darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > For those of us that don't have a Nintendo console
Page 1 of 1
For those of us that don't have a Nintendo console
Chef peeper Green Sparx Gems: 407
#1 Posted: 19:51:39 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator
So we all know that players with Nintendo systems get two exclusive landers. So this leads to my two point question....

1. Will we get exclusive characthers for playstation and Xbox?

2. Will we get a pure racing game like the wii or will it be built into our game?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#2 Posted: 19:56:30 20/06/2015
No one answered that on E3,we'll have to wait.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 20:18:15 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Go figure.

Not trying to sound like a whiny little kid here but that's just poor show if they are choosing to show favoritism for the people that have Nintendo systems. I mean a lot of players probably only have one system. I personally only have a playstation and am more than a little peeved that me and my little brother can't play some of the figures. Especially when there two well known characters we would like to play as.

Not trying to sound sinical but it just dosent feel like the skylander designers care for what fans want. Other wise they would put the original skylanders to bed and repose some newer landers. I mean really how many time can you repurpose a fish man with a harpoon?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#4 Posted: 20:33:59 20/06/2015
Well, no one can say if it was their choice. They seemed to be pretty hyped to show off Cloud Breather Dragon levels but those were so few and in only some channels; maybe Nintendo gave them some dibs on interviews if they showed Amiibolanders only.

Also that's just your opinion of landers, those ARE popular,even if it's the "I really like the gameplay" popular and not "I WANT A THOUSAND OF HIM" like they interpret it as.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#5 Posted: 20:45:50 20/06/2015
We'll see how popular they are after this year's fierce competition and continued repetition.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#6 Posted: 21:23:01 20/06/2015
the reason that they got in on the exclusives for nintendo is sony got some for infinity for this year with star wars so each game basically got picked for some exclusivity and it makes sense you can only get dk on the wii u since its struggling.

while superchargers is looking not too bad, i don't say its day one to purchase due to no collector type edition as in a dark edition, etc so it's best to wait. i have to agree with lemons that it's going to be cutthroat this year and they're going to see a nosedive in sales despite the new attraction of vehicles. star wars and lego will probably clean up.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#7 Posted: 21:38:15 20/06/2015
Quote: Chef peeper
Go figure.

Not trying to sound like a whiny little kid here but that's just poor show if they are choosing to show favoritism for the people that have Nintendo systems. I mean a lot of players probably only have one system. I personally only have a playstation and am more than a little peeved that me and my little brother can't play some of the figures. Especially when there two well known characters we would like to play as.

Not trying to sound sinical but it just dosent feel like the skylander designers care for what fans want. Other wise they would put the original skylanders to bed and repose some newer landers. I mean really how many time can you repurpose a fish man with a harpoon?

its not about favoritism or the designers not carrying. its all about money. one party payed the other to make these special character only for that system. it could be activision wanting to sell more units on the wii and wii u or nintendo wanting people to buy there figures more and buy more wii's. these are console exclusive and it becoming a very popular trend in the gaming industry right now. look at desitny. it has content that will only ever be out for the ps4 even thou the game is also on the xbox 1. developers make deals with the console manufactures to help push people into buying there console or the game for there console. i mean look at all the hype the ninitendo figures have made just on this site. im sure several people are now going to buy the wii version when before they were not ( maybe other versions too). but mission accomplished for nintendo, they have sold more wii/wii u units of the game now.

the average gamer is not that loyal, they will change consoles based on what they see and many of them have more than one console, even i had a xbox 360 and ps3 for some time until i sold my xbox and i got a wii downstairs ( mainly for netflix). a perfect example of this is call of duty. for the longest time xbox got all the new DLC 2-3 months before ps3 did. that was because xbox was the more popular console. but with the xbox 1 and ps4 the tides have shifted, xbox 1 now trails ps4 by a large margin and now ps4 is getting the DLC 2-3 months before xbox1. is this unfair to people that dont have/ dont want to buy that console? yes. why do they do this? because we have shown that we want these things by buying more of that exclusive version. will they stop? only if we stop buying the exclusives. its like that article someone posted on a pre-order topic about why its bad to pre-order.
#8 Posted: 21:39:49 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: tigerdr
the reason that they got in on the exclusives for nintendo is sony got some for infinity for this year with star wars so each game basically got picked for some exclusivity and it makes sense you can only get dk on the wii u since its struggling.

while superchargers is looking not too bad, i don't say its day one to purchase due to no collector type edition as in a dark edition, etc so it's best to wait. i have to agree with lemons that it's going to be cutthroat this year and they're going to see a nosedive in sales despite the new attraction of vehicles. star wars and lego will probably clean up.

Yeah I agree with lemon too. With such a huge fan base infinity will definitely clean house.

Also on a side note I don't believe Sony signed over anything on Star Wars because disney bought Star Wars a couple years ago from lucus. Hence why they took clone wars down and took lego Star Wars and Star Wars rebels.
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#9 Posted: 22:05:01 20/06/2015
I hope for a smilie fig for PS3,PS4 exclusive
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#10 Posted: 22:06:41 20/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr

Yeah I agree with lemon too. With such a huge fan base infinity will definitely clean house.

Also on a side note I don't believe Sony signed over anything on Star Wars because disney bought Star Wars a couple years ago from lucus. Hence why they took clone wars down and took lego Star Wars and Star Wars rebels.

Is a bundle that is coming to Sony for Disney Infinity. It doesn't have anything that is exclusive to Sony consoles only tho.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#11 Posted: 22:33:49 20/06/2015

I don't understand this idea that folks really, really want to play as DK or Bowser, but don't already have a Nintendo system. It makes no logical sense to me.

Go buy a used Wii for $40 or so. Then, wait for the Wii version of Sky5 to go on sale for $30-$40 or such. Then, for bonus, go buy all of the great Wii games you missed out on.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#12 Posted: 22:48:03 20/06/2015
Quote: UncleBob

I don't understand this idea that folks really, really want to play as DK or Bowser, but don't already have a Nintendo system. It makes no logical sense to me.

Go buy a used Wii for $40 or so. Then, wait for the Wii version of Sky5 to go on sale for $30-$40 or such. Then, for bonus, go buy all of the great Wii games you missed out on.

The problem with that is that the Wii version is Superchargers Racing, so you won't get to play as Bowser/DK in proper Skylanders gameplay. They'd have to get a Wii U. Bonus for Wii U: You can still get all the old good Wii games as well as newer great Wii U games. Plus, you can play both of the new Skylanders games on the same console.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#13 Posted: 22:55:03 20/06/2015
OP said he wanted a racing game like what the Wii is getting.

I fully endorse buying a Wii U if you have that ability. Obviously, even a used Wii U costs a significant amount more than picking up a used Wii though.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#14 Posted: 23:01:10 20/06/2015
OP said he wanted a racing game like what the Wii is getting.

True, but the point was that they're not playable in normal Skylanders fashion, so if he wants that in addition to racing, then he'll have to get a Wii U. Heck, he needs the Wii U starter to get Donkey Kong, or buy pre-owned.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#15 Posted: 00:37:23 21/06/2015
What about Sly Bandit for PS consoles and Conker the Squirrel and Banjo-Kazooie for XBOX systems? DK and Bowser may not be allowed outside of Nintendo games, but it would be nice to have other exclusive characters for PS and XBOX only.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:51 21/06/2015 by TheShadowDragon
#16 Posted: 02:17:08 21/06/2015
I'd say if you're wanting console exclusives for Sky5, you're out of luck at this point.

We've seen the starter packs for all systems (aside from iOS, if I'm correct). They've stated that the Nintendo-exclusives are being packed into the starter packs to avoid the confusion that would happen if someone picked up a Nintendo-exclusive figure and it wouldn't work on a non-Nintendo system.

They know that creating a Microsoft-exclusive or Sony-exclusive would have the exact same problem, so they'd most likely put those in the starter-packs for their respective system as well. Since we've seen their starters, it seems that ain't happin', cap'n.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#17 Posted: 10:45:20 21/06/2015
I'd say if you're wanting console exclusives for Sky5, you're out of luck at this point.

We've seen the starter packs for all systems (aside from iOS, if I'm correct). They've stated that the Nintendo-exclusives are being packed into the starter packs to avoid the confusion that would happen if someone picked up a Nintendo-exclusive figure and it wouldn't work on a non-Nintendo system.

They know that creating a Microsoft-exclusive or Sony-exclusive would have the exact same problem, so they'd most likely put those in the starter-packs for their respective system as well. Since we've seen their starters, it seems that ain't happin', cap'n.

Agree.

And I'm happy about it since I prefer Spitfire to a Skylanderified Sackboy, Kratos, Banjo, Ratchet, Master Chief, whatever, especially if they are not universal.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#18 Posted: 21:35:04 21/06/2015
Quote: Drek95

Agree.

And I'm happy about it since I prefer Spitfire to a Skylanderified Sackboy, Kratos, Banjo, Ratchet, Master Chief, whatever, especially if they are not universal.

if there was a ratchet and clank figure i would buy that right away, i love that game.
#19 Posted: 21:49:20 21/06/2015
Quote: Alphawolf
Quote: Drek95

Agree.

if there was a ratchet and clank figure i would buy that right away, i love that game.

Love it too and might buy the figure but would prefer if they were just extras.

This year's roster is already 50% made up of revamps so I'm not really happy to see two guest stars instead of brand new and creative Skylanders.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#20 Posted: 22:08:36 21/06/2015
It really doesn't seem like the two Nintendo characters are replacing what would have been two new additions to the game.
#21 Posted: 22:13:03 21/06/2015
It really doesn't seem like the two Nintendo characters are replacing what would have been two new additions to the game.

No, that's not what I was trying to say.

I'm not happy with them because I don't like how they were handled but I was talking about them referring to reposes because I felt disappointed when they announced them after 10 revamps.

I was really hoping for Cores. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#22 Posted: 22:29:36 21/06/2015
Ah. You stated something about the guest stars "instead of" new characters.
#23 Posted: 22:35:21 21/06/2015
Ah. You stated something about the guest stars "instead of" new characters.

Yeah, after reading it again it does sound like I was saying that. smilie

I was just really disappointed they revealed two Nintendo exlcusive Skylanders after all those revamps, instead of brand new Cores or characters.
But I'm not disappointed about them per se.

Just how they decided to implement the concept.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me