First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
No Yawn Traps in the US?!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#51 Posted: 15:33:56 24/09/2015
Kept telling everyone they weren't releasing here. Guess where I was wrong about Polar Whirlwind, I made up for it by being right about these.

It's sad, really. Why would TFB make figures if they don't intend to release them in all markets. It hurts consumer trust. It's going to be hard for me to trust that all figures will be released from here on out.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#52 Posted: 15:39:08 24/09/2015
I had a feeling trying to collect these was going to be futile. Not just because they were obviously not going to do much after Trap Team, but the way they really aren't identified uniquely by many retailers. As far as retailers are concerned, they have a ton of traps on the pegs for a year old game (ignoring they are all water traps no one wants).
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#53 Posted: 16:05:56 24/09/2015
Patience.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#54 Posted: 18:13:16 24/09/2015
Quote: defpally
I had a feeling trying to collect these was going to be futile. Not just because they were obviously not going to do much after Trap Team, but the way they really aren't identified uniquely by many retailers. As far as retailers are concerned, they have a ton of traps on the pegs for a year old game (ignoring they are all water traps no one wants).

Totally agree. Doesn't make logical sense to release them now. Made sense back when Trap Team was on the minds of consumers.

Even traps register in your items collection in Superchargers, and I'm not paying idiotic scalper prices on Ebay for them. So, I will just have hurt credibility in TFB/Activision, and their lack of making sure people complete the collections of each game.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#55 Posted: 08:31:39 25/09/2015
I got everything including case variants, but no yawn.
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#56 Posted: 05:26:35 27/09/2015
Meh, if the yawn traps aren't massed released, I'll just consider them as chase/rare variants. While they do exist, they aren't truely part of a standard collection because they were never made available for all, outside of one particular region.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:27:26 27/09/2015 by Dahvoo
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#57 Posted: 02:18:51 16/10/2015
I was able to ask Activision's PR team directly about the yawn traps during at press event for SuperChargers. They are considered an AU only release, they are no longer being produced and there are no plans to make or release more. Ever. We will never see them in the US. Period.

I'm all in for SuperChargers, but it will be a cold day in hell before I buy anything from Toys for Bob ever again. So I'll be skipping the next game and back on board when VV takes back over for the following game. Screw you, everyone at Toys for Bob, screw you.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#58 Posted: 02:48:18 16/10/2015
Quote: Drawdler
Still amused yet annoyed how people make such a fuss over these. As an AU collector, I've had to import multiple items per game since Giants for full collections.

Were they $100+ dollars, though?
---
Dead
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#59 Posted: 03:19:21 16/10/2015
Quote: vinzclortho37

I'm all in for SuperChargers, but it will be a cold day in hell before I buy anything from Toys for Bob ever again. So I'll be skipping the next game and back on board when VV takes back over for the following game. Screw you, everyone at Toys for Bob, screw you.

That would be on Activision, not TFB. It is in no way they're fault on what shows up in store. They just design the game and characters not manufacturer or ship them. You're overreacting.
---
Hahahahaha
#60 Posted: 04:51:00 16/10/2015
I still say patience,

But for those without, you should consider calling Activisions' special Skyalnders support line.

844-435-7366

They can take your information and your concern down. If you are seriously concerned these might not make it to the US, the more folks who call, the slightly better the chances are of changing their minds. Be nice though - the phone reps don't make these decisions.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#61 Posted: 15:10:24 16/10/2015
Well, they blew me off on my concerns about achievements unlocking and communication of patches. I'll call about the traps. I basically said "I send multiple thousands on this franchise every year...being transparent and answering my questions is the only way to keep me as a customer". And, I mean it.

About the only thing support can do that I can see is replacement of defective hardware physical media and figures. Outside of that, they are ill equipped on the software side (bugs/patches) and product availability.

Still amused yet annoyed how people make such a fuss over these. As an AU collector, I've had to import multiple items per game since Giants for full collections.

And I get what you are saying here, but many people made initial purchase decisions (ie buy them all) under the assumption all product would be released here. You went in KNOWING things may not be released. It's a little different in terms of initial expectations.

Quote: mega spyro

Were they $100+ dollars, though?

The set of three is going for around $500 now, but appears to be going down a little every time it's offered. That's still a chunk of change. They're now chase variants if the previous poster about it being an AU only release is correct.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 15:23:31 16/10/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#62 Posted: 16:16:40 16/10/2015
I agree with Bob..(patience)...also this it Activision's doing...TfB and VV has nothing to do with the Logistics. And if they are going to be AU only, they would have had more of them...not that initial shipment of less them 500(maybe there was more....don't live in Aussieland, so i didn't see there shelves)

Also you guys that live over there....have you seen anymore hit the shelves?

I have no problem buy'in them from overseas Drawdler..but i'm not pay'in $100+ bucks for something that cost $9 bucks. $20 bucks a peace i have no problem with.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#63 Posted: 17:10:52 16/10/2015
Quote: vinzclortho37
I was able to ask Activision's PR team directly about the yawn traps during at press event for SuperChargers. They are considered an AU only release, they are no longer being produced and there are no plans to make or release more. Ever. We will never see them in the US. Period.

No offense intended, but I keep hearing this same thing in various places, but nobody seems to have recorded that conversation. Did you take video of your interview? Audio? Was this a televised event? Until Activision makes an official statement or someone actually catches them on "tape" specifically saying that these will never show up anywhere else and they callously made several hundred and suddenly stopped (which I doubt would even pay the cost for their industrial molds), I'm going to hold out hope.

If you've got the evidence, please, please present it. Otherwise, I apologize, but I'm going to hold to the standard "pics or it didn't happen" equivalent.

Quote:

See, now this, in my eyes, takes away from the veracity of your above statement. If you were really that upset and angry about it all, I would think you'd have documented it (and/or shared documentation up front) so you would have total vindication. So again, where's the proof, please?

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#64 Posted: 18:47:57 16/10/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
Kept telling everyone they weren't releasing here. Guess where I was wrong about Polar Whirlwind, I made up for it by being right about these.

It's sad, really. Why would TFB make figures if they don't intend to release them in all markets. It hurts consumer trust. It's going to be hard for me to trust that all figures will be released from here on out.

In all honesty we've seen their distribution problems before. Darklight Crypt and Ghost Roaster commanded insane prices for a long time, now it's the light and dark adventure packs (even the solo trap masters themselves aren't going for that much). Then there was lightcore Pop Fizz, a character that because it saw almost no release over here, still commands $20+ prices on eBay and whatnot, even loose from the package. Also the reason several folks here probably don't have a complete Giants set.

None of this even surprises me at all at this point. smilie
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#65 Posted: 19:34:44 16/10/2015
i have lc popfizz
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#66 Posted: 03:02:08 17/10/2015
Quote: PopFizzMagic
i have lc popfizz

- - -
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#67 Posted: 19:27:47 17/10/2015
I can certainly understand frustration and irritation over the lack of Yawn traps, but the traps themselves are so bland and uninteresting I literally gave up trying to buy a unique model for every villain. I think the real issue here is that Light only had three unique models for four villains.

One model was tied to the Expansion set, one was released as a variant (Rebel) and also as a standard release (Rocket), and the final (Yawn) was never released in the US.

I hate it too, but it's not like they failed to release Enigma or some other unique character.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#68 Posted: 23:05:17 17/10/2015
Quote: ShinkenRed
I can certainly understand frustration and irritation over the lack of Yawn traps, but the traps themselves are so bland and uninteresting I literally gave up trying to buy a unique model for every villain. I think the real issue here is that Light only had three unique models for four villains.

One model was tied to the Expansion set, one was released as a variant (Rebel) and also as a standard release (Rocket), and the final (Yawn) was never released in the US.

I hate it too, but it's not like they failed to release Enigma or some other unique character.

People would have shown up to start a riot outside of Activision headquarters if Enigma wasn't released in the US (despite people getting bored of him quickly). Imagine the angry mob hurling old unneeded portals from past games over the fence onto Activision property.
#69 Posted: 00:24:48 18/10/2015

When your a collector, aesthetics doesn't matter. Completion does.
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#70 Posted: 04:31:34 18/10/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

When your a collector, aesthetics doesn't matter. Completion does.

I hope you're not suggesting I'm not a collector.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#71 Posted: 05:49:28 18/10/2015
I think he meant to say "completionist" rather than "collector". Because it's certainly possible to collect things based entirely on aesthetics.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Archie Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#72 Posted: 22:31:50 26/10/2015
Finally managed to get an extra light and dark trap. Give me the 3 yawn traps someone. For a reasonable price please!
---
SSA 37/37 SG 62/62 SSF 75/75 STT 72/72 Traps 57/60(+1 xtra light/dark) SSC 0!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#73 Posted: 22:09:42 27/10/2015
Because it'll end up here eventually, someone is claming on r/skylanders that Activision Support shut the phone on him when asking the Yawn traps. Do not take this as real yet, that guy already got banned from DS for just being an all around immature jerk just because we don't allow trading, and he isn't being too nice there either. This could just be trying to get some internet points.

I think this already ended up on the unofficial podcast though,so I guess it's a bit late to warn.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:10:22 27/10/2015 by Bifrost
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#74 Posted: 14:57:31 28/10/2015
Whew, makes the sting of buying the Yawn Traps via eBay back when they were only $20 a pop a bit less, right now they are just crazy prices, and seems to be only sold by a few individuals.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#75 Posted: 19:12:32 29/10/2015
As far as I'm concerned, unless the yawn traps are released in the future, they don't count in a standard collection outside of Australia because they weren't released to the masses.

I'm lumping them together with rare/chase variants. Do they exist? Yes. Enough for everyone who wants them to have an opportunity to get them? No.

And while they might appear in my Trap Team collection screen as uncollected, so does Platinum Treasure Chest in Swap Force so it's not that big of a deal.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#76 Posted: 19:34:43 30/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Because it'll end up here eventually, someone is claming on r/skylanders that Activision Support shut the phone on him when asking the Yawn traps. Do not take this as real yet, that guy already got banned from DS for just being an all around immature jerk just because we don't allow trading, and he isn't being too nice there either. This could just be trying to get some internet points.

I think this already ended up on the unofficial podcast though,so I guess it's a bit late to warn.

Only having gotten to listen to Matt & Abby's mini episode yesterday and not having seen the email sent in, it sounded like Louis got an explanation that there wasn't any additional/new/unreleased Trap Team merchandise coming out (as the Yawn traps actually did get released, albeit briefly) and then passed the buck to the Activision Sales team to answer the question versus actually declaring "Nope, you're never going to get them." I honestly think it was a case of Activision Assist getting tired of getting the same question and not having the resources to be able to answer, as they clearly have no access to stock numbers whereas the Sales team definitely should. I'll be talking about this a little bit this weekend but figured I'd throw my $0.02 out there. I'm still holding out for the definitive Activision statement of "No, you're never getting these anywhere, ever."

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#77 Posted: 20:11:20 30/10/2015
Regardless of the state on Yawn traps, I didn't watch the podcast(no time this week,working with videos so couldn't have something else playing) and just read the description so thought it reffered to this. The r/skylanders thread made it seem like the guy called them and got the phone shut on them, but considering it's most likely a young kid if their behavior here was any indication, it's more possible they were calling several times to get something out of it and the person on the phone lost their patience.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:12:05 30/10/2015 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#78 Posted: 23:43:18 30/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost

JULTAR's not banned, he just stopped coming here. And judging by their YouTube channel of the same username, he's not a kid either, which is... rather sad.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's the same user who keeps spamming his demands for yawn traps on the comments of the SkylandersGame FB page updates.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:12 30/10/2015 by Aura24
#79 Posted: 01:15:24 31/10/2015
^ I'm not a kid...am I sad?

I have a couple of outstanding issues regarding my portal and SC software issues, I'll call them up for an update and see if I can get information on Yawn Traps. You guys know I don't pull any punches.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:17:46 31/10/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#80 Posted: 01:25:14 31/10/2015
You can keep up a polite conversation and you're a nice person to talk to, Lemons, far from it. In your case they'll probably answer if you ask nicely,even if it's a no.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:25:33 31/10/2015 by Bifrost
#81 Posted: 01:33:17 31/10/2015
They have a weird way of saying no, sometimes you have to "restate" what they say, but ya.

On the phone now.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#82 Posted: 01:40:51 31/10/2015
Patience. Over in my state, New Jersey, S2 Drobot was never released during the time of Giants. Now, when I go to the Skylanders clearance section at my Toys R Us, every other skylander there is S2 Drobot.

Here's what I think: With Bowser and Donkey Kong in Skylanders, it's only a matter of time before Christmas comes, and Skylanders gains yet another shipload of fans. As people get drawn in by the Guest Stars, they might start to explore older titles and collect some of the older characters, including the infamous traps. This way, stores might order for new traps, and these might start trickling across stores in the USA.

I am fairly certain they will be released eventually, either by just being thrown into the clearance section for grabs or by some special promotion that TRU or a Gamestop Skylander Day have. I have a friend who is the manager of my local Gamestop, and he says he's almost certain that they will release for some upcoming Skylander Day or event.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:06 31/10/2015 by Chompy-King257
#83 Posted: 01:53:00 31/10/2015
I've been told via Activision Support this evening that the traps will not be available in the US. The gentleman indicated I'm not the only person calling about this. I've indicated my concern for the franchise if Activision doesn't make good on what US market assumed would be a complete shipment of all product. He indicated he would bubble up this information (I specifically requested that if he had the power to do so to please let his manager know), and added this to my case. Sorry, but I think that's the bottom line...it may change, but we all have to call (very calm/cool, collect) and give them your story. I gave them my story that I've bought literally almost every figure made (even chase variants) and this has proven to be frustrating to me. He even acknowledged the fact that these yawn traps costs hundreds on eBay / Amazon via third parties. On the plus side he had empathy for my situation and acknowledged my loyalty to them. Very civil and professional on both sides.

You may not get what you want, but corporate needs to know. So give them a call 844-HELP-EON. And more importantly, post here that you did so. Like a cell call, triangulating many points and speaking in unison is our best bet. However, I'm accepting that my trap collection will not be complete at this time.

Oh well. Happy Halloween.
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 02:06:52 31/10/2015 by TakeYourLemons
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#84 Posted: 21:59:21 01/11/2015
I have a gut feeling we won't see all the figures this year for superchargers.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:00:02 01/11/2015 by mantez
#85 Posted: 22:07:27 01/11/2015
Wait! There's hope!

I went to my Toys R Us today to go get myself an Elite Voodood, and out of curiousity, I checked the Trap section. They didn't only have Water Traps. Now, while this normally wouldn't stand out, you should know my Toys R Us. Ever since after Wave 4, all they have ever had is nothing but Water Traps. Today, they had Tech, Life, Earth and Fire ones.

This is a good sign. It means they are still ordering more traps.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#86 Posted: 23:33:52 01/11/2015
Quote: mantez
I have a gut feeling we won't see all the figures this year for superchargers.

We will see them all, at least the main versions. After Wave 3 we just will have to characters and two vehicles left, one of which is the other Racing Pack.

Now what I would be concerned with if the franchise does poorly for the holidays is variants. No store is going to pay for exclusives (or variations) if they cannot move the regular stock. I wouldn't get all doom and gloom yet, but I'd definitely take a more cautious approach with getting your hopes up for all the variants. It could be just like the traps last year, except this year there is even less space for overstock.
#87 Posted: 14:36:02 02/11/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
Wait! There's hope!

I went to my Toys R Us today to go get myself an Elite Voodood, and out of curiousity, I checked the Trap section. They didn't only have Water Traps. Now, while this normally wouldn't stand out, you should know my Toys R Us. Ever since after Wave 4, all they have ever had is nothing but Water Traps. Today, they had Tech, Life, Earth and Fire ones.

This is a good sign. It means they are still ordering more traps.

Or, someone had a box somewhere and forgot to put it out.

Say what you guys want, my answer from support was "no way"...go out to the stores if you want...best thing is to CALL THEM. i would not worry about SC stock, although I will be waiting for the starter numbers with anticipation.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:37:16 02/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#88 Posted: 15:37:19 02/11/2015
My Walmart somehow keeps putting out a box of wave one traps every few weeks. There was a new supply of them there last night and oddly enough they do sell out by the end of the week (except for the water traps). I keep looking just in case they put out those Yawn Traps as I know they are so in demand.
---
Stay Cool!
#89 Posted: 20:48:21 02/11/2015
Wal Mart NEVER puts stuff out on time and has poor inventory management/sell through. Their recent quarter and short term gauge tells me they have a lot of internal issues to resolve, so nothing you say about wal Mart's ability to produce or sell inventory would surprise me.
#90 Posted: 21:04:53 02/11/2015
I actually say the recent quarter is the result of the new guy making necessary changes that the company *has* to make in order to survive. But that's a conversation for another topic. Sure, certain folks are allowed to just post off topic attacks on members who aren't even here to speak up for themselves, but that's a sign of bad moderators more than anything. :p

On topic, Walmart having cases sitting in the back isn't unusual. Walmart getting cases of old stock isn't unusual - altbough *most* Skylanders goodies come straight from Activision's warehouses, so that would be odd. If you ever get to see the shipping box, look for a hand-written number, usually in black sharpie, that starts with 01-XXXXXX######. The X's are the date that specific box came in the back door.
#91 Posted: 01:47:52 03/11/2015
Wal Mart has been cutting so much for so long that basically they are feeling the blade cut back their way. Nuff said. As I said, seeing anything "of" there as compared to competitors wouldn't surprise me. But I feel assured after calling Acti Support that Yawn Traps will not be coming. As others have told me already, collecting anything sharing a single sku isn't going to be attempted by me anymore, so I consider that a lessons learned moment.

Sadly, Activision's mis-step here in this department will have repercussions on future sales, and I fear they may be feeling some of that now.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:49:09 03/11/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Archie Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#92 Posted: 23:19:42 14/11/2015
Toys r us still have water and a few life traps. Tesco got water, earth and tech specials. Still no yawn traps anywhere. Only need the 3 yawns to complete now
---
SSA 37/37 SG 62/62 SSF 75/75 STT 72/72 Traps 57/60(+1 xtra light/dark) SSC 0!
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#93 Posted: 00:14:49 15/11/2015
Your not the only one Archie...

I agree with what TakeYourLemons said...we need to call Activision....ALL of us...and have each of our friends do the same. They hear it from enough of us they will ship them, because i know they are already made because of that small shipment that AU got. the 10,000 or 20,000 (or more)are sitting in some warehouse someplace. These are not part of some variants...they are part of the main sets...thats one thing you can bring up when calling them.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#94 Posted: 01:39:44 15/11/2015
I'm still convinced they're coming... but it would be nice for Activision to release something official and tangible instead of relying on hearsay and "reps" speaking about things of which they have no real knowledge.

Here's what I propose. We pick a day. I suggest the Friday after Thanksgiving, since this is a day when it's possible that the toll-free number and other options for help are likely to be pretty busy.

On this day, EVERYONE needs to:
A.) Call 1.800.HELP.EON and (very politely) ask about the Yawn Traps in the US. Make it known you want them. BE POLITE. The random phone reps being bombarded with phone calls aren't sitting on a pile of Yawn traps laughing at you - they have no control over it and, likely, don't really know what's going on either. If you have multiple people in your household who legitimately care about this, have them call in as well (from their own phones - most of these help lines have caller ID and tag the individual calls with the reason for the call. 50 calls from the same number won't help. Focus on the Yawn trap - don't make the cal about the Tech Tiki or whatever other complaints/concerns/questions you have. This is Black Yawnsday.
B.) Record your phone call. Most every smart phone has this option or there are plenty of apps that will allow you to. Someone should volunteer to compile the recordings into a YouTube video. This will help spread awareness of Activision's lack of response.
C.) On the same day, bombard Activision's official social media channels. Facebook, Twitter, etc. POLITELY ask for information on the Yawn traps (and only the Yawn traps). When possible, include pictures of your collections to help show that you are big fans of the series and you are disappointed at their lack of response to this.
D.) On the same day, e-mail and Tech Support. Any official emails you can find (someone should try to compile a list). Activision has an official website (Activision Assist) - open a ticket there as well. POLITELY and FOCUSED, ask about Yawn traps. Here and Reddit (along with a few of the other Skylanders forums) can be used to post the replies for everyone to share.

A focused (and POLITE) effort is what is likely to get a response.
#95 Posted: 20:13:41 23/11/2015
Hey guys! Check it out! There is still hope!

I'm trying this tonight. I don't have a broken Nightfall, but I am going to ask if I can purchase them with my money directly from them.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#96 Posted: 20:21:51 23/11/2015
Quote: UncleBob
I'm still convinced they're coming... but it would be nice for Activision to release something official and tangible instead of relying on hearsay and "reps" speaking about things of which they have no real knowledge.

Here's what I propose. We pick a day. I suggest the Friday after Thanksgiving, since this is a day when it's possible that the toll-free number and other options for help are likely to be pretty busy.

On this day, EVERYONE needs to:
A.) Call 1.800.HELP.EON and (very politely) ask about the Yawn Traps in the US. Make it known you want them. BE POLITE. The random phone reps being bombarded with phone calls aren't sitting on a pile of Yawn traps laughing at you - they have no control over it and, likely, don't really know what's going on either. If you have multiple people in your household who legitimately care about this, have them call in as well (from their own phones - most of these help lines have caller ID and tag the individual calls with the reason for the call. 50 calls from the same number won't help. Focus on the Yawn trap - don't make the cal about the Tech Tiki or whatever other complaints/concerns/questions you have. This is Black Yawnsday.
B.) Record your phone call. Most every smart phone has this option or there are plenty of apps that will allow you to. Someone should volunteer to compile the recordings into a YouTube video. This will help spread awareness of Activision's lack of response.
C.) On the same day, bombard Activision's official social media channels. Facebook, Twitter, etc. POLITELY ask for information on the Yawn traps (and only the Yawn traps). When possible, include pictures of your collections to help show that you are big fans of the series and you are disappointed at their lack of response to this.
D.) On the same day, e-mail and Tech Support. Any official emails you can find (someone should try to compile a list). Activision has an official website (Activision Assist) - open a ticket there as well. POLITELY and FOCUSED, ask about Yawn traps. Here and Reddit (along with a few of the other Skylanders forums) can be used to post the replies for everyone to share.

A focused (and POLITE) effort is what is likely to get a response.

Yawn Friday? Okay!
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#97 Posted: 21:17:05 23/11/2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#98 Posted: 23:16:23 23/11/2015
Quote: Chompy-King257
Hey guys! Check it out! There is still hope!

I'm trying this tonight. I don't have a broken Nightfall, but I am going to ask if I can purchase them with my money directly from them.

Can't watch with sound right now, so can someone tell me how he said he got the traps?
---
Dead
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#99 Posted: 23:19:56 23/11/2015
He said he got the traps from Activision.

Strange, I never saw the other Skylander reviewers/bloggers get packages with the Yawn Traps. Unless Acti is picking favorites or just picking random users.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:24:53 23/11/2015 by Aura24
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me