darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Thoughts for the final new eon's elites?
Page 1 of 1
Thoughts for the final new eon's elites?
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#1 Posted: 03:47:14 19/07/2015 | Topic Creator
So with our new eons elites announced, we still have no news on a new fire or air one (light and dark as well) so who do you think they'll be?

To be honest, they seem to be capitalizing on the "forgotten" skylanders so I think Sunburn and Warnado are likely, but Lightning Rod and Flameslinger may also have a shot in my opinion.

Also, do you think blackout and spotlight will make a return as ee's? I say no.
---
now its time to get funky
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 03:49:56 19/07/2015
I say no.
acriley91 Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#3 Posted: 04:20:16 19/07/2015
I believe they are only going to be the 6 they've already announced, with no fire and air
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 04:40:52 19/07/2015
Only Elite Dino-Rang, Voodood, Boomer, Ghost Roaster, Slam Bam, and Zook are the Eon's Elite of SuperChargers. No Air and Fire.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#5 Posted: 04:50:34 19/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Only Elite Dino-Rang, Voodood, Boomer, Ghost Roaster, Slam Bam, and Zook are the Eon's Elite of SuperChargers. No Air and Fire.

Is there any specified reason of this?
---
#6 Posted: 04:53:46 19/07/2015
None, so far.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#7 Posted: 04:59:28 19/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Wow...
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#8 Posted: 05:29:17 19/07/2015
Sadly a big confession I have to admit is that they seem to have kinda cheated with the designs. While not all reposes are completely original poses for the most part, these poses look like totally slightly altered versions of the original. First off the obvious smilie looks nearly like his series 2 pose, but now has goggles, his sled and a finger pointing in the air. Then there's smilie who almost looks just like his first figure only now he's holding bombs, one eye looks like its bugging out more now and his ears slightly off from his original. Interestingly enough his arms look longer and skinnier now from his original. Finally smilie is practically sitting on the base like normal, has one arm nearly identical to his first figure and his face is almost the same.

Now this doesn't mean I hate the new figures and I do love how they look, but I really wanted to see more effort into making them look very different from their first poses so it doesn't make the figures look redundant. If smilie, smilie and smilie look similar to their previous posts, then more will understand what I'm referring to similar poses. Otherwise, I do still love the figures and look forward to welcoming them back to the series and hope new portal masters love them like we did.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#9 Posted: 06:09:32 19/07/2015
I would be deeply upset if they made no air or fire characters (incomplete set), and indifferent if they had light/dark since the EE series focuses on the original game.
---
#all Spyros are valid
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#10 Posted: 08:03:01 19/07/2015
Light and Dark are very unlikely since those elements are new and there are only three skylanders in each element. I would absolutely LOVE to see an Elite Sunburn but the way it sounds, it will only be six.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#11 Posted: 08:27:40 19/07/2015
Hasn't been an official word on if we are getting just 6. Just that 6 have been mentioned.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#12 Posted: 08:34:16 19/07/2015
Only 6, confirmed by the press.
---
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#13 Posted: 09:02:03 19/07/2015
Why have they chosen not to do a EE of Fire and Air? Is there any reason for them to do this?
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#14 Posted: 09:31:24 19/07/2015
Quote: BlackWing116
Why have they chosen not to do a EE of Fire and Air? Is there any reason for them to do this?

Because Lord Sunburn is a beautiful and glorious skylander and it is impossible to recreate her beauty into an Eon's Elite figure.
She is the Goddess of Skylanders, and no other Fire Skylander is beautiful enough to be part of the Eon's Elite Wave 2 besides her.
But one cannot simply recreate her beauty into an Eon's Elite figure, as she cannot become more beautiful than she already is.

TL;DR: Lord Sunburn is a beautiful Cinnamon Roll too good for this world, too pure.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#15 Posted: 10:31:09 19/07/2015
*ahem*... Except Sunburn is a male...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#16 Posted: 10:34:05 19/07/2015
Quote: Drek95

oh

OH

I'VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG ALL THIS TIME
---
You can't handle MEMES
#17 Posted: 10:38:32 19/07/2015
Quote: Qcumber

oh

OH

Oh... you didn't know Sunburn was a male...?

Anyways. It sounds truly strange for activision to give the least favourite of all forgotten skylanders a chance but leave Sunburn out of all of it. I know Sunburn has a big fanbase and alot of Portal Masters like this Phoenix Dragon hybrit. Why would activision want to miss out on such a selling hit? (IMO)
#18 Posted: 10:41:51 19/07/2015
CORRECTION:

Because Lord Sunburn is a beautiful and glorious skylander and it is impossible to recreate HIS beauty into an Eon's Elite figure.
HE is the Goddess of Skylanders, and no other Fire Skylander is beautiful enough to be part of the Eon's Elite Wave 2 besides HIM.
But one cannot simply recreate HIS beauty into an Eon's Elite figure, as HE cannot become more beautiful than HE already is.

TL;DR: Lord Sunburn is a beautiful Cinnamon Roll too good for this world, too pure.
---
You can't handle MEMES
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#19 Posted: 11:55:33 19/07/2015

oh

OH

Anyways. It sounds truly strange for activision to give the least favourite of all forgotten skylanders a chance but leave Sunburn out of all of it. I know Sunburn has a big fanbase and alot of Portal Masters like this Phoenix Dragon hybrit. Why would activision want to miss out on such a selling hit? (IMO)

Have you never heard him say his catchphrase? He has a very manly voice.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
skygrin Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#20 Posted: 11:56:24 19/07/2015

oh

OH

What?! ghost roaster, boomer, dino rang, and voodood are awesome! why r u saying least favorites?
---
smilie gottee
#21 Posted: 11:56:52 19/07/2015
Quote: ninja9351

oh

OH

Have you never heard him say his catchphrase? He has a very manly voice.

HE'S STILL BEAUTIFUL THOUGH
---
You can't handle MEMES
#22 Posted: 12:48:58 19/07/2015
Quote: skygrin

oh

OH

What?! ghost roaster, boomer, dino rang, and voodood are awesome! why r u saying least favorites?

I was talking out of my own perspectieve. I don't mean to sound rude nor offensieve.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#23 Posted: 14:17:25 19/07/2015
I wouldn't doubt it if one of their "surprises" is the announcement of two additional elites. Yawn.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#24 Posted: 14:27:47 19/07/2015
To me they ARE leaving out the worst forgotten Skylander... but also leaving out poor ol' Wham Shell.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#25 Posted: 14:35:24 19/07/2015
at least he's had a mediocre lightcore re-appearance in Swap Force.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#26 Posted: 15:15:04 19/07/2015
Really hope they add sunburn and warnado hopefully they will be later and just not added at all
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#27 Posted: 16:07:59 19/07/2015
Quote: Skylanders fan
Really hope they add sunburn and warnado hopefully they will be later and just not added at all

sunburn is a beautiful cinnamon roll too good for skylands, too pure.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#28 Posted: 16:24:28 19/07/2015
Agreed...they need to include the complete set....if they are going to do a second run of these they need to do all 8. Would be AWSOME for a Eon's Elite Sunburn. One of my FAV'S Fire Elements....i.e. look at my name. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#29 Posted: 01:02:42 20/07/2015
its the bipedal or upright theme >.> the elites they wanted to also look like they could actually be put into the driver seat as well. who knows maybe they might be able to supercharge vehicles (as in any) compared to the other figures. I dont see warnado and sunburn in the mix due to the fact they are mostly 4 legged and not upright. wham shell is another water and that was covered already in the 6.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10050
#30 Posted: 01:08:14 20/07/2015
Quote: tigerdr
its the bipedal or upright theme >.> the elites they wanted to also look like they could actually be put into the driver seat as well. who knows maybe they might be able to supercharge vehicles (as in any) compared to the other figures. I dont see warnado and sunburn in the mix due to the fact they are mostly 4 legged and not upright. wham shell is another water and that was covered already in the 6.

Any Skylander can drive, this argument doesn't hold up.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#31 Posted: 01:52:28 20/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: tigerdr

Any Skylander can drive, this argument doesn't hold up.

sure show me spyro's supercharger...oh wait ;P it does if you pay attention to all the new characters that none are four legged and they are all upright.

people need to stop bringing up the any can drive thing, that's backwards compatibility only that doesn't reflect the superchargers at all. it's been said in other threads already as to why i said it again here. most people that ask questions on certain subjects really need to learn more of the subject manner. look at the patterns for the games, find the similarities between gimmicks and characters and you wouldve already seen this.

Sunburn, Warnado are four legged, they wouldn't get a eon elite so there isn't confusion as to why they couldnt be superchargers. It's like back in the day for swap force when there was no female swappers. It's a subject they are dancing around as to make it more so to not be so complex. For everyone screaming anyone can drive a vehicle and prove their own theories. As people what are we accustomed to on the road? people with two arms and two legs that drive in an upright position.

I don't disagree on the fact anyone can drive, but the appealing factor is it doesn't exactly look right. the only way most characters will be in the vehicles for swap force from older games is we might not even see them pilot the vehicles and just empty and or its not going to look that accurate. its all about appeal.

Its why you wont see spyro as one. Not as much as a not popular thing over pop fizz, but the fact of not being upright and he would be weird done so.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:59:33 20/07/2015 by tigerdr
#32 Posted: 05:28:46 20/07/2015 | Topic Creator
[quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=120460&post=5674624]tigerdr[/url]][quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=120460&post=5674569]Bifrost[/url]][quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=120460&post=5674555]tigerdr[/url]]its the bipedal or upright theme >.> the elites they wanted to also look like they could actually be put into the driver seat as well. who knows maybe they might be able to supercharge vehicles (as in any) compared to the other figures. I dont see warnado and sunburn in the mix due to the fact they are mostly 4 legged and not upright. wham shell is another water and that was covered already in the 6.[/quote]

Any Skylander can drive, this argument doesn't hold up.[/quote]

sure show me spyro's supercharger...oh wait ;P it does if you pay attention to all the new characters that none are four legged and they are all upright.

people need to stop bringing up the any can drive thing, that's backwards compatibility [b]only[/b] that doesn't reflect the superchargers at all. it's been said in other threads already as to why i said it again here. most people that ask questions on certain subjects really need to learn more of the subject manner. look at the patterns for the games, find the similarities between gimmicks and characters and you wouldve already seen this.

Sunburn, Warnado are four legged, they wouldn't get a eon elite so there isn't confusion as to why they couldnt be superchargers. It's like back in the day for swap force when there was no female swappers. It's a subject they are dancing around as to make it more so to not be so complex. For everyone screaming anyone can drive a vehicle and prove their own theories. As people what are we accustomed to on the road? people with two arms and two legs that drive in an upright position.

I don't disagree on the fact anyone can drive, but the appealing factor is it doesn't exactly look right. the only way most characters will be in the vehicles for swap force from older games is we might not even see them pilot the vehicles and just empty and or its not going to look that accurate. its all about appeal.

Its why you wont see spyro as one. Not as much as a not popular thing over pop fizz, but the fact of not being upright and he would be weird done so.[/quote]

Eruptor doesn't even have any hands, get he can hold a sword and drive. Aptitude has no legs but he can drive. So I don't exactly see your point
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#33 Posted: 06:47:44 20/07/2015
Realy...lets not start this again....ITS A GAME...any can drive ...i'm sure they have figured out the imagery for how all will sit in the vehicles...even the Giants. But to put another in the mix with Eruptor not having hands....the main character of SuperChargers(Spitfire) dosen't have any legs and he drives the car just fine...because its a video game...not real...hello? And this isn't about them being SuperChargers...but being Eon's Elites.
So can we stop with this "4 legged and not upright can't drive in an upright position" Spyro can sit down just fine....if you don't belive me load him your Trap Team and don't move him and watch....he sits down just fine. Besides you can barly see the figures in the vehicles anyway. This is a game people.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:53:08 20/07/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
#34 Posted: 09:08:18 20/07/2015
They simply went with the easiest concept for all the SuperChargers.
Once again V.V. decided to restrict themselves with humanoid-only characters just like they did with Swappers.

They could have come up with some more varied creatures (quadrupeds, characters with no limbs at all, ones with no arms, others with even more odd body shapes) since all the Skylanders including Pop Thorn, Wrecking Ball and Chopper can drive too, just to mention a few, but nope, better stick with obvious and "not-that-creative" Skylanders.

I know bipeds or upright Skylanders suits racing and driving quite well but really, after the stream of creativity that Trap Team was it's a bit disappointing to see a full cast of humanoids.
Apparently someone likes their Skylanders to be standard already-seen-before type heroes.

They did improve a lot with character diversity (just look at Spitfire and Dive-Clops) but I hate to see how much they tend to restrict their creativity, it's really a pity.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#35 Posted: 09:14:35 20/07/2015
They simply went with the easiest concept for all the SuperChargers.
Once again V.V. decided to restrict themselves with humanoid-only characters just like they did with Swappers.

They could have come up with some more varied creatures (quadrupeds, characters with no limbs at all, ones with no arms, others with even more odd body shapes) since all the Skylanders including Pop Thorn, Wrecking Ball and Chopper can drive too, just to mention a few, but nope, better stick with obvious and "not-that-creative" Skylanders.

I know bipeds or upright Skylanders suits racing and driving quite well but really, after the stream of creativity that Trap Team was it's a bit disappointing to see a full cast of humanoids.
Apparently someone likes their Skylanders to be standard already-seen-before type heroes.

They did improve a lot with character diversity (just look at Spitfire and Dive-Clops) but I hate to see how much they tend to restrict their creativity, it's really a pity.

its time constraint. with the new gimmicks year after year and the lower sales, they are going to use what makes more practical sense, what could sell and might be easier to program. It's easier to program 20 "new" characters that have easier designs to implement than try to do far more than that. that creativity is going to start nose diving. i wouldn't expect them to ever push as many full figures like they did from the first 4 games. every year going on is when you should look out to see and expect what types they'll focus on.
---
#36 Posted: 09:28:14 20/07/2015
Then how did TfB managed to release so many different and creative Skylanders last year?
Oh, and they had the exact same amount of time to develop up with the game.

I'm not saying they should have released 40 new Skylanders since that happened last year but we also know how Trap Team lacked some replayability and content in the end... But between the revamps treated as new characters and the other 10 humanoids... I can't say I'm really happy about this year's roster.

Creativity is one of the series' main aspects, whether it related to characters, level design and lore/Story.
If that starts nose diving it will be a huge problem for the franchise.

But all of that being said I think I probably found my zen: TfB and V.V. have a very different view of what Skylanders should be.
One is all crazy design, powers, magical settings and "fantasy".
The other is more about gimmicks, innovation and "futuristic" settings and designs.
That's not to say they both ignore what the other does but they certainly don't focus that much on it either.

I will probably have one year of "disappointment" (definitely not the right word to use) and one of "HYPE, COOL, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" from now on.
Already kinda expected it when I first heard V.V. was developing Skylanders 5 but I guess we should all have the possibility to get what we like at least once every two years. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:29:27 20/07/2015 by Drek95
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10050
#37 Posted: 12:33:57 20/07/2015
TFB makes more characters than they have games for; this is why some prototypes turn out to be characters only years later. Not sure why VV is so special that they don't have some guys they didn't have space for during SF that would work out now - unless, of course, they DID, but decided to turn them into the gimmick reposes because fanboys.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5379
#38 Posted: 15:28:00 20/07/2015
I really don't think posture influenced the decision for which Eon's Elites were chosen this year. It may have affected the SuperChargers since they will have new models and they'd want models that are easy to position in a signature vehicle and dress up in a driving themed outfit, but the Eon's Elites will almost certainly use the exact same models as the originals with the only difference being a stat boost.

Also it's not like their weren't any upright Air and Fire Skylanders left for them to choose from. Most likely they just didn't want to put as many Eon's Elites out on shelves this year since they didn't sell so well last time.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me