darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Spoiler Discussion Topic (*SPOILERS*)
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Spoiler Discussion Topic (*SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1 Posted: 19:02:57 16/09/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

I figured I'd start this now as a consolidated general impression and opinion thread for those of us that play the game. There will be spoilers since we will be discussing the actual game so I don't see the need to use spoiler tags. It's a game discussion thread...spoilers will be the theme smilie . Happy Hunting this Sunday everyone and I look forward to playing and discussing Super Chargers with everyone.

For a spoiler free game discussion go here:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=122138

You've been warned!!!
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 12:39:51 24/09/2015 by TTD
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#2 Posted: 19:04:18 16/09/2015
Great idea.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Goldfish Green Sparx Gems: 461
#3 Posted: 19:20:13 16/09/2015
next Friday for uk. I hate where I live.
---
If bone bash roller brawl isn't OP, i'll be mad.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:30 16/09/2015 by Goldfish
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#4 Posted: 19:21:13 16/09/2015
Quote: Goldfish
next Friday for uk. I hate where I live.

That sucks.Oh well at least you guys are still getting the game.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#5 Posted: 21:25:53 16/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Would it be possible for a mod to give this thread sticky status?
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#6 Posted: 12:19:59 17/09/2015
Quote: Tigorus

Shouldn't the thread only exist AFTER it's subject does?
If you wants to be the one who makes it, you should race to be the first person to do so AFTER release with everyone else who wants to rather than reserve the thread in advance... Now that's some bull right there...
Now let 's just hope this thread dies in the next couple days so you DON'T get what you want...
Because if it's active by then, it will probably be stickied...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:22:32 17/09/2015 by juarmo
#7 Posted: 15:06:00 17/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: juarmo

Shouldn't the thread only exist AFTER it's subject does?
If you wants to be the one who makes it, you should race to be the first person to do so AFTER release with everyone else who wants to rather than reserve the thread in advance... Now that's some bull right there...
Now let 's just hope this thread dies in the next couple days so you DON'T get what you want...
Because if it's active by then, it will probably be stickied...

Well having been here since 2011, the first thing that happens on launch day is that everyone makes a separate thread discussing their views and opinions regarding the game. This was a pre-preemptive strike to consolidate this normal activity before it got too crazy.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#8 Posted: 22:06:55 17/09/2015

I honestly feel that there are already more than enough sticky topics currently on the SuperChargers board. There is already a PSA regarding spoilers which should deter users from posting spoilers. On the other hand, I feel that the topic is a great idea so I will post a link on the OP of the general discussion topic and post it again as a new reply there also.
#9 Posted: 23:08:05 17/09/2015 | Topic Creator
I edited my first post with a link to the spoiler free discussion thread. That should clear things up for peeps that don't want to be spoiled.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 12:38:10 24/09/2015 by TTD
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#10 Posted: 16:07:15 18/09/2015
Just watched the intro...
I called it smilie Eon was captured and Kaos did the intro instead! Amazing! It seems the story really is more suspenseful now, as this is the year where I'm most hyped for the story so far! I just hope they reference Trap Team and how Kaos escaped later on.
#11 Posted: 03:37:20 21/09/2015 | Topic Creator
So early impressions are extremely favorable. This game is a blast. I know the focus is on racing so no Doom Challenge or Arenas (so far) but the Core game is so much fun I can't believe it. Such a breath of fresh air compared to Trap Team. There are a few questionable bit with the story but ehh. I love how the Land of the Undead has the old SSA music from Undead zones. Fiesta is amazing as well as Gill Grunt...Holy Cow Gill is a freaking beast. NO RUFUS!!! So far the game has that whole "X-mas morning" feel. Something I've missed since Swap Force. More later.

Edit:

Another thing worth mentioning is that the Wii U looks amazing. Is it me or does Wii U Super Chargers look better that Wii U Trap Team?...I think it does lol.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:45:55 21/09/2015 by Tigorus
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#12 Posted: 11:18:20 24/09/2015
Since many have requested this topic to become a sticky, I've done it. Just a bit worried about the clutter of sticky topics at the top.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#13 Posted: 13:00:29 24/09/2015
Quote: Drawdler
So, you can get the Element of the Elemental Vehicle Zone in the Academy changed if people didn't know. Just talk to Grizzo and he changes it to your current vehicle's Element.

Though stupidly it reloads the entire Academy when you do that smilie;

Yeah it took me like five minutes just to get it switched...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#14 Posted: 13:13:33 24/09/2015
Well, since this will be brought up eventually - what do you guys think of the character development this game?

Others had stuff like 'X character respects Y now', but now this is ACTUAL development. Glumshanks went full on grey alignment(serving Kaos or against him, he really just wants him and the Academy people to be ok), Kaos learned there's more fun on winning as yourself than using someone else's shortcut, Hugo's know-it-all mask fell apart entirely at the fear of not having someone higher up on the ranks to tell him what to do. Really interesting changes there.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#15 Posted: 13:19:17 24/09/2015
I think it was fantastic, while it was nothing huge, I feel like it'll be expanded on in the future.

I also like how serious Buzz was this time around.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#16 Posted: 13:24:41 24/09/2015
Yeah, Buzz's outburst when Mags is working on the Rift Engine is downright scary. Before you couldn't tell how he got the job in the first place,but now you wonder why did it take so long for you to find out about him.

Also,oh yeah, the elephant in the room - KAOS ISN'T THE FINAL VILLAIN. I remember people were trying to compare Kaos to Bowser in that they'd always be the guy behind it all - but guess what,both are in this game, none are the final boss. So we can actually have the argument now that future games can have other villains taking over like the 3DS games.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#17 Posted: 13:24:59 24/09/2015
I loved it, if TFB can match this then all my concerns for the series decline will be gone. I personally like VV's figures this time more than in SSF. The quests were amazing as well.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#18 Posted: 15:25:29 24/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Character development was awesome. The whole time I couldn't help thinking "hmm these characters have a T.F.B. feel to them". Previously I would have said game play and design would go to V.V. with character design and story going to T.F.B. S.C. really has a lot of meat and potatoes this time...it's a more balanced meal. Also what is with V.V. giving way more attention to Glummshanks than T.F.B.? V.V. likes to make him a full fledged supporting character while T.F.B. will just have him around...kind of weird.

So who else is p.o.'d that the Magic Items from Adventure packs do jack and squat in the game? WTF was that? They've all been reduced to treasure items that give small amounts of gold (only some of them) when you visit the Academy? That's so dumb. While I think this is the best Core experience since S.S.A. they've done a lot I can't stand. Still no arenas, pvp, Magic Items, Challenges, Adventure packs, Doom Challenge and a few others. I understand that the racing component is very strong and feels like it's own game, I'm just not the largest racing fan. The end game value of the racing component will need to be gauged over time.

I loved the ending though. When those credits rolled with the cheesy Super Chargers sound, I was like "that's it?" lol. Then the credits start distorting and BAM, out pops super mega ultra deluxe armored Darkness!! Loved it, I actually laughed out loud.
#19 Posted: 16:47:54 24/09/2015
For a second I was scared it'd end at Emperor Kaos, as I just said, he's always the final boss and final villain. I gladly accepted the surprise though.
On the boss fight itself, I'm still very convinced they were trying to replicate Master Core ABIS(Fighting in a womhole that happens to double as a race track, building up speed to crash into it) or Time Eater(the wormhole as well as the lasers and minions).
Not a bad thing either - I remember ABIS being super frustrating, and everyone says Time Eater is too easy and repetitive; The Darkness feels like a new and improved mix of both.It just screamed modern Sonic all around.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:54:02 24/09/2015 by Bifrost
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#20 Posted: 18:00:49 24/09/2015
Flynn just ruins everything this time in this game eh? He broke the portal twice..
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#21 Posted: 18:02:45 24/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
Man, I oficially hate Flynn now. Glumshanks' sacrifice was really sad and well-done and he hampered it right afterward. Great job Flynn, you're such insensitive, dumb and overused comic relief. :/

Flynn was being Flynn though. I was more pissed they had Eon glaze right over it. At least Cali was willing to speak up and acknowledge the "sacrifice".
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#22 Posted: 19:02:49 24/09/2015
As always people are bashing characters in the game...
#23 Posted: 19:06:40 24/09/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey

Well yeah,that's what complaining about characters is called. Flynn crossed a line, what's the big deal about being mad about it?
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#24 Posted: 19:06:44 24/09/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey

Is it a bad thing?

Users have been complaining on certain characters for ages.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#25 Posted: 20:17:06 24/09/2015 | Topic Creator
See I wasn't mad at Flynn, again he's just being himself. He's always been an egocentric moron but you accept that about him. Eon is supposed to be the ultimate force for good and he didn't even acknowledge the sacrifice. Even Buzz was second guessing his stance (at least that was implied by his distraught look at seeing Glummy sacrifice himself (at least that's what I saw lol)) at giving Glummshanks a hard time about being a spy. I thought that was an interesting writing choice based on how well the rest of the game was written. I was expecting a "Let us always remember the noble sacrifice of the hero Glummshanks and remember what we're fighting for"...kind of speech from Eon. So in my book he got knocked down a peg. I also think they should have had us think Glums was actually gone for a few levels instead of "Oh hey he's fine but he's a prize in a monster vehicle derby". The impact of finding him alive would have been more substantial.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:40 24/09/2015 by Tigorus
#26 Posted: 20:20:55 24/09/2015
Yeah, I said that in another thread - the impact was well done with the overcast Academy,but unless you stop there for the day, it's not exactly well excecuted. If Glumshanks was missing for several levels and there was the lingering thought of 'is he ACTUALLY dead?!' it'd feel much stronger.

To be fair, The Bandit Train actually seems to disconnected from its place as penultimate level I wouldn't be surprised if it was to be between this and Vault of the Ancients at some point. Hugo's "why is everything going wrong?!" would be SO much more powerful with two characters missing.

Also we can't punish Panderghast for pretty much kidnapping and asking for ramson when they're kinda trying not to die with the rest of the dimension and Glumshanks is their only lead to anything. He showed his sleazy face in his airship,can't we at least "accidentally" knock him out of it? ._.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:23:12 24/09/2015 by Bifrost
#27 Posted: 20:34:54 24/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Totally feel the same about the Train Level Bifrost. If they took that level out and placed the Ridepocylipse there it would have been so much better. It would have also put more urgency on getting Glums back to help them infiltrate the Sky Eater.

Also as an interesting side note, did anyone catch that the voice actor for Tyrael from Diablo 3 (Jonathan Adams) voiced the Darkness? Go from voicing an Arch-Angel to the ultimate dark force...ironic. He nailed it though.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:39:22 24/09/2015 by Tigorus
#28 Posted: 20:39:22 24/09/2015
That's who he is? My mind locked into 'THIS IS THE OLD SPICE GUY' and I was completely lost when I couldn't find Isaiah Mustafa on the credits.
---
#29 Posted: 20:40:58 24/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah it's not on his I.M.D.B. profile (let's face it they miss a lot when it comes to voice actors) but he's the second name in the voice acting credits. It makes since seeing the Blizz/Activision is the same company...keeping it in the family.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:41:14 24/09/2015 by Tigorus
#30 Posted: 20:41:39 24/09/2015
Heres the Boss Presuit of Mesmerelda!

---
#31 Posted: 20:43:01 24/09/2015
And that this series is inspired by Diablo gameplay :U
He's listed as a voice in TT as well,but I have no idea who he possibly was in that game.

Luminous,Kinsei already posted a video with ALL Sea villains.Battles AND gameplay.

---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:44:31 24/09/2015 by Bifrost
#32 Posted: 20:45:21 24/09/2015
Oh cool! I'll be sure to watch them!

Ok for those wondering

Mesmerelda's vehicle is called the Wave Singer
Frightbeard's Vehicle is The Lil' Phantom Tide
Spellslamzer's Vehicle is the Rune Slider
and Golden Queen's vehicle is the Glitter Glider

I love Glitter Glider's name lol
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:01 24/09/2015 by Luminous35
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#33 Posted: 23:55:25 24/09/2015
I need someone to post Supercharged With Love on youtube.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#34 Posted: 23:58:27 24/09/2015
Quote: Bionichute

If Pull Your Strings is any indication, it'll get taken down on sight once the official channel posts it, so unless Soundcloud is an alternative it probably will take a while.

On the villain boats, I would totally buy a Lil' Phantom Tide over Sea Shadow. It's the most adorable killing machine ship ever.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:00:56 25/09/2015 by Bifrost
RK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#35 Posted: 00:01:03 25/09/2015
Quote: Bionichute

The credits version doesn't include the first half of the song tho'(The one that plays during the fake out). And I'm afraid posting it on youtube would get Activision to copyright the hell out of the channel, just like they did with Mesmeralda's song.

That being said I did rip the credits part of the song but, dunno if I can post it on youtube without having major problems later. Just got it to have an easy way of listening to it.
#36 Posted: 00:54:41 25/09/2015
So happy! I got Astroblast's Soul gem! By the looks of it, His Soul Gem is that Astrosheep. YESSSHHH!
---
#37 Posted: 19:46:55 25/09/2015
The Darkness' length depends on the mode, so yeah that changes.I watched FGTV and he went to the track area in the first hit straight away. Same for Warden Moneybone, his minons take like two hits on Medium, but that and Stratosfear might be because I used Hot Streak's homing fire.
---
#38 Posted: 19:48:52 25/09/2015
I can say that Stratosfear and Moneybone are really fun, on low difficulties at least. Maybe not Moneybone for you, since you said you had trouble seeing stuff, but he was really fun for me.

The only level I didn't like was The Bandit Train, mostly because it seemed like pointless filler, and the challenge versions of it suuuuuuck.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#39 Posted: 19:51:01 25/09/2015
Yeah, same on Bandit Train. The Brawlrus recolor came out of nowhere; maybe if they put an actual recurring villain there like... Well,EVERYWHERE ELSE, it'd feel more satisfying because the puzzles there aren't half bad.

Hard really seems to be the go-to mode in this game. Medium is still too easy,and Nightmare seems to be made of damage sponges.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#40 Posted: 20:02:50 25/09/2015
All right, the following is my opinion on all the levels (just beat the game this morning):

• Motley Meadows - A good and serviceable first level. Does a decent job at introducing you to the game's mechanics.
  • The Cloudbreather's Crag - Another good level. I especially liked the whole temple on the back of the dragon thing.
  • Cloud Kingdom - The clouds got pretty annoying and the Lord Stratosfear fight wasn't great, but other than that okay.
  • Land of the Undead - Pretty bland-looking. And the Count Moneybone boss fight did get kind of annoying.
  • Battlebrawl Island - Short, but decent.
  • Spell Punk Library - Probably the best level in the game creative and artistic-wise.
  • Gadfly Glades - Great level, if not just for the crazy collector character alone.
  • Cap'n Cluck's Chicken HQ - The size-altering gimmick was okay. Boss fight against Cluck wasn't great though.
  • Monstrous Isles - Better Godzilla game than the other recent one we got.
  • Rideocalypse Demo Derby - As I said, I'm not a fan of that specific control scheme for land vehicles, so it wasn't my favorite level.
  • Vault of the Ancients - I liked the whole magnetism gimmick this level had, and was pretty well designed.
  • The Bandit Train - Honestly, just feels like they ran out of level ideas but still wanted to pad out the game.
  • The Sky Eater - That Darkness credits fake out though. Like holy moly. Good level, great final boss.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#41 Posted: 20:09:28 25/09/2015
My favorite levels for the game were definately Spell Punk Library,Monstrous Isles and Vault of the Ancients - though on that last one I'm holding out for a working co-op link with someone with the other terrains, apparently it's pretty cool complete but I don't want to see that in a LP.
---
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#42 Posted: 20:16:14 25/09/2015
Gr8 topic. Btw is kaos hard this time around?
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
#43 Posted: 20:19:23 25/09/2015
Nope,complete pushover. The spinning blocks are scary at first but then you find out that,unlike all his previous boss battles,he has a huge blind spot in front or below him most of the time.
---
#44 Posted: 20:26:19 25/09/2015
I actually thought the Kaos boss wasn't long enough, but then again, I was playing on medium difficulty.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me