Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Spyro's comming back [CLOSED]
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#1 Posted: 04:28:46 03/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Among the key partners for the property for 2015, McDonald’s will bring the Skylanders characters to Happy Meals; US-brand Party City will create a Skylanders section; Fathead will produce life-sized wall decals featuring fan favourites such as Eruptor, Spyro, Kaos, and Stealth Elf; and radio-control cars with working headlights are scheduled for release later this year from Nkok.

That sortoff confirms that Spyro's back!
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 04:39:32 03/07/2015
And where was this information posted?

Edit - Found the source -

http://www.toyhobbyretailer.co...-for-skylanders
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:46:49 03/07/2015 by Aura24
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#3 Posted: 04:55:59 03/07/2015
To be fair, Spyro's consistently been one of the top favourite Skylanders of many fans, but that doesn't mean he's definitely the reimagined Magic SuperCharger. All the announcement states is certain fan favourites will receive official merchandise this year, so until ActiVVision officially confirms him, I'll take this announcement with a grain of salt.
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 05:46:46 03/07/2015
Quote: GamerZack7
To be fair, Spyro's consistently been one of the top favourite Skylanders of many fans, but that doesn't mean he's definitely the reimagined Magic SuperCharger. All the announcement states is certain fan favourites will receive official merchandise this year, so until ActiVVision officially confirms him, I'll take this announcement with a grain of salt.

Yeah, it brings a stronger possibility, but still not a smoking gun. It seems some of the marketing has loosened up--a couple of games ago I'd think this was a no brainer he's coming back, but not anymore.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#5 Posted: 06:49:44 03/07/2015
Spyro better be back or ( read signature )
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#6 Posted: 07:18:04 03/07/2015
Quote: Dark Snap Shot

Oh I'm sure they'll take your word for it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 08:20:07 03/07/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: GamerZack7

Yeah, it brings a stronger possibility, but still not a smoking gun. It seems some of the marketing has loosened up--a couple of games ago I'd think this was a no brainer he's coming back, but not anymore.

They did change their marketing manager (or some other figure related to it) last year and we didn't got a new Spyro with Trap Team, only Spry.
It might have been a nice way to say goodbye to him (at least for a while).

In the end I'm curious to know the new revamped SuperChargers but I'm 1000 times more intrigued by Splat's (?) abilities, look and character in general.
Reposes (revamps, S4.2 or whatever you want to call them) will never be as interesting as brand new unseen Skylanders despite of anything the developers want to say.

Regarding the wall decals Kaos is also among them.
And I don't think he's returning as a playable characters this year.
Spyro is one of the most representative and known characters of this franchise.
He doesn't need to get a new figure in each game to be sold in any other form.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:41:56 03/07/2015 by Drek95
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#8 Posted: 08:44:31 03/07/2015
As I said in other threads, getting Spry and not a S4 might've been because his moveset isn't as easy to create Wow Pows for because there's little potential for a combo and the possibilities of added effects are on his upgrades - and getting a lasting damage effect might be copying S2 Ignitor.
But with this bigger chance, it's actually possible he could get a more versatile moveset this time that can get used in future games.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#9 Posted: 09:55:48 03/07/2015
Yeah we have enough Spyro,s thanks . If i totally need another I will go rescue the 4 buck S2 Spyro in a baggy at the shoppe .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#10 Posted: 10:26:50 03/07/2015
I'm actually really curious to see the revamped SuperChargers' movesets but nothing has "wow'd" me so far.

Paricularly intrigued by Eruptor: he's already quite versatile with long and short ranged attacks... He'll probably have a weapon of some sort I guess.

Speaking of that with all the officially revealed revamps so far wielding long ranged weapons (I think Deep Dive Gill Grunt's trident is a ranged weapon) I think Spyro would look odd with a bazooka ora a cannon of some kind... Unless it was mounted on his back.

That would be interesting to see.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#11 Posted: 11:49:53 03/07/2015
Quote: Drek95
I'm actually really curious to see the revamped SuperChargers' movesets but nothing has "wow'd" me so far.

Paricularly intrigued by Eruptor: he's already quite versatile with long and short ranged attacks... He'll probably have a weapon of some sort I guess.

Speaking of that with all the officially revealed revamps so far wielding long ranged weapons (I think Deep Dive Gill Grunt's trident is a ranged weapon) I think Spyro would look odd with a bazooka ora a cannon of some kind... Unless it was mounted on his back.

That would be interesting to see.

I'm expecting him to some how keep his fire motif, but also make him a melee character similar to Dark Spyro on 3DS.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#12 Posted: 12:20:34 03/07/2015
Possibly they made a Spyro figure so that when people see an advert they don't moan.

I personally don't care either way, if he comes back it will just make people whine about him being in the next game and if he doesn't people will whine about SuperChargers excluding him, so either way there will be whining so nothing really changes.
---
^ You all know it's true
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#13 Posted: 12:39:40 03/07/2015
Quote: Greeble
Possibly they made a Spyro figure so that when people see an advert they don't moan.

I personally don't care either way, if he comes back it will just make people whine about him being in the next game and if he doesn't people will whine about SuperChargers excluding him, so either way there will be whining so nothing really changes.

I wish they would stop reposing him. Like I get it, he started it all, but I mean you can't honestly say that he is the best Magic Skylander, and if you do your probably going off of bias. Other than the fact that Spyro has a history in the franchise, give me one reason he should come back.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#14 Posted: 12:50:07 03/07/2015
The fact he's really boring to use that you keep repeating, for starters? He has 15 years of reference to get other moves, and what better way to make him versatile like the other Magic guys than a new moveset? Blastermind is the only other one that could use major tweaking, and being a gimmicklander he can't be reposed. Everyone else is already fun to play or needs physics tweaks to get better, nothing to do with their upgrades.

(Also Gills' harpoon in the game doesn't seem throwable, he uses it like a club)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:52:15 03/07/2015 by Bifrost
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#15 Posted: 13:10:47 03/07/2015
He's also in the rift into overdrive comic book cover. And the cover only has villains and super chargers on it. My source is the all we know topic. But I don't know how to post a pic.

*EDIT* I meant the prequel comic topic. Sorry I just woke up and forgot.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:16:46 03/07/2015 by undeadmaster
#16 Posted: 13:15:14 03/07/2015
There's a topic about the novel now too below this, but it's coming out so late we can't use it as source yet. We'd need previews first and unless Ossio lets us in some secrets during Comic-Con we're out of luck.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:17:48 03/07/2015 by Bifrost
#17 Posted: 14:31:03 03/07/2015
Quote: Aura24
Quote: Dark Snap Shot

Oh I'm sure they'll take your word for it.

You might want to rethink your sig.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:32:02 03/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#18 Posted: 16:11:56 03/07/2015
Quote: undeadmaster
He's also in the rift into overdrive comic book cover. And the cover only has villains and super chargers on it. My source is the all we know topic. But I don't know how to post a pic.

So if for example Hex was there, does that mean she's coming?

No, because they pick characters at random for the stories.
---
^ You all know it's true
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#19 Posted: 18:01:02 03/07/2015
Probably not because this years game has to do with skylanders who look like race car drivers. Spyro is on 4 feet, which means he most likely isn't a super charger.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
#20 Posted: 18:05:33 03/07/2015
All Skylanders, including quadrapeds like Spyro and Sonic Boom, can operate the vehicles in the game.
---
#21 Posted: 18:07:59 03/07/2015
All Skylanders, including quadrapeds like Spyro and Sonic Boom, can operate the vehicles in the game.

Will be entertaining how they handle. My guess is it won't be as bad as everyone is tihnking since the vehicle will more than likely be designed to handle the obvious incoherent visuals that would be apparent. My guess is torso up only will be displayed. No idea how they will handle motorcycles....
#22 Posted: 18:32:21 03/07/2015

Yes, because why the hell would she be going after the Superchargers without getting a repose when every core in the same picture is confirmed to become one. She and Rollerbrawl would be another issue, but Spyro isn't around with any other Magic element guy in that cover.
---
Chef peeper Green Sparx Gems: 407
#23 Posted: 23:13:39 03/07/2015
I don't think Spyro is coming back.
My reasoning
1. The skylanders games are aimed towards kids. Kids like new and shiny stuff but also stuff that they are familuer with. These kids did not grow up with spyro so they really don't hold him in high regard as the older players of skylanders do.
2. All of the skylanders realesed so far have been bipedal. This is to simulate actual driving that kids would be familer with. Although it would look funny seeing a quadruped try and drive a vehicle, the skylander people tend to go with show instead of comedy. An example of this was trap team. None of the trap masters were quadrupeds due to the theme that the trap masters were skylanders who could wield traptanium weapons. See what I am pointing to.
3. In plain Spyro in skylandes is boring. Only have up to three moves limits the potential spyro is known for. He is ment to be a moan characther with a vaster move set and abilities.
4. Only the spyro fans want him back. People just arnt buying him. Only the older spyro fans or the collectors are. From my experience any skylander section I go to at GameStop I see a bunch of his eon eliet left and some gen 1 and gen 2 in the used section. And at other stores spry is still there in bulk.

I know I'll get hate on this but these are just the facts. Most likely we will get pop fizz or I could be totaly wrong and we get the suprise return of spyro.
#24 Posted: 23:20:58 03/07/2015
1. Yet here he is in all the merch.
2.EVERY. SINGLE. TOPIC. Also Knight Mare exists, sure she has extra arms but the legs are all four on the ground.
3. New moveset in Superchargers. Why is everyone thinking he'll stay the same when SE,GG and Terrafin haven't?
4. The lack of source on sales of his figure makes this look like a huge assumpting that makes no sense. Eon's Elite in general seems to be around in stores because it's too expensive. Your store is not the entire game's stock.

These aren't 100% facts, most of these are opinions and theories.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:46 03/07/2015 by Bifrost
Chef peeper Green Sparx Gems: 407
#25 Posted: 23:38:27 03/07/2015
Knew I was going to make people up set. Yes I am a moron about knight mare and totaly forgot about her even though she's one of my favorites. Yes I said facts but all facts are biased on opinions and facts can also be not a hundred percent true. I am just going from what I think, know, and have seen. I am a collector and a old time spyro fan. I would love to see him come back but I truly think he dosent shine unless he's the main characther. Also it dosent matter if a skylander has a lot of merch it doesn't mean there truly popular with kids.

Also don't know about other Gamestops but eons elite are fairly cheap. 12$ ain't bad in my book.
#26 Posted: 23:51:30 03/07/2015
They're far out of my affordable range already because of dollar conversion,but I heard people in this forum complaining about the prices quite a lot and that only collectors really went after most of them(as in, kids just got their favorite and done).

As I said in other threads, if he's not the main character I'm willing to at least stay with what he has left, so getting a figure with a new moveset would help him SO much compared to Pop Fizz or Star Strike who are tons of fun even with just basic upgrades. Even for someone who's used to charging and fireballing for a long time it's kind of stale without his other oldschool tricks, so imagine if he had as many combos or sub-attacks like new characters do - people would actually have reason to like him having played the old games or not that's not based on him being super adorable/heroic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:17 03/07/2015 by Bifrost
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#27 Posted: 00:37:45 04/07/2015
Quote: Chef peeper
All of the skylanders realesed so far have been bipedal.

You mean "SuperChargers". "All of the skylanders" are more than just the ones in SSC. Also, take a closer look at Spitfire. Vertical build =/= bipedal (Spitfire, lots of older characters), and bipedal =/= vertical build (Chopper, Fright).

Edit, random thought: Double Trouble's soul gem is Waterwalker, Magic Vehicles are Sea terrain... Also, non-bipedal vertical build like Spitfire... Unlikely to happen, but it would be interesting if they did a surprise twist and made him the revamped Magic SuperCharger.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:56:25 04/07/2015 by Nightmoon
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#28 Posted: 04:40:14 04/07/2015

Yes but they probably don't want 4 legged skylanders to be superchargers to avoid it from getting...weird. For example no 4 footed skylanders have been revealed as superchargers and their probably won't be any.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#29 Posted: 11:44:45 04/07/2015
we can dream.. but i think they have dropped spyro for good by now. i would love to have him back thou...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#30 Posted: 12:29:36 04/07/2015

Wich is why I'm only using dragons (mainly STT ones) durning my play through. I have a spare Blades anyways...
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#31 Posted: 12:29:48 04/07/2015
I think vv will add spyro or pop fizz as the supercharger
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#32 Posted: 14:30:41 04/07/2015
Also, here's something on the subject of new moveset - If the redundancy of two speed-based moves on Spyro wasn't bad enough, I could never put my finger on why I just can't enjoy using his charge all these years, but I think I figured it out.
I just handles like you're running with a really heavy character, compared to what he used to move like all these years ago.
Just look at how he handles in Hero's Tail. Turns very quickly, minimal startup and cooldown, and isn't only fast but FEELS fast. Sure, it's suited for exploration of big levels,but it's just so good and even if it was made temporary in Skylanders would be a great asset.(and though I despise that game's "humor" I still can't help but say it has the best gameplay of the series in my opinion for being so damn polished)
Now, SSA as an example though the handling hasn't changed throught the games(14:52 if the timeline glitched). It's barely faster than normal running speed, very resistant to turning, and in general not worth it comparing to flying unless you have Ibex Charge for attacking.
That's just an example of how they could tweak a new moveset around to make him enjoyable - if they keep his charge that is, I'd prefer melee but we can't read the devs' minds.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:34:05 04/07/2015 by Bifrost
#33 Posted: 14:38:52 04/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Also, here's something on the subject of new moveset - If the redundancy of two speed-based moves on Spyro wasn't bad enough, I could never put my finger on why I just can't enjoy using his charge all these years, but I think I figured it out.
I just handles like you're running with a really heavy character, compared to what he used to move like all these years ago.
Just look at how he handles in Hero's Tail. Turns very quickly, minimal startup and cooldown, and isn't only fast but FEELS fast. Sure, it's suited for exploration of big levels,but it's just so good and even if it was made temporary in Skylanders would be a great asset.(and though I despise that game's "humor" I still can't help but say it has the best gameplay of the series in my opinion for being so damn polished)
Now, SSA as an example though the handling hasn't changed throught the games(14:52 if the timeline glitched). It's barely faster than normal running speed, very resistant to turning, and in general not worth it comparing to flying unless you have Ibex Charge for attacking.
That's just an example of how they could tweak a new moveset around to make him enjoyable - if they keep his charge that is, I'd prefer melee but we can't read the devs' minds.

Spyro's charge in TT is by far the worst speed in the series. It's not even a smudge faster then him walking. TfB LOVES making things slow. I guess it's a lazy way to make the levels feel longer.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#34 Posted: 14:41:24 04/07/2015
Hardly when you have other character charges cut off entire minutes - just try spamming Shadow Dash with Cynder, sometimes the events barely catch up with you. I think they just made him feel heavier all around and it makes no sense since he's pretty tiny and nimble to do what he does. (and though that running gag in the Classics got old quick, it'd be useful now for people to try to underestimate him for being so small and get torched by his reflexes)

Darn, I miss my PS2.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:50:47 04/07/2015 by Bifrost
thumpinator Gold Sparx Gems: 2419
#35 Posted: 15:19:18 04/07/2015
If you have the horn thing upgrade for spyro he is fast
#36 Posted: 15:22:18 04/07/2015
Quote: thumpinator

In the charge path, and even then it's little change compared to everyone else that's speed based because he takes way longer to get faster and is even harder to control. Triple fireballs and Daybringer Flame are much easier to manage.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:53 04/07/2015 by Bifrost
#37 Posted: 15:39:45 04/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: thumpinator

In the charge path, and even then it's little change compared to everyone else that's speed based because he takes way longer to get faster and is even harder to control. Triple fireballs and Daybringer Flame are much easier to manage.

Sheep Burner over all is the better path.
---
#38 Posted: 15:57:23 04/07/2015
It's still way too stale,though. Spam Daybringer Flame and hope you hit becuase it's so slow, the magic circle does nothing useful except for that cheap hit you didn't notice, and the exploding fireball does way too little knockback so you can't settle for one. In the Classic games the Superflame or the Fire Orbs had strange arcs/speed but did amazing damage if they hit,and in ANB the secondary fireball was slightly homing and had a very useful area of effect. Comet Dash is melee so it doesn't really count for this.
---
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#39 Posted: 17:26:35 04/07/2015
From the main 8 they only dropped Chop Chop.
No real reason to think Spyro is out
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#40 Posted: 17:31:28 04/07/2015
^And Whirlwind for that Vacuum Bird that Activision likes way too much.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#41 Posted: 17:31:38 04/07/2015
I would love to see Spyro as the returning Magic SuperCharger, but I also think there are also high chances of the other fan-favorite Magic Skylander taking the role, like Pop-Fizz, Star Strike, or Deja Vu.
---
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#42 Posted: 06:48:40 05/07/2015
Quote: ExcitonKnight
^And Whirlwind for that Vacuum Bird that Activision likes way too much.

Whirlwind was replaced by Jet Vac long ago.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#43 Posted: 09:32:58 05/07/2015
90% chance the Magic returning Supercharger is NOT Spyro.
90% chance it is Pop Fizz.
---
bye
#44 Posted: 10:28:32 05/07/2015
Jet-Vac became the new Air mascot as soon as he got released the first time.
Since then we only got one more Whirlwind and at least a Jet-Vac for each game.

I honestly think the most likely characters for the Magic revamp are Pop Fizz, Spyro and Déjà Vu.

Thr former because I could really see him going with the crazy races theme and use a potion powered steampunk boat of some kind. And he's apparently the Magic mascot.
The second because he's one of the most known and advertised Skylanders and could really use some moveset changes as Bifrost said multiple times.
The latter because we have characters from all the three games but Trap Team and I personally think she would suit this year's theme quite well with some tweaks.

Overall I'm leaning towards Pop Fizz though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:24 05/07/2015 by Drek95
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#45 Posted: 11:34:09 05/07/2015
anyone gonna start a petition 'bring spyro back' ?

http://www.ipetitions.com/
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#46 Posted: 11:56:37 05/07/2015
I think a "give us more new characters" petition is more likely to happen if they keep trying to find ways to sell us the same old Skylanders instead of never seen before heroes. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#47 Posted: 13:09:20 05/07/2015
Quote: newkill
90% chance the Magic returning Supercharger is NOT Spyro.
90% chance it is Pop Fizz.

Much proof, very made up statistics, wow.

Pop Fizz has as much chance as most other Cores in this game. Yeah, he has been on a lot of ads, but those were during and before VV's first venture - now they have Dune Bug and Star Strike to push as new and cool. Except for the SSA three which got forgotten after Giants(though fandom interest COULD give Wrecking Ball some small possibility), everyone has a bit of a chance.
But Spyro HAS this appearance in this year's Skylanders Happy Meals and other merch, and is the main character of the prequel graphic novel. It's a lot of chance, even if in the end it'll boil down to the inevitable leak and it could be anyone.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:10:14 05/07/2015 by Bifrost
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#48 Posted: 14:42:17 05/07/2015
Quote: undeadmaster

Everyone there is ether a supercharger or villain.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#49 Posted: 01:58:21 08/07/2015
I think the theme of this game is characters that would look normal to use vehicles and are bipedal. With the announcement of the eon's elite for this game it really grinds that point home that's what they're going for. Boomer finally gets a new release instead of drobot and so does ghost roaster. Let's not forget zook finally makes a return as well and so does slam bam. If that's the case there might not be a sunburn elite but ignitor. All the characters released have that quality to look normal while being in a vehicle. Yes you can import old skylanders to use them, but the main appeal for this game is how they wanted the characters to look natural with a vehicle.

As someone has said they can sell spyro to the point of other mediums WITHOUT including him in the newer games, due to the fact of him being in the previous game in some form. It's possible he will sit out this game and may return in a newer game down the road.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#50 Posted: 03:01:44 08/07/2015
Yeah, post death threats to a company over Spyro and have them trace you back and report you to the authorities~

That's a very swell idea~
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me