Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > My thoughts on the first Spyro
Page 1 of 1
My thoughts on the first Spyro [CLOSED]
JonnyPow Red Sparx Gems: 70
#1 Posted: 22:43:48 16/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Hi guys, I've heard a lot of people say that the first Spyro game is just average, especially compared to the later ones. But I personally think it's way better than just average, I think it's a truly great game. Don't get me wrong I love all three original games, and have nostalgia for all of them, since I played them countless times when I was a kid. I just feel the first game is quite underrated.

So I thought you might find this video I made interesting where I go into detail about my thoughts on Spyro 1? I'd be interested to see what you guys think smilie

Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#2 Posted: 22:55:36 16/09/2015
Well, I've never seen someone say that the first game started bad,it just didn't age well compared to the others.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#3 Posted: 05:07:09 17/09/2015
Nice video!

I think what the original Spyro (all three of the originals, actually) needs is an HD revamp like the Banjo games got. The HD Banjo revamps are the same games as the classics yet have some extra polish added to take advantage of modern gaming sensibilities (and graphical advantages). If Spyro got something like that it'd be a lot easier for newcomers to appreciate the awesome aspects of the game.
---
Boop me if you see this.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#4 Posted: 05:54:10 17/09/2015
They think that beacuse of how, i don't know how to say it like an eh...it was good. But, they expected more for the game.

I haved play it before, it's just i coulden't get further with the game, i guess it's not my type of game. I might give it another chance and maybe i'll change my opinion.
JonnyPow Red Sparx Gems: 70
#5 Posted: 12:23:48 17/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks folks, some interesting replies here. I personally feel that Spyro 1 has its pros and cons, though overall I'd rate it as highly as 2 and 3. I know that the later two games had more variety and were bigger games in terms of content, but for me Spyro 1 has my favourite atmosphere. The level design and art style, the music, the fact the enemies are pretty scary at times and the way the game feels like a pretty epic quest and that only Spyro can save the day all make the game my personal favourite of the series.

Of course it's all subjective and I enjoy all of the original games, but I personally feel Spyro 1 holds up just as well as the other two.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me