At least I can enjoy a Hot Steak... With a side of 'r'
Wait I own a Wii U...
At least I probably will have a playable Plumber with a red hat

In summary,
This game makes me so happy!!!
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 11:23:00 17/06/2015
VV only likes the idea when it's their team's idea. The attitude shows in both games a LOT, for the better(gameplay mechanics) or the worse(rubber duck chompies).

I'm still confliced, gosh darn it. For every good thing they show,and how their character designs GREATLY improved, there's something they slip in that's just silly or seems to be pushing for a "since you guys loved this so much in Superchargers,we'll do it again" with gimmicklander requirements, exclusive console skylanders and random collectible gates.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:34:34 17/06/2015 by Bifrost
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#3 Posted: 11:25:17 17/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
VV only likes the idea when it's their team's idea. The attitude shows in both games a LOT, for the better(gameplay mechanics) or the worse(rubber duck chompies).

I'm still confliced, gosh darn it. For every good thing they show,and how their character designs GREATLY improved, there's something they slip in that's just silly or seems to be pushing for a "since you guys loved this so much in Superchargers,we'll do it again" with gimmicklander requirements and random collectible gates.

They still bought back Gill Grunt.
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
#4 Posted: 11:27:20 17/06/2015
And gave him THEIR own outfit,with attacks THEY prefer(which are eletricity related; guess they must hate Zap enough to give his attacks to someone else). It's also another one of the questionable choices showing up every cool thing that happens.
---
#5 Posted: 11:28:53 17/06/2015 | Topic Creator
And gave him THEIR own outfit,with attacks THEY prefer(which are eletricity related; guess they must hate Zap enough to give his attacks to someone else). It's also another one of the questionable choices showing up every cool thing that happens.

It's called 'improvement'
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
#6 Posted: 11:30:12 17/06/2015
That is subjective. I call it "dumb and pointless", and thus, not improvement.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:34:52 17/06/2015 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 11:48:59 17/06/2015
Absolutely agree with what you said.

V.V always wants to change the most, by making all "shiny, new and innovative" and yet often exaggerates "ruining" the small (bases, artworks, certain designs) and big (revamps called "new", only one new Skylander per Element in favor of old ones, no Cores, less focus on the characters) details.

My three major gripes with this game are:

1) revamps: I don't care how they look and what they do, they are NOT new characters;
2) how they handled vehicles: I'm hoping what they say it's true, but so far to me is 70% focus on them and 30% focus on classic gameplay;
3) this whole "Skymibios" thing: first time not everyone can play as 2 Skylanders, a bad, BAD precedent.

And other smaller things I mentioned in previous posts.
If SWAP Force was "let's make it new and shiny, by taking some risks but keeping in mind what Skylanders is" SuperChargers seems to be "as long as there are Skylanders in it, it's a Skylanders game".

Again, not saying what they did is bad per se, but it's definitely not the direction I would want this series to take.
I'm absolutely more on TfB frequency.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:02:13 17/06/2015 by Drek95
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#8 Posted: 12:39:07 17/06/2015
Yeah, even though I did get sort of overexcited about the whole Skymiibo thing at first, I admit it was a boneheaded decision to go against what was one of the selling points of this game in the first place, and that was being able to use your characters anywhere, on any console. I think they only really did this just to boost Nintendo sales. smilie

And also some things they did, like the limited usage of traps, I kind of wonder if it was a slap back in the face at TfB for completely ignoring pretty much every improvement and change they had done in SF (nothing special for swappers to do being one). That's probably far-fetched, but that's just how I think of it.

I'll still prolly get this game (the digital version), but I think I may be cutting back this year and I just won't think as highly of this series as I used to. smilie
---
Purple dragon.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#9 Posted: 13:19:20 17/06/2015
I think tfb are more selfish than VV
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#10 Posted: 14:08:26 17/06/2015
Quote: Snap Shot
I think tfb are more selfish than VV

I think both need a slap on the neck for not working together. TFB can be mad all they want for VV trying to push new things onto their brainchild,but responding with stubborness only brings more of that.
---
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#11 Posted: 14:22:51 17/06/2015
Can't we all just get along smilie
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
#12 Posted: 03:37:50 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I bet in the next VV game, you can only play as Skylanders from Swap Force and up! (cause they made Swap Force)
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#13 Posted: 05:13:43 20/06/2015
God damn gill grunt

GO AWAY GILL GRUNT
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#14 Posted: 05:31:24 20/06/2015
I'm only questioning why their can't be more synergy between developers. In truth, looking at the franchise as a whole I prefer the Swap Force way and soon to be Super Chargers. I will always love SSA but TFB hasn't really taken the game beyond it's original game play. Sure they're dealing with jump and we did have tag team play with villains but that's not really expanding the experience. I'm currently in the middle of another play-thru of Swap Force on the PS4 and I'm still amazed at what that game delivered on. Just the sliding rails during certain levels, Swap Zones, ARENAS!!!!!!!, Treasures that provide global buffs, more silly hats, and on and on. Love it or hate it V.V. makes a serious effort to expand the game play experience while maintaining what we love and expect from the franchise. Now I know some of these added features aren't appreciated by all but the effort has been expended none the less. TFB does have some amazing character designs (V.V. still has some of my favs too though). I pretty much loved all the cores in Trap Team and wasn't overly thrilled with the Trap Masters. They really need to ditch the Giant theme...we get it TFB, you like Giants. I liked the concept of villains but they way it was executed was too tied to selling more plastic instead of a legit game-play feature. Looking back on it now, I would have rather they made the villains as full scale Skylanders (maybe larger models replacing the Trap Masters) sized figures that would be usable in future installments. Even costing more than traps it would have felt more satisfying. But that ship has sailed. Now here's a hypothetical for what I consider the ultimate Skylander game scenario:

Press Release from Activision (totally fake for clarification):

We are taking a year off for our regular cyclical annual release of a Skylanders game in 2016. We've heard the cries of our fans asking for a more consolidated game play experience and we hear you. In an effort to provide the best possible Skylanders experience we are having Toys for Bob and Vicarious Visions work on the same game. That's right, instead of alternating every year and delivering separate stylized experiences, they will be combining their efforts to make, what we believe will be the Perfect Storm of a Skylanders game. Now details of the actual game will come later but we do have something special planned for 2016.

Beginning June of 2016 and following every 3 months after we will be re-releasing all previously released Skylanders games in HD and allow all released Skylanders to be played in any game. That's right you can bring Trap Masters into Spyro's Adventure. You can play as Light and Dark Skylanders in Giants. Unfortunately the vehicles from Super Chargers cannot be used as they require special zones to be functional. That being said the Super Chargers themselves will be fully playable in any Skylanders game. All titles will be released in H.D. (namely Spyro's Adventure and Giants) and offered as a digital download. This experience will allow long time fans an opportunity to revisit their favorite Skylanders game and play it with any Skylander in their collection. This will allow for a completely new and unique experience. In addition to the global compatibility ALL of these digital releases will have online co-op and pvp options. This means you can team up in the Arenas of Swap Force as well as Kaos' Doom Challenge from Trap Team. The possibilities are endless.

We hope this will give players a game play experience that they've always wanted. Once you see the end result of this amazing collaboration of Skylanders game developers we're certain you'll feel it was worth the wait. The Sky's the limit but not for long...see you soon Portal Master's...

And so on and so forth.

But that's all in a perfect world and will most likely never happen. I can dream can't I?
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#15 Posted: 05:38:24 20/06/2015
In VV I trust. ...lets just leave it at that.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#16 Posted: 12:15:18 20/06/2015
I'm not sure how people know could know what decisions are made by VV, TfB, and Activision. It was my understanding that TfB was primarily responsible for creating all the characters. I'd also assume that Activision has the final say on what characters are in the game. Obviously, some of the smaller details and styles can be attributed to the specific developer of the specific release, but for others, how does anyone with know inside knowledge know made what decision?

Just take the decision to include gill grunt, or really any of the re-imagined superchargers. Do you honestly think that was VV decision? I would guess it was from Activision. They are in charge of the marketing, and I would guess that there is a directive to keep characters alive for franchise continuity, but change them up so that they don't bore. The decision to make vehicles the gimmick this year, do we think VV decided that? I think they had to accept it, but my guess would be the gimmicks are practically already decided in advance for the next 3 skylanders.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#17 Posted: 13:53:07 20/06/2015
I love VV but someone will have my personal target of hate if one day either brands cut off backwards compatibility
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#18 Posted: 20:31:25 20/06/2015

Sounds like every development company to me, unless you're a wimpy class C developer who produces monotonous adventures. Leave my ducky chompies out of it. smilie
#19 Posted: 20:39:29 20/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Sounds like every development company to me, unless you're a wimpy class C developer who produces monotonous adventures. Leave my ducky chompies out of it. smilie

Not sure if that was an insult towards TFB . I meant that the ideas were brought up before but when VV took them it's about how they're tech savvy and know what's best for the fans. No, you just saw people talk about it and took that as your own.

No, I still dislike rubber duck chompies and forever will. I refuse to accept a creature that just throws the basic concepts of enemy design out of the window, I work on that stuff dammit. They look like rubber ducks, they make rubber duck noises, how in the world you call that something harmful - how in the WORLD do they even bite people without a single teeth or anything that can properly crush? It's one thing if it's a REALLY young child game or a wacky sprite game but at the 6-10 year old mark people start to figure out that pointy=bad and soft=good.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:40:57 20/06/2015 by Bifrost
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#20 Posted: 20:44:18 20/06/2015
OK, so was your comment an insult towards VV? I'm simply stating the characteristics portrayed aren't exclusive.
#21 Posted: 20:50:04 20/06/2015
Not an insult, harsh criticism, I can't really be too mad at them with so many improvements now in Superchargers; they ARE learning. But insisting on the chompies still makes no sense - they changed other stuff like the chests to TFB's style, why keep the enemy that's even more iconic?
---
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#22 Posted: 21:54:51 20/06/2015
:'( WHY WHY GILLGRUNT :'(
I just wana
VV for this
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me