT
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#14 Posted: 05:09:19 16/01/2016
I don't think that should happen. I say it's more fair that you could play with the kaos trap/Cup and then you could play as kaos smilie
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
#15 Posted: 11:09:03 16/01/2016
Quote: funnybone
I don't think that should happen. I say it's more fair that you could play with the kaos trap/Cup and then you could play as kaos smilie

Trapped Kaos is horribly OP and nerfing him would make people feel cheated out of the expensive trap. Cup is just an OP vehicle you can't even use on foot, that mostly lets you cheat on races.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#16 Posted: 15:38:27 16/01/2016
How about this?

We get a figure of Kaos that is basically a smaller version of this:

[User Posted Image]

When placed on the Portal Of Power, the Skylander you are using changes color. For example, if you were playing as Eruptor and then put the Kaos figure on the Portal, he would change to look like this:

[User Posted Image]

While in this form, the Skylanders are extra powerful, and all their stats are shortly buffed. The effects of the figure last about twice as long as a normal Magic Item's would, and once the effect ends, there is a giant explosion of Dark Energy which does massive damage.

What do you think?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:39:58 16/01/2016 by Chompy-King257
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#17 Posted: 15:41:21 16/01/2016
^ Yusssss.
tPaperBomb Red Sparx Gems: 87
#18 Posted: 17:38:43 16/01/2016
The artwork on the trophy cup single pack is amazing, so I'd LOVE to see a Kaos figure and maybe even a Doom Jet vehicle!
---
Current Main Skylander: Fling Kong! smilie
Skylanders collection count: 45
1 magic item, 3 vehicles.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#19 Posted: 23:34:27 16/01/2016
^
^
^

I actually really miss those Kaos minions, a lot of those battles were actually challenging and it was cool to get previews of charscters in action.

I kinda agree with your idea. I'd probably prefer something a bit more like the Kaos figure enabling you to be a dark portal master though.

Ooo or maybe the Kaos figure acting kind of like a voodoo doll , enabling you to control Kaos' action in game for a bit when he's on the portal.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#20 Posted: 01:00:03 17/01/2016
I have a better idea than my last one. How about when you place the figure on the Portal, you suddenly get the option to customize how Kaos will act and fight you in the Final Boss Battle of the game. For example, out of the attacks he uses against you, you can decide how strong they are, and which ones he relies on most. You can also mess around with his toughness levels, which increase or decrease how difficult it is to take him on. You could even give him different outfits or hats that he wears during the Boss Battle. Want a challenge? Then use the Kaos figure to make Kaos tougher during his battle. Want to just have a good time while kicking evil's butt? Then bring his toughness levels up.

I think if we ever got a Kaos figure, this is totally how it should be done. What do you think?
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#21 Posted: 02:06:37 17/01/2016
I prefer your earlier idea, however that would still be kind of cool
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#22 Posted: 02:28:32 17/01/2016
Unpopular opinion but I'm kinda against villain's figures in general.
We already have traps for that (sincerely hoping Skylanders 6 will make them useful again) and I don't think a set of villain's figures would be justified if not for the "cool" factor.
I just couldn't see not even the Doom Raiders having the same character depth as the different Skylanders.
Three attacks are more than fine and so are two for the regular villains.

That being said, I would be all for a Kaos Statue Figure of some kind which could act as a really powerful Magic Item.
Like both your ideas, Chompy-King257, especially the second one.

Regarding the main topic, I doubt we'll see a full fledged Kaos figure as I think he will become more like a not-so-friendly NPC and might also return as a true enemy one day.
Activision definitely doesn't want to freeze him in figure form with all the various lore implications.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#23 Posted: 07:24:40 17/01/2016
I agree with you Drek. For me, it makes no sense in making Villain figures if we already have Traps. Just make Villains playable again.
---
Bruh
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#24 Posted: 13:47:04 17/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: melvimbe

Because the villains are the ones doing trouble in Skylands while the skylanders were made into toys by whatever force of the day and can't stop them until they're brought back. Sending them here and keeping them in toys as punishment only to use them would be kinda counterproductive.

Also,as you said,some mirror matches make no sense.

I don't think the majority of fans are any where as concerned about canon, lore, and making sense as you and some of the others are. All other franchises have villain figures with great success commercially. I would not be surprised if villains are the best selling figures. Bad guys are fun. Fun sells.

It is well known that skylander sales are down. If Activision would rather have the franchise die then provide want fans want (the typical fan), then the series should die..
#25 Posted: 13:59:43 17/01/2016
I think the main problem is marketing them as Skylander, that's what I'm arguing against. Considering there used to be a working title known as Kaos Alliance, we could have a gimmick where we'd have no heroes; they'd have different bases, maybe changed colors or even more elaborate - and the explanation could simply be Kaos trying to get rid of his rivals or even a plan from them to spy on the Portal Master; highly ineffective since you end up using them for your advantage,but a nice excuse.
There'd be also no need for mirror matches - same way you never fight a Skylander ingame, you never fight the same villains or even heroes as who you play then.

As much as most people don't care about lore, some people like me do, and one of the game's big things is integrating the fourth wall with the story; sacrificing that because gameplay would be unecessary with the right planning.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:03:01 17/01/2016 by Bifrost
#26 Posted: 14:11:37 17/01/2016
I used to want Kaos to be a Skylander in Skylanders 6, but as time goes on, the more I grow against the thought. I don't know about you, but I kinda want Kaos to be the villain in every Skylanders game. I guess I just got used to him, and it would feel wierd for me if he wasn't the bad guy. I felt wierd enough having Kaos not be the Final Boss in SuperChargers. If Kaos did stay the villain for Skylanders 6, it would want him to come back similar to how I said he would in my Fan Game:

http://skylanders-fan.wikia.co...rs%3A_Music_Mob

However, I would love a figure of Kaos. That's why I mentioned my two ideas that could be alternatives.
---
#27 Posted: 14:31:01 17/01/2016
I must've said this back when SC was revealed,but while I'm ok with Kaos in every game, as the villain not so much. He does develop a character, things from previous games did impact him,

And after this one it's clear he's done being someone else's plaything and is going to sit and wait for a power he and he alone can control.

He could just be an NPC for a few games, it'd be fine,but there are SO MANY villains being introduced every game and extra material, they ought to get the spotlight eventually and go all out with it, Malefor especially. Having a final boss that isn't a remix of Lair of Kaos for the umpteenth time is also a plus.
---
#28 Posted: 15:22:15 17/01/2016
I can see us getting some kind of Kaos-related figure in maybe like the next game's Dark edition packs, but I doubt he would ever be a Skylander. At the most I can just see him temporarily teaming up with them for his own selfish reasons, kind of like when Bowser teams up with Mario in certain spin-off games. I do hope we can play as villains in Sky6 again though. And I mean play as them just like in Trap Team.
---
Check this out! Please?
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#29 Posted: 00:51:27 18/01/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
How about this?

We get a figure of Kaos that is basically a smaller version of this:

[User Posted Image]

When placed on the Portal Of Power, the Skylander you are using changes color. For example, if you were playing as Eruptor and then put the Kaos figure on the Portal, he would change to look like this:

[User Posted Image]

While in this form, the Skylanders are extra powerful, and all their stats are shortly buffed. The effects of the figure last about twice as long as a normal Magic Item's would, and once the effect ends, there is a giant explosion of Dark Energy which does massive damage.

What do you think?

This idea is gorgeous. I really do miss those evil clones of the Skylanders and I'd be glad to see them again.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#30 Posted: 00:58:54 18/01/2016
I definately wish they were more explored too. Book of Elements was building up to them being their own characters, pretty much dopplegangers that would cause trouble even when Kaos wasn't ordering them around. Would be especially nice to see how the twisted versions of some characters that have to restraint themselves normally would work too,like Witch Minion and Imp Minion; or even made from newer Cores like a Evil Timetraveler Minion - just imagine a Deja Vu without any interest in what damage to the time-space continuum she may do!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:09 18/01/2016 by Bifrost
#31 Posted: 17:55:34 18/01/2016
Actually, why doesn't he stay a bad guy but still get a figure? smilie
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#32 Posted: 19:06:16 18/01/2016
Quote: tPaperBomb
Actually, why doesn't he stay a bad guy but still get a figure? smilie

It would absolutely work as long as it were just a statue and not his frozen form.
Don't think he would like to be summoned to help Skylanders, maybe while he was planning his next move. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#33 Posted: 03:10:08 23/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
I definately wish they were more explored too. Book of Elements was building up to them being their own characters, pretty much dopplegangers that would cause trouble even when Kaos wasn't ordering them around. Would be especially nice to see how the twisted versions of some characters that have to restraint themselves normally would work too,like Witch Minion and Imp Minion; or even made from newer Cores like a Evil Timetraveler Minion - just imagine a Deja Vu without any interest in what damage to the time-space continuum she may do!

Suddenly, there is a blue police box, chasing them through the time vort- oops, wrong fictional thing.
---
Dead
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#34 Posted: 03:33:31 23/01/2016
Honestly, I couldn't imagine Skylanders without Kaos as the villain.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#35 Posted: 03:49:14 23/01/2016
I honestly see Kaos as an NPC that would rival Flynn's role in irritating the other characters in Sky6, if they keep his role as the Academy's Evil Consultant of Ultimate Evil.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#36 Posted: 04:31:23 23/01/2016
My bet is that Kaos will be fed up with being surrounded by all the "goodness" and agree to help whoever they make the main villain of the next game. He betrays the Skylanders followed by him inevitably being betrayed right back.
---
Check this out! Please?
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#37 Posted: 17:01:49 23/01/2016
... All of a sudden the main antagonist of the first four games becomes good ... I'd say no to that
#38 Posted: 17:10:17 23/01/2016
Quote: Skylander3112
... All of a sudden the main antagonist of the first four games becomes good ... I'd say no to that

The world isn't black and white,though. Spellslamzer helped you fair and square once you got through his cheating, didn't ally with Kaos or anything,but he still tries to decapitate people that go against his plans on his comic arc. Glumshanks does Kaos' every whim,but

He accepted death entirely as long as it meant saving people who gave him purpose again,good or bad.

There are also a handful of Skylanders which like to cross lines like Ghost Roaster or be pretty mean like Spitfire. Hex even sorta implies says there's not much keeping her from doing something really violent to Kaos in Mask of Power.
Kaos' purpose between both games now is pretty much to keep his position of greater villain,he's no less on the side of evil. But while the position's up for anyone else to take it,he'd rather help the Skylanders than share.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:12:09 23/01/2016 by Bifrost
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#39 Posted: 11:32:40 25/01/2016
all these pictures are basically from the trap team, but who dont want kaos as a figurine, i know i do smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#40 Posted: 11:44:17 25/01/2016
They're not from Trap Team. They're from several developer office tours where they showed off the designs they've had for several years - it just includes some of the TT.
---
#41 Posted: 17:00:02 25/01/2016
This just made me think of a new theory heh, Imma write it when I get back from my trip lol
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me