Page 1 of 1
How some skylanders will drive...?
Gruffon77 Green Sparx Gems: 272
#1 Posted: 20:37:02 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Now most of us our debating on how we are not going to get a quadrapet supercharger... But my question is, if all skylanders are able to drive... How are giants going to be able to drive? I don't think tree Rex will fit in the seat of the hot streak... Maybe if certain skylanders are there for the car (minus the superchargers and cores) maybe it will shrink or grow or alter to match the driver. So the hot streak would get bigger to fit the entire Tree Rex... Otherwise the Giants are going to look like they are driving clown cars. I don't think Thumpback would look good crushed up against the windshield of the dive bomber...
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#2 Posted: 21:10:21 30/06/2015
I think you maybe right about that but I also wonder if that could make giants more op.
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#3 Posted: 21:16:09 30/06/2015
Pretty sure the character adjusts in size to the vehicle, but not confirmed
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#4 Posted: 21:56:43 30/06/2015
Bowser adjusts in size but they have yet to show gameplay of older characters.

We had a topic on this already. The vehicles are button activated and have no need for opposable thumbs, and Stealth Elf's modding menu animation has her sitting on the wheel while the seat is ejected - it might have some way of adjusting to a Giant.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Gruffon77 Green Sparx Gems: 272
#5 Posted: 22:11:42 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I am not really sure they would just shrink some of the characters... Bowser still suppose to be smaller than a giant... So I can understand bowser shrinking but a giant? They are called Giants for a reason.
#6 Posted: 22:14:47 30/06/2015
Bowser is about the same size as Tree Rex from footage,comparing to previous games, bigger if on Magma form.
---
Chef peeper Green Sparx Gems: 407
#7 Posted: 03:31:21 01/07/2015
I honestly want the clown car effect. I always like oversized characters on small cars.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 08:03:18 01/07/2015
Yes, I want funny and wacky animations.
Tree Rex riding Hot Streak like a toy car, Thumpback desperately trying not to fall off from Sky Slicer, Ninjini uncomfortably stuffed inside Sea Shadow maybe even saying some funny lines like "even my botte had more space than this thing!".

I absolutely want V.V. to be as crazy as they can get with animations, dialogues and effects (imagine Eruptor saying something about burning the inside of Stealth Elf's helicopter worried about what she could say when she finds it out or Stink Bomb admitting he wouldn't want to be the next Dive Bomber driver after himself... smilie).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#9 Posted: 06:56:32 02/07/2015
How is prism break going to drive? With his mouth? What about drill sergeant? Is he going to hook you the the vehicle like r2-d2 does with space crafts?
#10 Posted: 06:58:12 02/07/2015
I would love to see two minis try and drive, one has the steering while the other does the pedals!
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#11 Posted: 13:01:20 02/07/2015
Will Bash grab the wheel in his jaws? Will Wrecking Ball do the same? How will Lightning Rod touch the pedals?!

We could see some hilarious results
---
Whip up a storm!
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#12 Posted: 13:33:50 02/07/2015
Quote: Angry Rage Quit
Will Bash grab the wheel in his jaws? Will Wrecking Ball do the same? How will Lightning Rod touch the pedals?!

There are no pedals.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#13 Posted: 17:08:46 02/07/2015
Quote: Angry Rage Quit

I don't think the vehicles have pedals because spitfire has no legs either
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#14 Posted: 20:16:07 02/07/2015
The vehicles seem to be activated by some buttons so litterally any Skylander can drive them since they all have some kind of limb.

Wrecking Ball could use his tongue and Pop Thorn... Well, his little chubby legs... I guess.
Or even his tail.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
warnado745 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3669
#15 Posted: 12:52:43 05/07/2015
What about Fright Rider? I'm very curious about how he will manage in a vehicle.
---
Was here before the dinosaurs
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#16 Posted: 15:36:55 05/07/2015
It's a fantasy game in a fantasy universe, anything is possible. Don't know why some peoples are looking for logic, how some skylanders will drive the vehicles ... Srsly? Skylanders have a lot of illogical things.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#17 Posted: 15:54:13 05/07/2015
Agreed XSparxX ....they all will will fit in the vehicles...and there not driving them....YOU ARE!!!....there just sitting in them.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#18 Posted: 20:02:28 05/07/2015
I honestly can't wait to see how Tread Head drives.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#19 Posted: 20:32:54 05/07/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
and there not driving them....YOU ARE!!!....there just sitting in them.

It's actually both us and the Skylanders who are piloting the vehicles together.

https://www.skylanders.com/vid...s-superchargers

Quote:
SKYLANDS IS IN PERIL! KAOS HAS UNLEASHED HIS MOST EVIL WEAPON YET — THE DOOM STATION OF ULTIMATE DOOMSTRUCTION. ALL OF SKYLANDS STANDS ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE, AND A SPECIAL TEAM, CALLED THE SUPERCHARGERS, HAS BEEN ASSEMBLED TO PILOT AN UNSTOPPABLE FLEET OF INCREDIBLE VEHICLES. NOW YOU AND THE SUPERCHARGERS MUST PILOT THESE POWERFUL VEHICLES OVER LAND, UNDER SEA, AND THROUGH THE SKY TO STOP KAOS AND SAVE SKYLANDS!
---
Boop me if you see this.
#20 Posted: 20:47:25 05/07/2015
I'd bring up about that scene in The Cat in the Hat where they're all driving with their own wheels in the same car, but no one needs to be reminded that movie exists.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#21 Posted: 20:49:16 05/07/2015
Too late. You already reminded us. *Throws stale muffin at Bifrost*
---
Boop me if you see this.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#22 Posted: 21:26:33 05/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
I'd bring up about that scene in The Cat in the Hat where they're all driving with their own wheels in the same car, but no one needs to be reminded that movie exists.

Skylanders at Universal Studios!

[User Posted Image]
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#23 Posted: 01:46:03 06/07/2015
According to a recent issue of Game Informer, all previous Skylanders will be able to drive the vehicles, but only the Superchargers can upgrade them.
Also I read somewhere that Superchargers get +1 level boost to level 21
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#24 Posted: 03:09:28 06/07/2015
You guys are taking this way to seriously. This topic is to make you laugh. Most of us here are hoping that they go the comedic route and go over the top on how the skylanders look in there vehicles. And yes I know there not drive, it's a video game, geez let people have some fun with there imagination.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#25 Posted: 06:18:58 06/07/2015
How will some skylanders drive...I say precariously and with reckless abandon. smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#26 Posted: 13:15:20 06/07/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
How will some skylanders drive...I say precariously and with reckless abandon. smilie

Sounds like me in Arkham Knight. Is that a supporting pylon for this building? It's between me and a Riddler trophy, so it has to go.
#27 Posted: 14:33:53 06/07/2015
Quote: defpally

Sounds like me in Arkham Knight. Is that a supporting pylon for this building? It's between me and a Riddler trophy, so it has to go.

I'm FINALLY getting to the point where I can halfway drive decently....but operating vehicles isn't my strong suit. I'm also firing my vulcans and in inadvertently hitting R3 which zooms in...frustrating as all heck.

I'm also pretty sure every tombstone in the graveyard was destroyed as I was searching for Ivy's plant....sorry grandma!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:36:30 06/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#28 Posted: 14:40:46 06/07/2015
Quote: defpally

I'm FINALLY getting to the point where I can halfway drive decently....but operating vehicles isn't my strong suit. I'm also firing my vulcans and in inadvertently hitting R3 which zooms in...frustrating as all heck.

When you start to drive don't touch the right stick unless it is to correct one of the annoying "cinematic moments" of blowing up another car in chase mode. Use the powerslide button for sharp corners. Some people prefer first person mode for driving because the camera wonkiness - I'll never understand why they thought independent camera control while driving was a good idea. I like they added the Batmobile, but they went too far on how much they make you use it. And I hated the Firefly chases - finally realized you didn't need to shoot him down, just launch out of the car when close enough.
#29 Posted: 14:45:39 06/07/2015
Yeah, I suspected the vehicle aspects would take away from the primary experience. Wondering how many parallels there will be with Superchargers. I still haven't finished the first Firefly mission. And I have to be within a couple of hours of completing the story (Cloudburst has been released).

Very nutty on the pc port. Can't blame Rocksteady directly, but they will get a lot of the blame regardless (even though a 12 man crew did it). They have to stop treating the PC guys and second class citizens. I recall the glitching at the last major conference and compounded with the delays realized they had their hands full.

There's a lot to like in the game, despite the vehicle mandates. Don't the tank scenes harken back to BattleZone? smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:48:06 06/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#30 Posted: 18:32:19 06/07/2015
The tank battles remind me of the Halo 2 bridge mission with the tank. They are fun once you get the hang of them, but they are totally not Batman. Very out of place. I've gotten to the point when I get a large group of guys I don't want to fight to calling in the car then just neutralizing them all that way - it is a cop out. Once you have the main story out of the way and the mines cleared, the car becomes more of a chase/transport mechanism and it isn't that bad. I've used it a lot by choice trying to collect Riddler stuff. It's also pretty fun when you can arrange a vantage point on a checkpoint and use the tank to clean house.

No spoilers, but you are pretty close to the end of the main story. The part you are out has a pretty annoying part, but it gets WAY better at the very end of the main story. Totally makes up for the car/tank parts of the end game. And no, the last segment doesn't involve the car, thank goodness. For a while there I was guessing the game was going to end with a big car chase or tank battle.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me