First | Previous | Page 6 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Wave 4 & 4.5 [OFFICIAL TOPIC]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#251 Posted: 17:12:47 08/02/2016
Quote: jedihunter12
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Have not gotten Spitfire yet (anyone have the UPC so I can ask the clerk?) but maybe I'll just wait until he pops out on Best Buy.

Also, I saw the single pack of Hot Streak, it's so attractively colored but I can't bring myself to buy a third version of it!

Attractively colored?

The colors of Hot Streak go compliment eachother beautifully.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#252 Posted: 21:46:24 08/02/2016
Spitfire
Hot Streak
Astroblast
Sun Runner
Soda Skimmer
Bone Bash Roller Brawl
Tomb Buggy

now available on Toys R US.com: http://www.toysrus.com/family/...ort=TRUE&ppg=24
---
bye
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#253 Posted: 23:00:28 08/02/2016
Have not gotten Spitfire yet (anyone have the UPC so I can ask the clerk?) but maybe I'll just wait until he pops out on Best Buy.

Also, I saw the single pack of Hot Streak, it's so attractively colored but I can't bring myself to buy a third version of it!

The dark edition was the wrong version to get. At best currently it seems the dark editions with bowser and DK were the versions to get. But when it comes to Hot Streak and Spitfire or even Stealth Elf their regular edition just looked so much better.
Yeah I just ordered spitfire and Hot Streak even though I have the dark editions for this reason.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#254 Posted: 11:30:25 09/02/2016
I just saw that amazon has the BB Roller Brawl Double Pack for 50€ (so, twice the actual price) and it arrives in at least 9 days. While there's also the Triple Pack for the regular price and it could arrive in three days. The only problem is, I already have Splatter Splasher. Should I get the triple pack and if yes, what should I do with Splatter Splasher?
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#255 Posted: 15:05:55 09/02/2016
Quote: Street50

The dark edition was the wrong version to get. At best currently it seems the dark editions with bowser and DK were the versions to get. But when it comes to Hot Streak and Spitfire or even Stealth Elf their regular edition just looked so much better.
Yeah I just ordered spitfire and Hot Streak even though I have the dark editions for this reason.

It was on sale so I'm not complaining. Plus, I do think the Dark Hot Streak looks good as well.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#256 Posted: 15:32:26 09/02/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
I just saw that amazon has the BB Roller Brawl Double Pack for 50€ (so, twice the actual price) and it arrives in at least 9 days. While there's also the Triple Pack for the regular price and it could arrive in three days. The only problem is, I already have Splatter Splasher. Should I get the triple pack and if yes, what should I do with Splatter Splasher?

Sell it, gift it, or custom paint it.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#257 Posted: 15:56:54 09/02/2016
Quote: BahamutBreaker

Sell it, gift it, or custom paint it.

Yeah, with some of the sales I have found I've ended up with a few dupes myself. I have extra Dark Spitfire, Dark Hot Streak, Dark SS Stealth Elf, regular SS Stealth Elf, Chaos Trophy, Air Trophy for Superchargers and many figures from previous games. I should probably do something with them eventually.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#258 Posted: 16:36:16 09/02/2016
Personally I've always been really careful not to get dupes. The only dupes I have are from the Trap 8-Pack (already had 2 of the Traps) and I'm planning on getting the Dark Starter for Wii U but then I would end up with a second Kaos Trophy.

Does anyone here know if GameStop accepts used Trophies?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#259 Posted: 16:39:02 09/02/2016
My only dupes were a S1 Hex and an Earth Trap which got lost in the mail for months and I assumed they were gone,sold them on sight. Kinda regretting it as I've since found out people really like my customs and will pay a bit over retail for them >w> However,things might be different in the US since they're more common.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:39:57 09/02/2016 by Bifrost
#260 Posted: 16:43:47 09/02/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Personally I've always been really careful not to get dupes. The only dupes I have are from the Trap 8-Pack (already had 2 of the Traps) and I'm planning on getting the Dark Starter for Wii U but then I would end up with a second Kaos Trophy.

Does anyone here know if GameStop accepts used Trophies?

It is inevitable the way Activision does Starter packs these days. Not to mention when Gamestop has run B1G1 sales and I want an odd number of figures. It is a waste to not at least get something when it is free.
#261 Posted: 19:34:03 09/02/2016
GUESS WHO'S HERE!

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#262 Posted: 19:43:08 09/02/2016
Quote: Drawdler
^ Wait, does yours have pink on the antennae, or is it just the lighting? If it doesn't, I think you just opened a defect, whoops. smilie

He looks better without pink there...

Not pink anttenae on him.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#263 Posted: 20:00:24 09/02/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
GUESS WHO'S HERE!

[User Posted Image]

WHAT DID I DO TO GO TO HELL!?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#264 Posted: 21:09:18 09/02/2016
Has anyone tried to place eggcited thrillipede con the portal without unboxing it?caz the box is to high,maybe it won't work.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#265 Posted: 22:39:16 09/02/2016
ehh it should work....but with the crapy new portal it might not. And the satan look is do to his whole eye being black (witch i can fix) not sure why they missed that in the testing...you think someone would have noticed it...asking .." ahh... guy? ...this is sapose to be an easter design right?....why is his entire eyes black? ...it's kinda giving me the creeps" waiting for him to jump at the camera and get real close to the lens and say ..."you Will fear the Thrillipede..hee hee hee hee"
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#266 Posted: 23:15:36 09/02/2016
IT HAS COME. THE BRINGER OF YOUR DOOM.

[User Posted Image]

More pictures here, and here so this page doesn't stretch beyond imagination.
---
Dead
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#267 Posted: 00:15:17 10/02/2016
I love the yellow base, and that color is beautiful.....but I still have no desire to buy him.
---
Hahahahaha
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#268 Posted: 00:16:11 10/02/2016
Egg cited Thrillipede looks like it's made SUUUUUUPER cheaply.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#269 Posted: 02:02:19 10/02/2016
Oh you people so lucky, wont be out con muy country until the 11th march. Still no vids Of his movessmilie
---
#270 Posted: 02:18:57 10/02/2016
Quote: angelg
Oh you people so lucky, wont be out con muy country until the 11th march. Still no vids Of his movessmilie

Just letting you know, since you were curious, when he grows his wings, they're temporary and he stays in place when flying. His wings are insect like.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#271 Posted: 02:32:37 10/02/2016

I know right?! All his trailer shows is jumping, jumping, more jumpingHEEEEEY LOOK NOW HE'S DRIVIIIIING VROOM VROOM LOOK AT THESE SLICK RIDES VROOM VROOM VEHICLES ARE AWESOOOOOME
#272 Posted: 02:34:33 10/02/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan

I know right?! All his trailer shows is jumping, jumping, more jumpingHEEEEEY LOOK NOW HE'S DRIVIIIIING VROOM VROOM LOOK AT THESE SLICK RIDES VROOM VROOM VEHICLES ARE AWESOOOOOME

I think that was intentional. His game-play is great!
---
#273 Posted: 03:53:02 10/02/2016

Just letting you know, since you were curious, when he grows his wings, they're temporary and he stays in place when flying. His wings are insect like.

Thanks hihd,mega spyro also confirm this,so now my dissapointment regarding this skill is 100% sure.would have been great to hover around, and even doing damage with the wings.maybe is just a feeling but flying is becoming less important.i know it doesn't have an important role or anything,but still,i like that feeling.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:54:51 10/02/2016 by angelg
#274 Posted: 03:59:31 10/02/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan

Yeah,that was exactly my feeling when watching the trailer. Expecting a great outcome which never came.

I wouldn't have said it better,lol.

Edit: sorry forma double post.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:00:43 10/02/2016 by angelg
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#275 Posted: 06:56:37 10/02/2016
Wait.

So why does he fly if he doesn't even attack?
Is it some kind of attack which make him grow wings just for that move or what...?

Either way, disappointed.
A truly missed opportunity to make a character's gameplay even more unique.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#276 Posted: 11:55:28 10/02/2016
Quote: Drek95
Wait.

Is it some kind of attack which make him grow wings just for that move or what...?

Feeling exactly the same way.it was a great chance to perform a unique skylander transformation, the same way a worm stops crawling and begins flying.i was expecting something like pop fizz and bat spin where their changing really males a difference in their gameplay.
---
#277 Posted: 15:16:44 10/02/2016
Wait.

Feeling exactly the same way.it was a great chance to perform a unique skylander transformation, the same way a worm stops crawling and begins flying.i was expecting something like pop fizz and bat spin where their changing really males a difference in their gameplay.

Actually, it's a great upgrade either way. He doesn't take damage from enemies while in the air and can throw a powerful barrage of grenades while flying.
---
#278 Posted: 15:27:59 10/02/2016
Yeah,but isn't it the same as having that cocoon thing but less startup?
---
#279 Posted: 15:40:20 10/02/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah,but isn't it the same as having that cocoon thing but less startup?

You go into the cocoon, wait about a second and then burst out flying. In the cocoon you can't attack unless you burst out of it. The cocoon burst does less damage then the grenade barrage.
---
#280 Posted: 16:20:14 10/02/2016
Wait.

Actually, it's a great upgrade either way. He doesn't take damage from enemies while in the air and can throw a powerful barrage of grenades while flying.

Actually, I ran through the 3rd chapter, and those enemies that lob things right before the sea zone seemed to damage me.
---
Dead
#281 Posted: 16:21:48 10/02/2016
Quote: mega spyro

Actually, I ran through the 3rd chapter, and those enemies that lob things right before the sea zone seemed to damage me.

Really? It must be certain attacks then. My bad.

Either way, it's still a great upgrade. I don't want people to think it's useless.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#282 Posted: 17:36:16 10/02/2016
It wasn't my intention to say it was an useless upgrade.
I was genuinely confused because I couldn't understand the idea of growing wings only to remain in place.

Now that you explained it, it seems like an useful upgrade and a unique way of 'flying".
That being said I'm not a fan of these kind of restrictions (Blackout is another example, High Five is already a different concept) and it seems like a missed opportunity for shaking things up.

I think Hurricane Jet-Vac is more or less on the same boat, having mechanical wings he cannot actually use.

I really wish for more flying characters in the future (and Trap Team's way of flying could work perfectly for older winged Skylanders who previously couldn't fly).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#283 Posted: 17:48:08 10/02/2016
It wasn't my intention to say it was an useless upgrade.
I was genuinely confused because I couldn't understand the idea of growing wings only to remain in place.

Now that you explained it, it seems like an useful upgrade and a unique way of 'flying".
That being said I'm not a fan of these kind of restrictions (Blackout is another example, High Five is already a different concept) and it seems like a missed opportunity for shaking things up.

I think Hurricane Jet-Vac is more or less on the same boat, having mechanical wings he cannot actually use.

I really wish for more flying characters in the future (and Trap Team's way of flying could work perfectly for older winged Skylanders who previously couldn't fly).

Jumping should have been a thing for Skylanders since the beginning and that's how flying should have been done, not a waste of an upgrade.
---
#284 Posted: 17:53:37 10/02/2016
That's really true. Maybe during SSA flying should've been the jump button,it's alright if it's as useless as it still is, but the upgrade slot it took hurt Spyro and some other skylanders hard in the long run. Drobot's the only one that benefits from having one in ways others than movement because of Afterburners.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:53:54 10/02/2016 by Bifrost
#285 Posted: 19:48:29 10/02/2016
Well Target got the combos for Roller Brawl and Pop Fizz but nothing else. How long does it take Best Buy to get new Waves? I really just need Spitfire at this point. Maybe I should just order him from TRU.com.
#286 Posted: 19:48:32 10/02/2016
Yeah the double jump flight has been a good implementation, i wouldn't mind being able to take flight with a direct one push button though.

I toó tope there will be more flying skylanders in the next game,those are usually the ones who catch my eye. In scc there aren't really any flyers smilie spitfire,stormblade, jet vac revamp are able to do so,but then again is the same which happened with sunburn,scratch,etc

As for thrillipede,i guess the skill is cool and all, but damn, I wish i could move around with those wings,just because i love going through levels while flying (when posible). I'm gonna ttry to see the positive side though: he has wings and they are cool.
---
#287 Posted: 23:57:22 10/02/2016
I've decided to wait a bit longer before I buy the Triple Pack with BB Roller Brawl and that ended up as a good idea. I just checked amazon and the price of the Undead Dual Pack was lowered to 28$ and it could already arrive this week. I almost instantly bought it and I'm glad I don't have to buy a duplicate. smilie
#288 Posted: 13:57:46 11/02/2016
Psst ... the Land Racing Pack can be pre-ordered now on Amazon for release on 2/15. If you have Prime, you get 20% off on pre-orders.
benccisne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1199
#289 Posted: 15:37:22 11/02/2016
Got my Easter variants in today from Amazon........ I remembered why I wait for them to come to stores to buy them. What I got today were the two worst looking paint jobs I've ever seen and glue dangling from thrillipedes arm. Oh and he isn't even completely put onto the base the pegs are showing about an eighth of an inch. So aggravating. Can't wait for them to hit stores so I can sift through a box of turds to find both that aren't complete garbage. Then I can turn around and return them to get my money back. Thanks activision for the shoty work. Thanks for taking my money.
#290 Posted: 15:41:15 11/02/2016
Well, you should be blaming Amazon for sending you the worst looking ones, if it's visible from the box. I think, no expert in those, never got those with crazy bad quality even from the stores in Brazil which should get the sloppiest quality.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:46:10 11/02/2016 by Bifrost
benccisne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1199
#291 Posted: 15:52:58 11/02/2016
Amazon just gets the product shipped to their warehouse activision has control over manufacturing them with toys for bob. So it is activisions fault. The boxes were not damaged the product inside is the issue. So I can't blame Amazon for doing their job of putting my order from a shelf into a box. That is about how much control of it they have. So no I won't blame Amazon it's not their fault it's activisions as well as mine because I know how their variants are.
#292 Posted: 16:05:51 11/02/2016
That's the reason why I hate buying Skylanders online, you can't actually look at the figure you'll be getting. Luckily my figures always had good paint jobs (except for Nitro Freeze Blade who has a small hole in his foot, but it doesn't really bother me), though I remember seeing a Jade Flashwing in a local store of mine where her right eye was beneath the spot where it should be and was painted on multiple times, it was truly terrifying. I sure hope my BB Roller Brawl will look fine, I'm dying to finally get her.
#293 Posted: 16:12:33 11/02/2016
Ordering online that is always a risk. You could get crushed packaging, or defective paint/figures. It's a bigger risk for international shipping, because then you have to mess with return shipping and a possible language barrier. At least with Amazon, you can set up a defective replacement return and they pay for the shipping and send you a new one no problem (assuming you don't have an overly extensive history of returns).
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#294 Posted: 17:18:10 11/02/2016
What is the UPC code on the bottom of the box for Spring Ahead Dive Bomber?

Also, if you got it at TRU, what number is on the receipt?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:22:36 11/02/2016 by 4inCreation
#295 Posted: 17:29:20 11/02/2016
Quote: 4inCreation
What is the UPC code on the bottom of the box for Spring Ahead Dive Bomber?

Also, if you got it at TRU, what number is on the receipt?

Number on the bottom for Dive Bomber is 0 47875 87574 6

Thrillipede's is 0 47875 87520 3
---
Dead
#296 Posted: 18:27:27 11/02/2016
I think the problem is just figure quality. I take it they're being mass produced in a way that not one person checks them for quality control. It's pathetic really. I mean, sure you have more control over which figure you get in store but I have seen pegs filled with terrible/shoddy paint jobs and assembly where your only real option (thanks to never knowing if there will be more stock or not) is to get the least offensive version.

Spyro's Adventure figures have been the best for me. From Giants onwards they've been suspect.
#297 Posted: 18:55:43 11/02/2016
I think the problem is just figure quality. I take it they're being mass produced in a way that not one person checks them for quality control. It's pathetic really. I mean, sure you have more control over which figure you get in store but I have seen pegs filled with terrible/shoddy paint jobs and assembly where your only real option (thanks to never knowing if there will be more stock or not) is to get the least offensive version.

Spyro's Adventure figures have been the best for me. From Giants onwards they've been suspect.

It is a matter of Activision cheaping out on figure quality. Either they have hired out cheaper and cheaper China manufacturers or they have attempted to go cheaper on the contract with them, or as is often the case with China manufacturing the manufacturer is cutting corners as time has gone by where they can and Activision isn't holding their feet to the fire. My mom works in furniture importing, and she has told me that they are cheap, but you have to watch them like a hawk because they will cut corners anywhere they can get away with and it is something she has to deal with on a regular basis. It is the standard business mentality in China.

The manufacturer Disney uses for Infinity has a much better reputation as I understand, hence the higher price on their figures. There was a small dip in quality at the start of 2.0 (noted in some reviews), but that got fixed really quick - later 2.0 and 3.0 have been excellent. I have a feeling someone at Disney ripped someone in manufacturing a new one over that. The problem I see is Skylanders prices have quickly reached parity with Infinity yet the quality is even lower than it was in the days when a new Skylanders were $7.99 at TRU.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#298 Posted: 21:17:23 11/02/2016
That's the reason why I hate buying Skylanders online, you can't actually look at the figure you'll be getting. Luckily my figures always had good paint jobs (except for Nitro Freeze Blade who has a small hole in his foot, but it doesn't really bother me), though I remember seeing a Jade Flashwing in a local store of mine where her right eye was beneath the spot where it should be and was painted on multiple times, it was truly terrifying. I sure hope my BB Roller Brawl will look fine, I'm dying to finally get her.

OMG! That's exactly what my Jade Flashwing looked like.
First | Previous | Page 6 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me