darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > What I wish Acitivision did with the dark edition
Page 1 of 1
What I wish Acitivision did with the dark edition
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1 Posted: 18:05:14 11/07/2015 | Topic Creator
It seems that the majority are not happy with the dark edition, particularly with the fact that you have to buy multiple consoles to get all the figures and vehicles. Here's what I wish Activision had done instead of packaging the figures as they did.

1 - First off, I wish they had done something other then dark, being that there is a dark element now. However, I like the look, and it's a relatively minor point...so, whatever.

2 - Make all the figures the same for each console version. Spitfire, Hot Streak, kaos kup, stealth elf, and sea shadow

3 - Don't have a special edition this year. The folks that would by the DE and regular editions are likely to get 2 console versions this time around anyway.

4- Have a separate Dark Edition collectors pack with all the dark figures, no game included so it's not console specific. That means Spitfire, DK, Bowser, stealth elf, hot streak, sea shadow, clown cruiser, barrel blaster, and the kaos kup. That's 9 items, you could sell it for $110 and still make a great profit. Amiibo collectors could get what they need at a more reasonable price. Skylanders could get this and the regular game at a more reasonable price. Your profit margin should still be rather strong without forcing collectors to buy a lot of duplicates.
Mister Chompy Green Sparx Gems: 211
#2 Posted: 19:29:25 11/07/2015
Y...yes, or you could just buy one pack and be happy about it. I don't know why people want both versions. If you really want Bowser that much... Ebay. Just, just do Ebay. I can` be that much for one figure and vehicle.
---
Pop Fizz just might be the best skylander ever. Even with a tuba.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#3 Posted: 19:38:25 11/07/2015
Quote: Mister Chompy
Y...yes, or you could just buy one pack and be happy about it. I don't know why people want both versions. If you really want Bowser that much... Ebay. Just, just do Ebay. I can` be that much for one figure and vehicle.

Chompy Amiibos (and rare Skylanders) have a HIGH supply and demand. Put the two together and these may be the most expensive Amiibos yet
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#4 Posted: 19:39:22 11/07/2015
I agree in that I'm not overly happy with what they packed in the Dark Edition. I still like the fact that there is a Dark Edition though. I would have taken out Dark Sea Shadow and put in a Dark Stealth Stinger. I might be alone here but I actually like the color scheme of regular Sea Shadow. I LOVE Dark Hot Streak and Spit Fire though. I haven't picked up a Dark Starter before though so I'm not double dipping for Dark Stealth Elf...she looks amazing as Dark. I'm getting 3 Starters to cover the different consoles it will be played on. PS4 (Dark), Wii U, 3DS. I'm skipping the PS3 this year. So I'm going to have all the Nintendo exclusives and the standard starter line up. I LOVE the regular Bowser and am not feeling the Dark one. I am starting to favor Dark Donkey Kong though and might grab that on ebay. I kind of wish Dark variants were sold as singles but I totally get why they can't do that with the Nintendo exclusives. Being packed in Starters, it will be hard for people to complain they didn't know what system they were for. I like your idea of a Dark Collectors pack. Just exclusive figures and no software. But we come back to the same problem with the Nintendo exclusives...they need to stay exclusive.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#5 Posted: 19:40:11 11/07/2015
Yes melvimbe #4 is what i thought also....but knowing Activision...they would never do anything to help the collectors out.

And yes Tigorus you got a good point there.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:43:19 11/07/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#6 Posted: 23:04:45 11/07/2015
Quote: Windumup

Chompy Amiibos (and rare Skylanders) have a HIGH demand. Put the two together and these may be the most expensive Amiibos yet

Fixed.
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 04:20:39 12/07/2015
I'm Pepper Jack spicey mad, for sure.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:20:52 12/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#8 Posted: 10:45:39 12/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I hear a lot of folks saying they playing on getting bowser or DK from ebay. I'm not confident that they'll be available at a good price. $40 might be the best price we see.

I don't know if I'm about it, it probably just means I want be getting all the dark variants this year. Which means I won't feel too bad about missing some other alt variants this year either, since getting them all isn't achievable anyway.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#9 Posted: 14:25:10 12/07/2015
DK and Bowser are readily available as Amiibos, and DK has even been MSRP discounted he is so common. If the Amiibo functionality is a priority, consider those cheaper options since they almost certainly only function as normal DK and Bowser as Amiibos.

To me, they aren't even on my radar, since I'd much rather play the game on XB1 or PS4 (probably XB1 since I prefer those controllers by far - stupid PS button is way too easy to accidentally hit on the DualShock 4). And given that, DK and Bowser aren't playable - all they would do is sit on the shelf and look pretty, and if you have seen my shelves I have a ton of things already that suit that purpose. It definitely isn't going to get me to buy 4 additional starter packs for them.

So, my current personal debate is regular XB1 or Dark XB1. Leaning toward regular since collecting them all is already impossible without stocking up on Starter Packs. If I'm not going to get all variants, I'll go with none. I also prefer the standard paint schemes.

I will say one thing though, those Eon Elites have me VERY interested. I picked up the EE collection this year when they went half price on sale, and they are sooo nice. I love what they have done with them this year on top of dropping the price $5, $20 seems pretty fair for the quality.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#10 Posted: 16:12:20 12/07/2015
Quote: defpally
DK and Bowser are readily available as Amiibos, and DK has even been MSRP discounted he is so common. If the Amiibo functionality is a priority, consider those cheaper options since they almost certainly only function as normal DK and Bowser as Amiibos.

To me, they aren't even on my radar, since I'd much rather play the game on XB1 or PS4 (probably XB1 since I prefer those controllers by far - stupid PS button is way too easy to accidentally hit on the DualShock 4). And given that, DK and Bowser aren't playable - all they would do is sit on the shelf and look pretty, and if you have seen my shelves I have a ton of things already that suit that purpose. It definitely isn't going to get me to buy 4 additional starter packs for them.

So, my current personal debate is regular XB1 or Dark XB1. Leaning toward regular since collecting them all is already impossible without stocking up on Starter Packs. If I'm not going to get all variants, I'll go with none. I also prefer the standard paint schemes.

I will say one thing though, those Eon Elites have me VERY interested. I picked up the EE collection this year when they went half price on sale, and they are sooo nice. I love what they have done with them this year on top of dropping the price $5, $20 seems pretty fair for the quality.

Also since its TRU, we may see some bogo40% sales on the eon's possibly too at some point.

At this point i'm prob going to go one dark and one regular. Im leaning towards dark wii as i think a dark Bowser looks cool and prob regular xbox one. THou, its only july things may change, if tru is doing a bogo50% on start packs I might just do two darks.
#11 Posted: 17:23:50 12/07/2015
Quote: defpally

Well, a silver lining for a change. That's excellent news.
#12 Posted: 17:55:50 12/07/2015
For me, I need the software anyway. I'm not going out of my way to get Starters I need. I need a 3DS (gets me Bowser), I need the Wii U (gets me D.K.), I need a PS4 (getting dark and gets me Hot Streak, Stealth, Sea Shadow and Spit Fire). It's not too huge of a deal and I know I'm not alone with multiple systems. My heart goes out to those that are just collecting the figures...good luck.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#13 Posted: 01:50:22 16/07/2015
Actually for the non-Nintendo DE, instead of Stealth Elf they should have done Nightfall to go with Dark Sea Shadow. But if they had kept Stealth Elf, they should have added Dark Stealth Stinger instead.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#14 Posted: 02:02:03 16/07/2015
What I wish ActiVision did with the dark edition...didn't make any.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#15 Posted: 12:59:48 16/07/2015
I just wish Activision would stop making Wii versions of Skylanders game considering how obsolete the Wii has become. Also, they should've put Dark Bowser and his Dark Clown Cruiser in the Wii U Dark Edition Starter Pack instead. I like Bowser more than Donkey Kong.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#16 Posted: 13:39:46 16/07/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
I just wish Activision would stop making Wii versions of Skylanders game considering how obsolete the Wii has become. Also, they should've put Dark Bowser and his Dark Clown Cruiser in the Wii U Dark Edition Starter Pack instead. I like Bowser more than Donkey Kong.

They know that, they put the more popular character in the pack less people would be likely to get otherwise
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#17 Posted: 04:35:23 17/07/2015
Quote: Spyro7850
Quote: Windumup

Chompy Amiibos (and rare Skylanders) have a HIGH demand. Put the two together and these may be the most expensive Amiibos yet

Fixed.

Eh not really p..p
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#18 Posted: 12:56:04 17/07/2015
The Dark Edition is a serious blemish on trying to get the collectors to pony up hundreds of dollars in order to keep their collections "complete". Adding an exclusive to a system franchise was the absolute worst that should've happened, but then they coupled it with Dark Edition AND console exclusives. I've been marginally acceptable of this when it was within reason (Activision has been putting "exclusive figures" in expensive packs for a while) but this brings it to an unacceptable level. No doubt these will sell well, but at a cost where long time fans who wanted all of the characters will simply stop. I'm still mulling over what this business move will mean for me and my dollars. Hate to say it, but I'm actually thinking of completely jumping ship. Total icing is for me to find out they don't ship cards with characters.

Now wouldn't that be something if they ship a completely good game and screw it up with business moves like this. And for those that don't do complete collections etc, I guess you're happy as a clam---but don't come in and say I'm not justified in feeling like this. This is a pretty crappy thing they've done to fans who fit this criteria.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:00:56 17/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Richachu Green Sparx Gems: 284
#19 Posted: 13:43:16 20/07/2015
I feel the same way TakeYourLemons. I bought the Dark editions in addition to the regular editions in the past, even bought the 3DS and mobile versions to get one of everthing out there. This time around, I'm throwing in the towel before release. The collector in me just cannot accept what is necessary to have one of everything this time around.
#20 Posted: 16:19:22 20/07/2015
I used to be a die hard collector so I can sympathize. With Skylanders though I made the decision to just enjoy what I got and not chase down variants and exclusives. I've collected Gi Joe, Star Wars stuff and comics and I'm done with that. I do find myself chasing My Little Pony more often than not for my daughter but that's another matter lol. I have at least one version of every character released. Currently I only have Dark Spyro from the SSA 3DS Starter. Iv'e have the option to get the Dark Starters but what's been included has never appealed to me (The Dark Trap Team came close). Now with Super Chargers I actually want the Dark versions of the Skylanders that come with the Starters Set (PS4). I actually like the original version of the Nintendo Starters but might pick them up if they are ever available in singles or ebay. So I sympathize with current gen. collectors but as a former die hard collector I can tell you it is possible to not have them all and survive (I doubt that's any form of relief since I'm well familiar with the sickness lol smilie )
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#21 Posted: 03:28:25 21/07/2015
Actually, as a matter of fact, most of the amiibo fan community isn't planning on buying the game for the amiibos. It'll probably only be the diehards who pick them up, or the scalpers who think they can make a profit then take them back when they see how common the starter packs are for the game.

For the few who do pick it up because of the amiibo, it seemed to me there's a great opportunity for trading (not here of course); most of the amiibo fans want the Amiibolanders only, and not the game, so you can pick up the game pretty cheap from them, or purchase the console version yourself, sell off the amiibo and then get another figure as your land/air vehicle.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me