darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > NINTENDO STUFF IN SKYLANDERS OMFG!!! :D yes!
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
NINTENDO STUFF IN SKYLANDERS OMFG!!! :D yes!
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#151 Posted: 20:37:12 16/06/2015
Close-up view video shows Donkey Kong in 360 degrees.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#152 Posted: 20:40:25 16/06/2015
Quote: UncleBob
I'll go on record right now for saying - there is absolutly no way at all these characters will appear on the One or PS4. The figures could, in theory, give some kind of bonus on another system, but you will *NOT* be playing as DK on your PS4. It ain't happening. I say this with absolute confidence.

Nintendo also said it....in their video...still sucks though but I'm not shocked.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:41:16 16/06/2015 by Tigorus
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#153 Posted: 21:07:41 16/06/2015
Dammit. I want the PS3 version for the Trophies but I just got to have these.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#154 Posted: 22:11:17 16/06/2015
Scalpers got 2 new toys >.< these better not end up being rare!!!!
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#155 Posted: 22:14:56 16/06/2015
Amazing! Looks like a bought wii u at the right time plus I am a huge fan of donkey kong
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#156 Posted: 22:18:39 16/06/2015
Quote: Windumup

They'll only be in the starter packs, so no scalping to worry about. Unless there's one scalper wealthy enough to buy all the starter packs O.o
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#157 Posted: 22:19:55 16/06/2015
Nintento forcing amiibo colectors to buy skylanders
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#158 Posted: 22:20:04 16/06/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW

They'll only be in the starter packs, so no scalping to worry about. Unless there's one scalper wealthy enough to buy all the starter packs O.o

There was that guy that wasted all his money on Rosalina figures because he hated waifus, I'm sure there'll be someone who hates Skylanders enough to clean the shelves with that reasoning as well. But Acti has more stock so I doubt it'll affect much.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#159 Posted: 22:23:30 16/06/2015
They not only need to be wealthy, but also willing to assume a ridiculous amount of Sure Shot Stealth Elf figures. Elves! Elves everywhere!
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#160 Posted: 22:25:22 16/06/2015
Quote: Nightmoon
They not only need to be wealthy, but also willing to assume a ridiculous amount of Sure Shot Stealth Elf figures. Elves! Elves everywhere!

You just made my day. I just got the funniest and weirdest picture in my head.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#161 Posted: 22:27:20 16/06/2015
Quote: Akseyomiht

They aren't forcing anyone to buy anything. If you don't want the game, buy them off of eBay.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#162 Posted: 22:27:31 16/06/2015
Okay, I've held this off as long as I could...

I'm sorry.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:37:09 16/06/2015 by AdamGregory03
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#163 Posted: 22:32:25 16/06/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: Akseyomiht

They aren't forcing anyone to buy anything. If you don't want the game, buy them off of eBay.

You realize they are going to buy Skylander figures?
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#164 Posted: 23:52:36 16/06/2015
O god, the wii u trap team community on miiverse are asking for other Amiiblanders
-______________________________- welcome to smash bros 2.0 amiiblander edition
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#165 Posted: 00:07:58 17/06/2015
Absolutely brilliant move on both Activision and Nintendo's part. It's going to help both companies sell more product, when both companies have stiff competition.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#166 Posted: 00:55:39 17/06/2015
Has science gone too far?

Now to fight scalpers for DK.
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#167 Posted: 01:59:12 17/06/2015
Will Bowser not be available separately and vice versa for DK?

Since Wii U for example only has DK, I'd be surprised if Bowser and his vehicle would not be available for purchase separately. Plus non Nintendo players would probably still buy them for the figure alone. Plus amiibo collectors would want them.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#168 Posted: 02:01:09 17/06/2015
Quote: somePerson
This is ****ing retarded.

So they're finally here, performing for you
If you know the words, you can join in too
Put your hands together, if you want to clap
As we take you through this monkey rap
Huh!!

DK! Donkey Kong!!

He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well
He's finally back to kick some tail
His Coconut Gun can fire in spurts
If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too
He's the first member of the DK crew
Huh!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#169 Posted: 02:17:49 17/06/2015
Quote: TOlofter

Since Wii U for example only has DK, I'd be surprised if Bowser and his vehicle would not be available for purchase separately. Plus non Nintendo players would probably still buy them for the figure alone. Plus amiibo collectors would want them.

Donkey Kong is in the Wii U Starter Pack. Bowser is in the Wii and 3DS Starter Pack. That's it.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#170 Posted: 02:34:49 17/06/2015
On the plus side, since this is like the only Wii game being made right now(most stores do not even sell Wii games anymore), Wii U is backwards compatible so you could buy the Wii starter too when it gets clearanced out. Plus it is a different game, so Wii U owners technically have 2 different Skylanders games coming out at the same time!
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#171 Posted: 05:40:09 17/06/2015
to everybody saying "this will affect lore" this game has no lore in the first ****ing place. If it did it was **** then.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#172 Posted: 05:55:13 17/06/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429
to everybody saying "this will affect lore" this game has no lore in the first ****ing place. If it did it was **** then.

It does have lore, but it's not affected or ruined by crossovers - it actually fits it.

Skylands is a place.
Earth is another place, distinctly different from Skylands as we saw in the Giants opening.
Kaos, a portal master, sent the skylanders to Earth.
Bowser/DK were taken from another dimension (Mario world obv.), likely using a similar interdimensional magic as Kaos

The real question is why those two (especially Bowser) were chosen.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#173 Posted: 06:07:18 17/06/2015
Quote: Okaps

It does have lore, but it's not affected or ruined by crossovers - it actually fits it.

Skylands is a place.
Earth is another place, distinctly different from Skylands as we saw in the Giants opening.
Bowser/DK were taken from another dimension (Mario world obv.), likely using a similar interdimensional magic as Kaos

good point! why not heros like Mario or Link. Why a Villan and Anti-Hero?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#174 Posted: 06:44:59 17/06/2015
Quote: Windumup

*Laughs a little* Pal, they're starterpack-Landers. I see thrm being not rare in any case. How can a Starterpack-lander be rare?
Gold_guardian Gold Sparx Gems: 2370
#175 Posted: 07:23:13 17/06/2015
Quote: TOlofter

They had better be. I don't want to have to buy 3 freaking starter sets just to be able to get them and Spitfire/Hot steak. Plus who needs that many Stealth elf?
---
~Canadian~
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#176 Posted: 09:13:47 17/06/2015
I can see them not making it as single packs.

Why? To drive sales of the Wii/3DS versions that otherwise NOBODY would buy.
"But I don't want to buy the same game twice" HAHAH! They got you! It's not the same game this time.

You have no excuse not to hand over all of your cash now. It's pretty obvious why they did it this way. I would LOVE to be proven wrong, but I do not expect singles of either figure.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#177 Posted: 09:28:43 17/06/2015
Quote: Pyrofer
I can see them not making it as single packs.

Why? To drive sales of the Wii/3DS versions that otherwise NOBODY would buy.
"But I don't want to buy the same game twice" HAHAH! They got you! It's not the same game this time.

You have no excuse not to hand over all of your cash now. It's pretty obvious why they did it this way. I would LOVE to be proven wrong, but I do not expect singles of either figure.

they did it because they loooooove nintendo, didnt you watch the nintendo e3?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#178 Posted: 13:11:35 17/06/2015

Skylands is a place.

They fit best. As they're creatures, not humans. Nearly all the Skylanders aren't human.

Also, DK is a good guy, not an anti hero. Your thinking of Cranky Kong, DK's Grandfather and for original Donkey Kong.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#179 Posted: 14:09:14 17/06/2015

You have no excuse not to hand over all of your cash now.

Sadly, they failed on something else with the Wii/3DS starters (and somewhat Wii U, but that one is easier to sell) - "But I don't want to buy the same character (Sure Shot Stealth Elf) twice"

seriously, why couldn't they just have put someone else in it? Roller Brawl would be perfect, since she's on the Wii/3DS box art and provides a nice elemental contrast to Stealth Elf.
---
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#180 Posted: 22:51:50 17/06/2015
This is stupid as they have stated time and again that all the figures will work with all versions so now they are basically screwing over anyone who plays on playstation 3/4 or Xbox 360/One.

Also, why isn't there a ps vita version of any of the games?
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#181 Posted: 01:00:38 18/06/2015
Quote: Kiroq
This is stupid as they have stated time and again that all the figures will work with all versions so now they are basically screwing over anyone who plays on playstation 3/4 or Xbox 360/One.

Now now this was eventually going to happen at some point. Sony actually got an exclusive for their star wars starters for infinity for characters. Nintendo threw their lot in with activision for skylanders, which makes the most sense as those systems combined had more sales. If Sony and Microsoft had more characters that can be done this way, which might happen in future installments based on this, it's possible.

Nintendo cares about skylanders to the same aspect that activision does which is not to go too far with all of this in what characters to include. There will be NO mario, link, pit, samus,ganondorf, marth, etc anyone that fits the humanoid mold. Only those that come close to bowser and dk character wise. They have to have that feel that they could actually fit in the skylanders universe. You could say Spyro was the first like this and finally there's more being opened up to joining. DK and Bowser fit and maybe to an extent in the future you might see Crash and perhaps others that are similar to that quality.

There's an article that discusses all of that from yahoo games in which nintendo goes into detail on the fact of there being no single packs of the two and the fact of what characters would go in it. Mario IS NOT going to be one of them.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:06:43 18/06/2015 by tigerdr
#182 Posted: 01:42:28 18/06/2015

The 3DS sold a ton and its versions of Skylanders have crap sales, I'd hate to imagine what the Vita version's sales would be.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#183 Posted: 01:58:40 18/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr

Nintendo cares about skylanders to the same aspect that activision does which is not to go too far with all of this in what characters to include. There will be NO mario, link, pit, samus,ganondorf, marth, etc anyone that fits the humanoid mold. Only those that come close to bowser and dk character wise. They have to have that feel that they could actually fit in the skylanders universe. You could say Spyro was the first like this and finally there's more being opened up to joining. DK and Bowser fit and maybe to an extent in the future you might see Crash and perhaps others that are similar to that quality.

There's an article that discusses all of that from yahoo games in which nintendo goes into detail on the fact of there being no single packs of the two and the fact of what characters would go in it. Mario IS NOT going to be one of them.

[url]nintendo goes into detail on the fact of there being no single packs of the two[/url]

UGHHHHHH
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#184 Posted: 01:59:34 18/06/2015
It's better to think of these new characters as Amiibo with SuperChargers compatibility. I doubt they'll count towards the 20 new SuperChargers
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#185 Posted: 03:12:55 18/06/2015
We can hope they don't....of witch they shouldn't....since they can't be played on all systems..being there(Avtivision)clam to fame being all figures are palyable on all system's/game's.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#186 Posted: 08:20:16 18/06/2015
Quote: Ryanator20x6

The 3DS sold a ton and its versions of Skylanders have crap sales, I'd hate to imagine what the Vita version's sales would be.

and disney infinity was released on the psvita not the 3ds... there is no excuses for activision.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#187 Posted: 12:42:16 18/06/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Ryanator20x6

and disney infinity was released on the psvita not the 3ds... there is no excuses for activision.

They put a really bad console port on the Vita. You don't want that.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#188 Posted: 12:48:20 18/06/2015

Sadly, they failed on something else with the Wii/3DS starters (and somewhat Wii U, but that one is easier to sell) - "But I don't want to buy the same character (Sure Shot Stealth Elf) twice"

seriously, why couldn't they just have put someone else in it? Roller Brawl would be perfect, since she's on the Wii/3DS box art and provides a nice elemental contrast to Stealth Elf.

That would be the ideal solution, but sadly they don't think about people not wanting duplicate characters.
---
^ You all know it's true
#189 Posted: 13:30:12 18/06/2015
Quote: Greeble

That would be the ideal solution, but sadly they don't think about people not wanting duplicate characters.

The entire point is to buy both Starter Packs to get both characters. Somehow I doubt an entire company was oblivious to that.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#190 Posted: 13:30:24 18/06/2015
^ Exactly. Starter sales are down in Trap Team. This will give it a bump now doubt.

Skylands is a place.

Well hell I want Terminators! Pac Man! Bandicoot! Link! Sub Zero! Who needs skylanders?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:32:10 18/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#191 Posted: 18:09:06 18/06/2015
I'm really hoping for more exclusive console landers like Crash for Ps and Rayman for XBox.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#192 Posted: 18:16:00 18/06/2015
Quote: somePerson
I'm really hoping for more exclusive console landers like Crash for Ps and Rayman for XBox.

I hope not. I think the collectors in the fandom might rise up and do any number of rash things (walk away, scream at the developers, etc.) if that happened since it would mean the purchase of at least one extra starter for every console exclusive character released (if Nintendo's deal/display is anything to go by). Ugh. No thank you.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#193 Posted: 18:40:31 18/06/2015
This whole thing bodes horrible for Skylanders 6 which falls back into the hands of Toys For Bob...it's bad enough they released a glitchy and sometimes broken Trap Team, but to have to also make different versions for PS and XBox vs Nintendo. With their smaller levels, I bet vehicles are going to behave like magic item pieces in Sky 6 rather than be functional. While I will enjoy playing with DK and Bowser, the idea of console-specific Skylanders is just nuts...it opens up an ugly and unpleasant can of worms...also sets a bad precedent for future games.
Kaotic Red Sparx Gems: 31
#194 Posted: 19:19:59 18/06/2015
A lot of people seem to be assuming that DK and Bowser "replaced" skylanders that could've appeared on all platforms, when realistically if it weren't for the Nintendo characters, instead of 40 vehicles/skylanders there likely would've been only 36.

Better to think of these two as 'extras' rather than 'instead of'
---
Kaaaaaaaaaoooossssss!
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#195 Posted: 20:35:01 18/06/2015
Quote: mastermc54
This whole thing bodes horrible for Skylanders 6 which falls back into the hands of Toys For Bob...it's bad enough they released a glitchy and sometimes broken Trap Team, but to have to also make different versions for PS and XBox vs Nintendo. With their smaller levels, I bet vehicles are going to behave like magic item pieces in Sky 6 rather than be functional. While I will enjoy playing with DK and Bowser, the idea of console-specific Skylanders is just nuts...it opens up an ugly and unpleasant can of worms...also sets a bad precedent for future games.

Honestly, I don't believe that Vicarious Visions made a separate version for the Wii U this time around and similarly don't think that Toys for Bob would need to make separate versions for each console (outside of the standard code customizations). All you would need to do is either add or delete certain character data from each systems' specific character database. Don't want Bowser & DK to play on PS3/PS4/360/XBOne? Delete their character models and data from the database. Done. No additional programming required. Now if each console had specific in game content? Oh yeah, more programming all around, probably a big mess.

Quote: Kaotic
A lot of people seem to be assuming that DK and Bowser "replaced" skylanders that could've appeared on all platforms, when realistically if it weren't for the Nintendo characters, instead of 40 vehicles/skylanders there likely would've been only 36.

Better to think of these two as 'extras' rather than 'instead of'

I'm still going to operate under the assumption that Activision didn't blatantly lie. They said there would be 20 SuperChargers and 20 vehicles but also specifically said there would be 2 SuperChargers of each element. I personally think that this makes Bowser & DK one-off extras since they share elements with other Skylanders where we know (at least in Fire's case) the "2 per element" allotment has already been reached.

We don't really know until the full poster comes out and, unfortunately, based on how Activision/Toys for Bob handled the Trap Team poster, maybe not even than. Here's to hoping that we're now at at least 22 SuperChargers and 22 vehicles.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#196 Posted: 21:49:18 18/06/2015
If the poster in any indicator, than light and dark are only getting 1. So it is 20 and 20 in that case.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#197 Posted: 21:55:04 18/06/2015
I am glad to see them done this way I hope that they will continue adding 1-2 nintendo guest stars for each game.
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#198 Posted: 23:41:39 18/06/2015
Seriously, why couldn't they just have put someone else in it? Roller Brawl would be perfect, since she's on the Wii/3DS box art and provides a nice elemental contrast to Stealth Elf.

Follow-up

Alternatively, since it's a racing game and the Skylanders most likely aren't particularly important in the racing version, they could've put Stealth Elf's VEHICLE in the Wii/3DS starter pack, so you have a choice of 2 vehicles from the start, while having an excellent incentive pairing with the main console release. "Buy both starter packs, get 3 Superchargers - all with their signature vehicles!"

I just don't get how they could be so infuriatingly bad at figuring out what they should put in the starter packs this year... Trap Team has been the best since the original with only new figures, just a little bit low on figures in the 3DS version.
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#199 Posted: 00:50:02 19/06/2015
I don't see DK/bowser being sold separately as it would cause confusion people would buy the DK or Bowser and would complain when it doesn't work on their platform.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#200 Posted: 01:55:56 19/06/2015
Quote: mantez
I don't see DK/bowser being sold separately as it would cause confusion people would buy the DK or Bowser and would complain when it doesn't work on their platform.

This would be remedied by selling them in the Amiibo section.

It's so hard to imagine Engima and Zook in the same universe let alone Enigma and Donkey Kong.... It's so weird
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:47:57 19/06/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me