First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Spyro's comming back [CLOSED]
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#51 Posted: 03:07:04 08/07/2015
Ikr
Spyro was the reason I got Skylanders in the first place and currently the only spyro i find fun is EE
Supercharger spyro means he gets new move set and that will be swag
Though it's probably going to be pop fizz smilie
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Chef peeper Green Sparx Gems: 407
#52 Posted: 04:29:50 08/07/2015
Quote: Aura24
Yeah, post death threats to a company over Spyro and have them trace you back and report you to the authorities~

That's a very swell idea~

Their a multi billion company. I don't think the really care about an empty threat on some forum. I'm sure they already get tons of hate/threat mail and most likely put it in the shredder.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#53 Posted: 08:34:20 08/07/2015
Skylandersspyro is demonstrating no less immaturity with that though.
Look, we all love our pixels but it's just stupid to threaten people over it. Had more than enough of that from Classic Spyro genwunners.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:34:43 08/07/2015 by Bifrost
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#54 Posted: 08:50:17 08/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Look, we all love our pixels but it's just stupid to threaten people over it. Had more than enough of that from Classic Spyro genwunners.

Oh I totally know where you are coming from. All these flame wars are unnecessary and I'm sick of fans being whiny about petty reasons.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#55 Posted: 08:52:46 08/07/2015
Arguing is fine, but when things stoop down to the lowest level and everyone loses their respect, not cool.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#56 Posted: 10:34:14 08/07/2015

Come on, Bifrost, we are not just talking about pixels.
We are talking about colored plastic!

With a cool and wonderful bronze engine under it!
Totally something to kill for. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Chef peeper Green Sparx Gems: 407
#57 Posted: 14:01:43 08/07/2015
Quote: Drek95

Come on, Bifrost, we are not just talking about pixels.
We are talking about colored plastic!

With a cool and wonderful bronze engine under it!
Totally something to kill for. smilie

"What would you do for a Spyro Bar?"
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#58 Posted: 15:41:16 08/07/2015
Quote: Greeble

So if for example Hex was there, does that mean she's coming?

No, because they pick characters at random for the stories.

Yes, because why the hell would she be going after the Superchargers without getting a repose when every core in the same picture is confirmed to become one. She and Rollerbrawl would be another issue, but Spyro isn't around with any other Magic element guy in that cover.

Maybe to add other characters to the story instead of just the Super Charger Skylanders.

Just because no-one else is shown with him doesn't automatically mean he's coming back.

They put him in everything to shut people up, no other reason.

People read things into it, because they think that Spyro is the be all and end all of the series when he's actually not.
---
^ You all know it's true
#59 Posted: 17:18:00 08/07/2015
They put him because he's popular(or say he is), you're trying to guess stuff only Acti knows. They lost the classic fans from that very first second of the reboot and clearly don't try to appeal to them ever - no matter what they do genwunners say it's not the same after all. Sometimes they bring up old school inpirations, but with nearly no pandering, sometimes not even a hint it happened before.
If we see only characters that end up in SC in the cover, we can at least guess. Skylanders make cameos all the time in the comics but cover guys always get more screentime. If we get previews and find out the other 7 veterans are featured, the chances are even greater.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:20:14 08/07/2015 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#60 Posted: 17:30:54 08/07/2015
@Skylandersspyro
Stop posting death threats, kid. You're not being cool, especially posting that kind of stuff.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:30:34 08/07/2015 by Aura24
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#61 Posted: 17:34:20 08/07/2015
Im joking.It was bad i admit it.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#62 Posted: 18:46:54 08/07/2015
Quote: Greeble

People read things into it, because they think that Spyro is the be all and end all of the series when he's actually not.

This pretty much in a nutshell. I think some old school people think that skylanders is more about spyro but he's just one of the pack now. The mains are gill grunt, trigger happy, stealth elf, jet-vac, pop-fizz and a few others. He's more of a guest that cameos from his star status from game to game, but he's not the go to guy or end all.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#63 Posted: 19:01:33 08/07/2015
Outside of the games, Spyro is given a lot more spotlight in the comics, novels and merchandise. Even one of the writers of the Skylanders IDW comics attempted to establish how important Spyro is to the Skylanders team, since he is their key character, or one of them.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#64 Posted: 19:09:41 08/07/2015
Quote: Aura24
Outside of the games, Spyro is given a lot more spotlight in the comics, novels and merchandise. Even one of the writers of the Skylanders IDW comics attempted to establish how important Spyro is to the Skylanders team, since he is their key character, or one of them.

He's a key character but not THE character of the franchise. I think in this series of games to be honest what makes them so good in a way is any character can be that way. I don't keep track of the comics nor much of the merch outside of the games. I've seen spyro on things but I don't consider him a main after spyro's adventure. He's more like a general in charge of troops to me while there's others in his position depending on the game. It's those characters you put on the portal and identify with. While yes some may identify with spyro in this way, you have over a hundred that anyone can possibly say is the best to them. That compared to other franchises makes the game however you play it. You don't have to have the starters take center stage if you want other characters to do so.

I honestly think there should've been less releases of many of the figures simply on the fact that it makes them grow on you. The way that tfb and vv are handling the franchise now is making them more disposable with the newest shiny. It shouldn't be that way. Some people get attached with their characters and while they like seeing variations, its better they get to take them through each game and this series lets them do that. The companies need to return to that dynamic, go as far as bring challenges back and increase the level cap. Not for the sake of pvp but the fact that the characters do matter. I don't mind seeing spyro but i'd rather he's given a rest like some characters should be so there's not an over abundance of him.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:15:23 08/07/2015 by tigerdr
#65 Posted: 19:32:20 08/07/2015
Yeah, Spyro's considered Eon's second in command. When Master Eon is absent, Spyro tooks over as temporary leader of the Skylanders.
---
#66 Posted: 19:44:14 08/07/2015
He's more of what you'd call lead and not protagonist. A lead is usually who'll have leader attitude but no more important than other characters. So the same way the series is about GG, it's about Spyro, even about Food Fight - Spyro is just who, in canon, they'd rely more on.
---
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#67 Posted: 19:50:42 08/07/2015
Maybe if they actually had the Skylanders interact with each other in the games we'd actually care.... They're basically all just a cool design, a move set and bad-pun catchphrases...
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#68 Posted: 20:00:04 08/07/2015
Quote: ultyzaus
Maybe if they actually had the Skylanders interact with each other in the games we'd actually care.... They're basically all just a cool design, a move set and bad-pun catchphrases...

That'd be awesome, but like every game with 40+ playable characters it'd be a VA nightmare(even worse case than they being called by name by NPCs). But that's exactly what spinoffs and supporting material are for, having smaller crews for more manageable production.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:01:01 08/07/2015 by Bifrost
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#69 Posted: 20:41:43 08/07/2015
They could use only a select few in the cutscenes and have some present in the hub (except when they're played as) addressing the player as Portal Master instead of the played Skylander. A bit like they did in the beginning of Giants. They don't have to program each one of them for every instance, but at least make them a bit more involved in the plot.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#70 Posted: 20:52:01 08/07/2015
I have to admit that the Oracle calling your Skylander with his/her name during his level is still one of the most magical moments I had playing these games.

Right next to Kaos' Mom taking control of the Portal or the first trapped villain.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
LimeLight Green Sparx Gems: 403
#71 Posted: 20:56:37 08/07/2015
It is rumored that Pop fizz is the returning magic supercharger coming back as "Big Bubble Pop fizz".
I personally want Spyro to come back but sadly I believe Pop fizz is the magic supercharger.
---
Skylanders is SuperCharged!
Here`s my game
Skylanders Guardians is coming... //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=121735
#72 Posted: 21:51:40 08/07/2015
They put him because he's popular(or say he is), you're trying to guess stuff only Acti knows. They lost the classic fans from that very first second of the reboot and clearly don't try to appeal to them ever - no matter what they do genwunners say it's not the same after all. Sometimes they bring up old school inpirations, but with nearly no pandering, sometimes not even a hint it happened before.
If we see only characters that end up in SC in the cover, we can at least guess. Skylanders make cameos all the time in the comics but cover guys always get more screentime. If we get previews and find out the other 7 veterans are featured, the chances are even greater.

Like i said people read what they want into things.

I hope he doesn't come back yet again, but if he does who actually cares?

It's not a matter of life and death.
---
^ You all know it's true
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#73 Posted: 22:01:23 08/07/2015
Spyro sucks in battle and the word 'nostalgia' is nonsense

Bring back someone from Trap Team like Deja Vu or Cobra Cadabra
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
#74 Posted: 02:13:41 09/07/2015
Quote: Iganagor
Spyro sucks in battle and the word 'nostalgia' is nonsense

Bring back someone from Trap Team like Deja Vu or Cobra Cadabra

Iganagor, seriously, it's the second time you posted this in this thread. You don't like playing as him, we can read and we got it.
---
#75 Posted: 02:15:18 09/07/2015
I'm starting to think he's just trolling now.
---
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#76 Posted: 02:25:10 09/07/2015
If every skylander can drive which includes spyro, sonic boom etc
Then they should make spyro a supercharger so it's not so weird driving as a dragon

Personally I think they should have from the beginning that s2 s3 should have new movesets instead of one new attack,
Like what was the purpose of having s2 in the first place?
Fan favourites returning in the new game, wow great, one new attack that will change my life holy,
Like spyro is one of my favourites but the same moveset gets boring quickly, same for all Skylanders,
So if spyro isn't in Superchargers , mabye sky 6 will do it,
Though it's more likely that pop fizz will be the reposed supercharger,
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#77 Posted: 02:35:58 09/07/2015
I don't understand why Iganagor think's that Spyro's current quality in battle has any bearing on how he'd fair as a SuperCharger. The SuperChargers have completely different move sets than their normal selves. Ergo, a SuperCharger Spryo would have a completely different move set than normal Spyro.

Of course, I personally enjoy Spyro's simple fighting style, I just wish he could change his flame breath to other types of elemental breaths that have different secondary effects
---
Boop me if you see this.
iceflow76 Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#78 Posted: 12:49:42 09/07/2015
I think we can close this thread now. It's been confirmed that Splat and Pop Fizz are the Magic Skylanders this time around.

[User Posted Image]
---
Characters Owned: 131 of 131 (100%) (Bring on Superchargers)
Figures Owned: 209 of 268 (77.9%)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:50:19 09/07/2015 by iceflow76
#79 Posted: 13:22:51 09/07/2015
So Spyro was in the comics as an add on character...
---
^ You all know it's true
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me